Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

I did read in a quote that the mayor said she plans to watch the video "on Thursday or Friday".. pretty neat, her city is in chaos and she has the authority to watch it whenever she wants and she isn't going to watch the video for 3 or 4 days?

What is your experience as a Mayor of a City under siege?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Agreed.

I also read earlier today (but I don't know where. Sorry, can't find it either) that the chief made a statement along the lines of "the video (don't remember if it was dash cam vid, or vid from an on body camera) was not clear enough.

Meaning, it wouldn't show definitively.

So, I don't know what's going on.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Right now, it's all Kerrputney.

Legend
Legend
Another thing people don't realize is this is a very important legal investigation.

If they watch the video and there are 4 people standing on the sidewalks during the shooting, they will want to make contact with those potential witnesses before they even know they were seen on video. You don't just release this stuff if you are looking for justice, just to please the viewing audience.

Before than can do anything they will need to get their city under control.

We all can see the protesters are there to demand Truth and Justice and I think we can agree with them but the Rioters are there to show their muscle, call for the killing of white cops, act like gangstas and grab free stuff.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/22/16 04:52 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Another thing people don't realize is this is a very important legal investigation.

If they watch the video and there are 4 people standing on the sidewalks during the shooting, they will want to make contact with those potential witnesses before they even know they were seen on video. You don't just release this stuff if you are looking for justice, just to please the viewing audience.

Before than can do anything they will need to get their city under control.

What is your experience as a District Attorney?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Was I so bold as to criticize the District Attorney like you did the Mayor?

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Tulsa police officer charged in man's death
JUSTIN JUOZAPAVICIUS and SEAN MURPHY,Associated Press 26 minutes ago .

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Prosecutors in Tulsa, Oklahoma, have filed first-degree manslaughter charges against the white police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man on a city street.

District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler filed the charges Thursday against officer Betty Shelby, who shot and killed 40-year-old Terence Crutcher on Sept. 16. Dashcam and aerial footage of the shooting and its aftermath showed Crutcher walking away from Shelby with his arms in the air.

The footage does not offer a clear view of when Shelby fired the single shot that killed Crutcher. Her attorney has said Crutcher was not following police commands and that Shelby opened fire when the man began to reach into his SUV window.

Tulsa police say Crutcher did not have a gun on him or in his vehicle.

Legend
Legend
Excellent!

Bad cops or cops involved in bad killings should have the book thrown at them!

Truth.
Justice.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Release the video and help stop the violence by being open with the public.

You know me bro. I think you know my heart, and my mind. You know me as a person not just a poster around here. What makes me sad, mad, upset, and sick to my stomach is that a video can be posted of a person being arrested, being a total butthole, telling the cops to go screw themselves, aim a gun at the cops, etc, etc, and then get shot and some people blame the police WTF. let me repeat that WTF, wtf, wtf, If you are confronted by the police and you act like a total (Bleep out about ten words here) you deserve to get shot. I know some folks won't agree with that, but I don't care. I am tired of watching americans destroy this country because they want to behave like idiots.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Charlotte police chief: Shooting video won't be made public

Asked whether there was a time at which the public could expect to see it, Chief Kerr Putney said there should be no such expectation.
"Transparency's in the eye of the beholder," he said. "If you think we should display a victim's worst day for public consumption, that is not the transparency I'm speaking of."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/22/us/charlotte-protests/

Legend
Legend
So in the heat of the moment and someone doesn't act rationally and chooses to yell and curse, they deserve to lose their life?

Legend
Legend
Charlotte police chief: Shooting video won't be made public

Asked whether there was a time at which the public could expect to see it, Chief Kerr Putney said there should be no such expectation.
"Transparency's in the eye of the beholder," he said. "If you think we should display a victim's worst day for public consumption, that is not the transparency I'm speaking of."

......And this is how you get a 3rd night of rioting.

Legend
Legend
While the public shouldn't expect to see the video, Todd Walther, spokesman for the Charlotte Fraternal Order of Police, told CNN that he viewed the footage, and it demonstrated Scott was "an obvious threat" to police officers. He said Scott can be seen with a gun and ankle holster in the video.
Scott was in a vehicle when police arrived to serve a warrant on another man at an apartment complex, he said. Some of the officers were not in uniform, but they still had vests or jackets that said "police" on the front and back, Walther said.
"He was seated in (the car) when he was approached, but when he exited that vehicle, he was given clear commands to drop the weapon -- and he did not do that," Walther said. "So he was armed when he came out of that vehicle and refused to listen to officers."

Legend
Legend
They just announced on NBC that he is permitting the family to view the video.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
North Carolina law blocks release of police recordings

By Emanuella Grinberg, CNN
Updated 11:08 PM ET, Wed July 13, 2016

Recordings from body or dashboard cameras will be off-limits to public without court order

(CNN)Citing a desire to balance "public trust" with the rights and safety of law enforcement officers, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed legislation this week that blocks the release of law enforcement recordings from body cameras or dashboard cameras with limited exceptions.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/politics/north-carolina-police-recording-law/index.html

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/22/16 05:58 PM.
Legend
Legend
North Carolina law blocks release of police recordings

By Emanuella Grinberg, CNN
Updated 11:08 PM ET, Wed July 13, 2016

Recordings from body or dashboard cameras will be off-limits to public without court order

(CNN)Citing a desire to balance "public trust" with the rights and safety of law enforcement officers, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed legislation this week that blocks the release of law enforcement recordings from body cameras or dashboard cameras with limited exceptions.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/politics/north-carolina-police-recording-law/index.html

That law doesn't go into effect until October 1. This is purely the City of Charlotte's discretion.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
So in the heat of the moment and someone doesn't act rationally and chooses to yell and curse, they deserve to lose their life?

YES, YES, and YES let me make myself clear. If the police pull you over or come to your home. and you act like a total freakin brain dead stupid spoiled freakin idiot then you deserve to get shot. No if, ands, or buts about it. Let me make sure you understand what I am saying. If you act like a spoiled brat child around police and dare them to shoot you, and they do then guess what. IT"S your own damn fault.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

YES, YES, and YES let me make myself clear. If the police pull you over or come to your home. and you act like a total freakin brain dead stupid spoiled freakin idiot then you deserve to get shot. No if, ands, or buts about it. Let me make sure you understand what I am saying. If you act like a spoiled brat child around police and dare them to shoot you, and they do then guess what. IT"S your own damn fault.

Using your logic-

So every human being that has ever been drunk and gotten in an argument with another human being should be shot?

Or are cops the only ones allowed to be judge, jury, and executioner?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

That law doesn't go into effect until October 1. This is purely the City of Charlotte's discretion.

Semantics. The law has been passed.

Legend
Legend

Using your logic-

So every human being that has ever been drunk and gotten in an argument with another human being should be shot?

Let me tell you I have been drunk around 8,000 times in my life. I have done many, many stupid things, I have never ever treated a cop who pulled me over/confronted me/or come to my home (which has happened more times that I would like to admit) in a manor that would entice him to shoot me. If I did I would expect him to do so and blame myself.

Legend
Legend
Drunk and disorderly conduct should be a death sentence for someone. At least your consistent.

A
Legend
Legend
A

Using your logic-

You shouldn't argue with a cop. Ever. It never works out well for you. Ever.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Using your logic-

Neither does arguing with a gang member.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GM Dawg
Let me tell you I have been drunk around 8,000 times in my life. I have done many, many stupid things, I have never ever treated a cop who pulled me over/confronted me/or come to my home (which has happened more times that I would like to admit) in a manor that would entice him to shoot me. If I did I would expect him to do so and blame myself.

...you live in a manor, but it's not enticing. If it was a nice manor, you'd expect him to shoot you?

tongue

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 09/22/16 06:58 PM. Reason: added quote so I look slightly less unhinged

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Well I guess the video has been seen by the family, the Po Po have said all they have to say and the State Police and National Guard are on scene.

Tonight should be head cracker night!

Legend
Legend
Drunk and disorderly conduct should be a death sentence for someone. At least your consistent.

Drunk and disordley has nothing to do with being a 150 percent butthole who thinks their crap doesn't stink and they can do whatever they want in life with no consequence. Time for you to Man up and admit when people screw up they get what they deserve. Not everybody is going to count to three for the wimps.

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Oh Moxy, are you talking about our fearless leader who has been the biggest promoter of all these troubles and riots from the beginning?

He came down on the wrong side of the Zimmerman case and gave hope to Blacks that Zimmy was guilty and would be punished then ripped away that hope when he was found not guilty? The leader who then had the Feds investigate the case, assuring they would get justice but they ended up finding zero evidence for a Federal case, dashing the hopes and raising tensions in the Black community again?

How about in Ferguson? Hands up turned out to be a lie but the Black community bought into it anyway which left them feeling that an unarmed Black man was shot with his hands up, increasing anger in the Black community. Did Obama help to calm that situation?

On and on, Obama has been a weak leader in these matters and has made things much worse.

So now he remains silent. He doesn't call for rioters to go home while they seek out the facts in the case. He lets it simmer and boil.

He sure didn't hesitate to come on tv and order the Black community to protect his legacy and vote for Hillary, now did he?

Yea! That's him....

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
On CNN, the crowds are gathering to get their heads busted.

They are beginning to get in the Cop's faces!

White people taking selfies of me with my Black brothers!

Police announcing "This is an illegal gathering, please disperse."

3 guys with a sign saying "Resistance Is Futile".

Some guy with the biggest hair I have ever seen!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/22/16 08:31 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Using your logic-

What does that mean?

Legend
Legend
Oh oh, they are now gathering on FOX to get their heads busted!

Excuse me officer, how do you tell the difference between a Protester and a Rioter?

Rioter gots a 10 in gash in his head, Protester 3 inch!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/22/16 08:39 PM.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Using your logic-

What does that mean?

It means some people still don't understand respect

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
On CNN, the crowds are gathering to get their heads busted.

They are beginning to get in the Cop's faces!

White people taking selfies of me with my Black brothers!

Police announcing "This is an illegal gathering, please disperse."

3 guys with a sign saying "Resistance Is Futile".

Some guy with the biggest hair I have ever seen!

I followed the riots for a couple hours last night. I'm not sure I can do it again. Seriously, it is like watching humanity at its worst. Reading mainstream media's articles after the fact only gives a small suggestion as to what happened and who was doing what.

Legend
Legend
You rest while I watch with both eyes tonight.

So far everyone is acting human so I am switching back and forth...

FOX, CNN, Football game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Sounds good. I have to admit, I pulled up a live stream and have kept an eye on it here and there. It's like a train wreck-- hard to keep your eyes off of. Agreed that everyone is acting reasonably so far. Last night had a very different vibe.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

Why would you respect Gang Members? Drugs, prostitution, drive by shooting...?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Go back and follow the thread. I think you can figure it our if you want to. If not meh......That's OK.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Charlotte Mayor orders midnight curfew tonight.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Go back and follow the thread. I think you can figure it our if you want to. If not meh......That's OK.

Thanks for no knowing either.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Wow... this thread went down in flames... smh

Anyway,

In Tulsa, talking to a few other officers, the general consensus is that she fired due to that sympathetic nervous system response I mentioned in my last post. It may turn out to be something else, but that seems to be the developing consensus amongst professionals.

A charge in this case is certainly warranted.

As to if it is an appropriate charge? I don't know if Tulsa is reading this thread, but maybe he can shed some light on how it's done in OK?

I'm curious to know a couple things:

Is 1st degree manslaughter the same as 1st degree murder? In my experience murder is reserved for crimes that involve a level of intent i.e. dude buries his wife in the basement... where as manslaughter charges are associated with death as a result of negligent act i.e. you run a red light and t-bone someone.

Second, is OK a state where a jury can find someone not guilty on the more serious charge, but guilty on a lesser related charge?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Oklahoma cop shoots unarmed black man

Link Copied to Clipboard