Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
1st String
1st String
D
A pass rushing component would greatly improve our pass defense. We really need to set the edge and pressure from the perimeter.

Great pick up.

Just the dawg in me..........
All Pro
All Pro
The way I saw the trade explained on ESPN is as such

The Pats did not intend to sign him at the $ he is said to want. They would have let him walk...and most likely received a 3rd round pick in 2018

So they trade him to the Browns for a 2017 3rd round pick

The Browns get him for 8 games in 2017...and the chance to sign him long term which they most likely will do....but if they don't....he leaves...and the Browns will get that 3rd round comp pick in 2018.

Really was a win/win for Cleveland. Get the talent in the building...kick the tires..at best get a very good young talent..and at worse just traded a 2017 for a 2018 plus 8 games

HACK

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If he is a freelancer then you just let him blitz like crazy. Horton loves to blitz so I can imagine he is drooling right now.

I'd rather have a freelancer that gets results than what we have now that is failing to hold a lead. Hell I'll give up a 3rd round pick all day to secure a chance at this badboy. Time to open up the wallet and meet those cap spending requirements!!!

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
If we lock him up long-term, this is WAY better than the unknown of a third or fourth-round draft pick. I'm cautiously optimistic about this move as it pertains to beyond this season, but Collins might now be our best player on D and fills a glaring weakness.

Might be?? .. *L* ... its not EVEN CLOSE ...

Lol, I was trying to be kind

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree this was a good trade for us, a win win situation from what I have read. Who knows, he could become a leader for us on D.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
Hold up. Jason LaConfora AND Michael Lombardi hate a Browns move? No way.

https://twitter.com/DawgsByNature/status/793470203258507265

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
There might be hope after all, as shockingly Lombardi and me agree on something, lol. He's basically making the same arguments I deducted yesterday:

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/11/jamie-collins-browns-patriots-contract

After trading for the pending free agent, the Browns are obviously looking to lock Collins up for the long term. Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (on Twitter) hears that Collins is looking to eclipse the $12.36MM/year that Luke Kuechly is making on his current deal with the Panthers. Collins’ camp views him as a hybrid player and will push for a deal that would put him in the top four amongst all linebackers in terms of AAV. Collins reportedly told the Patriots that he wanted “Von Miller money” at one point during talks, so it sounds like his demands have come back down to earth a little bit.

Meanwhile, former Pats assistant Mike Lombardi discussed the Collins deal on the latest edition of The Bill Simmons Podcast (audio link). During the interview, Lombardi shed some light on why New England was willing to bail on the talented linebacker in the middle of the season:

“The one thing you have to do, Donnie Walsh said this to me in 1990s, or the late 80s, ‘You’ve got to know what you’re trading before you make a trade.’ And that’s the one caveat that Belichick knows; he knows what he’s trading. He’s trading a guy who is very talented, but very moody, very inconsistent with his effort, and so for him to pay that player that type of money sends a message to the locker room that, look, I tolerate this and I reward this. He’s never doing that. And when Belichick, every message he sends in terms of a contract is a message to the locker room.”

So Collins will fit right in. Slack your way to an 8 figure contract. 12+ per year? That's more than one million for every sack in his four year CAREER.

Since he was basically available for nothing, this means the Browns were the only team willing (or dumb enough) to give him close to that kind of money.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Belli's yes man agrees with Belli's decisions. STOP THE PRESSES!! lol

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Belichick ally Mike Lombardi rips Jamie Collins’ lack of effort

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2016, 12:28 PM EDT
link

Patriots coach Bill Belichick is far too tight-lipped to offer a candid explanation of why he decided to trade linebacker Jamie Collins to the Browns. But a media member who knows Belichick well says it’s simple: Collins is playing like a dog, and Belichick wanted to get rid of him.

Mike Lombardi, who worked for Belichick in both Cleveland and New England, said Collins isn’t playing well enough and isn’t trying hard enough.

“Watch the tape. Jamie has not played particularly well,” Lombardi said on WEEI. “Sometimes freelancing is a problem, and I think sometimes effort is a problem.”

Lombardi said Collins’ status as a soon-to-be free agent had nothing to do with the decision, and he indicated that Collins has been told before that he needs to work harder.

“This is about football,” he said. “This is about watching the player. Grade the player. People have a perception. You’re arguing based on perception. If you studied the game tape and you understood the defense, and you understood everything that’s going on, you would understand this is a football decision. . . . Jamie Collins, I’ve said this to this kid before when I was there. . . . When he wants to play and he’s really into it, he can be a very good player. Now, is there something going on in his life that I don’t know about? But through eight games as a Patriot this season he had not been playing at a level that’s acceptable to winning and beating good teams. The conversation we’re having isn’t about beating Landry Jones and the Pittsburgh Steelers. It’s about beating Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers in a championship game.”

Told that Pro Football Focus has given Collins strong grades, Lombardi scoffed.

“Who is doing the grading? Evaluate the evaluator,” he said. “I would rather go with Bill Belichick’s evaluation than Pro Football Focus.”

As Lombardi repeatedly questioned Collins’ production and praised Belichick’s decision to cut bait on him, one of the WEEI hosts told him, “It does feel like you’re doing Belichick’s bidding.” Lombardi took issue with that, but his comments did sound like he was offering an opinion he knows Belichick shares, even if Belichick won’t say so publicly.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As Lombardi repeatedly questioned Collins’ production and praised Belichick’s decision to cut bait on him, one of the WEEI hosts told him, “It does feel like you’re doing Belichick’s bidding.” Lombardi took issue with that, but his comments did sound like he was offering an opinion he knows Belichick shares, even if Belichick won’t say so publicly.

This part in the article is why I take the entire thing with a HUGE grain of salt. Lombardi was sent out to do PR by Bill.....not the first time and won't be the last.

This kid might work out or he might not. The talent is there no doubt, but there is also ???s as well. I do know nothing Lombardi says will make me believe he can or can not be a long term solution.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
They offered him 11 mil per year, so let's not pretend they were completely done with him and he's some bum..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
They offered him 11 mil per year, so let's not pretend they were completely done with him and he's some bum..

Exactly +1 thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

Exactly, apparently they liked his free lancing enough to offer him an 8 figure salary.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Vintage Mike Lombardi. He's a bought-and-paid-for crap-weasel who has made a living starting whisper campaigns against players, coaches, and front office people that he thinks stand in the way of his maximizing his position in any given organization. This goes back to the "lowlights" video he put together for Belichick and Modell when they deep-sixed Kosar. Why did Banner want Lombardi gone? Because he knew what he is and will always be, a complete douchebag.

One thing I really hate about the NFL is the way teams will try to justify bailing on a player whom they don't want to pay what he has coming by chipping away at his reputation/character with back-channel BS about his "work ethic" or stuff like him being a "clubhouse cancer" (watch - that'll be next about Collins). The way I see it, we got what will be the best player on our defense for what amounts to a 4th round pick.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dave
Vintage Mike Lombardi. He's a bought-and-paid-for crap-weasel who has made a living starting whisper campaigns against players, coaches, and front office people that he thinks stand in the way of his maximizing his position in any given organization. This goes back to the "lowlights" video he put together for Belichick and Modell when they deep-sixed Kosar. Why did Banner want Lombardi gone? Because he knew what he is and will always be, a complete douchebag.

One thing I really hate about the NFL is the way teams will try to justify bailing on a player whom they don't want to pay what he has coming by chipping away at his reputation/character with back-channel BS about his "work ethic" or stuff like him being a "clubhouse cancer" (watch - that'll be next about Collins). The way I see it, we got what will be the best player on our defense for what amounts to a 4th round pick.

we showed more class in our offseason. when our players left, for whatever reason. We didn't bash them or make them look bad.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle

This part in the article is why I take the entire thing with a HUGE grain of salt. Lombardi was sent out to do PR by Bill.....not the first time and won't be the last.

This kid might work out or he might not. The talent is there no doubt, but there is also ???s as well. I do know nothing Lombardi says will make me believe he can or can not be a long term solution.

*L* ..... Willy ... i could care less what Dumbardi says about Collins ... CARE LESS ...

But do u really think Bill gives a CRAP ABOUT PR ... uthink he cares what any of us thinks ... this man does what he wants and could give a CRAP what anyone thinks ...

He cut Bernie Kosar, the most popular player in C-town more than likely EVER for the same damm reason ...

*LOL* .... come on Willy .. u know Bill don't give a CRAP what anyone thinks ... *L* at the notion he'd send someone out to do his PR work ...

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Django, you're hilarious. No matter how good this trade is for the Browns, you're determined to cling to any scrap of info that might support your idea that this was a bad move.

Guess what...for every Lombardi, there's 10 analysts that say this was a great trade.

Anyone who thinks that Jamie Collins is not a stud linebacker has never actually watched him play.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
There might be hope after all, as shockingly Lombardi and me agree on something, lol. He's basically making the same arguments I deducted yesterday:

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/11/jamie-collins-browns-patriots-contract

After trading for the pending free agent, the Browns are obviously looking to lock Collins up for the long term. Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (on Twitter) hears that Collins is looking to eclipse the $12.36MM/year that Luke Kuechly is making on his current deal with the Panthers. Collins’ camp views him as a hybrid player and will push for a deal that would put him in the top four amongst all linebackers in terms of AAV. Collins reportedly told the Patriots that he wanted “Von Miller money” at one point during talks, so it sounds like his demands have come back down to earth a little bit.

Meanwhile, former Pats assistant Mike Lombardi discussed the Collins deal on the latest edition of The Bill Simmons Podcast (audio link). During the interview, Lombardi shed some light on why New England was willing to bail on the talented linebacker in the middle of the season:

“The one thing you have to do, Donnie Walsh said this to me in 1990s, or the late 80s, ‘You’ve got to know what you’re trading before you make a trade.’ And that’s the one caveat that Belichick knows; he knows what he’s trading. He’s trading a guy who is very talented, but very moody, very inconsistent with his effort, and so for him to pay that player that type of money sends a message to the locker room that, look, I tolerate this and I reward this. He’s never doing that. And when Belichick, every message he sends in terms of a contract is a message to the locker room.”

So Collins will fit right in. Slack your way to an 8 figure contract. 12+ per year? That's more than one million for every sack in his four year CAREER.

Since he was basically available for nothing, this means the Browns were the only team willing (or dumb enough) to give him close to that kind of money.

We haven't given him jack yet. He either fits in or he leaves in FA and we've traded a third round comp pick this year for one next year.... So we have half of a season to figure out if he's a fit in the locker room if he is a hard worker while trying to learn our system, etc. He's young and he's motivated. Let's see what he can do... If our staff thinks he's capable of excelling here then offer him a deal. If he doesn't take it we can always franchise him for a year and try to work something out over the long haul or let him walk and we're out very little. Hard to imagine why anyone would complain about acquiring talent. Especially at linebacker. We can use all the talent we can get.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Jesus, this is getting worse.

Collins is a FA after this season, so the Browns paid a 3rd and will overpay him, so he can go into Kruger-mode. Browns paid a high price just to be the first to negotiate with him, lol.

The Browns are getting dumber by the minute. Instead of paying Sheard and keep the pick, they do this, because of course the grass is always greener.

This team needs leaders, not mercenaries.Who was the last Pats player Belly let go that did anything close elsewhere?

Didn't like Collins out of college, all athleticism, no football smarts, which equates to the type of guy that plays to get a contract and then goes through the motions.

And comp 3rd? I thought comp picks can't be traded?

Have you ever complimented our FO/GM EVER...getting worse and worse??? He is a superstar OLB that was in BB's dog house. They knew they were not going to sign him we got the cap space up our gazoo if we want him here and especially if he catches the HUE JACKSON fever and wants to be here...so we pay a 27 stud OLB some bucks...how is that remotely BAD?!? You never cease to amaze me on your ego regarding being a GM...lol

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c....

Patriots assistant says Jamie Collins “freelancing” wasn’t an issue

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 2, 2016, 7:43 AM EDT

In the wake of the startling trade of linebacker Jamie Collins to Cleveland, players reacted with shock, while Bill Belichick surrogate Michael Lombardi gave the party line by saying Collins wasn’t playing hard or playing well, and that “freelancing” was part of his problem.

This week, one of Belichick’s actual assistants disagreed with that notion.

“I wouldn’t say freelancing was an issue,” linebackers coach Brian Flores said, via Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald. “Jamie was a very good player for us. He made a lot of plays. He helped us win a lot of ballgames. I keep saying that time and time again. He was a good player. Freelancing, I mean, did he make mistakes? Absolutely. But again, everyone makes mistakes. There’s not a player in the league who doesn’t make mistakes. But again, he made more plays than he made mistakes. I would say that. He was a great player for us.”

As you might imagine, players echoed those sentiments, since one of their own just got sent to football Siberia for a future draft pick in the middle of a 7-1 season.

“You’ve got to put your feelings aside, obviously,” Flores said. “We all have our own personal feelings about the situation, but at the end of the day, Bill felt like that was the best thing for the team.

“We need to move forward and deal with the adversity like we deal with any adversity.”

Describing it as an adversity sounds unusual, particularly after one of Belichick’s longtime henchmen practically threw a party for Collins’ departure. But it also makes it even more clear that the business side of the issue became the driving force in the transaction, and like the Panthers pulling the franchise tag from Josh Norman this offseason, gave them an opportunity to remind everyone who the boss was.

Article

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I'll be surprised if he sticks around very long.

Sure he is talented, probably better then any LB we have. He can't be happy with being traded here though..look at us...this trade was more Bellichik sending a message to his lockeroom:

"Either you play ball or i'll trade you to Cleveland"

Im sure Collins drank quite a bit in depression when he heard he was traded to us...just when you think the Browns can't get worse they do.

I'd like to see Collins stay, but he isn't worth 11 million dollars...in that case rent him for 8 games and let him go...we can get comparable LB talent in the 3rd and 4th rds if we actually drafted properly...no need to grossly overpay for New England's used goods.

Trust me, Bellichik knew exactly what he was getting rid of...he was being generous offering him 11 mill...Collins was just too stupid to take it...Bellichik will have him replaced with a player of similiar talent next year in the draft at a fraction of the cost...

Its the system more then the players because Bellichik has a system and actually knows what he is doing...lots of role players...everyone plays their role...you look like Superstars, but in reality your just a guy that can be replaced...Collins is a guy...nothing more...however our roster is lacking guys, let alone studs so we take what we can get..

Legend
Legend
I'm definitely skeptical of WHY he was traded. There has to be something that Belichick knows. We'll find out I guess.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I'm definitely skeptical of WHY he was traded. There has to be something that Belichick knows. We'll find out I guess.

Skeptical is a good word in this case. There's nothing wrong with casting a wary eye on this situation.

gmstrong

-----------------

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
#Browns Jamie Collins said he never asked for Von Miller money: "I'm not Von Miller. Let's be smart"

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/793838004154531840

Tackles are tackles.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I hope JC does well here and wants to stay. We can offer him a good contract that hopefully he accepts. Also, he may like that he can become a team leader here instead of being just another guy like he was in N.E.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
just when you think the Browns can't get worse they do.

Trading a 3rd/4th rounder for a 27 year old Pro Bowl LB made us worse?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:
just when you think the Browns can't get worse they do.

Trading a 3rd/4th rounder for a 27 year old Pro Bowl LB made us worse?

He must have meant worse in draft positioning.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I'm definitely skeptical of WHY he was traded. There has to be something that Belichick knows.

Yeah he knows his cap limitations and Collins wanting crazy money plus the fact that the Browns probably won't play the Patriots again for a few years as to mitigate the Collins revenge factor on Tom Brady. tongue

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
...this is kind of random, but did RG3 and Collins have a sleep over before his "introductory" press conference and do each other's hair?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
at the end of the day, I think Collins staying here will pend on what deal can be done.

Just watched his presser, and seems to me that he understands the NFL is a business, and he's gonna do what he needs to do for him.

The only positive thing he mentioned was that the atmosphere was family like, but even that was kind of forced out of him.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
...this is kind of random, but did RG3 and Collins have a sleep over before his "introductory" press conference and do each other's hair?

Wow, what is up with his hair???? crazy rofl confused eek LOL

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I got all the way through this article, and then realized it was La Canfora.. wasted moments..

Quote:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports...-android-att-us

Here's why the Browns' rationale for Jamie Collins trade doesn't make sense
By Jason La Canfora 6h ago • 3 min read
There is some bewildering chatter in the scouting community coming out of the Browns organization in the aftermath of the blockbuster trade for linebacker Jamie Collins. Specifically, the idea that Collins might end up being more of a rental in Cleveland than a sure-fire part of their long-term future, even after trading what will likely amount to a 2017 third-round pick for him.
It's a line of thinking going around within the Browns building and outside of the building, and while logic would seem to dictate this can't possibly be an eventuality for the Browns, well, this is the Browns, so you never know. If the Browns get a third-round compensatory pick in 2017, it goes to the Pats. And it's very much expected that the Browns will get that pick after letting Alex Mack and Mitchell Schwartz walk in free agency. As for Collins, if he is to seek more money in free agency (his deal expires after the season) than Cleveland thinks he's worth, then the Browns are telling people they could just let him go and recoup that third round pick in the 2018 draft, as a comp pick for Collins departing.
But that's baffling to me on several levels.
First of all, the Browns are 0-8 and have a legit shot to go 0-16. The owner, Jimmy Haslam, has done nothing but lose football games and fire people early and often, sometimes indiscriminately. It would be folly for anyone to be sitting around Berea, Ohio, crunching numbers and firing up those super computers thinking that 2017 is guaranteed to them. And the 2018 draft? Sashi Brown and the Analytics All-Stars are still going to be kicking out the jams in 2018? That's bold -- and, for many Browns fans, probably petrifying.
Personally, I think if nothing else the Browns bite the bullet and franchise Collins at a cost of around $15M. They have more cap space than they could possibly hope to spend in three offseasons, much less just one, and they have needs all over the roster. They've also spent less actual cash on payroll than most of the teams in the NFL, too. So there would be no excuse not to sign a 27-year old linebacker who has played at a Pro Bowl level in the past.
"WHY NOT JUST KEEP THE PICK, AND JUST SIGN THE PLAYER IN MARCH? IS THAT WORTH A THIRD-ROUND PICK? DID THEY THINK SOMEONE ELSE WAS GOING TO MAKE THIS TRADE IF THEY DIDN'T?"
-- An NFL scout on the Collins trade
But, it's also somewhat shocking that the Browns didn't have at least some groundwork for a contract in line when they made this trade. Multiple sources said, however, that they hadn't had any significant talks at all with Bus Cook, agent for Collins, at the time of the trade, and there isn't anything expected to come together quickly, if at all. The Browns regime's lack of strong relationships in the agent community is well documented.
What is clear is that Collins has more leverage than ever after a team just gave up a second-day pick for him, when the Browns could've just waited eight more weeks and he would've been an impending free agent who they could have signed without parting with a draft pick.
"They haven't won a game and they might not win a game, with or without Collins," said one NFL general manager. "So I get that they can evaluate Collins in their system now, and they have the ability to franchise him ... but why not just keep the pick, and just sign the player in March? Is that worth a third-round pick? Did they think someone else was going to make this trade if they didn't?"

The Browns might counter that they always have to over-spend like crazy to land free agents since the owner is always firing people and the team is perpetually rebuilding. To which I'd counter, don't think for a second you're going to get any sort of hometown discount from Collins now as he counts the days until his pay day, or franchise tag. Regardless, I was shocked by the number of people I spoke to around the league, many of whom have chatted with Browns football people, who are convinced that if Collins doesn't wow them they'll just let him walk.
"Their scouts are already talking like, 'If we don't re-sign him, we'll get a supplemental third in 2018,'" one rival exec said. "That tells me the owner still might not be spending any money and they might not sign any UFAs (unrestricted free agents) again. What they're saying internally is that if we don't re-sign him we'll get the pick back the next year."
Again, I have to think they either sign him long-term or franchise him. Guess we'll all find out this spring. But for anyone in that franchise -- which is 1-18 since last Oct. 12 and 3-26 since Thanksgiving of 2014 -- to even be thinking about 2018 compensatory picks sort of boggles my mind. Tomorrow is not guaranteed in this league. With Haslam, the next hour isn't.

Apparently Hue and the FO shouldn't make any plans for the future, ever, because they might get fired..

Ok then..

Last edited by ThatGuy; 11/02/16 07:07 PM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: article

"What they're saying internally is that if we don't re-sign him we'll get the pick back the next year."

All they're saying is that is the worst case scenario. They're not saying that is the plan going in.

LaCanfora is an ass. I really don't understand his beef with the Browns.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Apparently Hue and the FO shouldn't make any plans for the future, ever, because they might get fired..

Ok then..

Well .... in fairness ...... crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Haha, in fairness, it wouldn't be the second time

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
I hate la canfora. Can't even read his garbage anymore

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not sure how to react to this trade. I don't think it was a bad trade. But, there are a couple of things that bother me enough that I am not ready to proclaim it a good trade. Those concerns are:

--Belichick is not dumb. His team is the Super Bowl favorite. The timing of this trade is odd.

--Collins could leave right after the season.

--I am not sure about this, but I get the sense that Collins might be too much of a me player rather than a we player.

That's why I can't say it was a great trade for the Browns. However, I don't understand how it could be a bad trade. It's not like they gave up a lot.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think Beli had a Kosar moment. If you believe Collins coach and it was not because of free lancing then it may have been as simple as Ol bill just felt like Collins was saying "in your face" for playing foot loose and fancy free even though he was told to stick to the program. Somethings are just that simple.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
E
Legend
Legend
E
thumbsup

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
My biggest reason for liking this trade is lombardi ripped us.
Just remember mingo is elite and mcfadden is a player.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade for Patriots linebacker Jamie Collins

Link Copied to Clipboard