Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Apparently there were about 800 protesters/rioters at its peak. Police gave the order to disperse to everyone, including media, a while back and most have complied. Only the most hardcore rioters remain.

That's one look that came while the reporter was walking away. There were many such looted businesses.

Legend
Legend
I am moved by the desperation and hopelessness of the Black people in the interviews.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
NBC reporter:

Mark Boyle ‏@WCNCmboyle 18m18 minutes ago
I have moved about 4 blocks away from the scene. Protesters throwing things at our SUV. Not safe to be out here right now

Estimates of remaining protesters vary between 80-200

Last edited by Haus; 09/21/16 10:27 PM.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I am moved by the desperation and hopelessness of the Black people in the interviews.

Some have represented the cause very well.

Others, not so much

Legend
Legend
I've said this before and honestly believe it. A domestic terrorist group will form out of this. It's going to get extremely ugly. I guarantee someone tries to blow up a police station.

Praying for everyone in Charlotte.

Legend
Legend
Another fire has been started

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Several very loud booms a few minutes ago. The anchor said they were flashbangs but I'm pretty sure they were fireworks. The one that was shown on camera certainly looked like it had the 'glittery' effect of a firework. Hard to say about the other ones.

Last edited by Haus; 09/21/16 10:42 PM.
Legend
Legend
Going forward, the department of justice and law enforcement need to agree on the topic of releasing videos. You can't have one agency release a video and another department not. This needs to get solved NOW.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Another fire has been started

Apparently some of them tried to throw a photographer into one of these fires. Not sure what station WCCB is but they have the twitter check mark, so at least Twitter thinks they're legit. https://twitter.com/WCCBCharlotte/status/778788105469960192

Also the guy who got shot earlier is now being reported as alive but on life support, critical condition

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Going forward, the department of justice and law enforcement need to agree on the topic of releasing videos. You can't have one agency release a video and another department not. This needs to get solved NOW.

Yeah it's a good point. They have interviewed some of these protesters/rioters and there is some confusion about whether the guy that was shot the other day in Charlotte was holding a book or holding a gun. Police say it was a gun and they have video of him walking toward police with it.

I don't have any opinion on that, but this is crazy. And it needs to stop. Best wishes to everyone out there, hopefully there is no more senseless violence and destruction.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Madness.

WCCB, Charlotte's CW ‏@WCCBCharlotte 7m7 minutes ago
TV crew from local media station taken to hospital after being attacked in #CharlotteProtest. #WCCB's thoughts are with you @wcnc. #news

Legend
Legend
Didn't realize this, but I guarantee he will be on Fox News, but Sheriff David Clarke got paid $150,000 in speaking fees last year.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Now we have a silly little zem zem parade of bikes and four wheelers. This is absolutley ridiculous behavior.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I appreciate the approach this guy took. He just wants answers and he's not doing it violently.

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/778787267171196928

If you disagree with BLM or not, the DOJ needs to start doing its job and adding transparency.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
One of the protesters is live streaming and showing some of the rioters smashing windows and taking shots at passing cars, full facial shots and all. You can't make this .... up.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Never really understood people that break up their own neighborhood like that. It show stupidity and means you don't know how to channel your frustrations in a more constructive way in my opinion. Just because you loot and riot doesn't mean that's going to change anything.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
I just pray that no one else is hurt in this situation.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Officers repeatedly told Scott to drop his handgun, the chief said, but he didn't. Officer Brentley Vinson, who is black, then shot him.

Another shooting that should have been avoided by following what the police tell you to do.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/us/charlotte-police-shooting/

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Photog on CNN: “I’ve covered Ferguson, I’ve covered Baltimore, I’ve covered Milwaukee. This is by far the worst property damage I’ve seen.”

— Bill Voth (@billvoth) September 22, 2016

Dude with a gun-

https://mobile.twitter.com/wxbrad/status/778787209507921920

Legend
Legend
This is where I think BLM has a legit beef, but its with the DOJ or Department of Public Safety. They need to come out an answer questions. Stop making police chiefs and sheriffs be the fall guys every time something bad happens. Leadership in charge needs to nut up, hold a press conference and answer tough questions regarding policy and procedures.

You have a LOT of angry people who are not having their questions answered. This is going to get worse.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
j/c

You guys give waaaay too much credit to the effectiveness of a taser. There's more that can go wrong with using one that will render it ineffective than it being successful: first both probes have to hit AND take hold. Second, they won't penetrate thick clothing, and if the subject is drunk or high, the likelihood of it working begins to significantly decrease.

I think you guys are also seriously underestimating just what a person high on PCP is capable of doing. I've never directly dealt with one, but several others in my department have. One night this guy runs butt naked through a plate glass window of a hotel. BTW, it was on the second floor and he landed feet first, shattering both ankles and he was still running around causing havoc.

People on PCP are known to be erratic and violent and to possess super human strength. Although it doesn't appear the subject got to the violent part yet, he was certainly acting erratic. Also, recognize that this wasn't a controlled environment. It's the middle of a highway, a very public place. The officer suspected him of being on PCP (and it appears he might actually have been). This is one of those situations that can literally go from bad to worse in a fraction of a second. Maybe he decides to run in to the on coming lanes, or maybe he runs off the street and starts going after people nearby, both totally possible and likely.So there is a potential safety issue for the public at large from this individual. Having a gun drawn at this point isn't inappropriate.

As to why he was shot and tasered at the same time. A lot research in to police involved shootings has been done in order to improve training and practices. In some instances they saw officers fire their weapons and then holster them... in the middle of a shoot out. You'd have some who just stood in the open, feet spread apart, both arms extended... instead of taking cover 2 feet away. Both of these types of actions are actions you take when qualifying at the range. It's static, it's repetitive, and it's geared more precision shooting. When in stressful situations a person reverts to their training... in these cases target shooting. This is how cops were being conditioned as a result of unforeseen consequences of that kind of training. Part of that conditioning is pulling your trigger when you hear another shot go off.

Tasers make a loud pop too. My guess at this point is that in this situation when she heard the pop of the taser her "training" kicked in and she pulled her trigger as well. And while a gun is considerably louder than a taser, there's a whole physiology that goes on in the human body in these high stress situations, things that effect everyone differently. I've had a .45 go off ten feet from my head in an enclosed space and all I heard was a pop. I actually thought a taser had gone off for a second. The officer who fired could still smell the gun powder months later. I had no sense of smell that day and I LOVE the smell of gun powder.

It'll be interesting to see what her training records are like.

Now what I just laid out doesn't justify the shoot but it does lay out a possible "why" it happened.

I've heard the term "de-escalation" thrown around. Out of curiosity, what does that mean to you guys? Using a taser vs shooting someone isn't an example of de-escalation. That's simply a lower level of force. De-escalation is taking a person in an heightened, excitable state to a passive one. You can't talk someone out of a drug induced state. You can't talk someone out of an acute mental health crisis (hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, etc). The goal in either case is to get the person hopefully to a point where they are passive enough that you can put them in a controlled environment where they can't hurt themselves or other people. THEN you can begin to address the issue longer term: detox, medication, therapy, etc.

Definitely a bad situation for all involved.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
Haus, this is not protest. There is death and looting. The proper terminology would be riot.

1 civilian dead and 7 officers at the hospital.

Some of these goofs are dancing and I have seen women with babies on their hips. Height of ignorance to drag a child into this chaos.

This is flat out rioting and looting.

There is no reason for this. Stupidity

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Since this guy had been in so much trouble in the past I give the police credit that he's lived this long.. When this first hit you has family members talking like he was a quire boy when clearly he's had a past.. Since he lived the life he did wasn't it just a matter of time ... Not justifying the shooting but just my opinion

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
link not working. Sorry.

Last edited by Cjrae; 09/22/16 12:28 PM.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Question....

If the Charlotte police have the video of what actually happened and the guy had a gun, why not just release the video? Seems that would certainly help de-escalate the situation.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Law enforcement doesn't give in to the demands of rioters.

The Chief said he had a gun in the video, now go home and they will release the video, they are kinda busy now.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/22/16 02:02 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Funny how quickly they released the video in Oklahoma and all has been peaceful protests.

So you feel law enforcement has no duty to be transparent to the public that pays their salary. It's thinking like that which only adds to the problem.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The rioting started the night of the shooting, no time to react.
The highly respected and Black Police Chief said the video shows the guy brandishing a gun when shot.

That is transparent enough in the face of riots, now go home so he can get on with business.

What further excuse would you like to use to justify the continued rioting?

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/22/16 02:20 PM.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
With regard to all of these unfortunate circumstances, I have one word:

RESPECT

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're a very funny man.

I'm not upholding people who riot. I'm not upholding any acts of violence or vandalism. Nor am I upholding looting.

But it seems you hold both sides up to the same standards. I'm sorry if I hold public officials and police to a higher standard that I do common criminals.

They've had how long now to release a video that takes five minutes to do? I don't care what color the police chief is. Maybe color means something to you.

The responsible thing to do is to release the video ASAP. If it clearly shows what the police chief says it does, then it shouldn't be an issue to do this. It would clearly help alleviate the situation.

It's certainly fine if you expect both parties to act in the same manner. However, our public officials and law enforcement are paid to act responsibly and be accountable.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So you would have the Police Chief drop everything to meet the demands of you and the rioters?

Would you have him take a break from saving lives, organizing Police responses, integrating the newly arrived State Police and National Guard? Perhaps to meet your demands he should give up some of the much needed sleep he gets from time to time?

This is America and we have one of the best Judicial and Justice systems on the planet but you would like to hurry up the case?

The mans word is not enough for you?
I mentioned he is Black because you probably fear he is a racist and a liar.

Go home and let our system of justice do its job!

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you would have the Police Chief drop everything to meet the demands of you and the rioters?

No. The police chief only has to tell his people to release the video. Doesn't giving the public, not just rioters, the truth and evidence of it to the public? You make it sound like it will take so much of his time. It wouldn't.

Quote:
Would you have him take a break from saving lives, organizing Police responses, integrating the newly arrived State Police and National Guard? Perhaps to meet your demands he should give up some of the much needed sleep he gets from time to time?

If the five minutes it would cost could save lives and since part of his actual job is to be accountable for his department, yes.

Quote:
This is America and we have one of the best Judicial and Justice systems on the planet but you would like to hurry up the case?

Hurry up the case? What a joke.

Quote:

I fear that the police are complicating things by not releasing the video. Did you forget they released the video right away in Oklahoma?

Quote:

Release the video and help stop the violence by being open with the public.

#gmstrong
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Amazing how you and I see so many things alike .. I was about to say the same thing about not giving into the demands of rioters .. I'd like to know where Obama is .. Should he not be on TV addressing these things. I'm still waiting on him to bring this country together

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Doesn't giving the public, not just rioters, the truth and evidence of it to the public?

Police said he was waving around a gun and they told him to put it down.. his family said it was a book.

Police have said they found a gun on him but there was no book in the car... his family said it was a book.

there are people at the riots carrying signs about being killed for reading a book.

They have already made up their mind what the truth is.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Oh Moxy, are you talking about our fearless leader who has been the biggest promoter of all these troubles and riots from the beginning?

He came down on the wrong side of the Zimmerman case and gave hope to Blacks that Zimmy was guilty and would be punished then ripped away that hope when he was found not guilty? The leader who then had the Feds investigate the case, assuring they would get justice but they ended up finding zero evidence for a Federal case, dashing the hopes and raising tensions in the Black community again?

How about in Ferguson? Hands up turned out to be a lie but the Black community bought into it anyway which left them feeling that an unarmed Black man was shot with his hands up, increasing anger in the Black community. Did Obama help to calm that situation?

On and on, Obama has been a weak leader in these matters and has made things much worse.

So now he remains silent. He doesn't call for rioters to go home while they seek out the facts in the case. He lets it simmer and boil.

He sure didn't hesitate to come on tv and order the Black community to protect his legacy and vote for Hillary, now did he?

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/22/16 04:11 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You're a very funny man.

I'm not upholding people who riot. I'm not upholding any acts of violence or vandalism. Nor am I upholding looting.

But it seems you hold both sides up to the same standards. I'm sorry if I hold public officials and police to a higher standard that I do common criminals.

They've had how long now to release a video that takes five minutes to do? I don't care what color the police chief is. Maybe color means something to you.

The responsible thing to do is to release the video ASAP. If it clearly shows what the police chief says it does, then it shouldn't be an issue to do this. It would clearly help alleviate the situation.

Only thing I can find is this:

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/NC-TV-s...-394340031.html

A
Legend
Legend
A
Well.....and this. Caution: Language warning.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/21/brothe...e-people-video/

I thought I had read that the cop that shot the guy was black.

Legend
Legend
The officer was Black and Racism in any form is wrong.

People seem to want to take up sides on these issues but to me there is only one side and that is the side of TRUTH.

We can find solutions when we see the TRUTH.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/22/16 04:24 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You're a very funny man.

Only thing I can find is this:

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/NC-TV-s...-394340031.html

In other statements the same police chief says its unclear if he pointed the gun at officers... then I read a quote where he said it was unclear if he had the gun in his hand.. it's still all very confusing and the news is all over the place.

I did read in a quote that the mayor said she plans to watch the video "on Thursday or Friday".. pretty neat, her city is in chaos and she has the authority to watch it whenever she wants and she isn't going to watch the video for 3 or 4 days?

yebat' Putin
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Oklahoma cop shoots unarmed black man

Link Copied to Clipboard