Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
D
Legend
Legend
D
More fuel for the fire, go media!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Damn media. How dare they report on this...

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

I have no issue reporting on this, but when police killings is all they report on... that's when an issue arises. There are a slew of "positive" police stories, so and so saved so and so from whatever, police officer saves choking child... I mean the topics are endless it seems. But we only hear when so and so shot so and so and because such and such.

It sways the opinion/perception of the masses because, and I'll use my favorite quote:

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion... without the discomfort of thought.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 09/20/16 01:29 PM.
Legend
Legend
The lady police officer shot him, I'm not sure why unless she thought he was reaching for something inside that vehicle. The guy had stopped the vehicle in the middle of the road and took off running according to witnesses, he even went up to one of them saying he thought the vehicle was going to blow. Two citizens called 911 and police responded to find this guy, he put up his hands but kept walking away, not responding to their order to stop.

You can hear the helicopter pilot refer to the officer as Betty Jo, because it's his wife. At least you can in the unedited version of the clip.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/tuls...-fatal-shooting

On the surface and without a lot of the facts, just what you see does not look good for the officer. Why if they tazed him did they feel the need to shoot him? It appears to happen at the same time? She's a 9 year vet of the force and was with the Sheriff's department before that.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

I have no issue reporting on this, but when police killings is all they report on... that's when an issue arises. There are a slew of "positive" police stories, so and so saved so and so from whatever, police officer saves choking child... I mean the topics are endless it seems. But we only hear when so and so shot so and so and because such and such.

The media reports on a lot of things, that's why you know the stories you just mentioned. It was reported that it was an armed, off-duty cop who shot the stabbing terrorist in Minnesota. Last night on the news it was reported locally that cops found and returned a lost toddler who had wandered away from home at night...

Those things get reported, they just don't last because those aren't the things people are going to keep talking about. Things stay in the news because they are controversial, not so people can say, "Hey, good job." over and over again.

yebat' Putin
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
[quote=Tulsa]The lady police officer shot him, I'm not sure why unless she thought he was reaching for something inside that vehicle. The guy had stopped the vehicle in the middle of the road and took off running according to witnesses, he even went up to one of them saying he thought the vehicle was going to blow. Two citizens called 911 and police responded to find this guy, he put up his hands but kept walking away, not responding to their order to stop.

You can hear the helicopter pilot refer to the officer as Betty Jo, because it's his wife. At least you can in the unedited version of the clip.

On the surface and without a lot of the facts, just what you see does not look good for the officer. Why if they tazed him did they feel the need to shoot him? It appears to happen at the same time? She's a 9 year vet of the force and was with the Sheriff's department before that. [/quote

From NY Daily News
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tulsa-fatally-shot-terence-crutcher-pcp-article-1.2799465.

My input-I saw the video and during that 1 minute I saw nothing that would justify using deadly force-a small portion is not seen around when they taser the subject because of the orientation of the video from the helicopter

The Tulsa police officer who fatally shot Terence Crutcher after his car broke down in the middle of the street thought the unarmed man was behaving erratically and that he may have been under the influence of PCP, the cop’s attorney said.

Officer Betty Shelby, who is seen on police video firing a single fatal shot at close range at Crutcher, had recently undergone drug-recognition training and believed Crutcher was high on the dissociative sedative, attorney Scott Wood told the Tulsa World.

Video of the moments leading up to the shooting, however, shows Crutcher, 40, complying with officers' orders and walking slowly towards his SUV with his hands high in the air.

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

its the way they report it .. I heard about this today by watching First Take where they said .. White cop shoots unarmed black man while his arms were in the air , our sympathy and prayers go out to the family.. First after watching the video which I admit doesn't look well for the police, shows a man with arms raised walking toward his SUV (doesn't seem to be what the police want him to do) then he appears to lowers his arms and reach in Vehicle at which time he's tased and shot at the same time .. To make that makes me wonder what he was doing to be shot simultaneously. Again.. When I'm pulled over it's sir or ma'am and whatever I'm asked .. I will not be walking to my vehicle and my hands will not be reaching in it. Period

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
its the way they report it .. I heard about this today by watching First Take where they said .. White cop shoots unarmed black man while his arms were in the air , our sympathy and prayers go out to the family.. First after watching the video which I admit doesn't look well for the police, shows a man with arms raised walking toward his SUV (doesn't seem to be what the police want him to do) then he appears to lowers his arms and reach in Vehicle at which time he's tased and shot at the same time .. To make that makes me wonder what he was doing to be shot simultaneously. Again.. When I'm pulled over it's sir or ma'am and whatever I'm asked .. I will not be walking to my vehicle and my hands will not be reaching in it. Period

Yeah, it's really the way they twist the truth to get their agenda out there. I know it's meant to get a rise out of people and sell papers/tv space/whatever, but there should at least be some responsibility involved.

I saw a video on Youtube yesterday of an African-American Starbucks manager handing out some free coffee and pastries to a group of cops that were securing an area where a bomb had gone off in New York City. I was half expecting to see a headline later in the day: "Cops take Coffee and Donuts from Black Man and Leave Without Paying" tongue

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
[quote=Tulsa]The lady police officer shot him, I'm not sure why unless she thought he was reaching for something inside that vehicle. The guy had stopped the vehicle in the middle of the road and took off running according to witnesses, he even went up to one of them saying he thought the vehicle was going to blow. Two citizens called 911 and police responded to find this guy, he put up his hands but kept walking away, not responding to their order to stop.

On the surface and without a lot of the facts, just what you see does not look good for the officer. Why if they tazed him did they feel the need to shoot him? It appears to happen at the same time? She's a 9 year vet of the force and was with the Sheriff's department before that. [/quote

From NY Daily News
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tulsa-fatally-shot-terence-crutcher-pcp-article-1.2799465.

My input-I saw the video and during that 1 minute I saw nothing that would justify using deadly force-a small portion is not seen around when they taser the subject because of the orientation of the video from the helicopter

The Tulsa police officer who fatally shot Terence Crutcher after his car broke down in the middle of the street thought the unarmed man was behaving erratically and that he may have been under the influence of PCP, the cop’s attorney said.

Officer Betty Shelby, who is seen on police video firing a single fatal shot at close range at Crutcher, had recently undergone drug-recognition training and believed Crutcher was high on the dissociative sedative, attorney Scott Wood told the Tulsa World.

Video of the moments leading up to the shooting, however, shows Crutcher, 40, complying with officers' orders and walking slowly towards his SUV with his hands high in the air.
I find it hard to believe they would walk the guy to his vehicle if they were concerned about him.. If I'm a cop I would never walk a guy to his vehicle where he might be able to get a gun.. It might also be noted I read this man pleaded no contest few years back to a carrying a concealed weapon and resisting arrest.. You think they may have known this beforehand?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

From NY Daily News

I find it hard to believe they would walk the guy to his vehicle if they were concerned about him.. If I'm a cop I would never walk a guy to his vehicle where he might be able to get a gun.. It might also be noted I read this man pleaded no contest few years back to a carrying a concealed weapon and resisting arrest.. You think they may have known this beforehand?
So the hell what?? Quit trying to justify murder.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
So now you have decided this is Murder.. The video doesn't answer that conclusively.. There are some here in Columbus saying last week's shooting of the 13 year old was unjustified and that's rediculous

P
Legend
Legend
P
Under the same circumstances, anyone other than a cop would have been charged with murder by now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Under the same circumstances, anyone other than a cop would have been charged with murder by now.
. That's the most ignorant comment ever.. Cops can sometimes justifiably shoot someone.. An average citizen can also but all police carry and sometimes use their guns... Also has been brought up other places.. White people get killed also and at a higher percentage but you rarely here about it

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
don't get me wrong .. It does make you wonder why they shot him but he wasn't obeying their commands so we don't know the full story

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
We need audio to go along with the video before we jump the gun and make up our minds. If the cops told him to go to his car then they are dead wrong. If they told him to stand still and he ignored them then he got what he asked for. The problem is that right now we don't have all the facts.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Facts? FACTS??? We don't need no stinking Facts to judge!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[/URL]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Facts? FACTS??? We don't need no stinking Facts to judge!

Sorry I am just stupid that way laugh

Legend
Legend
Stupid like a Fox. wink

Legend
Legend
Just so we're clear, this guy has his hands up, still get shot.

over a stalled SUV?

que the "don't resist" crowd.

doesn't seem like he resisted much, meanwhile, a guy goes and stabs two people, eats their faces, and RESIST the cops...

doesn't get shot.

just to remind the board....the 911 call was because witnesses said the guy thought the car was gonna explode.

not that he was being violent.

not that he threatened to shoot anybody.

none of that.

but ok.

unarmed blacks get shot. armed whites shoot people in a church, gets taken to burger king.

nothing to see here folks, move along.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
We need audio to go along with the video before we jump the gun and make up our minds. If the cops told him to go to his car then they are dead wrong. If they told him to stand still and he ignored them then he got what he asked for. The problem is that right now we don't have all the facts.
actually the audio does sound like he wasn't complying.. Like they were asking him to stand still... That's why when the other poster said I was trying yo justify murder I was like notallthere we don't know all the facts

Legend
Legend
Quote:
doesn't seem like he resisted much, meanwhile, a guy goes and stabs two people, eats their faces, and RESIST the cops...

He resisted to the point where tazers didn't even work.

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Swish

over a stalled SUV?

doesn't get shot.

just to remind the board....the 911 call was because witnesses said the guy thought the car was gonna explode.

none of that.

but ok.

unarmed blacks get shot. armed whites shoot people in a church, gets taken to burger king.

do you have time to read.. Wanna count the amount of black to white in these stats?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/
Safe to assume where race not mentioned, they weren't black

Last edited by Moxdawg; 09/20/16 06:30 PM.

Legend
Legend
I wanna hear the stats.

Legend
Legend
Wow Mox, its like 2 to 1

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Wow Mox, its like 2 to 1
which way ? I didn't count.. I just seen white, white, white, black , Hispanic , black , white , Hispanic

Legend
Legend

over a stalled SUV?

doesn't get shot.

none of that.

but ok.

Here is where we disagree bro. I love ya, I really do but if this guy was ignoring the things the police were telling him and he got shot IT"S HIS OWN DAMN FAULT. I don't give a crap what color he is. If he is to damn stupid to behave himself he deserves what he got. No if, and or butts about it. If the cops are telling you to do something and if your to dam stupid to listen then one only needs to look in the mirror to see where they screwed up. If he followed the cops orders and they shot him any way then it's a whole other story. That's why I want to hear audio.

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

over a stalled SUV?

doesn't get shot.

none of that.

but ok.

Here is where we disagree bro. I love ya, I really do but if this guy was ignoring the things the police were telling him and he got shot IT"S HIS OWN DAMN FAULT. I don't give a crap what color he is. If he is to damn stupid to behave himself he deserves what he got. No if, and or butts about it. If the cops are telling you to do something and if your to dam stupid to listen then one only needs to look in the mirror to see where they screwed up. If he followed the cops orders and they shot him any way then it's a whole other story. That's why I want to hear audio.

+1

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With the bomb situations going on elsewhere in the country, could the police have thought there was a bomb in the car?

There was mention of a possible explosion. Did that make it onto the 911 call? And how was it relayed to the officers on scene?

If they thought he was going to set off a bomb in the vehicle, and they told him not to approach, I can see shooting him.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
so no following = death sentence?

so how come the guy eating faces didn't get the death sentence?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
With the bomb situations going on elsewhere in the country, could the police have thought there was a bomb in the car?

There was mention of a possible explosion. Did that make it onto the 911 call? And how was it relayed to the officers on scene?

If they thought he was going to set off a bomb in the vehicle, and they told him not to approach, I can see shooting him.

Quit trying to justify murder
*sarcasm*

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
so no following = death sentence?

so how come the guy eating faces didn't get the death sentence?
so how come the whites to die by cop got the death sentence... You know the overwhelming majority white guy

Legend
Legend
also, mox

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-police-shootings-race-20160711-story.html

2.5 times more likely to get shot than white.

again, you guys have more raw kills because you're the majority.

again i've said this, if you took all the black people and moved them to china, chinese people will be shot more because they ARE the majority.

per capita rates is the standard.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
also, man, you guys are really trying you're hardest to not call a spade a spade.

i get it though.

but this is why Colin and others protest.

i've said my peace. as a matter of fact, i've said the same crap over and over. at the end of the day, you guys will believe whatever the hell you want to believe.

have at it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
also, mox

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-police-shootings-race-20160711-story.html

2.5 times more likely to get shot than white.

again, you guys have more raw kills because you're the majority.

again i've said this, if you took all the black people and moved them to china, chinese people will be shot more because they ARE the majority.

per capita rates is the standard.

Taken from what I posted earlier

According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to Mac Donald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But as Mac Donald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

"Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force," writes MacDonald.

MacDonald also pointed out in her Hillsdale speech that blacks "commit 75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime" in New York City, even though they consist of 23 percent of the city's population.

"The black violent crime rate would actually predict that more than 26 percent of police victims would be black," MacDonald said. "Officer use of force will occur where the police interact most often with violent criminals, armed suspects, and those resisting arrest, and that is in black neighborhoods."

Last edited by Moxdawg; 09/20/16 07:44 PM.

Legend
Legend
That is very informative Mox. Eye opening I might say.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Except that's not the case at all, as many of us have already pointed out.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Oklahoma cop shoots unarmed black man

Link Copied to Clipboard