Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
So you're on the Jack/Goff train with cfrs?

I welcome everyone on the Jack/Goff train!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That took me too long to get.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I love Bosa, but I'm just not sure how he fits into a 3-4. I am not a big Ramsey guy, both would be nice players to have in a move down situation, but I'm on the cfrs train. I think Wetnz just reminds me too much of that other garbage ginger we drafted. Might be clouding my judgement.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Who do I want. see Signature...Wentz of course.

If for some reason we do not...I'm Jack guy myself. I think he's going to be a star.

next in line Tunsil (my scenario is the only way we don't get Wentz is because he went overall #1)

32. This is a strong Defensive Draft class...The best defensive player available not knowing who got taken and who is available.

Safety Bell? OLB Leonard Floyd? CBs. Apple, Alexander, Jackson?
Ogbah, Spence, Dodd??? Nkmdeche? Chris Jones....

Lots of good Defensive player...BPA of the D.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Rookie
Rookie
I agree my man and his name is Carson Wentz. A qb driven league. playin in the afc north, at 6'5" and 237 he"s exactly what the BROWNS need at #2

LETS GET THIS RIGHT FELLAS...ENOUGH LOSING IS ENOUGH!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

@2 Jalen Ramsey, it was Jack but our secondary is in shambles and Ramsey is in the top five overall.

@32 trade down within the top ten and get Michael Thomas and extra picks.

@65 Cardale Jones

Mid rounds - Justin Jenkins OLB and Keith Marshall RB both of UGA.

All Pro
All Pro
I still think I'd go with Wentz but the Ramsey pick is growing on me...

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Jared Goff
Josh Doctosn
Kentrell Brothers
Tajae Sharpe

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

Way back on Jan 13, this year, I said I liked Wentz...Wentz has done nothing to make me change my mind.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not for the #2 pick, but I like that OT from Indiana.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
C
All Pro
All Pro
C
I want Wentz in round one or if a team trades up and takes him then take Ramsey. Round 2 there will be a defensive stud that everyone is surprised is still available (Ogbah, Lawson). Round 3 take Hunter Henry or a wide receiver (Leonte Carroo or Pharoh Cooper). Round 4 take best available offensive lineman or take TE (Jerell Adams or Nick Vannett).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Based on analytics, I'm starting to think we should draft both of the WRs named Michael Thomas. Since the reboot, we've had a 100% success rate on drafting players with the last name Thomas.

I like Wentz. He seems to represent the culture that I want the Browns to have. I think that a team's culture often starts with/flows down from the QB. (Obviously the Coach and FO have some effect on that, too.) I think the top 3 QBs are really fairly close in the case of talent, but I think Wentz leads the field in leadership, work ethic/desire, and intelligence. The best QBs of the past decade have probably been Brady and Manning and I think those qualities I mentioned are what helped/played a large role in them getting there.

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 04/07/16 09:15 AM. Reason: Added the italics for the reasoning. I wouldn't mind those 2 receivers, though.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh, you like Wentz now.

#gmstrong
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Oh, you like Wentz now.

I found this video on Wentz. Link It is a showcase piece, but what I am taking away with it is his anticipation and touch on his passes.

I realize that this is a small sample, but he does a really good job of putting the ball where only his receiver really has a chance of making the catch. The only part I did not like on the video was that it didn't show him going through progressions or looking off anyone.

With that said I can't say if he can or he cannot do those things. The one play I thought I saw him look to the left on the deep route, saw the man was double covered with the safety, and he came back to the open man over the middle.

Maybe someone that has watch more film on QBs and or Wentz may have a different take. If you have a different opinion please let me know and explain it so I can learn something.

BTW I thought Wentz was supposed to be a big guy, but he didn't look that way in the video.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I welcome everyone on the Jack/Goff train!

*snicker* brownie

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sounds like some Groupon deal to me.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Ramsey in the first (unless Tunstil falls)
Best QB available at #32. I would not be adverse to a Connor Cook or Lynch possibly if he fell.

I do not think we absolutely need a QB at #2 nor am I on the Bosa bandwagon. Draft is deep with DL and Edge guys. We need players and depth right now.

Best case scenario, we trade down and pick up some picks. Maybe hit on some UDFA's

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Trade back to 7 or 8. If the top 8 are Tunsil, ramsey, wentz, goff, zeke, Jack, buckner and Hargreaves maximize your draft real estate by trading back. After those guys theres a huge drop. The next 30 to 40 prospects grade very closely. If your lucky Stanley gets over drafted and you have a choice of 2 or 3 guys at 7 or 8 while picking up an early 2nd and then some.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Its not a Smorjaborg (sweedish buffet...lol )

I expect us to be targeting one of the players as THE GUY WE WANT. If we are not enamored by one player we could drop back. I don't see that this year.

Last edited by eotab; 04/09/16 08:11 AM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1099593 04/09/16 10:12 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
...Smorjaborg...

I ate one of those once. I got sick. wink

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I'm way behind in looking at prospects this year but the surest blue-chip prospect I think has to be Jalen Ramsey. Just seems to be the best all around talent plus sick measureables. We can't afford to bust on #2 so he's probably the biggest want for me.

OT Spriggs out of Indiana looks like he's a potential gem as well. For WR, I'd love to see us land Josh Doctson.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
1st Round - This team needs a QB. Carson Wentz is my preference. If not him I would be alright with Jared Goff. There is no one player in this draft that will actually transform this team into a playoff contender this year. Might as well get the one player that could in a year or 2.

2nd thru 4th - I like players like Josh Doctson (If he was to fall to the 2nd round he has the best catch radius of all of the WR in this draft. After him I like Tyler Boyd WR. He is the most polished receiver. Precise route runner with good hands. On the DLine I like Sheldon Day. At the senior Bowl he lived in the offensive back field. Great penetration. I also, like RB Alex Collins from Arkansas.

In the late rounds 5 thru 7 players like Eric Stryker OLB Oklahoma. Under sized pass rusher but has a great motor. DeRunnya Wilson WR Miss State 6'4 225lbs. would make a large red zone target.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I see 3 workable strategies; 1) draft the QB of the future at #2, 2) BPA, and 3) trade back and accumulate picks.

For 1) I've been leaning towards Wentz, but Goff is growing on me. I worry about his frame and his arm strength, but his pocket sense is special, and he has succeeded against the PAC-12.

For 2) I'm not well enough acquainted with the options, but I like what I've read about both Ramsey and Jack. Buckner seems solid too.

For 3) I wouldn't want to drop too low in the first, but accumulating high picks in rounds 2 & 3 could go a long way to rebuilding.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
One good thing is that we can afford to have a rookie QB sit for a year or 2, and work on their weaknesses.

If we draft Goff, and need him to bulk up, then we put one of our 75 strength coaches with him, and let him work on his strength and size.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
One good thing is that we can afford to have a rookie QB sit for a year or 2, and work on their weaknesses.

If we draft Goff, and need him to bulk up, then we put one of our 75 strength coaches with him, and let him work on his strength and size.

Goff doesn't turn 22 until October. My guess is that he will be able to put quite a bit of weight on.

ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Goff doesn't turn 22 until October. My guess is that he will be able to put quite a bit of weight on.

[INSERT TOM BRADY COMBINE PICTURE HERE]

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I liked Higbee as a receiving TE, but we can probably cross him off the list now.

western-kentucky-te-tyler-higbee-arrested

Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I would like to see Ramsey at #2

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What do I want?

I want a plan, well thought out and executed. 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and neither will a winning culture and team.

I want patience, both from the owner and the fans, to allow the process to survive the inevitable growing pains. I don't know better than those doing it. I have opinions, but not the knowledge. I am left to trust that they either know what they are doing, or are smart enough to figure it out without too many mistakes. Which brings me to my last and most important want.

I want it all to work. I want the team to stop being the laughing stock of the NFL. I want to be able to enjoy, before my time on earth is done, what it's like to root for a winner. Not just on the occasional Sunday, but on any given Sunday, I want the Cleveland Browns to have a legitimate chance to be the winner. And I want one of those Sundays to be in February.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Very well said... thumbsup

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend

You pretty much nailed it.

At this stage I am resigned to let it happen.

Being a Browns fan we have heard it all and seen it all.

When Holmgren took the reigns I was very optimistic. Thought that at the stage of life that he was at that he would be able to put it together. Man was I wrong.

I like the Hue Jackson hire and believe that he has assembled a good staff. But the roster needs are many.

A winning season would (stinking nine games)seem like heaven.

Going into a season believing you could compete would do wonders for moral.

It could all start with this draft. So what I want right now is a killer draft. Come out of this draft with a core of talent.

No easy task. Only 11% of first round picks actually play their whole rookie season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I want us to take Darius Jackson at RB.

Scouting Report w/ 2015 Highlights and LSU Game

Jackson vs. Toledo Youtube video via draftbreakdown

Scouting Report with play references ( video clips)

I think we need a bigger back who can get the tough yards. EMU was awful and the scheme wasn't a great fit for him, but he still had over a thousand yards and double digit TDs. Offers some pass game versatility-often split out wide, can catch. Plays on special teams.

If he's there in the 7th as the last article has him, I'd snatch him up. I might take him a lot earlier.

Fiercely Independent.
ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I want to feel like we had a terrible draft..

Because I usually think we had a great draft, and it ends up being terrible.. So...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I want to feel like we had a terrible draft..

Because I usually think we had a great draft, and it ends up being terrible.. So...

When I think we've had a good draft, it turns out to be a terrible draft.

When I think that we've had an awful draft .... it turns out to be a terrible draft

I don't know which to hope for. Maybe I'll try just not giving a darn? *Sigh* That'll never work.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Any player at #2 will do, just not a QB.

We are terrible
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Been seeing more and more that Miles Jack's knee is very suspect. So it's either we love the QB we take or move down.

BpG #1102683 04/15/16 07:32 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm scratching Jack off my list if I am a GM. A simple meniscus tear should take 6 weeks recovery. Give another couple of weeks to build his strength up because he is much stronger than the average person.

Jack injured that knee in what September? October? That is around 6 months. I don't like it at all.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Jester
I'm scratching Jack off my list if I am a GM. A simple meniscus tear should take 6 weeks recovery. Give another couple of weeks to build his strength up because he is much stronger than the average person.

Jack injured that knee in what September? October? That is around 6 months. I don't like it at all.

My bet is that teams that want Jack to fall are putting out false information.

If they are not, and his knee is actually still messed up, I don't want to pick him in the top ten.

The Jack/Goff train is losing steam!

Legend
Legend
I think it was just going too hard and too fast.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season 2016 NFL Draft Who do you want?

Link Copied to Clipboard