Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Well, now you're talking about two different things. Favoritism and discipline. I agree with you about the discipline. I wanted Hue to pull Coleman from the game as soon as it happened. Especially after he had an attitude with Hue as he walked off the field. If it were me, he would not have finished the game today. I can't think of a stronger message that could have sent to the team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Can't find the Coleman/Jimmy Smith dustup anywhere, but here's an article on the taunting flag. Shows what I saw.

Link

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
One of those games the Browns rip the heart out of your chest - because despite preparing yourself for the Browns to be truly woeful .... they come out and have a barnstormer 1st Q and it's the Ravens. So you know - [1] I really want them to beat a division rival [2] you figure there is so much time left in the game you sort of know it'll go to the wire and we stand a good chance of losing even though we are (mentally) 21-0 up... then the returned point after for 2 points just confirms it.

Defense looked great at times - flowing to the ball and getting penetration. Looked soft at times.

Early the offense looked like how I expected them to look last week before an anemic effort vs the Eagles. Was really excited to see what Coleman did ... he looks like a real threat - and the play to get out of bounds at the end was very savvy, and showed that he is strong. The long bomb showed good adjustment and good hands, the CB was well positioned and had arms and hands placed to make it hard for Coleman to hang on.

Sure missed Nassib - I'd like an update. Also on Erving - Have yet to see what the latest is.

On the penalties - Coleman made a bed rookie mistake and he certainly initiated it - and he looks like he was told that in no uncertain terms. I believe he'll learn his lesson. It would be draconian and self defeating to want to punish the guy if he shows true regret and contrition to the coach and team mates. . . . . The CB took a swing right back and connected. He should also have been given a penalty. But thems the breaks.

On the Pryor thing - I have only watched it live and the initial replay. Just like the announcers I think the refs totally blew the call. It wasn't taunting. Pryor looked to me to be in a hurry to flip the ball to the ref or just drop it. . . complete over reaction from the refs. . . if only they had been so zealous when 2 ravens defenders launched themselves at McCown after he game himself up - the second guy ( I think it was Moseley) clearly pulls up and then when he sees his team mate lauching, he too dives like a pile driver into McCown. Simple and dirty play that wasn't called.

I think one of the reasons that we struggled after 1st Q - McCown was clearly in a LOT of pain. Got to love his toughness.... anyone remember the pathetic effort from Jason Campbell when he was supposed to be the veteran on the team?

Still pissed we lost - but hard to be down on this young team showing so much improvement from week 1 to week 2.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I get that posters wanna blame the refs for the loss, but why was Hue so mad at him?

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. I'm blaming the refs for the terrible calls. The Browns lost the game due to not being able to score after the 1st quarter. That stupid taunting call, the questionable catch by perriman, the PI call on Haden, and the complete lack of holding or facemask calls were calls that these refs should have to answer for.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Did Nassib play?

I didn't hear his name even once (and I was listening).

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Did Nassib play?

He did but got injured.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Did Nassib play?

He was injured at some point, but I saw him out there

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Now let's talk about Cleveland.

During the fourth quarter of the Browns-Ravens game, Terrelle Pryor was flagged for what might go down as the most ridiculous penalty in NFL history.

After making a catch at the 10-yard line with just 21 seconds left, Pryor ran out of bounds to stop the clock because the Browns, who were trailing 25-20, didn't have any timeouts left. After getting out of bounds, Pryor tossed the ball back to the ref. The only problem for Pryor is that Baltimore's Lardarius Webb was in the way of the toss and the ball hit him, which led to a TAUNTING PENALTY.

The Browns get hosed on a ridiculous taunting penalty against Terrelle Pryor https://t.co/ow39aU4CEVpic.twitter.com/tWgVd8C4bk
— Pedro Espinoza (@pjet1976) September 18, 2016

The Ravens had actually been called for a penalty on the play, so Pryor's penalty offset the Ravens penalty and the Browns had to replay the down. If Pryor hadn't been flagged, the Browns would've been 10-yards away from a potential game-winning touchdown with first-and-goal from the 10. Instead, they had first-and-10 at the Ravens' 30.

In the image below, you can see Pryor tossing the ball to the ref, the toss fell about 8-inches short and hit Webb, who you can barely see in the picture (his head is near Pryor's waist).
terrelle-pryor-browns-09-18-16.png
Should Terrelle Pryor have been flagged for taunting? CBS/NFL

The refs' decision to throw a flag here cost the Browns any realistic shot at a win.

Refs grade: F

Unless the ref is 100 percent of Pryor's intent here, it's absolutely ridiculous to throw a flag in this situation. Life is already miserable enough for Browns' fans, no need to pile on here, refs.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-we...in-browns-game/

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The ref is there with outstretched arms.

Absolutely horrendous call which warranted discussion by the two zebras involved.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Just got home from the game. I have to say, that Pryor penalty steamed me more than any before....EVER! It happened in front of me and, for the life of me, I cannot figure out what he did. It was an innocent toss of the ball after a successful play at the 10 yard line. Our only thought was that he had said something construed as a taunt.

What a petty, pathetic, disgraceful and incompetent penalty with big time impact on this game.

The late hit on McCown no call was absolutely pathetic!!! Brady would have never experienced that with a non call. Count on it.

Coming back from 20 down, kudos to the Birds.

Our coach was outcoached in the second half and our offensive line leaked like a seive.

McCown played his heart out. Fingers crossed for outcome of his injury.

Defense stepped it up and the run D was much improved.

Nassib went to the locker room and returned with his left arm all blocked up.

Jim Brown statue is awesome. Would post pics from my phone if I knew how.

Lots of down today but I see a ray of sunshine among those clouds that have hovered over First Energy for so long.

Better times are on the horizon dawgs!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Somebody I need to rant about. Tabor is a cockroach who shouldn't be coaching the special Olympics let alone special teams.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Somebody I need to rant about. Tabor is a cockroach who shouldn't be coaching the special Olympics let alone special teams.

yes. st's killed us today

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I have been trying to find a video of it. I think you guys missed the first part of it.

And.............why would I defend Pryor but blame Coleman? I'm simply trying to be fair rather than being one-sided.

Thanks for talking about this. I didn't see the game and had no idea what happened.

Legend
Legend
It appears they are away from the ball, and Coleman is just going through the motions of "blocking" when Smith LEADS WITH HIS HEAD into Coleman..

They alays catch the second guy..

Should of been offsetting because even after Smith started it, and Coleman reacted, he then re-reacted..

Childish crap from boh sides.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Same old Browns. Nothing new to see today. I wouldn't feel safe with a 50 point lead.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I can't wait for the day where once we get a 20 point lead that means game over. Edit, in a good way meaning we win. tongue

Last edited by tastybrownies; 09/18/16 10:08 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
losing cultures find ways to lose. Plain and simple.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
We have good young players, but there is going to be some head banging against the wall plays. Erving isn't good, but I hope he feels alright. The Special Teams is garbage! The kicker makes his kicks and we don't have to worry about garbage calls from the officials. The ST also can't stop returners and we don't have anyone to return punts or kicks. Special teams aren't so special thumbsdown

We are terrible
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I would imagine finding a kick\punt returner is not that hard, maybe they just forgot?! Can't we just get Ted Ginn Jr?

Ugh, now I realize how I took for granted the solid special teams we had for like 5+ years with Dawson and Cribbs at the helm. That crap where our field goal or extra point tries get blocked, that stuff has to stop immediately, its just disgusting. If it doesn't we need to say goodbye to Tabor.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 09/18/16 10:15 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R

I have a daughter with Down Syndrome. I despise any rhetoric or joke that involves people with special needs. I don't even care if you meant any harm by it or it was just poor judgment. My only wish is you would have said that in my vicinity.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I back you up.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How did Erving Bruise his lung?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
PC Principal agrees with you. Good grief. willynilly

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
How did Erving Bruise his lung?

Whiffed on a block and landed on his chest.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Call on Pryor was BS, might have cost us the game.
Coleman showed up, good to see. Mccown has a slower release than you want in a QB.
The run defence wasn't bad today, but we still have issues in coverage and need a more consistent pass rush.
Nice to see improvement over Week 1, let's keep getting better, which is all we can realistically hope for.
If I'm Chris tabor I'm dusting off my resume right now, because I'm close to getting fired.
We can't keep getting our qbs hurt. Any why was there no flag on that play when josh gave himself up? The officials played too big of a role in the outcome.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
Thinking about the special teams yesterday infuriates me. We give up a BLOCKED XP when we're up 20-0 ... and they return it for a TD (Yes, the same exact team that BEAT us that way last season)

And we let Hester (who I was stunned is even playing) hurt us

V
Legend
Legend
V
Unlike others, I don't really see Tabor as the problem. I have noticed that we parted ways w/a lot of our best special team's players. Some of the guys who are taking their place are not nearly as good on special teams. Why Louis is on the coverage unit baffles me. He doesn't like contact. Heck, I can't fathom why he is on the roster, other than he was drafted by this regime.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I have been trying to find a video of it. I think you guys missed the first part of it.

And.............why would I defend Pryor but blame Coleman? I'm simply trying to be fair rather than being one-sided.

Thanks for talking about this. I didn't see the game and had no idea what happened.

They should have let that run 30 seconds longer. The db got in 2 more shots after that.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Just clicking

I thought I saw great improvement overall.

Corey Coleman,, what a man. He's young and made a bone headed move but that comes with age.

Pryor was clutch but that taunting penalty was a joke. There is no way to actually know this for sure, but that might have changed the game to the point where we could have won. we were at the 10, with the penalty on the Ravens, maybe the 5 with 21 seconds to go... I think it's a safe bet we'd have scored and thus won. Maybe.

Crowell did a nice job yesterday

Johnson fights for every inch he gets..

Hawkins have a decent day.

Haden was the Haden of old yesterday.. Two picks...

McGown leads. Tough break on the injury.

Thought for a second there that we were going to see Kessler. Might see him next week..

Yes, there were negatives.. I'll leave it to someone else to talk about them.

What I see is a young team that hopefully will mature. We'll see. But I did see improvement in a few areas from week one.

Last edited by Damanshot; 09/19/16 07:56 AM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Negatives .. Tramon Willams ..

D
Legend
Legend
D
I woke up today and, no idea why either, but I thought firstly about the play when McCown was hurt and they ran that designed Qb run on 3rd and 2 I believe. What a stupid call. You got an old man Qb that already went into the locker room dealing with some issues, and you call that?

Hue Jackson, no idea on that one...

O
Legend
Legend
O
The Browns get hosed on a ridiculous taunting penalty against Terrelle Pryor

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-br...terrelle-pryor/

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/19/16 08:25 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

BAL-CLE GRADES: JOSH MCCOWN, JOE HADEN STAND OUT IN LOSS TO RAVENS

Quarterback grade: Josh McCown 80.0

McCown earns highest offensive grade for Browns

The adjectives used to describe Josh McCown’s performance this week will include words like “gutsy” and “tough,” and that’s fair given the fact that he was sacked or knocked down 10 times on 36 dropbacks. He made some big plays while feeling a lot of pressure, producing an NFL quarterback rating of 109.5 on the 12 dropbacks where he was under pressure. It wasn’t a perfect performance by any means, but he made more than his share of big-time throws and gave the Browns a chance in this one.

Top offensive grades

FB Malcolm Johnson, 79.7

RB Isaiah Crowell, 79.2

WR Corey Coleman, 78.6

LT Joe Thomas, 78.5

RT Austin Pasztor, 75.3

Rookie WR Corey Coleman shows off first-round talent

During the pre-draft process, some people questioned if wide receiver Corey Coleman was big enough to be a star receiver in the NFL. On Sunday against the Ravens, he showed that he has all the talent to be a top wideout, flashing some of the skills that saw him become a star at Baylor. As well as the headline-grabbing two touchdown receptions, Coleman forced three missed tackles on five catches, and was a complete nightmare for Baltimore defenders in space, averaging 3.15 yards per route run.

Top defensive grades

CB Joe Haden, 87.5

OLB Nate Orchard, 79.1

DE Tyrone Holmes, 76.4

LB Demario Davis, 75.3

LB Chris Kirksey, 75.0

Joe Haden makes Flacco pay

There was a time when people debated whether or not Joe Haden was among the best cornerbacks in the NFL. Consistency has prevented that from being the case, but he definitely played like a top defender on Sunday. He allowed a touchdown, which somewhat soured his stat line, but ended the day having allowed just four receptions for 57 yards on the nine passes thrown into his coverage. More impressive was the fact that he picked off two passes and broke up another one, helping him to the highest grade of any player in the game.

PFF Game-Ball Winner: Joe Haden, Cornerback, 87.5

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bal-cle-grades/

Sorta shocked to see Pasztor on the list. I thought the right side was bad in pass pro.

Tackles are tackles.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

I have a daughter with Down Syndrome. I despise any rhetoric or joke that involves people with special needs. I don't even care if you meant any harm by it or it was just poor judgment. My only wish is you would have said that in my vicinity.

Thanks for posting this Rishuz. I completely despise comments like that too.

How old is your daughter? I have 2 children with Special Needs (autism) and they both participate in Special Olympics. I am also a volunteer roller skating coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I have noticed every time Pryor made a catch he would be dismissive with the ball afterwards... I thought the actual penalty was going too far, but it didn't surprise me that this eventually happened. I think the refs want the ball tossed or given to them after the plays, not thrown on the ground for them to pick up. IMHO

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I have noticed every time Pryor made a catch he would be dismissive with the ball afterwards... I thought the actual penalty was going too far, but it didn't surprise me that this eventually happened. I think the refs want the ball tossed or given to them after the plays, not thrown on the ground for them to pick up. IMHO

If that's the case, they need to state it. I paid attention to last night's game, players were tossing the ball all the time after catches. I still wonder if he said something considered taunting. Them "posing" commentary is absurd. It happens all the time in the end zone. That penalty was off the ropes ridiculous!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
according to those grades, not the best day for Joe Thomas. He's usually above that number

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
j/c

Can't find the Coleman/Jimmy Smith dustup anywhere, but here's an article on the taunting flag. Shows what I saw.

Link

The official is the Head Linesman, #106..has been officating a long time according to a story I found, where he is teaching an officiating class..interesting...

link

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The refs should know there is a reason why Pryor is not a QB in the NFL.

He can't even accurately throw the ball back to the ref without it slipping out of his hands.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Ravens 25 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard