Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Resisting=no good.

Shooting unarmed individuals who are resisting with no weapons shouldn't equal shoot to kill. I'm quite sure SOP says subdue with non-lethal force.

In GMs world if you resist you deserve to be killed for it.

I'n my world kids also got their ass beat for getting out of line. Lying, stealing, cheating, talking back to parents, or cops. It's funny none of them ever got shot by cops. But you young guys keep counting to three when your kids get out of line. Give them a dirty look when you catch them cheating. Give them a stern lecture when you catch them stealing. Keep teaching them that they can do anything or say anything they please to coaches, teachers, firemen, cops, and judges. tsktsk

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Resisting=no good.

Shooting unarmed individuals who are resisting with no weapons shouldn't equal shoot to kill. I'm quite sure SOP says subdue with non-lethal force.

In GMs world if you resist you deserve to be killed for it.

I'n my world kids also got their ass beat for getting out of line. Lying, stealing, cheating, talking back to parents, or cops. It's funny none of them ever got shot by cops. But you young guys keep counting to three when your kids get out of line. Give them a dirty look when you catch them cheating. Give them a stern lecture when you catch them stealing. Keep teaching them that they can do anything or say anything they please to coaches, teachers, firemen, cops, and judges. tsktsk

The world we grew up in was great wasn't it?

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
It was imperfect and had it's problems but at least it still contained common sense. thumbsup

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Unless you were a POC. Then you were still shot by cops.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Does a woman, one who ends up getting intoxicated while wearing revealing clothing, deserve to get raped at a party?

You'll say "what does rape have to do with this?", but I've read similar comments about hand waving with women getting raped.
-----------------------------------

Regardless of the action of the suspect, he was unarmed. The officer should have acted with non-lethal force. Common sense. I wouldn't shoot an unarmed individual, and especially one who kept his hands up.

I understand the attempted analogy. However, to equate a woman's provocative dress with failure to follow a directive given by a police officer is misguided. Additionally, you paint men as simpletons with this analogy imo.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
One commonality in every incident we have discussed: failure to follow a directive given by an officer.

Learn from it or not.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
No it's not

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
Does a woman, one who ends up getting intoxicated while wearing revealing clothing, deserve to get raped at a party?

You'll say "what does rape have to do with this?", but I've read similar comments about hand waving with women getting raped.
-----------------------------------

Regardless of the action of the suspect, he was unarmed. The officer should have acted with non-lethal force. Common sense. I wouldn't shoot an unarmed individual, and especially one who kept his hands up.

I understand the attempted analogy. However, to equate a woman's provocative dress with failure to follow a directive given by a police officer is misguided. Additionally, you paint men as simpletons with this analogy imo.

99.9% of these could have been avoided by following instructions.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Shouldnt be killing anyone who isnt waving a gun around. They can subdue them in other ways. I feel like this is either a training or policy problem.

I see a lot of MMQBing in these debates. Well if he wasn't actually on PCP at the moment then they could have done XYZ, if he didn't have a gun in the car they should have done XYZ, etc. Those are all things you find out after the fact. You have to make the decision in the moment without knowledge of those other things..

So how close should a cop have to get to allowing him/herself to be harmed/killed before they pull the trigger? That is usually what I see at the basis of these discussions.. the cop should have waited, the cop should have used other means, the cop should have done something different.. and it's usually based on information we know NOW that the cop didn't know at the moment. When the person won't stop when told to stop and begins reaching under his jacket or into his car, what is he reaching for? You don't get to wait to find out, you have to GUESS right now. And if you guess wrong, YOU could be the one in the video lying in the street dead.

I also see comments a lot that they could use non-lethal force, like tasers and other things.. Ok, fair enough but you can't go up to a person who is not obeying with three different options of weapons in your hand. This isn't a video game where you can switch from weapon A to weapon B in an instant by pushing a button on your controller. Whichever weapon you grab first is the one you will probably have to start and finish the encounter with.. and if you pick the non-lethal one, then again, you might be the one lying in the street.

I'm not a cop, I don't understand the nuances of how they are trained to handle these situations, I don't understand how they are trained to decide between lethal and non-lethal weapons.. I believe there is probably room to improve in this area... but damn, a lot of people act like it should just be so easy to make the decisions and usually they come from the post-event perspective where we have all of the facts that the cop on the scene didn't have.

yebat' Putin
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
There is enough blame on both sides of the coin.

The drug/PCP excuse does not appear valid. If you take drugs and are impaired enough to be unable to follow commands or realize what you are doing, it's your chosen risk. Why should others be at risk be cause of a poor choice you made?

I agree with Eve, it does appear to be a training issue with officers. Who knows? Ask devildawg. He lives it.

But, I know how teachers get blamed for things out of their control too. This attitude enables poor classroom behavior. Perhaps it does the same on the street.

However, I feel offficers are so frightened for their lives that they have chosen to take no risks.
It will take effort on both sides of this coin to stop the killings and create the change we all hopefully want to see...peace.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Police officer deaths have been trending downward for years. It's safer to be a policemen today than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Why are they more fearful?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Police officer deaths have been trending downward for years. It's safer to be a policemen today than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Why are they more fearful?

Dallas mean anything to you?

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Dallas mean anything to you?

And what about the other 20kabillion murders that happened in the past 2 years before "Dallas".

Legend
Legend
Meh, still not convinced its not Cop Assisted Suicides.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
This is your basic Leftist comment

followed up with

Quote:
You make it so Black and White

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Here's the problem in the world now. Lot of people believe this. Leader of NAACP says doesn't matter if he had a gun in Charlotte
doesn't matter if he had a gun

Just read another story also where Al Sharpton wants to make it illegal for a white person to kill a black person under any circumstance

Last edited by Moxdawg; 09/24/16 03:22 PM.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to Mac Donald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

(And since we always like to point out whites outnumber blacks in the population I believe blacks outnumber police)

Despite the facts, the anti-police rhetoric of Black Lives Matter and their leftist sympathizers have resulted in what Mac Donald calls the "Ferguson Effect," as murders have spiked by 17 percent among the 50 biggest cities in the U.S. as a result of cops being more reluctant to police neighborhoods out of fear of being labeled as racists. Additionally, there have been over twice as many cops victimized by fatal shootings in the first three months of 2016.

Anti-police rhetoric has deadly consequences

Taken from

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler#

Last edited by Moxdawg; 09/24/16 03:35 PM.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops.

Quote:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"-Carl Sagan

Study on Caucasion and African Americans in Relation to Officer Deaths

From the article:
Quote:
More white offenders than black offenders killed police between 1980 and 2013. Police officers were killed in ambush attacks by just as many black offenders as white offenders in the past three decades. There are no simple conclusions or trends that can be gleaned from the database alone, but it provides context that based on the raw numbers, officers are no more likely to be killed by black offenders than white offenders.

But, I doubt this will do much because

Quote:
Feelings are just as valid as facts-Newt Gingrich

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 09/24/16 03:53 PM.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to Mac Donald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

(And since we always like to point out whites outnumber blacks in the population I believe blacks outnumber police)

Despite the facts, the anti-police rhetoric of Black Lives Matter and their leftist sympathizers have resulted in what Mac Donald calls the "Ferguson Effect," as murders have spiked by 17 percent among the 50 biggest cities in the U.S. as a result of cops being more reluctant to police neighborhoods out of fear of being labeled as racists. Additionally, there have been over twice as many cops victimized by fatal shootings in the first three months of 2016.

Anti-police rhetoric has deadly consequences

Taken from

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler#

What does any of that have to do with what I said? Are you saying that being a police officer is 18x as dangerous as being a black person? Because that doesn't seem like something to be proud of considering that police do.

Also the stats still show that policeman are far safer in 2012-2016 than 1982-1986. Whatever though, I'm done. Too many people have quick! stats to try to defend everything even when it doesn't.

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Whatever though, I'm done.

Somehow I don't think that's true

Last edited by Moxdawg; 09/24/16 04:42 PM.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
My feelings are more important than your facts, CHS.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
No evidence of gun on the suspect on the video feed. He steps out of the car, officers have guns pointed at him, the suspect saunters around, and the officers gun him down.

They claim gun, but both of the hands look free of any object.

Ugh....why?!

Edit: Video is grainy. Can't really tell what is in his hands (if anything), but no pointing of any weapon at any officer.

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 09/24/16 07:23 PM.
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Well if you and the rest of the leftists get their way those numbers will go the other way.

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
No evidence of gun on the suspect on the video feed. He steps out of the car, officers have guns pointed at him, the suspect saunters around, and the officers gun him down.

They claim gun, but both of the hands look free of any object.

Ugh....why?!

Edit: Video is grainy. Can't really tell what is in his hands (if anything), but no pointing of any weapon at any officer.

Why is he sauntering around? Why doesn't he just stand still and do what he's told? Why does he even approach his vehicle? Why

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
We need retraining on the rules of engagement for police officers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My question from all of this would be...

Why would police from all different cities throughout the USA male, female. black, white, Asian and different ages target blacks?

Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Vambo
My question from all of this would be...

Why would police from all different cities throughout the USA male, female. black, white, Asian and different ages target blacks?
you need to stop spewing this racist logic!

Legend
Legend
Unless you were a POC. Then you were still shot by cops.

You know it's funny nobody in my neck of the woods has ever been shot by a cop during a traffic stop, or in their home when they behaved themselves. Not white, black, brown, yellow, or red.

Legend
Legend
We need retraining on the rules of engagement for police officers.

We need retraining of the idiots who will not follow the cops instructions. We also need convictions of a cop who does really screw up and shoot's somebody who was complying.

Legend
Legend
I think something the BLM protestors need to realize is that they are getting what they want. There are police departments being heavily investigated after these police shootings. Baltimore PD got exposed as being very corrupt.

Maybe the victims they protest for don't recieve justice, but removing corrupt cops should be what their end goal is. People can defend the shootings, but they can't defend the agencies because more and more are being exposed.

At the end of the day, BLM is winning but for some reason don't realize it. It's why I don't understand the protests.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Poor policing must be identified, removed and training completed to avoid it.

With that being said, common sense must prevail.

Anyone who has seen the video(s) must admit, this individual was given several orders to drop the gun.

OK. Now, to believe this was an intentional act, one must believe the following:

This black officer went to the scene to choreograph the death of an individual.

His repeated orders to drop the gun were nothing more than staging for the camera and there was no weapon.

This scene was an intentional murder of an individual. And most will believe, an innocent individual has lost his life.

Scenario over.

Was there a weapon? If not, what percipitated the repeated orders to drop the gun?

Perhaps another object that resembled a gun? Anyone who believes this officer repeatdly gave orders to drop a gun without an object resembling a gun present, must be living in make believe.

This theory makes no sense.

Could he have had another object in his hand and refused orders to drop it? Perhaps. I would not want my son, as the officer, trying to determine that if his life depended upon it. When given an order, drop "whatever" is in your hand. Problem solved.

Did he not drop it because of his TBI? Perhaps. If this is the case, why was he in posession of a weapon?

To believe some of the accusations mentioned above and leveled on this thread makes it increasingly evident we lack common sense that skews our ability to realistically evaluate a situation like this.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This backs up the case for not releasing the vids early to a bunch of idiots who it will make no difference to.

I still say many of these cases are simply Suicides by Cop.

Where else can one get so much attention before and after they die?

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/25/16 11:19 AM.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Well if you and the rest of the leftists get their way those numbers will go the other way.

And if the rightests get their way, the cops will be replaced with Nazis. See how making irrational statements, like yours, just sound dumb when someone destroys your world view with correct statistics.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

And if the rightests get their way, the cops will be replaced with Nazis. See how making irrational statements, like yours, just sound dumb when someone destroys your world view with correct statistics.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

#gmstrong
Moxdawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

How's the world going today with even more mass shootings?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

No it's not. Read the chart... "Officers feloniously killed"... Look at your statistics that say it includes data for officers who drown, electrocute themselves to death, are causalities in an airplane, etc., etc. So yeah, great statistics if you want to know how many biplanes killed officers last year, but horrible if you want to quantify how dangerous it is to be a cop when they have to interact with humans.

BTW my statistics might "appear" outdated -- they aren't -- but they still prove my point.

1982-1986 927 Officers Died

2011-2015 656 officers died.

So even with fake stats my point still stands. Of course the right wing posters will never acknowledge this post because it gets in the way of their narrative.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
You're outed CHS. Admit it and move on. "Might" appear outdated. Geezh!

Last edited by Cjrae; 09/26/16 10:37 AM.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You're outed CHS. Admit it and move on. "Might" appear outdated. Geezh!

What did you out me on? The fact that it's still safer to be a police officer today than it was in the 80's? Did you out me on being a Decepticon sympathizer because I don't think we should talk about biplane on police violence in conversations about inner city violence? Do tell.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Oklahoma cop shoots unarmed black man

Link Copied to Clipboard