Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I read this earlier...what does Trump gain by doing this?? I wouldnt either.

Do you think he should debate him Swish?

Legend
Legend
Well.....

Imma be completely honest.

I really like this. A no holds bar, man on man, straight up debate?

This is about as American as we can get. I want this to happen. And Cruz straight up challenging trump, and trump accepting the terms as long as he finishes second?

This is straight fire, bro. I hope it happens. That's some balls from both of them right there.

This is the modern day version of challenging somebody to a duel.
I just hope they don't choose Limbaugh to moderate. I don't like that dude.

Last edited by Swish; 01/28/16 03:47 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: FBHO71

If you wish to play the tough guy, call all of your opponents weak, losers and degrade everyone who takes you on? In that case, you either need to man up or quit with the hyperbole.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ok this is strange for me..I wasnt expecting that kind of response...I was reading it shaking my head yes in agreement...but man when I look at it from Trumps perspective..there is no way I'd do it.

Cruz has everything to gain and really nothing to lose...and his donaldducking thing seems like something Trump would come up with rofl

I wouldnt do it...and I damn sure wouldnt do it with Rush as the moderator...I dont listen to Rush but my oldest boy does and says Rush rips on Trump all the time...idk if thats right..but its what the kid tells me.

Off topic: but does the democrats ever debate with any Fox commentators as mods or a right leaning one?? Honest question I saw someone on another site say this and since you watch them I figured I'd ask you??

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

If you wish to play the tough guy, call all of your opponents weak, losers and degrade everyone who takes you on? In that case, you either need to man up or quit with the hyperbole.

I guess thats how you could look at it...I look at it like...I would gain nothing by doing it and therefor the ones trying to catch me in the poles will just have to figure out another way JMHO Pit

Legend
Legend
J/C ...... I have to wonder how many people say that they support Trump right now, because he is resonating with their frustrations with the political world ....but when they actually go to vote, and envision him as President, might well change their minds?

It's like many of us who were frustrated and irritated with yet another reboot with the Browns. We said that we might just be done with them .... and really meant it at the time .... but now that time had passed we (or at least I) have had those feelings ease a bit. It's still annoying that things were blown up yet again ..... yet we're all here, hanging on every piece of Browns news.

I think that a lot of people may well feel that Trump is what they want, because he expresses their irritation and frustration, but I believe that many will stop and consider whether or not we want a guy who governs from frustration and irritation as president, and will decide that the do not, and will vote for someone else.

I am also less inclined to believe polls, because I remember the last election where polling said that Romney was closing on Obama .... only ... well ..... to not do as well.

The real clear politics average of polls had the election at 48.8 for Obama, and 48.1 for Romney. It looked like it could come down to Florida, of a similar situation, again. The final pre-election electoral map said that Obama had 201 electoral votes wrapped up, to 190 for Romney, with 146 considered toss up. Well ..... of those 146 toss ups, only 16 went Romney's way. An election that was considered to be close, turned into a landslide victory for Obama.

The turnout for that election was roughly 55%. Many people who might have voted for Romney, stayed home instead. I wonder how many people who say they support Trump will definitely turn out and vote, and how many just enjoy having someone say some of the things they are thinking, but won't vote?

Further, the early primaries are all turnout, and the group that turns out most heavily are those who are most politically connected. I have to wonder how many of these people are backing Trump.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Ok this is strange for me..I wasnt expecting that kind of response...I was reading it shaking my head yes in agreement...but man when I look at it from Trumps perspective..there is no way I'd do it.

Cruz has everything to gain and really nothing to lose...and his donaldducking thing seems like something Trump would come up with rofl

I wouldnt do it...and I damn sure wouldnt do it with Rush as the moderator...I dont listen to Rush but my oldest boy does and says Rush rips on Trump all the time...idk if thats right..but its what the kid tells me.

Off topic: but does the democrats ever debate with any Fox commentators as mods or a right leaning one?? Honest question I saw someone on another site say this and since you watch them I figured I'd ask you??

Nah, but they should.

I wish there was a regulation that stated that each parties debate must be hosted and moderated by the opposing party at least once.

Other than being extremely entertaining, it would make for some truly eye opening responses, and would cut down mods asking questions that only aim to boost the candidate in question.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'll tell you what Y-town...for me I thought it was a complete joke at first...it wasnt until recently after conversations with person that knows him and listening to him..Trump that is..it would take something big for me not to vote for him if he gets the nod...and I NEVER thought Id ever say those words.

And from things Ive read...the people who support him now will definitely vote for him...and the ones who are not likely wont...love him or hate him type thing...now how true that is idk but Ive never witnessed anything like this in my life..its pretty wild man.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Thanks for answering that..I didnt know if the guy was full of it or not...and I agree with what you wrote.

Legend
Legend
It probably was that close...until the 47% comment came.

55% percent turn out is pathetic for eligible voters. But even with that, if more people showed up to vote for Romney, even more would've showed up to vote for Obama.

It works both ways, man. Romney was probably gonna lose no matter the turn out.

As far as frustration goes, I have to ask you republicans and conservatives this:

What are you frustrated about? The economy for the last 20 years is exactly what you guys wanted. Businesses allowed to do whatever they want, and massive tax cuts.

This is what you guys wanted. Less government oversight. Businesses allowed to do whatever they want, regardless of the welfare of the American people. If they want all their jobs overseas, that's their right. Capitalism.

So it can't be the economy.

So what is it? Mad about gay marriage? Mad that tax payers have the same rights as everybody else? That's what you guys are pissed about?

War? Republicans love war. Your politicians talk about war like we're playing call of duty. It's big money for contractors in warfare. Your representative are mad that we don't have boots on ground all over the Middle East?

Illegal immigration? A lot of farmers are conservatives, which is fun because they benefit from illegal immigration the most. Hell trump even had illegals building his buildings. And I don't buy that excuse that he didn't know about it.

So what is it that you guys are frustrated about? American has turned into a conservative paradise. You own most of the resources. You guys have most of the money and property.

You republicans, the party of family values and moral responsibility, can kill 4 people on the side of the road while driving drunk, and instead of going to jail, claim affluenza and get probation.

So what are republicans frustrated about?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
.Trump that is..it would take something big for me not to vote for him if he gets the nod...and I NEVER thought Id ever say those words.

Ah, my other big fear.. Donald walks on the edge, he has come up smelling like roses so far in the primaries but he teeters on the edge of what people are willing to tolerate.. If he gets the nomination, then takes one step over that edge, it's a guarantee we will have at least 4 years of Hillary, which for me is the equivalent of 4 years locked in a room with somebody dragging their fingernails on a chalkboard... I seriously cannot find one redeeming quality in that woman.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
She's not racist, sexist, or xenophobic.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

How do you know? Because she's never come right out and said it? If there is one thing I know about Hillary, she is the equivalent of Donald Trump on the left. She will say whatever she needs to in order to manipulate her base into supporting her. She has proven more than a few times that if she has to lie, that's not a problem. If she has to hide or lose documents that could hurt her, again, not a problem. If she has to throw people under the bus and destroy the reputation of others to protect her own, not a problem.

Choosing Hillary because it is some sort of moral high ground still leaves you below sea level.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
Businesses allowed to do whatever they want, and massive tax cuts.

I want to just comment on this 1 thing...I'm not going to list my income or networth for 1.I dont think anyone would believe. 2. It really is no ones business.

The only way I'll put it is I'm not going hungry any time soon nor is anyone in my family...and considering I just posted I wasnt getting angry this year at the tax man...and just read a post on another site that said the person hates welfare and poor people....I'll just say this..

I cant imagine what in the hell my tax burden would be without those massive tax cuts. Holy hell man I'm for a helping hand and donate a crap ton to charity but at what point does the taxes turn into a non-incentive for people to acquire wealth??

I hear you on gay marriage... I just wish it wasnt called marriage..civil union whatever.

What about Ted Kennedy he have affluenza?

I'm pissed because we are losing our rights slowly...I'm pissed because I cant tell the difference between rep. and dem. for the most part. I'm pissed because I pay through the nose in taxes while my representatives are delinquent on their taxes and dont get prosecuted.

I'm pissed because I see the major shift coming in this country and I dont agree with most of it. I'm pissed because the ILLEGALS shouldnt be here in the first place and the answer is to just let them all stay here?? bullogny.

I could go on but I think u get the point.

Legend
Legend
The state of Florida still operates below sea level.

Me supporting trump would leave me the way of Atlantis.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
I seriously cannot find one redeeming quality in that woman.

Me either...but I recently had to put my money where my mouth is...I made a pretty substantial bet with a Democrat friend of mine...that Trump will beat Hillary if it comes to those 2 in the election...and believe with every bone in my body freaking Trump would win not because Trump is anything great but because Hillary is just that bad

We will see and if I lose the bet I'll be damn surprised but I read politics well and I just dont see her winning.

Legend
Legend

Those are the things she is not. I'm cool with that.
What I'm not so cool with are some of the things that she IS.

I wish Bernie was running against 'a better alternative to Hillary.'

Sad thing for me is this: BOTH parties have shockingly shallow talent pools at present, and that does very little to instill confidence in 4,8, 12 years. Where is the fresh blood with fresh ideas? Who are these unknowns... and when will they ever show up?

I'd love to hear from forward-thinking Dems AND Repubs. Problem is I'm not hearing anything fresh from any of them... just the same rehash that's always been around.

AND no, I don't like the idea of a Trump presidency at all. Anger and frustration are great motivators, but are ultimately non-sustainable. After the anger subsides, it must be replaced with something else. With Trump, we have no idea what that might be. He's been pretty nebulous on policy details from the start. That is a concern.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Yet everything you're pissed about, trump is buddies with the people that made that happen.

At this point were choosing between the puppet and the puppeteer.

At least the puppet has a chance to snap it's strings. The puppeteer wanted the show to be like this in the first place.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
operates below sea level.

Me supporting trump would leave me the way of Atlantis.

And just to think..the way the Clintons operate is well below Atlantis

A
Legend
Legend
A

You republicans, the party of family values and moral responsibility, can kill 4 people on the side of the road while driving drunk, and instead of going to jail, claim affluenza and get probation.

Generalize much? Really swish? "you republicans....." can kill 4 people.......... Show me one person, of ANY party, that agreed with that crap. Other wise, you look foolish by classifying it as "you republicans".

Farmers? Yeah, the ones I know are mostly conservative. Of the big ones I know, personally, around here - 2 of them own or lease over 10,000 acres (combined, that is) - not a single illegal employee - not a single illegal immigrant working for them. Not 1.

My bro in law works for one of those farmers. My cousin works for the other one. Maybe you shouldn't generalize so much.

I also know another family that grows tomatoes. They used to hire immigrant labor - legal immigrants - you know, documented people. They quit doing that and now use machinery. No more housing costs, plus the machine does as good a job, much faster.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm not going to argue that point...I'm just hoping Trump sticks to what he says he is going to do...by the way I dont agree with a lot...but its more then the rest of them...I wish there was someone better I really do Swish but I have to go with what I think is best for me.

One thing u said I agree with is how pathetic the voter turn out is...Idk what the answer is but damn turnout should be much higher.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Arch in your case that may be but man there are a ton of illegals working in that field bubba.

Legend
Legend
You can post the "I know a guy" al you want.

The fact is the agricultural industry benefits from illegal immigration,specifically in the south.

Hell, so does the construction industry to an extent.

So my generalizations are rooted in fact. Yours is.... Lol, "I know a guy".

Pointless.

And anybody that agreed with that?

The judge, the lawyer, and the psychologist is just a start. And there are quite a few people on social media who said it was the right ruling.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I'm not going to argue that point...I'm just hoping Trump sticks to what he says he is going to do...by the way I dont agree with a lot...but its more then the rest of them...I wish there was someone better I really do Swish but I have to go with what I think is best for me.

One thing u said I agree with is how pathetic the voter turn out is...Idk what the answer is but damn turnout should be much higher.

I think anybody who complains about politics, but don't vote, really has no business complaining in the first place.

The most important right is voting.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

How do you know? Because she's never come right out and said it? If there is one thing I know about Hillary, she is the equivalent of Donald Trump on the left. She will say whatever she needs to in order to manipulate her base into supporting her. She has proven more than a few times that if she has to lie, that's not a problem. If she has to hide or lose documents that could hurt her, again, not a problem. If she has to throw people under the bus and destroy the reputation of others to protect her own, not a problem.

Choosing Hillary because it is some sort of moral high ground still leaves you below sea level.

Interesting thought I heard about hillary today regarding her e-mail.

You know, the situation where she claimed at first that it was just easier for her to combine everything on 1 device.

Then it turns out she had 3 devices.

Then she started with the "my personal server only had personal e-mails on it".

Then it becomes known she had work e-mails on it, and didn't use a secure account at all.

Then she said "nothing in my e-mails was marked confidential at all" And then we find out she told people to just copy the text, and not the "confidential" headers on the e-mails sent to her.

And yet, she could still "claim" nothing sent to her was marked confidential.

Her e-mail server - her personal one - was the one she conducted business on - we know that.

So, why did the secretary of state claim to not have 1 single e-mail that was confidential?

She only used 1 e-mail as secretary of state, yet she claims, as the secretary of state, to have not had 1 single e-mail that was confidential? Really? What was she doing as secretary of state if she's not getting confidential info?

Oh, that's right, we know. She was lying.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
What I'm not so cool with are some of the things that she IS.

I have a friend of a friend who worked security detail for the Clintons and if what he said about how bad Hillary treated them is true...well she is a foul nasty person I would never vote for.

Said Bill was good to them but Hillary is one nasty hateful woman.

Legend
Legend
The problem Clem, is that what IS she that pretty much any other politician isn't?

The political system has boiled down to all of them being crap, so you gotta pick who stinks less.

It's my personal opinion that Hilary stinks less. However, for a guy like arch who seems to foam at the mouth every time Hilary is mentioned, thinks she stinks more.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
She should be in prison over things she has done...how anyone can stick up for her or vote for her is insane to me.

Legend
Legend
Innocent until proven guilty.

That applies to everybody, not just those you like. And until she gets charged and convicted. You got nothing.

Last edited by Swish; 01/28/16 05:07 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I dont foam at the mouth but she does make me want to puke...I agree though where is the new blood...where is the better choices.

I'm sick of Clintons and the Bush families...hell throw in the Kennedy's also.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Do you honestly believe she is not guilty?? Holy hell man I agree 100% with innocent till proven guilty.

But who has the nads to prove her guilty??

and whoever does better have protection detail because the Clintons dont deal with adversaries very kindly now do they.

Legend
Legend
I believe Cheney intentionally shot homeboy in the face.

But until he gets charged and convicted, what can I really say about it?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Innocent until proven guilty.

That applies to everybody, not just those you like. And until she gets charged and convicted. You got nothing.

Youre right I dont have nothing I'm not the one investigating her...but you can bet your ass there is proof someone has.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That he is a dope and doesnt know how to hunt or are u referring to something else??

Legend
Legend
Quote:
The fact is the agricultural industry benefits from illegal immigration,specifically in the south.

I can't state this as fact, I bet California is worse than the south.

Quote:

Owners benefit, things would just be more expensive.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
You can post the "I know a guy" al you want.

So my generalizations are rooted in fact. Yours is.... Lol, "I know a guy".

Pointless.

And anybody that agreed with that?

The judge, the lawyer, and the psychologist is just a start. And there are quite a few people on social media who said it was the right ruling.

Maybe in the south they do. I can't speak of which I don't know.

Perhaps the people that are supported by welfare should get in line for all these "illegal" jobs you speak of?

You, and rooted in "fact"? You spew what your told. I spew what I see.

As for me and "I know a guy".......trust me, if the other farmers were using illegals around here, these guys would be also.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I believe Cheney intentionally shot homeboy in the face.

But until he gets charged and convicted, what can I really say about it?

Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

Legend
Legend
I'm sure somebody has something on her.

I'm sure somebody has something on Obama, Bernie, trump, Cruz, Carson, bush, etc.

The list goes on.

I bet if me and you hung out in DC for a week, we could find out who's having an affair with who, and which big wig smashed the wrong secretary and fronted money for an abortion.

But until any of them get charged and convicted, we can't really say much.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

DC the people who did the actual building of my current house only the crew leader was legal...after a month of conversing in spanish with them they opened up and told me about their situations and how they send the money back home to support their families.

They was surprised the wife and I was fluent in spanish..I learned it young I didnt like the spanish gangs in my hood as youth talking and I didnt know what they was saying so I learned and it paid off in life.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

I can't state this as fact, I bet California is worse than the south.

Quote:

California is close enough to the south. But my point stands, regardless of where in America it's happening.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Donald Trump's gift to America

Link Copied to Clipboard