Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
K
kwhip Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
K
Yeah, baby!

Part of me wants us to clinch at home Tuesday. Part of me wants to see the crowds at Hopkins Int'l watching and greeting the plane as it lands. That was awesome for the Cavs.

Decisions lol.

Is this true? Just saw Madden told the Cub's to show up at 5:30 for a 7:00 start time. Talk about raising the White Flag.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
https://twitter.com/WahooWarriors?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Great Twitter feed

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Yeah, baby!

Part of me wants us to clinch at home Tuesday. Part of me wants to see the crowds at Hopkins Int'l watching and greeting the plane as it lands. That was awesome for the Cavs.

Decisions lol.

Is this true? Just saw Madden told the Cub's to show up at 5:30 for a 7:00 start time. Talk about raising the White Flag.

That was a question I had for local people.

Sacrifice tonight for a possible win in Cleveland?

Win at all costs, we'll party later?

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Another fun game to watch if you are a fan of the Indians. I was worried that about Kluber not having enough rest, but he really settled in after a shaky beginning.

Oh, I paid attention to the so-called bias for the Cubs by Fox that some of you mentioned. I truly did not hear any bias at all. It got me to thinking that perhaps you guys are just used to hearing the Tribe's announcers doing game, who would obviously have their own built-in bias and objective announcers probably just seem to be biased.

Regardless, the Indians are playing great baseball and it's been a lot of fun to watch. I'm hoping they win another championship for Cleveland.

L
Legend
Legend
L
You want it over with, no matter if it's in Chicago or Cleveland.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
K
kwhip Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

No doubt. Never take a power team like Chicago for granted.

Our foot's on their jugular. Put pressure on it!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, win where ever you can. Could be a tough pitching match-up though w/Bauer vs Lester.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Once you have the toughest kid on the block down, you cannot let them off the floor. There's no "lets win it at home" sentiment. If we let the Cubs off the floor tonight, we'll be facing Arrieta and Hendricks on full rest, with Tomlin and Kluber on short rest. Win it now.

Legend
Legend

That's the way I am... I don't want the cubs to have any hope!

<><

#gmstrong
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Oh, I paid attention to the so-called bias for the Cubs by Fox that some of you mentioned. I truly did not hear any bias at all. It got me to thinking that perhaps you guys are just used to hearing the Tribe's announcers doing game, who would obviously have their own built-in bias and objective announcers probably just seem to be biased.

Its not bias just Buck, but the constant fan shots praying or old fans, got old after the 1454 time , after every single pitch, dugout shots of Cubs nonstop. The 7th inning singing (Vaughn and Murry)even on the Cubs board they were like enough already. Win or lose tonite we come home and can be done with Wrigley gfor good.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

I guess its something they have done all year when they went through slumps / losing streaks - they call it "Show Up and Play". I think Joe Maddon is trying to unpucker their sphincters.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Quote:

I guess its something they have done all year when they went through slumps / losing streaks - they call it "Show Up and Play". I think Joe Maddon is trying to unpucker their sphincters.
Yeah, he's notorious for doing this ... get away and just swing away when you get here

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Speaking of players being uptight, part of me would really like to see Ryan Merritt get the start tonight. The Cubs' hitters are all going to be trying to hit 5-run homers, and I'd love to see them screwing themselves into the ground facing Merrit's changing speeds from pitch to pitch. Plus he's a huge contrast from Kluber's power arm last night. In any case, I hope Tito's has Bauer on a very short leash, with Merritt being told to be ready at the first sign of trouble.

Legend
Legend
totally agree ... I'd pitch merritt way before Bauer

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
totally agree ... I'd pitch merritt way before Bauer

Same here.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I feel like they dialed it back quite a bit last night. They probably started hearing all the feedback about the bias. Heck, I heard some guy created a wedding registry for Schwarber and Buck. Or maybe there just wasn't that much to "cheer" about? Buck, who's notorious for being boring when calling big moments, got about excited as I ever seen him when the Cubs were scoring runs in the first few games. Even when they were down, they'd get a base-runner or two, and you'd hear "And here come the Cubs!" ... right before they'd strand guys on base.

On a side note, this is probably how Warriors fans felt watching the national broadcast for the Cavs. laugh

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Theme for tonite will be curse, goat, Bartman ect and of course Bauer finger

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Yeah, baby!

Decisions lol.

Win when you can and in any way, any shape, any form and in any place. Drag it out and the window for winning narrows. Lets finish tonight.

Saying that, I can't believe the Cubs at 103 wins this season are going to be swept at home. I fully expect it to return to CLE.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W

No doubt. Never take a power team like Chicago for granted.

Our foot's on their jugular. Put pressure on it!

Agreed and agreed!!

Just win, whenever the opportunity presents itself. I live in Parkersburg, WV. My wife and I will probably be the only ones in a five mile radius celebrating...

So, I don't care where, but IF/WHEN they win the next one.

#gmstrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oh, I paid attention to the so-called bias for the Cubs by Fox that some of you mentioned. I truly did not hear any bias at all.

This is one thing I heard that I could not believe what I was hearing. They showed the cubs manager and talked about the cubs and mentioned him by name. Then they show a shot of of the Cleveland dugout and said "The manager for the other team" They wouldnt even say his or the teams name! "The manager for the other team"!

Joe Thomas #73
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yup, every game I watched so far on Fox, it was very easy to tell the Bias. I was also reminded that Joe Buck is one of the worst announcers in this history of the freaking sport. He is flat out terrible and I DO NOT understand how he still has his job. I'm sick of him slobbering all of Schwarber. If you didn't know any better its like the guy won the medal of honor or something. He was just injured and came back, it happens all the time actually. willynilly

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
K
kwhip Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
K
Yeah. We've got Bauer, Merritt, Salazar ready. If we've got a lead later, Miller goes 1 inning. Then I believe we'll see Shaw and Allen close it out.

This will go down as one of the greatest World Series Wins of all time.

Down Brantley and Gomes. Down our #2,#3 starters and our #4 starters pitching hand busted wide open. We devour 3 of the most potent offensive teams in baseball and 2 of whom have both potent offense and pitching in Toronto and Chicago.

Sorry Cubbies fans. THAT'S the story of this post season, NOT your 108 year debacle!

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
It wasn't that long ago the Cavs over came a 3-1 difference. I will be on edge until we get our 4th win.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: nordawg
It wasn't that long ago the Cavs over came a 3-1 difference. I will be on edge until we get our 4th win.

Kind of how I feel about it

<><

#gmstrong
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W

This team feels so different from the '95 or '97 teams. Back then, I believed that we would find a way to lose and we did. The Cavs showed the world that Cleveland is capable of being a championship city and that we can have teams of destiny!!

With this team, I believe that we will be World Series champs when this series is over whether it ends tonight or in game 7. We are playing loose with reckless abandon. They are playing tight and not being patient. I think guys like Kipnis, Lindor, and Ramirez will not let us play tight because they still act like a bunch of kids playing a kid's game.

Last edited by WVDawg54; 10/30/16 11:13 AM.

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
yep

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Most definitely, I feel that with the win last night, it is inevitable that the Indians win the world series. If it doesn't happen today it will the next game.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Yup, every game I watched so far on Fox, it was very easy to tell the Bias. I was also reminded that Joe Buck is one of the worst announcers in this history of the freaking sport. He is flat out terrible and I DO NOT understand how he still has his job. I'm sick of him slobbering all of Schwarber. If you didn't know any better its like the guy won the medal of honor or something. He was just injured and came back, it happens all the time actually. willynilly

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
Speaking of players being uptight, part of me would really like to see Ryan Merritt get the start tonight. The Cubs' hitters are all going to be trying to hit 5-run homers, and I'd love to see them screwing themselves into the ground facing Merrit's changing speeds from pitch to pitch. Plus he's a huge contrast from Kluber's power arm last night. In any case, I hope Tito's has Bauer on a very short leash, with Merritt being told to be ready at the first sign of trouble.

What about starting Salazar?

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W

I know you addressed Dave for this, but I don't think it's a good idea to start Salazar in this series. He hasn't pitched a meaningful full game since September 9th. I think we bring him in for some long relief. If Bauer struggles, I wouldn't be surprised to see him early.

#gmstrong.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I was asking everyone. You made a good point.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

I really think Tito is approaching tonight as a bullpen game, so it doesn't matter that much who starts as long as the game doesn't get out of hand early. Truthfully, that's what makes me nervous about Bauer. He is capable of being dominant, but he might just as likely have a meltdown of epic proportions. He pitches emotionally - the opposite of Kluber. Bauer might walk a guy, give up a bloop single, hit the next guy, and then, when you can see the steam coming out of his ears, give up a blast. His emotions seem to snowball once things go a little wrong. That's the main reason I'd start Merritt, then follow with Bauer in the 4th or 5th. Salazar could easily be in that mix too, but it bugs me that he really isn't able to throw his breaking ball due to the torque it puts on his still-healing forearm flexor. The Cubs eat fastballs, we need to frustrate them with slop.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
The thing I will say is Bauer is usually better on the road, maybe his finger has healed more since the last start, a fitting end would be Bauer throwing a gem vs Lester.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Danny's only using two pitches. He's shutdown his curveball due to the arm strain issue, and only uses the changeup in certain situations. We'd basically throw a guy out there to toss high heat, and nothing else; sounds like a recipe for disaster given Danny's current limitations.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Hue just had a ruling overtunred on a challenge. I believe that all the signs are pointing to a big win tonight.

#gmstrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Danny's only using two pitches. He's shutdown his curveball due to the arm strain issue, and only uses the changeup in certain situations. We'd basically throw a guy out there to toss high heat, and nothing else; sounds like a recipe for disaster given Danny's current limitations.

I agree. Cubs are a fastball hitting team. Better to feed them a steady diet of breaking balls. Salazar has an excellent changeup, but without his curveball it may not be the best matchup.

For some reason, I have a good feeling about Bauer tonight. He needs a quick first inning to settle down. We need the Bauer that pitched 5 incredible innings in relief against the Blue Jays during that 19inning epic back in July.

Legend
Legend
Let's go Tribe!

Close it out tonight and we can get a jump on the celebration right away. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Indians World Series con't!

Link Copied to Clipboard