Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2016/09/30/teen-who-walked-two-hours-to-work-surprised-by-cop-who-buys-him-bike/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news

To bad we don't hear more about these situations.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I don't think George Soros gets talked about enough. The dude is an economic terrorist. He pays professional rioters to travel to these cities and cause destruction. Once these small businesses are destroyed, Soros buys them for pennies on the dollar. He has warrants out on him in Russia for the same crap. He's been doing this since he was young too. He sold Jewish people to Hitler for a profit during WWII.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It really is.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

It really is.

These types of stories are all over the place, but honestly, I don't really blame the media for not putting them out there. I think law enforcement as a profession and local gov'ts are more to blame for that.

One of the most frustrating things for me post Ferguson was that a number of police departments started to do damage control in a marketing sense. People were pissed off about Ferguson and agencies wanted to (finally) start showing the "good" side of cops. That led to "Hey look! This officer is shooting hoops with that lonely kid!" "This cop bought lunch for a homeless guy!" I st there in disbelief because showing a cop shooting hoops is nothing in the way of educating people about the facts of a high profile, deadly incident. Shooting hoops isn't going to make rioters say "Gee, I guess we were wrong".

Everyday (and night) cops are doing the classic "cops and robbers". Not trying to toot my own horn, but last week I got one of our trainees in a foot chase with a home invasion suspect. He and his crew hit 4 houses and kidnapped one person. He later rolled on the rest. That never made the news. That was never released by our department. That will never be discussed outside of anyone with a badge and their families. Why?

Police admins and City Councils don't want you the public to hear about all that because if people heard about those kinds of stories they would be skeptical of them when they tell you it's a safe city.

Think about it for a second: if your local news reported that your local PD recovered 12 stolen cars and captured 4 subjects who committed multiple robberies each week... most would think that's pretty cool but then they'd start to wonder just how safe it really is.

This is why there's really only a few kinds of awards we have that are made public annually in my city. You have life saving awards for officers who have done things like talk suicidal people off a bridge or did CPR. Ooh! They saved a life! Or you get the kinds where your DWI enforcement squad gets recognized for hundreds of DWI arrests that year. Ooh, they got drunks off the road!

Important things obviously, but they don't tell the whole story and they do nothing to educate the public just what most police work consists of. So while I have the utmost disdain for people like Kenneth Scotts family in Charlotte spreading the lie about him having a book, I completely understand why few people have any understanding as to a) why the cops where interacting with him, and b) why they took the actions they took.

It's why I'm excited that our agency plans to start running a Citizens Academy next year. I've been complaining how we don't have one for awhile. Problem is we may not have anyone to run it as we have officers leaving the department akin to rats on a sinking ship. thumbsdown

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Wow Devil, your colleagues bailing is a concern for our society.

But, hey, can anyone blame them? Most probably have a family and kids counting on them to be there. When the risks outweigh the benefits, some will find it in their best interest to move on.

Please stay safe and know that the majority of thinking and law abiding American citizens appreciate and respect the job you do and realize the necessity and importance of it.

God Bless!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sergeant killing a 'calculated execution,' LA County sheriff says

LOS ANGELES – A gunman first shot and wounded a Los Angeles County sheriff's sergeant before standing over him and pumping four bullets into his body, Sheriff Jim McDonnell says

The new comments came Thursday in the death of Sgt. Steven Owen, which McDonnell called a "calculated execution."

The 53-year-old Owen was shot while responding to a report of a burglary in progress Wednesday at an apartment building in Lancaster.

Owen went behind the building, where the gunman shot him with a stolen gun then stood over his body and fired four more times, McDonnell said at a news conference.

"He then unsuccessfully searched the body for the sergeant's weapon, with the intent to use it to murder the first responding deputy," the sheriff said.

Trenton Trevon Lovell, 27, of Lancaster was arrested in the killing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/07/la-county-sheriff-sergeant-killing-calculated-execution.html

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
This type of ignorance should have its own thread

http://people.com/crime/female-police-of...lvania-reports/

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
thats not even in this country saywhat

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/10/...out-by-suspect/

Wonder how many of these have to do with drugs? Interesting

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/02/23/police-officer-injured-in-shooting-identified/

Sorry! These incidents are just as important as any other. Difference is we don't see chaos, insanity and rioting in the streets and destruction of personal property.

Time to begin discussing these issues as well.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Lurker

Yes. I know. But this entire world seems unsettled and violent.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
Originally Posted By: Lurker

Yes. I know. But this entire world seems unsettled and violent.

It's all the fault of BLM. Now they're ruining the world.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think it has more to do w/lawlessness, lack of respect for authority, entitlement, lack of accountability, drug use, poverty, and dysfunctional families.

But, that's just me.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think it has more to do w/lawlessness, lack of respect for authority, entitlement, lack of accountability, drug use, poverty, and dysfunctional families.

But, that's just me.

So basically government corruption.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Play your immature, petty games w/someone else. I'm not in the mood.

P
Legend
Legend
P

But, that's just me.

I believe a lot of it boils down to this.....

When you live within a system that doesn't work, you create your own system.

Our system is broken. Prosecutors are politicians. They are elected. In most cases, their objective is to have an extremely high conviction rate for the purpose of getting re-elected. That isn't what the justice system should be focused on.

And the evidence is clear that minorities get much stiffer sentences on average than whites for the same crimes. At some point that will create anarchy.

I don't uphold the violence and crime associated with such anarchy, yet on some level I understand it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree that the system is broken. We just disagree on which side is more broken.

We are teaching our kids in school that it is okay to defy authority. We are teaching them that they don't have to follow rules. We are teaching them that they are entitled to things w/out working for them. We are teaching them coming from an unstable family gives them more rights. We are teaching them work ethic doesn't mean much.

Then, we wonder why these same people have problems w/the law later on.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have to say that when I was young and growing up, mainly in the 70's, we thought the exact same way. Now you are correct we may not have been taught that way, even though my history teacher did agree with me about questioning authority, many of us were quite rebellious.

I'm not really sure we are disagreeing. I certainly am disgusted with the violence and crime associated with what people are doing in the name of what they see as injustice. What they are doing is doling out injustice to many that have nothing to do with it.

Understanding what's behind their actions and agreeing with their actions are two entirely different things my friend.

I will however remind you of the violence associated with the Vietnam war, the Weather Underground and Kent state. This really isn't anything new.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Socrates said this eons ago, Vers. Pitt is right. This isn't anything new.

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”
― Socrates

V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree w/your latest post. I was disputing that all the blame goes on the cops and how people ignore that our excuse-making, entitlement-building society is a real problem.

I question authority, but I also respect authority. I also don't expect handouts. I was very poor growing up, we never asked for a thing and we didn't talk about it w/anyone. Our answer was to work harder.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly agree with you. That's how I was raised as well.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Rocket, I am not talking about the children. I am talking about the system that is harming the children.

I don't blame the children. They are just acting accordingly to how they are being raised.

Throwing bricks off of bridges, beating up random people, destroying property, looting, setting fires, spitting in the face of a police officer you never even met, etc, etc are NOT answers!

They simply further the divide!

Legend
Legend

But, that's just me.

Nope, I agree with that, and add that a lack of Faith is another factor.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”
― Socrates

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

― Socrates

I wonder if they were killing Law Enforcement when Socrates said what he said. I don't think things are the same at all.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

― Socrates

I wonder if they were killing Law Enforcement when Socrates said what he said. I don't think things are the same at all.

I bet that has happened throughout history as well.

The Roman Empire controlled a huge part of the world in the time of Jesus. There were Jews, the Zealots, who violently opposed Roman rule.

I bet it was the same in other parts of the Empire.

Any time there is a power, someone will oppose it.

Legend
Legend
yea, good point.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

― Socrates

Of course they were. You think criminals were just giving themselves up to law enforcement in ancient Athens? They just put their hands over their head, say some aphorism and then haul themselves to jail? No way.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Oklahoma cop shoots unarmed black man

Link Copied to Clipboard