Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Tulsa #1078729 02/14/16 10:31 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Has anyone here not read the book of Exodus? Those plagues weren't a warning, God explicitly said he was going to harden Pharoah's heart in order to show his power.

Was that God or Cecil B. Demille? I get those confused.

How can you possibly confuse God with a man named Cecil of all things? brownie

MrTed #1078731 02/14/16 10:33 PM
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Has anyone here not read the book of Exodus? Those plagues weren't a warning, God explicitly said he was going to harden Pharoah's heart in order to show his power.
If those words were spoken in the New Testament they would've been in red if ya know what I mean.
Now if you want to talk about 'warnings', it's said that Jeremiah preached for 40 years (not you 40 wink ) warning the nation of Israel about their idolatry, child sacrifice and immorality before he finally had enough and marched them all the way to Babylon, but before they left Nebuchadnezzar killed the kings sons right in front of him and THEN put his eyes out.
I'd say that all of the eloquent postings on the gospel from Y-town and others plus all the preachers who've been warning about God's wrath since way back when ought to serve as warning enough.

Good point on the ten plagues, Noted and I stand corrected on that one.

Good post

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 02/14/16 10:34 PM.
Legend
Legend
man, the way you guys post, i guess God is a major contradiction then.

we have free will, but not really?

if god gave us free will, then why be pissed? he already knew what the deal was.

or maybe he gave us free will, and you guys are pulling stuff out of your asses again, and blaming everything on "god's will".

katrina? God made us pay. STD's? god was pissed. didn't win that lotto? god said "lol, not today bruh".

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1078736 02/14/16 10:53 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm too tired to talk to you now. Maybe LA or Ted would cover for me on this one.

I will get back to tossing you like a dog with a rag in its mouth tomorrow. rofl

Legend
Legend
you didn't toss anything though.

you're trying to win a religious debate with somebody who isn't religious. talk about a waste of time.

God ain't angry. YOU'RE angry. there's a big difference.

no asteroid has randomly hit us, the entire world ain't flooded over, and the rapture hasn't come to take us.

turn off the 700 club.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1078739 02/14/16 11:04 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

you're trying to win a religious debate with somebody who isn't religious. talk about a waste of time.

no asteroid has randomly hit us, the entire world ain't flooded over, and the rapture hasn't come to take us.

turn off the 700 club.

No no no Swish, I ain't trying to win anything, I already won.
I ain't angry, I am saved.

Good night.

Legend
Legend
did you say your hail mary's before going to bed?

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
deleted

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 02/14/16 11:26 PM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
God sends judgements because He is working towards an end. He is putting an end to evil without creating robots in the process.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 02/14/16 11:28 PM.
Swish #1078745 02/14/16 11:31 PM
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
man, the way you guys post, i guess God is a major contradiction then.

we have free will, but not really?

if god gave us free will, then why be pissed? he already knew what the deal was.

or maybe he gave us free will, and you guys are pulling stuff out of your asses again, and blaming everything on "god's will".

katrina? God made us pay. STD's? god was pissed. didn't win that lotto? god said "lol, not today bruh".

Don't you get angry when you see someone committing atrocities? I do. And so does God. Because Love hates evil. God does not hate sinners, He hates evil.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

turn off the 700 club.

Good night.

Jesus won 2,000 years ago. We're just in the business of being sent out to proclaim liberaty to the captives of the defeated enemy.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 02/14/16 11:34 PM.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Here's the thing, to say God is love is what is known as an incomplete argument. God is also just. God is also Holy. God is Merciful. His mercy has no limits. But sooner or later time is going to run out, either at the end of time or the end of your life.

Why does God get angry when we disobey him even though we have free will? See above. This is his house, the rules are his and whether you are a child of God (one who has accepted Jesus as Savior) you are still a creation of God and he has his standards. He does not tolerate sin.

I once heard a radio preacher say that if you don't accept Jesus sacrifice for your sins then God holds you accountable for his death.

Interesting you say 'no asteroid has hit us'. If the Bible is to be believed then that day is coming. It's in the book of Revelation.

You should also know that when the rapture does take place, only those in Christ are being taken.

I could go on, but it's late and I have another paint estimate that I prayed for to do.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: LA Brown fan

turn off the 700 club.

Good night.

Jesus won 2,000 years ago. We're just in the business of being sent out to proclaim liberaty to the captives of the defeated enemy.

Again, very well said!

my two cents...
MrTed #1078749 02/14/16 11:36 PM
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Good stuff!!!

As far as God being angry...anyone who does not get angry at evil is neither loving nor just. So God being both loving and just certainly gets angry at evil.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 02/14/16 11:37 PM.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
We're firing on all cylinders tonight!

my two cents...
MrTed #1078751 02/14/16 11:44 PM
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Peace and blessings to you and 40 and others...signing off for now. Enjoyed the discussion, and pray that God blesses and gives increase to the seeds that are planted.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Amen and amen brother, blessings to you also.

my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
From the days of Hippies and Love Fests and the warning given us through all type and kind of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, to the ravages of HIV and Hepatitis C for Promiscuity and Sinful practices, to the warning of the Ebola Virus, God has been sending us Plagues in an attempt to get us to change our acceptance of all things unholy.

All to no avail. Now we must brace ourselves for His next warning, sent to all of us, the ZIKA Virus.

This one ladies and gentlemen is going to get your attention.
While we sweated under the pressure of Ebola and managed to save ourselves, Zika was quietly infecting millions of us. Only now have we discovered it and only now are we finding out just how bad it is.

It is already in the United States and this summer it will ravage us like nothing we have seen since the days of Locusts and Frogs.

Actually, I would say this is the ravages of illegal immigration. Whenever there is a mass migration of people, disease follows. After America took control of it's health care in a way that we have almost eradicated certain diseases in this country, we are now flooded with drug resistant TB, syphilis, and gonorrhea. This will only get worse. We will have new flus, common colds, and other diseases the majority of Americans have never been exposed to, and they will be more virulent against an unprepared population.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
yea...that's false, as diseases have been around forever, specifically STD's.

we've been treating STD's for a while, and we was treating STD's with freaking mercury in the 18th and 19th century.

so while some diseases from different countries are new, the fact is that we as americans, just like europe, have been dealing with diseases that we already had.

even if we used your logic, then native americans have europeans to thank, as 90% of the native american population was wiped out because of....illegal european immigration.

even still, native americans were already dealing with STD's before europeans came along.

so to blame this problem on illegal immigration is wreckless and completely disrespectful, as STD's have been around forever, we just didn't know what the hell it was or how to treat it for a long time.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Well said.

I want to add just one thing.

There is real danger is us trying to decide what God is trying to do in this world. Like I said, God allows the evil to flourish, and the good man to fail. God has His own purposes.

Yes, we should be concerned about sin. We absolutely should be doing our best to use the gifts God has given us, whether to profess our faith in God to others, to help others, encourage others, teach, pray for others, and so on.

I am preparing a sermon on 1 John, (which will be my 1st ever. Yikes!) so I have been studying that book for the past week plus. It is a short book, but it is a book with a huge impact. John wrote to early believers so they (and we) could know about how we know we're saved, and how we know whether someone else is a brother or not. John poured a lot into 5 short chapters.

I worry that sometimes people look at the evil in this world, and the bad things that happen as a result, and assign it as specific pouring out of God's wrath on a specific person. However, I look at missionaries, who right now are being tortured and killed in the Middle East. Why would God allow them to have this happen to them? Did they somehow do something that was so much worse than we did? Of course not. These are people who are trying to spread the Word of God, and yet they are tortured and killed. Why? Well, maybe God uses their death to reach the hearts one or more of those who are on the fringes of groups who would do such things. Maybe they see how the Christian dies, praying for them, and not condemning them, and they open their own hearts to Christ. I think that we need to be careful to not overvalue this life, and this world, at the expense of the next.

This world is evil, and evil will take place here. When evil happens to a specific person, it does not necessarily mean that they something "wrong", (and I mean that some specific sin caused their tragedy, not that they are somehow never sinning) but that we are in a world that is under Satan. Our joy is that we, those who trust and follow Christ, are no longer in the world, but we are in Christ. Our bodies may perish on this earth, but our souls are forever safe in His hands. Whether we leave this earth at 18, or 80, we can know, with certainly, that if we are in Christ, He loves us, and gathers us to Himself for eternity. I also want to offer one warning. Since this world is in the hands of the devil, I do believe that Satan will pour success on some people, so that they will never turn to God because of their success. This is more of a concern to me than whether or not God is pouring out His wrath in the form of disease and disaster. Material success can turn a person from God just as surely as disaster can, and even more quickly.

I believe that there is a danger in us deciding what God intends by virtue of specific events that take place in this world. This is a sinful world, and we all walk through it, but the believer no longer walks in it.

These are just a few of me thoughts on the matter.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is God just upset that he's single on Valentines Day?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
God is picking on me for the same reason he picks on Job. I'm perfect and upright.

1-God is not picking on Job. That was a long time ago.

God did not pour out His wrath on Job, but He did allow Satan to abuse Job to the point of everything less than his death. Job was tormented by Satan, who killed off most of his family, took away every bit of his wealth, and inflicted massive, gaping sores upon Job.

The book of Job is a great metaphor for the world today. God allows Satan to inflict his torments and temptations on the world, but God will save those who are willing to humble themselves and be saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. Also, remember that we who are saved through the blood of Jesus Christ can also get cancer, get in a horrible accident, be in the path of natural disasters, face financial ruin, and so on. Often, just like in Job, it is Satan who is the author of these horrors, trying to pry the believer out of the hands of Jesus Christ.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
well, the people keep on eliminating God's viruses, so i dunno what to tell you.

or Maybe God comes up with viruses that are designed for us to develop a cure for, thus advancing us as a species.

my crazy theory is just as viable as yours.

Many viruses and diseases are a result of the effects of a fallen world that we live in. In addition, as we before stated, many things are not final judgement, but are rather warnings to get people's attention.

It is sometimes difficult to discern whether a calamnity is sent from God or is just part of the fallenness of our world. But it does not matter. In everything, God is stretching out His hands to us just as He was in the days of Noah. In those days, He said "my Spirit will not always strive with men". This is a warning to us all.

We can play with God's grace like Pharoah did and pay the price or we can pay attention and be saved like Moses I used to be like Pharoah and deserve Hell a billion times over, but God had mercy on me. He didnt have to, I could have died a long time ago. So I know God is merciful. I also know that to presume on His mercy is perilous, for none of us is guaranteed to wake up tommorow or even be alive in five minutes.

That is a beautiful testimony. Thank you for sharing it. laugh

Legend
Legend

turn off the 700 club.

Good night.

Man, that is just beautiful. I am going to borrow that, if you don't mind.

Swish #1078781 02/15/16 07:10 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
basically, as much as they suck, unfortunately we need them.

That's against the law in Michigan. We could send them all to Michigan so they can be arrested. willynilly

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Swish #1078787 02/15/16 09:01 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
yea...that's false, as diseases have been around forever, specifically STD's.

It's amazing how incorrect you are. Mass migrations of people bring disease, as you cited in your American Indian comment. The natives had never been exposed to small pox, and the small pox ran ahead of the Spanish, killing 90% of the population before the majority of Europeans even had the chance. The same sort of thing happened when the Black Plague struck Europe following trade routes out of Asia.

The diseases that are new here are Zika, Entero-68, drug resistant TB, drug resistant STDs, and so on.

So, where does your expertise come from for virology? You constantly cite that the rest of us have no business commenting on other countries if we've never traveled there, but my wife was a biologist/virologist for NIST for 10 years.

When a mass migration of people that have never been inoculated against the diseases we have, and those diseases have evolved differently than in this country, disease will spread easily. As I stated many times, there was a reason for Ellis Island, and just one of those reasons was quarantine.

All Pro
All Pro
Obama is trying to build HIS Sodom and Gomorrah.

GO BROWNS!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So nice to sign in this morning to such wonderful posts.

I decided to fact check your posts with the Supreme Court and here is what I found...

“God assumed from the beginning that the wise of the world would view Christians as fools ... and he has not been disappointed.”
“If I have brought any message today, it is this: Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity,” “Be fools for Christ, and have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world.”

-Justice Scalia

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I am preparing a sermon on 1 John, (which will be my 1st ever. Yikes!)

Having read that post, and some of your others, I believe God will speak through you to good effect. Just don't use stats. wink

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
God works in mysterious ways. wink

Fixed it for you.

Thank you. That was kindhearted.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Well, now we will see if'n you can say it as well as you type it! wink

Good luck, remember to breath. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
i'm not an expert, i just know how to read the information given.

the information out there says diseases have been around before migration.

you're wife is a smart woman, but she isn't the one posting. you are.

you're basically saying i shouldn't comment, because i somehow should've had psychic powers and knew your wife was a biologist prior to posting in this thread.

if your argument was that migration made everything a lil bit worse, than i wouldn't had said anything.

but you're specifically blaming illegal immigration for the problems we have with diseases, when the facts show that simply isn't true. and knowing your posting history, that was a tasteless political point you was trying to make.

you're talking about drug resistant STD's, when we still have a problem with the regular diseases. you're talking curability.

i'm talking the spread, period. and that's why your false.

illegal immigration doesn't have anything to do with the reason why the clap is under reported. it's underreported because people routinely go long times without showing any symptoms, and never get checked up until there is a show of symptoms.

in the military, we have a huge problem with STD's, and that doesn't have crap to do with illegal immigration, and everything to do with people not wrapping up and smashing the same person in small military town.

and even still. illegal immigration? that can simply come from LEGAL migration. which is why i wish your wife would post instead of you, because all you have is a history of trying to politicize a non-political thread, or you would've said migration, not tried to make it specifically about illegal immigration. which is why i rarely trust anything yo have to say.

our population can't even get it together ourselves with diseases. what you're forgetting is that these kinda scares like Zika disease and such still get quickly eradicated, no matter HOW they got here, because of the work people like your wife do.

but STD's are everyday problems. Zika is not an everyday problem. just like ebola in america will never be an everyday problem. but STD's will ALWAYS be a problem, because you're not gonna stop americans, or anybody else, from having unprotected sex and not being treated/tested until they already in the hospital because it burns when they pee.

so my point is that we spread it plenty enough within our own citizen, so my point still stands, you trying to blame this on illegal immigration is tasteless and disrespectful.

- Theodore Roosevelt
ddubia #1078823 02/15/16 11:31 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: ddubia

Having read that post, and some of your others, I believe God will speak through you to good effect. Just don't use stats. wink

I can hear it now.....YTown saying: "In the Book of John, it says that Teddy Bridgewater only had 14 TDs last year, which is proof that.........Wait! What?" angel

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Well said.

I want to add just one thing.

There is real danger is us trying to decide what God is trying to do in this world. Like I said, God allows the evil to flourish, and the good man to fail. God has His own purposes.

Yes, we should be concerned about sin. We absolutely should be doing our best to use the gifts God has given us, whether to profess our faith in God to others, to help others, encourage others, teach, pray for others, and so on.

I am preparing a sermon on 1 John, (which will be my 1st ever. Yikes!) so I have been studying that book for the past week plus. It is a short book, but it is a book with a huge impact. John wrote to early believers so they (and we) could know about how we know we're saved, and how we know whether someone else is a brother or not. John poured a lot into 5 short chapters.

I worry that sometimes people look at the evil in this world, and the bad things that happen as a result, and assign it as specific pouring out of God's wrath on a specific person. However, I look at missionaries, who right now are being tortured and killed in the Middle East. Why would God allow them to have this happen to them? Did they somehow do something that was so much worse than we did? Of course not. These are people who are trying to spread the Word of God, and yet they are tortured and killed. Why? Well, maybe God uses their death to reach the hearts one or more of those who are on the fringes of groups who would do such things. Maybe they see how the Christian dies, praying for them, and not condemning them, and they open their own hearts to Christ. I think that we need to be careful to not overvalue this life, and this world, at the expense of the next.

This world is evil, and evil will take place here. When evil happens to a specific person, it does not necessarily mean that they something "wrong", (and I mean that some specific sin caused their tragedy, not that they are somehow never sinning) but that we are in a world that is under Satan. Our joy is that we, those who trust and follow Christ, are no longer in the world, but we are in Christ. Our bodies may perish on this earth, but our souls are forever safe in His hands. Whether we leave this earth at 18, or 80, we can know, with certainly, that if we are in Christ, He loves us, and gathers us to Himself for eternity. I also want to offer one warning. Since this world is in the hands of the devil, I do believe that Satan will pour success on some people, so that they will never turn to God because of their success. This is more of a concern to me than whether or not God is pouring out His wrath in the form of disease and disaster. Material success can turn a person from God just as surely as disaster can, and even more quickly.

I believe that there is a danger in us deciding what God intends by virtue of specific events that take place in this world. This is a sinful world, and we all walk through it, but the believer no longer walks in it.

These are just a few of me thoughts on the matter.

First of all, wonderful and tremendous post.

Praise God that He has given you an opportunity to preach His Word. First John is probably my favorite book of the Bible. I will be in your corner praying for you.

Thirdly, you are absolutely right that evil is not always a result of sin in the suffering person's life. Sin is often a result of living in a fallem world. Righteous people suffer just like anyone else. But we are not alone in it, for we have God as our Comforter and Strength. Also, for a Christian, suffering is sometimes a result of a fact that we are in a spiritual war. The unsaved often consider us "the enemy", not realizing tha we are not at war with them. "We do not wrestle against flesh and blood..."

Your comments on suffering remind me of the man that was born blind in John 9. The disciples asked Jesus "who sinned and caused this man to be born blind?" Was it him (how could he have sinned before he was born) or his parents or another?" Jesus answered "this man did not sin, nor did his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in Him (through his healing)

Also, Joseph being sold by his brothers into slavery. They intended it for evil, but God saved Joseph's family, as well as Egypt through it.

Lastly, the crucifiction of Jesus was the greatest example of this.

God is able to bring good out of evil, That is the testimony of God's power. HE NEVER LOSES. Men and demons can try to resist Him, but they cannot overthrow His Soveriegnty.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 02/15/16 12:21 PM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
well, the people keep on eliminating God's viruses, so i dunno what to tell you.

or Maybe God comes up with viruses that are designed for us to develop a cure for, thus advancing us as a species.

my crazy theory is just as viable as yours.

Many viruses and diseases are a result of the effects of a fallen world that we live in. In addition, as we before stated, many things are not final judgement, but are rather warnings to get people's attention.

It is sometimes difficult to discern whether a calamnity is sent from God or is just part of the fallenness of our world. But it does not matter. In everything, God is stretching out His hands to us just as He was in the days of Noah. In those days, He said "my Spirit will not always strive with men". This is a warning to us all.

We can play with God's grace like Pharoah did and pay the price or we can pay attention and be saved like Moses I used to be like Pharoah and deserve Hell a billion times over, but God had mercy on me. He didnt have to, I could have died a long time ago. So I know God is merciful. I also know that to presume on His mercy is perilous, for none of us is guaranteed to wake up tommorow or even be alive in five minutes.

That is a beautiful testimony. Thank you for sharing it. laugh

Thank you for the kind words.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L

turn off the 700 club.

Good night.

Man, that is just beautiful. I am going to borrow that, if you don't mind.

Thank you! That would be great.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 02/15/16 11:50 AM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Deleted.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 02/15/16 12:03 PM.
Swish #1078841 02/15/16 12:45 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
i'm not an expert, i just know how to read the information given.

You should have stopped there. That way, you'd at least seem to know something you're talking about.

My post is not political. The statement blaming illegal immigration is a fact, not politics. You want to see politics.

When any mass migration of people move from one region to another, they bring the native diseases of their area with them. They bring their own special breed of prevalent diseases with them. You've even backed my statement with the statements you've made on American Indians and small pox.

I blame illegal immigration, as no one is slowing these people down at all. They are being resettled in every state across the country, and they are not being inoculated against the diseases we already have in this country. If anything, it's safer for them to be inoculated against our certain flavors of various diseases. You said you are talking about the spread of disease, what on earth do you think I'm doing?

As for my wife posting, she has been talking to me about this problem for the past 7 years when it started getting really bad. She posts elsewhere on a site that people argue over medical issues. She wouldn't last two minutes on this board as she would have already told you what she thinks about your opinions on my 'falsehoods' in some rather disturbing detail that you'd take very personal.

As for your take on legal over illegal immigration, legal immigrants are inoculated. Illegal immigrants are not. This is why most people prefer the legal ones.

Here's some 2nd hand information for you on Zika. It has not been studied for transmission rates or process. The US just recently found out it could be transmitted sexually. It has not been adequately researched to determine if it's entered the blood supply. It has not been researched to determine if it can pass to a child not injured by the disease. It has not been researched to see if it can remain dormant in a previously bitten host and passed to another. If a female child contracts Zika, will it harm her future children? These might all be something to worry about, or they might not. We don't have enough information yet. The best way to stop this is to stop importing it into our country without any type of controls.

Now just for fun, let's get back to small pox. Have your children been inoculated against it? The US once considered small pox to be wiped out, but it still rears it's ugly head in parts of the world. I was inoculated against it back in the late 60s, but my dad was military and moving us to Guam. My children didn't get the multi-needle stick. I'm fairly sure anyone under 35 doesn't have a small pox mark on their shoulder. Should we allow countries with a recent small pox outbreak to send people here? Why doesn't anyone see the actual danger involved with immigration issues, other than just the crime and lack of taxes?

Legend
Legend
you're statement on illegal immigration being the problem is political. as i stated before, because of your posting history, i simply can't trust you enough for it to be something else.

once again, you're focusing on small pox and Zika, but you haven't said anything to me challenging you on your STD comment.

we can cure small pox. so even if there is a scare, for the most part, it isn't a major problem here in the states. the same thing is gonna happen with Zika. you bring up excellent questions with regards to the research of Zika, but the simple fact is that is that medical research is gonna eliminate the problem.

here:

"Zika has not really been in the media limelight or indeed that of the medical profession, because symptoms are relatively minor and deaths have only very rarely been reported," Dr. Helen Webberley, a general practitioner with the British National Health Service (NHS), told Medical News Today.

"It is a self-limiting infection with only 1 in 5 patients complaining of any symptoms," she added, "these being mild fever, conjunctivitis, headache, joint pain and rash. A rare neurological condition called Guillain Barre syndrome has also been associated."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/306501.php

So, that link backs up your statement that little is known about it. but it also backs up my statement that medical scientist don't even view it as a big deal, as they already have ways to treat it.

and then this from the same link:

Although it has only recently come under the spotlight, Zika has been around for many years, having first been discovered in 1947. It was only in 2007, however, that the first outbreak of the virus - in the Pacific - was documented.

So this isn't anything new. this can't even hold a candle to the ebola scare.

pregnant women are the most at risk, but they already have prevention methods out there for it.

so there's that.

so let's go back to STD's, you can't possibly blame migration of any sort for the problem, when the problem exist alive and well enough within our own citizens.

your logic doesn't make any sense, because in theory, even if we stopped illegals from entering the country, we still have a massive STD problems from our own citizens having sex with, guess who? our own citizens.

you should've left your statement at smallpox and Zika or something. your statement doesn't hold water once you add STD's into the mix, which btw, is a way bigger problem than Zika can hope to pull off.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1078858 02/15/16 01:46 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think Eric is right about illness coming into this Country through illegals. We used to hold immigrants for a period of time to make sure they were not sick. Today everyone with feet gets in, especially the sick ones looking for good healthcare.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... God is Angry

Link Copied to Clipboard