Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
The number of police deaths for this time of year was down 12 percent.
But the number of police officers killed by firearms was up 17 percent. That echoes findings from the pro-gun-control Brady Campaign in May. The group concluded that at that time, the number of officers murdered by guns was up 70 percent.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
This backs up the case for not releasing the vids early to a bunch of idiots who it will make no difference to.

I still say many of these cases are simply Suicides by Cop.

Where else can one get so much attention before and after they die?

Nazi Germany.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

Charlotte Police: 70% Of Rioters Arrested Are Out Of State "Instigators"

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Fraternal Order of Police spokesman Todd Walther told CNN's Erin Burnett Thursday night that 70% of those arrested in race riots in that city this week were not locals.

"This is not Charlotte that's out here," he said. "These are outside entities that are coming in and causing these problems. These are not protestors, these are criminals."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2..._state_ids.html

Legend
Legend

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Fraternal Order of Police spokesman Todd Walther told CNN's Erin Burnett Thursday night that 70% of those arrested in race riots in that city this week were not locals.

"This is not Charlotte that's out here," he said. "These are outside entities that are coming in and causing these problems. These are not protestors, these are criminals."

Proof it. Release all the names of the arrested rioters and their home town.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Even if what he says is true, it only goes to show that in these situations it's only a very small percentage of people actually being arrested for anything and that it not a representation of the actual community.

Of course I'm sure he has some added conspiracy theory about the DNC or Hillary being behind it all. lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Videos, Police statements, lists of names, all a waste of time with you Liberals. You will cling to your false narratives.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Proof it. Release all the names of the arrested rioters and their home town.

This would seem to indicate otherwise

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
Will we see anything like the LA riots of the 90's in terms of pure violence?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
BLM protest brewing right now in El Cajon, CA. The protesters dropped the old "hands up, don't shoot" chant in favor of "fist up, fight back"

I have a bad feeling about this.

Legend
Legend
I see there was another suicide by cop in San Diego.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I see there was another suicide by cop in San Diego.

I just read about what happened a little bit ago. I'm going to wait for more information to come out before making any judgements. Hopefully the protests stay peaceful.

Legend
Legend
I saw the photos.
Dude comes out of the car with his hands wrapped around each other and pointing them at the cops, gun like.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I saw the photos.
Dude comes out of the car with his hands wrapped around each other and pointing them at the cops, gun like.

I only read one article about it and didn't see that. That would be similar to the shooting that happened in Fresno a while back.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Haus
I saw the photos.

I only read one article about it and didn't see that. That would be similar to the shooting that happened in Fresno a while back.

Here it is...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/us/california-police-shooting/

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Haus
BLM protest brewing right now in El Cajon, CA. The protesters dropped the old "hands up, don't shoot" chant in favor of "fist up, fight back"

I have a bad feeling about this.

There's gonna be riots on Election Day. Doesn't matter which side wins, it will be ugly.

Legend
Legend
POLICE SHOOT 6-YEAR-OLD AUTISTIC BOY DEAD, BUT HE’S WHITE SO NO ONE CARES

Police officers shot and killed a 6-year-old autistic boy during an incident in Louisiana, but the boy was white, wasn’t holding a gun and didn’t have a long criminal record, so don’t expect any protests or national media attention.

http://www.infowars.com/police-shoot-6-year-old-autistic-boy-dead-but-hes-white-so-no-one-cares/

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What I don't get in all this BLM rage, is that so far this year double the killing's have been white ppl. But you never here about that.

Legend
Legend
Based on that pathetically written article, it still sounds like the cops fired when they didn't need to.

And it's just as disgusting when you use the tragic death of a 6 year old boy to make a political point as it is when somebody else does it, whether you are rioting or not.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
This was on the news with video of the shooting. They were just shooting into the car blindly and the dad was trying to hold his hands up. The child was in the passenger seat. Its an abomination.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Based on that pathetically written article, it still sounds like the cops fired when they didn't need to.

And it's just as disgusting when you use the tragic death of a 6 year old boy to make a political point as it is when somebody else does it, whether you are rioting or not.

I couldn't agree more.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: shotty66
What I don't get in all this BLM rage, is that so far this year double the killing's have been white ppl. But you never here about that.

If you had to guess, how many white people are in the United States compare to blacks?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Does that make white peoples deaths less important?

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
that's not what i'm getting at.
maybe
i worded it wrong? And don't get me wrong I see 1st. hand here.
Guess what I meant was it doesn't or shouldn't mater the color of your skin. And that we have a problem either with training or back ground check's .

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

No it makes white people apathetic. If you don't care enough to lift a finger when cops shoot white people, that is not the problem of black people...

What if.. and I know this is crazy... white people and black people actually worked together to just bring down violence.. black on black violence, white on white violence, black on white violence, men on women violence, cop violence... y'know, all of it. What if we just looked at it as "VIOLENCE" and stopped breaking up by demographics and thought, 'You know, I bet we can do better."

Nah... never gonna happen.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
From other articles I am reading, it appears the dad led police on a high speed chase and finally crashed into one of the officers cars or someone's car. Facts are still coming in.

It is a tragedy but I will withhold my personal judgement on the incident until all the facts are in.

Not going to loot and burn the town.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/30/16 02:27 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I guess you have never seen a BLM rally because there are just as many white people as black people there.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
(What if.. and I know this is crazy... white people and black people actually worked together to just bring down violence.. black on black violence, white on white violence, black on white violence, men on women violence, cop violence... y'know, all of it. What if we just looked at it as "VIOLENCE" and stopped breaking up by demographics and thought, 'You know, I bet we can do better.")

You know this will never happen.And i'm not going to get into it as to why. You as most on here know why. And it Suck's! plane and simple. I wish ppl could look at life as a one time ride on a roller coaster. there are up's down's with a lot of in between crap that real doesn't matter. All that matter's is you live life like it end's tomorrow.

Legend
Legend

No it makes white people apathetic.

No, it makes White people more willing to allow the system to figure out what really happened, facts over emotions, and see the final outcome, like all good Americans should.

A
Legend
Legend
A

No it makes white people apathetic. If you don't care enough to lift a finger when cops shoot white people,

I have to disagree with you on this DC.

Exactly WHAT makes white people apathetic? In reading this story, I figured it happened a day or 2 ago. But no, it was pretty much 11 months ago.

I certainly never saw it the press.

I certainly never heard of whites rioting, looting, burning down the town/city. Did you?

Just imagine if it had been a black dad, with his black autistic son, and 2 white cops that did the shooting. Killing a 6 year old. That they admit "I didn't see the kid".

Apathetic white people? Or people that allowed/are allowing the justice system to work? Bet insurance companies are glad there wasn't rioting.

A
Legend
Legend
A
From other articles I am reading, it appears the dad led police on a high speed chase and finally crashed into one of the officers cars or someone's car. Facts are still coming in.

It is a tragedy but I will withhold my personal judgement on the incident until all the facts are in.

Not going to loot and burn the town.

Dude - it happened last november. The facts are in.

Legend
Legend

No it makes white people apathetic. If you don't care enough to lift a finger when cops shoot white people, that is not the problem of black people...

What if.. and I know this is crazy... white people and black people actually worked together to just bring down violence.. black on black violence, white on white violence, black on white violence, men on women violence, cop violence... y'know, all of it. What if we just looked at it as "VIOLENCE" and stopped breaking up by demographics and thought, 'You know, I bet we can do better."

Nah... never gonna happen.

I've been consistent in saying it's a training issue and not a racial issue. However, when I try to bring that up people come out of the woodwork to dehumanize the victim in every situation.

Legend
Legend
Yes, I didn't see that, the Judge just released the Video the other day. The facts are still coming in because the trials have yet to be held.

The case resulted in the indictments of two marshals on second degree murder and second degree attempted murder.

Calm has ruled and justice is being done. The system works.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/30/16 03:10 PM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Exactly WHAT makes white people apathetic? In reading this story, I figured it happened a day or 2 ago. But no, it was pretty much 11 months ago.

I certainly never heard of whites rioting, looting, burning down the town/city. Did you?

Just imagine if it had been a black dad, with his black autistic son, and 2 white cops that did the shooting. Killing a 6 year old. That they admit "I didn't see the kid".

Apathetic white people? Or people that allowed/are allowing the justice system to work? Bet insurance companies are glad there wasn't rioting.

Apathetic in the sense that if you are white, you can allow the justice system to work and have some comfort that justice will be done.. Many blacks have no such level of comfort..

Apathetic in the sense that I see how the article was written.. nobody rioted? kind of makes it sound like they expect to be congratulated for that.. or that makes white America better than black America... doesn't it?

But mostly apathetic in the sense that white people minimize these problems and place a ton of faith in a criminal justice system that has failed a lot of people, especially black people... and whether or not the person who is wronged is a black man or a white woman or rich or poor, we should all stand up against that. I'm not condoning rioting and looting stores, that does no good... but white people need to stop hiding behind "the justice system" if it is not working equally for everybody.

I happen to think we have the finest justice system in the world on paper... but it's still run by people and people still have biases and if we aren't constantly trying to root out those biases so that the justice systems works the same for everybody.... then we are apathetic.

yebat' Putin
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Apathetic in the sense that if you are white, you can allow the justice system to work and have some comfort that justice will be done.. Many blacks have no such level of comfort..

Apathetic in the sense that I see how the article was written.. nobody rioted? kind of makes it sound like they expect to be congratulated for that.. or that makes white America better than black America... doesn't it?

But mostly apathetic in the sense that white people minimize these problems and place a ton of faith in a criminal justice system that has failed a lot of people, especially black people... and whether or not the person who is wronged is a black man or a white woman or rich or poor, we should all stand up against that. I'm not condoning rioting and looting stores, that does no good... but white people need to stop hiding behind "the justice system" if it is not working equally for everybody.

I happen to think we have the finest justice system in the world on paper... but it's still run by people and people still have biases and if we aren't constantly trying to root out those biases so that the justice systems works the same for everybody.... then we are apathetic.

Then, let's create robot cops with no human bias to suit your logic.

Humans have beliefs, biases and thoughts, right or wrong. They always will.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I agree, and disagree - if I can pull a john kerry here.

Black person gets shot by white cop: riots, looting, racism charges. All before a trial. Hell, all before the facts are even out.

White dad and kid shot by cops. 1 year ago. 6 year old kid killed. I never heard about it until today.

Some people want to make it seem as if cops are out actively hunting blacks. And friend, that just ain't true.

Legend
Legend
POLICE SHOOT 6-YEAR-OLD AUTISTIC BOY DEAD, BUT HE’S WHITE SO NO ONE CARES

Police officers shot and killed a 6-year-old autistic boy during an incident in Louisiana, but the boy was white, wasn’t holding a gun and didn’t have a long criminal record, so don’t expect any protests or national media attention.

http://www.infowars.com/police-shoot-6-year-old-autistic-boy-dead-but-hes-white-so-no-one-cares/

This is nonsense. The police officers were indicted for murder, which is a huge difference than what has happened with police (regardless of race) that have unjustly shot and killed black people. That's the difference.

This is a tragedy. It's very sad for this kid and devastating for this kid's family. I don't mean to minimize the incident, but to act like this is being treated with less consequences than the other high profile cases is the opposite of true.

Legend
Legend
Yes, I didn't see that, the Judge just released the Video the other day. The facts are still coming in because the trials have yet to be held.

The case resulted in the indictments of two marshals on second degree murder and second degree attempted murder.

Calm has ruled and justice is being done. The system works.
thank you.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote]Apathetic in the sense that if you are white, you can allow the justice system to work and have some comfort that justice will be done.. Many blacks have no such level of comfort..

I agree and disagree. As to white's having trust in the justice system, yes to a point. But black,s I don't believe it has any thing to with the system.It has every thing to do with history and the biggest reason is the media.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Oklahoma cop shoots unarmed black man

Link Copied to Clipboard