Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1157781 09/18/16 04:10 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
--I didn't think those Lincoln commercials with Matt M. could get worse, but I really don't understand this latest one.

--Lionel Richie doesn't look like he's aged a day in 25 years.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm still looking for what's taunting.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Easy to blame refs, Dumbass McCown threw into quad coverage at the end.

you had a good run Hank.
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
McCown is a loveable loser.

The reason McCown always takes a beating has nothing to do with the offensive line. He plays with no anticipation. He waits way too long for plays to develop. The result is he takes a ton of hits. I was actually hoping to see Kessler.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Right side of the line was garbage.

McCown was garbage.

That call against Pryor at the end of the game was garbage.

Tackles are tackles.
All Pro
All Pro
J/C. What else is there to say? It is always the same outcome regardless of where the blame is laid. Always with a with a inexplicable thud or a sobering whimper. Same ol' same ole. That is all. As usual I could copy and paste this every week for the entire season and it would be mostly accurate.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Congrats to our guys for outplaying the Ravens.

Too bad the refs took the win. For some reason NFL still deems it more profitable to have the Browns lose. Oh well. Maybe next year.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I thought we should have stuck with more Crow. He was clearly effective and the line was opening up holes. I can see this team really putting up serious points within the next few years with this young crew.

Defensive front did well against the runs. LBs and Safeties need to know how to cover TEs. That middle seam killed us. We really need some upgrades at safety.

Special teams was not so special.

Those referees...wow! What an awesome officiating crew!

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Always inventing new ways too lose

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg
Easy to blame refs, Dumbass McCown threw into quad coverage at the end.

Yes, it is easy to blame the refs cuz they won this game.

Normally I'd say play through it but the bias was waaaay too much to handle this time.

Legend
Legend
Well....

our young as hell defense held the ravens to 80 yards rushing.

Haden had two INT.

really the biggest problem on Defense was we couldn't stop a TE to save our lives. Smith only had 64 yards. Wallace only had 41.

but Pitta went off for 102. Our safeties were getting ate alive by TE's.

and we couldn't seal the deal with sacking Flacco. no sacks. we have to get better pressure.

But there's no question that was a way better performance by our Defense than last week.

on offense:

Crow had 133 yards on 18 attempts. we need to be feeding him over 20 carries.

Coleman had 104 yards and 2 TD's.

not a bad rebound game from our first rounder!!!!

there's a lot of things to be critical about.

but overall, we got some talent on both sides of the ball. better drafting, keeping our coaches in place to develop the talent we have...and we're headed in the right direction.

oh yea, screw those refs.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Did you guys expect a win? After last week we played a ton better.

McCown did a good job IMO. Lots of little mistakes, youth, the Refs and the better team is why we didn't win.

Negative, there were many but the only player who is consistently bad imo is Erving. I hope they get him fixed or bench him. He just looks lost most plays.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Coleman caught the ball today.

Refs seemed against us.

Crow is great when he has big holes to run through, and doesn't have to show patience or vision.

McCown looked way better than RG3 early. The shoulder definitely hurt him later.

O Line needs to get better. Everybody had at least a couple bad plays.

What's the word on Nassib? We missed his energy.

Kindred looked good on most plays. Has room to improve.

Haden looked better this week.

We need to put together a complete game.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The Defense played better BUT they gabe up 25 unanswered points

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Did any of you expect the Browns to look better than they did today?
I certainly did not.
The fact that we're upset with a loss because of the refs is way better than being upset because of the effort (not much, but still).
I'll take that after game 2 with this rookie team any day.

Last edited by BrownMoose; 09/18/16 04:26 PM.
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: DaveyD

In their defense they only gave up 23. tongue

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Woofurious
Originally Posted By: DaveyD

In their defense they only gave up 23. tongue

And it's not the D's fault the points were unanswered.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Again, Haden had a great game.

I remember people wanting him traded because he was faking his injuries. rolleyes

Tackles are tackles.
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
The difference between a veteran team and this team was highlighted last week and this.

When the Browns faced adversity last week, they crumbled.

When the Ravens faced adversity this week, they kept plugging away till they won the game.

We need to learn how to win and impose our will on the opponent. When we were up 20-2, we needed to play hard enough to be up 35-2.

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BrownMoose
Did any of you expect the Browns to look better than they did today?
I certainly did not.
The fact that we're upset with a loss because of the refs is way better than being upset because of the effort.
I'll take that after game 2 with this rookie team any day.

My thoughts exactly.

They are a young team, and they made some young mistakes.

However, they have some speed, which is something this team has lacked in the past. Coleman can fly, and Crow really turned on the jets on his long TD run. I thought that Louis had a nice play in coverage, flying down the field. Higgins had a nice effort on a ball that came back on a penalty, but the effort was there. Schobert had a couple of nice snaps in coverage. Kindred played a nice game, and he seemed to have improved from last week.

This team is very young, though, and there are mistakes at key moments .... but I think that they are going to be better than I thought. (barring what happens with the QBs)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

I remember people wanting him traded and/or claiming he was faking his injuries. rolleyes

Haden played well today. I was one who wondered if he had anything left .. and he showed that he can be effective.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I amended my post to be a bit more specific, but it's not directed at you.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
We're on the brink of three QBs in three weeks.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Liking what I am seeing. We are playing better than I thought we would. Losing RG3 hurt. Still, the kids are flashing. Coleman scores two TD's has a really good game. The run defense is pretty decent so far. Yes we have a lot of holes and we are really really young, but as long as a good amount of the young guys learn and become players for us that's fine! We ran the ball a llittle better this week but we still didn't get the ball to Crowell enough. He needs 20-25 carries every week.

This was game two season one. A LONG way to go. It's a start......

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

I remember people wanting him traded and/or claiming he was faking his injuries. rolleyes

The only problem I had with Haden's game today was his TD allow on Wallace. Its not that he allowed the TD. He just looked clueless on the play. Terrible footwork. Didn't know if he was playing outside leverage or inside leverage. He also seems reluctant to jam at the line anymore as well. I expect a lot from Haden. The Wallace TD was a bush league play for a guy of his caliber.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't think Haden had a great game. He had two picks and a good play on run support, but he got picked on multiple times.

I would say he had an up-and-down day.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think the O looked better w/Josh than RGIII.

I do agree that the run defense is playing better than I expected....by a long shot.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
cam erving left the stadium in a stretcher. head immobalised. hope he`s ok.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I have yet to read all the replies so, am sure it has already been mentioned. BUT...I can't believe the weak calls that affected the potential outcome. The personal foul call against Corey and the taunting on Pryor at the end were bad, bad, bad calls. We can complain to the league all we want but, it still doesn't make up for the fact that the last call, in particular, potentially cost us the game.

Disgusted.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There was a Ref right there.. Pryor tosses the ball to the Ref, no call.. Idiot Pryor bounces the ball off the defender then we have a penalty that kills the game for us.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's not what lost the game for us, but it WAS a crap call, agreed.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
V
Legend
Legend
V
The call against Pryor was terrible. Coleman earned his call. He was wrong and Hue let him know it.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Shocking really. This loss doesn;t really upset me. We played them hard, and it was GREAT seeing Coleman start to warm up.

Even the defense. I watched Shelton a lot since everyone said he had a good game against Philly. Maybe I need to tone it down on him, he played good. With Nassib out, I watched a lot of him. Ogbah played good too.

Josh took a hammering. Ouch. I'm sore from watching him get hit. He'll hate tomorrow morning.

TP needs to clean up the dumb penalties.

Joe Haden played great. THIS is the Haden I like to watch.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Oh, and Crow seem to run harder. He also had some lanes there to get him started.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We managed to Browns it again, blowing a potential win with stupidity. The taunting call was a no brainier, don't toss the ball at the opponent. Prior doesn't do that, it's maybe a win. Typical Browns. flamingmad rolleyes boo willynilly

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DawgMichelle

Agreed that doesn't lose us the game but, it definitely changed it. We could have been inside the 10. We may not have scored. They may have held us. We may have fumbled. We may have been picked off. But, it was a huge play that ultimately came back. From what I saw he swizzles it out of his hand and the defender getting up hit it. I don't see Pryor meaning to do it. He doesn't look at him nor does he say anything.

Terrible call.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
The call against Pryor was terrible. Coleman earned his call. He was wrong and Hue let him know it.

I saw the defender slap Coleman's helmet and then push Coleman. Not sure how that earns the call.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Just got home from the game, I haven't read through yet...just my thoughts.

That was the best quarter of football I've seen the Browns play in a long time. I just wish they could have continued. Kirksey, Shelton, and Coleman showed up!!

I think Jimmy needs to think about paying the refs more than the Ravens did, cause that was some awfully 1-sided calling. Nassib was tackled right in front of the back judge with no call. McCown laid down and the Ravens piled on hard with no call. Hue's challenge should have been reversed. And how was that a taunt on Pryor?!!

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: DawgMichelle

Agreed that doesn't lose us the game but, it definitely changed it. We could have been inside the 10. We may not have scored. They may have held us. We may have fumbled. We may have been picked off. But, it was a huge play that ultimately came back. From what I saw he swizzles it out of his hand and the defender getting up hit it. I don't see Pryor meaning to do it. He doesn't look at him nor does he say anything.

Terrible call.

Yes, agreed.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I don't think Haden had a great game. He had two picks and a good play on run support, but he got picked on multiple times.

I would say he had an up-and-down day.

He still plays smart, but he's a step slow. If he gets his speed back, he'll be awesome.

I'm not high on Crowell like everyone else this week. Take away the 85 yard run and he had 17 carries for 48 yards.

We can't cover a TE to save our lives, but it is because our LB's are over playing the run and not because of our safeties.

Josh McCown looked golden pre-injury and like crap post injury. Hard to blame him much for trying to tough it out.

Defense did great against the run, but Baltimore couldn't run last week either.

Our non-Hayden corners still suck.

For the second week, I am excited about our WR's and hopefully by the time Gordon comes back, we'll have someone left to throw to them.

The rookies and the second year guys have grown a lot. Shelton and Erving have impressed me with how much better they have played physically. Erving needs to put it together mentally, but has done well for the most part.

We are going the right direction in my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Ravens 25 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard