Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Maybe the NFL will have mercy and give our FO multiple picks with our #1 pick. We need it!!!

Last edited by Goose7; 11/07/16 12:22 AM.

We are terrible
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
With quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott, it appears the Dallas Cowboys have found the cornerstones of their franchise, perhaps the second comings of Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith.

And once again the Browns continued to flounder as they watched an opponent thrive with players they could have drafted.

In Oakland, it is defensive end/outside linebacker Khalil Mack and quarterback Derek Carr. In Philadelphia it is quarterback Carson Wentz.

Seemingly every week as the Browns continue their winless slide, as they repeatedly miss tackles and leave receivers and tight ends open, they face those who could have made an impact had the Browns not continued to botch the NFL Draft.

That sad situation smacked me in the face as I watched Elliott and Prescott Sunday in the Cowboys’ 35-10 victory at FirstEnergy Stadium. It was a similar feeling to the Raiders’ game in 2015, only Prescott and Elliott look like they could be even more dynamic.

......0-9.......

HOW DO YOU LIKE THE BROWNS FRONT OFFICE NOW!

Having two drafts worth of picks..14 freaking picks..“in effect, two drafts.”, Depodesta said..that was the strategy the Harvard Boys took into the 2016 draft... "more bites of the apple", Depodesta said.

The Harvard Boys drafted 5 freaking wrs, over 1/3 of their draft, starting with Cory Colman, their first round pick of the draft.
...and before someone says I'm wrong, they drafted only 4 wrs and a te...Seth Devalve played wr at Princeton...look it up. The Harvard Boys top priority in the draft was WRs.

After the Harvard Boys literally destroyed 2/5s to the offensive line during free agency, failing to retain their center, a 1st round draft pick of the Browns in 2009 and failing to retain a RT, the #37 pick of the 2012 draft...
...THE HARVARDS first attempt at fixing their "OLine screw-ups", was midway through the 3rd round, picking an "injured" and "recovering from knee surgery" Shon Coleman, OT/Auburn...an OL prospect who spent 2011, 2012 recovering from cancer/leukemia...what could go wrong?
...THE HARVARDS second attempt at addressing their free agency OLine screw-ups was to wait until the end of the 5th round, taking a OG, Spencer Drango.

NOW, YESTERDAY, the Browns got their asses kicked by the Dallas Cowboys OFFENSIVE LINE...an offensive line that "protects" their rookie QB and opens holes for their rookie RB...making both players look like two of the stars in the NFL in 2016.

Lets look at the draft priority and overall priority the Cowboys put on their offensive line...

LT...Tyron Smith..1st round pick (#9) of 2011..locked up with an 8 year contract until 2024, currently the highest paid LT in the NFL.

LG...La'el Collins..1st round talent before being questioned by Louisiana State police in connection to the murder of a woman he was linked to, previously. He went undrafted and the Cowboys did their research and felt he was worth the risk. Collins started 11 games as a rookie and started the first 3 games this season. Currently Collins is out for the year with a knee injury and the Cowboys now rely their quality backups.

CENTER...Travis Frederick...1st round pick 2013 draft. In 2016 the Cowboys re-signed Frederick to 6 yr extension, currently the highest paid Center in the NFL.

RG...Zack Martin...1st round pick 2014 draft (#16)..2x ProBowl & All Pro 2014,2015.

RT...Doug Free...4th round pick 2007..since 2010, started every game except for 5 games in 2014, due to fractured ankle/foot injury.

So, there is the blueprint for building an offense where the QB is not getting beat up (sacked/hit) or running for his life, allowing your QB to be productive...

...the Cowboys OLine is tied for 1st in least QB sacks allowed, with 11 sacks and 6th in QB hits with 31.
...the WRs/TEs are productive ranking 18th
...the Dallas running game is #1 in team rushing as well as individual rushing
...Prescott QB rating...#9 in the NFL, 104.2

Place the highest draft priority on building the Browns offensive line. Stop trying to build an offensive line "on the cheap", with low round talent. The odds are, drafting 1st and 2nd round talent will lead to players who start sooner and develop into to Pro talent sooner.

The current Browns OLine must be replaced over the next two years. Stop trying to trade Joe Thomas..stop creating more holes to fill.
...add someone to the draft staff that knows how to judge OLine talent. The Harvardes have no clue when it comes to judging offensive line talent.
...Center...The #1 priority should be to draft the best center in the 2017 draft, but that does not mean that a center should be drafted over the best OT talent.
...LT..Joe Thomas will be retiring within the next 3-5 yrs, so draft his replacement "now" and put him at RT. ...RT..Shon Coleman...hopefully will develop into a starting RT in a couple of years..but his health is a concern.
...LG...Bitonio, while talented, might not be dependable. If a player is not on the field due to injury, you must look for more dependable talent.
...RG...Greco must be replaced in the next 2 yrs. Can Drango take over one of the OG positions in the next two years?..who knows?

This is not rocket science folks...since the Harvardes lack in football experience, all they need to do is be honest about their ability judge talent and look to those teams that have built successful teams and follow their blue print.

Browns priorities for the 2017 draft should be..OLine, DBs, LBs, DLine.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Can you just say you want them fired and be done with it?

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
memp..when did I ever say I wanted "ANYONE" fired?

...tell me!

I have no doubt that analytics has a place in Pro football, so I would keep them all. But I constantly recommended that the owner recognize the weaknesses of those he put in charge...and address their lack of "football experience".

Not rocket science...the Harvardes lack in actual football experience. We have a Harvard lawyer in charge of the 53 and front office...and a baseball guy in charge of franchise strategy.

I suggest you address franchise priorities and what needs to change rather than focusing on firing people.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mac
memp..when did I ever say I wanted "ANYONE" fired?

...tell me!

I have no doubt that analytics has a place in Pro football, so I would keep them all. But I constantly recommended that the owner recognize the weaknesses of those he put in charge...and address their lack of "football experience".

Not rocket science...the Harvardes lack in actual football experience. We have a Harvard lawyer in charge of the 53 and front office...and a baseball guy in charge of franchise strategy.

I suggest you address franchise priorities and what needs to change rather than focusing on firing people.

You haven't....which is why I'm asking you to just come out and say it. You aren't fooling anyone. You want them gone, just admit it.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
U say it every day when u make statements like ... "they let 2/5ths of the OL walk" ... it was actually 1/5th Mac ...

They never had a shot with Mack ... he wanted to go somewhere to win ... then he decided to give us a chance .. we had a meeting with him witch i'm sure we made a "decent" offer for him .. no sense throwing MORE MONEY at him than others (although we may have done that .. we simply don't know) ... because for Mack this was not a MONEY ISSUE ... it was a I WANT TO WIN ISSUE ...

He ended up going to Atl. Where he had a previous relationship with Shanny ...

I THINK THIS FO SUCKS AND IS DOOMED TO FAIL ... but saying they let Mack walk .. its BS ... and WRONG to do ... its just NOT TRUE!!!

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The Browns front office had a year to get Mack extended and they let him walk because they had an "ace in hole"...they judged.

The Browns had already drafted Macks replacement, Cameron Erving...a guy who had started 5 games at center, in college.

Got some news for everyone...starting 5 games at center does not qualify anyone to be classified as a center.

It was the knowledge and experience of the Browns front office that judged Erving as Mack's replacement.

Mack knew what he was facing here in Cleveland with the new "analytics" front office. Any way you chose to slice it, Mack and Schwartz were not resigned by this front office.

The front office judged Erving as a center, which he is not. The new front office misjudged OLine talent at RT and at the Center position and now must begin to rebuild the OLine.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
The Browns front office had a year to get Mack extended and they let him walk because they had an "ace in hole"...they judged.

The Browns had already drafted Macks replacement, Cameron Erving...a guy who had started 5 games at center, in college.

Has nothing to do with your Harvard Boys. And simply because Brown was here during the past FO has very little to do with it, IMO. He's was in a different role then. Not signing Mack "one year out" was something Farmer couldn't/wouldn't do. My guess the opting out of his contract in 2014 (and any other conversations that happened in the interim) illustrated where the Browns and Mack were. Erving was a Farmer pick.

But to say the above, and blame it on your Harvard Boys, is inaccurate.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
7-9

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Legend
Legend
D
Ya Mac .... more BS ....

If i recall correctly .... did Mack not opt out of his contract? ...

And unless things have changed ... we COULDN'T FORCE him to sign ... DURING or AFTER the season ....

The problem here was the previous contract he signed that allowed him to opt out after 3 or 4 years of it ... maybe even two ....

Don't let the FACTS get in your way MAC ... u never have in the past ....

I've posted more to U in the last 2 weeks than i have the last 10 years .. and just like last time i posted to U ...

MY HEAD HURTS .... later man ...

I actually agree with alot of stuff u say about the Harvard Boys ...

BUT THIS IS BS!!!! C ya ...

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:

memp...when did the Harvard Boys take over?

Wasn't Sashi in the front office, in charge of player contract negotiations and salary cap, since 2013?

Depodesta began in early Jan and Sashi has been with the Browns since 2013..and I think negotiating contracts was past of job description.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote]But to say the above, and blame it on your Harvard Boys, is inaccurate.

Wasn't Sashi in the front office, in charge of player contract negotiations and salary cap, since 2013?

Depodesta began in early Jan and Sashi has been with the Browns since 2013..and I think negotiating contracts was past of job description.
[/quot]

Can you prove just because the were there at the time they had the AUTHORITY AND POWER to decide who stayed , who they would re-sing and who they would let walk in 2013?

You try to use HALF TRUTHS TO SUPPORT YOUR BS.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I'm going to cut to the chase, diam...these two in charge don't know crap about what it takes to build a successful football franchise, especially how to build an offensive line!!!

Mack was not a priority for the Hboys...they didn't give a damn about trying to retain him because they thought they had his replacement on the roster.

You think Mack didn't realize where he stood with Sashi and Haslam? Mack knew they would not seriously try to retain him because of Erving. The Browns drafted Erving to show Mack that he had no leverage over the franchise if he did chose to opt out.

Haslam and Sashi were never going to make a serious effort to keep Mack...so Mack and his agent moved on.

Now, you tell me, did Haslam and Sashi judge correctly, that Erving would replace Mack at center and the Browns would never miss Mack. That WAS THEIR PLAN and like just about everything Haslam touches, it blew up in their face...just another GROSS MISJUDGEMENT by those in charge of running this franchise.

However the Hboys did it, the result was, the front office misjudged the center position and now the Browns are faced with finding a center and a rt.

Looking ahead, what do I believe is going to happen after the season...Depodesta will again ignore the OLine, turning the RT over to Shon Colman and go with one of the other hold overs at center, Austin Reiter...and refuse to address the OLine in the next draft.

As long as Depodesta has a body at every position and they are under contract, he considers his job done. The man has never had to judge football talent and it shows this season...he hasn't got a clue.

If he is not capable of changing his approach and asking for help to judge the talent and goes it alone...next year will be Depodesta's last and someone else will be left with the mess Depodesta has made.

The deal that lead to Mack leaving...it was not a one year thing...but more like a 3yr plan by the Browns to replace Mack, rather than negotiate another expensive contract with him.

Mack knew he was gone when the Browns drafted Erving.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Vambo
[quote=mac]
Quote:

[/quot]

Can you prove just because the were there at the time they had the AUTHORITY AND POWER to decide who stayed , who they would re-sing and who they would let walk in 2013?

read.... link

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote=mac]
Quote:

[/quot]

read.... link

So NO Sashi or Depodesta had the authority to decide who stayed , re-signed or who was released.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Can you just say you want them fired and be done with it?

He doesn't have to. Hue, His Staff, Sashi, and Depodesta are doing a good job of firing themselves.

No coach or front office in the history of the NFL has survived an 0-16 season or not winning a single game. Our owner canned Chud and Norv Turner for only winning 4 games....i honestly don't think this team will win even one game.

This is single handly the worst team in the history of the Cleveland Browns organization dating back to the 1920's.

I fully expect them to go 0-16, and i fully expect our front office and coaching staff to be broomed out the door shortly after....they have shown absolutely nothing....seeing 1 year of this garbage is enough, they surely don't want to see a second...They are not showing them anything or any reason for our inept ownership to keep them around.

This is where our owner meets his junction point...the key to this whole thing.

He needs to have a long sit down with owners like Kraft, Rooney, etc....and find an NFL executive(someone who has worked under a successful system for a long time) and fill the position that Joe Banner used to hold(we should have kept Banner BTW he did know what he was doing) and let that guy run things from there.

Let him hire the GM, let him and the GM hire the coach and actually put in a viable NFL front office full of football guys being lead by a guy who was grown in a successful respectable footbal program.

Sashi, Depodesta are both jokes and will run this franchise further into the ground to the point they may never receover...I honestly don't think Hue is a bad coach, but anyone who knows what they are doing is going to want to hire their own guy, just how it is. Hue should have waited just 1 more year and then he would have had a better opportunity...its a shame because I like Hue, and with a viable front office he probably would have been successful here..but Depodesta and Sashi set him up for failure and they should be fired the day the season ends for their outright incompetence.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I still haven't found anywhere that Sashi or Depodesta had the authority to FORCE players who didn't want to be here to stay. willynilly

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
7-9 0-16

You spelled it wrong.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I guess Sashi is to blame for Mack getting the transition tag and signing a contract with JAX that allowed him to opt out this year? Yeah, let's not blame Joe Banner and Lombardi for that one. And for drafting Erving? That's Sashi's fault too?

You're fishing. There's other stuff to knock this FO on. This ain't one of them.

Just say you want them fired, mac. We all know that's what you want.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
He needs to have a long sit down with owners like Kraft, Rooney, etc....and find an NFL executive(someone who has worked under a successful system for a long time) and fill the position that Joe Banner used to hold(we should have kept Banner BTW he did know what he was doing) and let that guy run things from there.

1. One of the first things he did was meet with those owners-- at least Kraft. And you don't think as a minority owner of the Steelers he wasn't aware of the Rooney's approach to franchise building? C'mon. He does what he wants and it's not been effective overall while here in Cleveland.

2. Banner? LOL. He's trolling people on twitter now. If anyone thought he was good, he'd be employed by a team. Even Lombardi was able to gain employment in personnel after he was fired. Even Lombardi!!

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Browns Hoping To Sign WR Terrelle Pryor & LB Jamie Collins To Extensions By End Of Year

Jason Cole of B/R spoke with two sources who said that the Browns want to get a long-term extension in place with WR Terrelle Pryor or LB Jamie Collins by the end of the season.

Cleveland is, obviously, hoping to retain both players but if they can one of them under contract in the coming months, it would allow them to franchise the other player and continue to work on an extension.
According to Cole, the Browns have spoken to Pryor regarding a new contract but his source says that talks are still in the early stages.
Collins, 27, is a former second-round pick of the Patriots back in 2013. The Patriots surprisingly traded him to the Browns for a conditional 2018 fourth-round pick that can become a 2017 third-round compensatory pick, depending on whether Cleveland receives one next year.

Collins is currently in the final year of his four-year, $3.761 million contract and set to make a base salary of $917,865 for the 2016 season.

In 2016, Collins has appeared in eight games for the Patriots and recorded 51 tackles, one sack, two interceptions, a forced fumble and three pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 12 edge rusher out of 111 qualifying players.

Pryor, 27, was taken by the Raiders in the third round of the 2011 supplemental draft. He lasted a little over three years in Oakland before he was traded to the Seahawks for a seventh-round pick that ultimately became DB Jonathan Dowling.

Pryor briefly played for the Chiefs and Bengals before later being claimed off of waivers by the Browns. Cleveland elected to cut him loose to make room for RB Robert Turbin last year before bringing him back.

The Browns signed him to a one-year, $1.67 million restricted deal this past March, which means he’ll be an unrestricted free agent next year.

So far this season, Pryor has appeared in nine games and caught 46 passes for 579 yards receiving and four touchdowns to go along with 21 yards rushing and a touchdown. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 19 wide receiver out of 116 qualifying players.

http://nfltraderumors.co/browns-hoping-s...xtensions-year/

Tackles are tackles.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Lombardi actually wasn't that bad compared to whom we have had since.

Banner is retired now. Banner hired Andy Reid and Co and set thing sup in Philly for quite sometime...Banner does know what he was doing...rumors are he was against getting rid of Chud and Turner, and thats why he left....Banner knew we were moving in the right direction.

Had our owner listened to Banner Chud and Turner would still be here and we would be competing for the division title right now...Manziel would have never been drafted...same old Browns just can't get ut of their own way.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, let's reward an idiot that lamented his way out of NE and that WR that is getting a big head and showed off his HC in front of everyone by talking crap to him after he caught a TD.

Just the kind of guys to turn this around.

After apathy and numbness, I'm just left with amazement. How much more idiocy is even possible?

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
M
Legend
Legend
M
Lombardi wasn't bad?
Joe Banner retired?
Joe Banner left-- wasn't fired.
Rumors are he was against firing Chud?!

Good god, how some forget.

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Lombardi wasn't bad?
Joe Banner retired?
Joe Banner left-- wasn't fired.
Rumors are he was against firing Chud?!

Good god, how some forget.

The former Browns CEO spoke with Bob Papa and Ross Tucker on the Opening Drive Sirius NFL XM.
link

OD: "Were you as surprised [about you being fired] as I was?

Joe Banner: "Yeah, to be honest. We had a nice conversation, the owner was standing right there with us, my family was there. We had finally just resolved and felt very good about the hiring of the new coach and staff we had put together. We were, at least I was, filled with the anticipation now that we could focus on free agency and the draft. We had about $55 million in cap room and 10 draft picks, so we felt that we were in an exceptionally well position, and that had been a really big goal from the previous year. So it was quite a surprise. I thought we were setting things up well and I think we did. I think the franchise has the opportunity to move forward and be more successful than it has been."

...just sayn..

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Seems the way I remember it Banner and Lombardi fired Chud and left the Browns looking like total fools. I think after that debacle and then failing to land their coach Haslam had no choice but to let them go. I could be wrong tho, that is just how I remember it going down. As a note I liked much of what Banner was doing but they really dropped the ball with doing Chudzinskie the way they did.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Yeah, let's reward an idiot that lamented his way out of NE and that WR that is getting a big head and showed off his HC in front of everyone by talking crap to him after he caught a TD.

After apathy and numbness, I'm just left with amazement. How much more idiocy is even possible?

So you'd not mind letting both Collins and Pryor go?
My guess is you'd be back the next day railing at the FO for letting young talent get away. Maybe I'm wrong.

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I still haven't found anywhere that Sashi or Depodesta had the authority to FORCE players who didn't want to be here to stay. willynilly

I looked around an couldn't find anything either.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Cowboys' owner endorses Browns' Haslam

Monday
Posted at 12:16 PM
Updated at 12:17 PM
link

The winless Browns may have hit bottom after a 35-10 loss to Dallas, but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says Cleveland will succeed, eventually, with Jimmy Haslam.

By Steve Doerschuk 
Repository sports writer
CLEVELAND In addition to causing Jimmy Haslam more of it, Jerry Jones feels Haslam's pain.

Jones, owner of the Cowboys team that clobbered the winless Browns Sunday, afterward gave the Cleveland owner, Haslam, an endorsement.

"I was 1-15 in my first year," Johnson said in the Cowboys' locker room.

The 3-10 loss put the Browns to 0-9 and in danger of the franchise's worst finish, which was 2-14 in 1999.

Jones bought the Cowboys in 1989 and oversaw teams that went 1-15, 7-9 and 11-5 in his first three years. The fourth year brought a 13-3 record and a Super Bowl championship.

Haslam bought the Browns just before the start of the 2012 season, when the team went on to a 5-11 finish. The records since then have been 4-12, 7-9, 3-13 and (heading into a Thursday night game at Baltimore) 0-9.

Yet, while Haslam hasn't come close to following the Cowboys' arc after their 1-15 year, Jones foresees eventual success for Haslam.

"I would say Jimmy is as straight and he's as solid in his decision making ..." said Jones, pausing as the thought trailed into another. "He came into the NFL as one of the top five guys in my opinion at the ownership level. There is no doubt in my mind he has a great football background."

These remarks resemble what Jones said in March after a speech at the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce annual dinner.

There, Jones said Haslam "came into the league as one of he very best owners that we have." Jones said he was "totally convinced that the Browns are going to be a factor as we look ahead."

That was shortly after Haslam fired head coach Mike Pettine and overhauled the front office with unusual move,s including the hire of a top baseball strategist, Paul DePodesta.

The 2016 season has gone worse than Browns fans imagined. Any lingering buzz around new head coach Hue Jackson was drowned out Sunday by a stadium half full of Cowboys fans.

Haslam would not win an election for mayor of Cleveland. Yet, he retains the support of Jones, who is not just another owner. Jones is up for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. In August, he was named as one of two finalists in the contributors category for Canton's Class of 2017.

"(Haslam) has learned what we all know," Jones said, "that relative to players, selecting players, drafting players … have you ever met anybody that you think knows how to pick the right ones all the time?

"Jimmy understood the game earlier than most when he came in.

"I hope for as long as I'm in the NFL, Jimmy Haslam will be competing."

The Cowboys are 7-1, tied with New England for the best record in the NFL, heading into a game at Pittsburgh. That's quite a turnaround from a 4-12 season.

One consequence of that bad year was drafting at No. 4 overall and taking Ezekiel Elliott, who has turned into the NFL's leading rusher. Rookie Round 4 pick Dak Prescott is the kind of draft steal that has evaded Cleveland.

The Browns, the NFL's only winless team, are waiting to see how a complicated 2016 draft plays out in tandem with a 2017 talent roundup.

When asked if he has any specific advice for Haslam in these difficult times, Jones suggested keeping a sense of humor.

"I was in a losing streak last year, and I had a another owner give me some advice," Jones said. "And I thought, well, OK, what is it? And he said, drink a lot."

Reach Steve at 330-580-8347

steve.doerschuk@cantonrep.com

On Twitter: @sdoerschukREP

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Jerry Jones franchise kicks the crap out of Haslam's franchise, then starts talking that good ole boy Southern BS.

These freaking NFL owners love it when they have a Browns team that is a walk over..kind of like an off day for their entire franchise.

Then Jones tells Browns fans what great owner they have.

The truth is, Haslam is worse than Randy Lerner and I don't see the Browns franchise winning anything in my lifetime.

I don't know what it takes to get through that thick skull that sits on Haslam's shoulders...

Last edited by mac; 11/07/16 06:48 PM.

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
3-13 missing a handful of players to 0-16 and needing an entire Defense and 4/5th an Offensive line, QB, #1 WR and run game? That means you have regressed. After yesterdays game it is clear this staff didn't dradt one single franchise player in two years of draft picks and it is perfectly clear Hue Jackson couldn't lead himself to the urinal if you stood him in front of the bathroom door and pointed him straight.

These guys have to go. No ifs, ans or buts about it. Go up to MI and tell Harbaugh to name his price or if Mike McCarthy is stupidly fired grab him up or just go grab Josh McDaniels and Scott Pioli and let someone that has experience and knows what they are doing run the show.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Just say you want them fired, mac. We all know that's what you want.

No, we all don't know that. It's just another way for you to belittle a poster who has an opposing opinion.

I believe mac wants the FO to bring in a guy w/football experience to help the inexperienced guys out.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: King Of Kings
3-13 missing a handful of players to 0-16 and needing an entire Defense and 4/5th an Offensive line, QB, #1 WR and run game? That means you have regressed. After yesterdays game it is clear this staff didn't dradt one single franchise player in two years of draft picks and it is perfectly clear Hue Jackson couldn't lead himself to the urinal if you stood him in front of the bathroom door and pointed him straight.

These guys have to go. No ifs, ans or buts about it. Go up to MI and tell Harbaugh to name his price or if Mike McCarthy is stupidly fired grab him up or just go grab Josh McDaniels and Scott Pioli and let someone that has experience and knows what they are doing run the show.

There is just so much wrong with this post it's hard to know where to start. 4/5 OL? LOL we need a RT and may have already found one with Drango. The D with be addressed in this years draft, we have 5 picks in the first 3 rds. No way we start over already. We let this play out.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

My guess is you'd be back the next day railing at the FO for letting young talent get away. Maybe I'm wrong.

Collins should have never been traded for. It was a moronic move and they'll come out of this looking like the fools they are no matter what they do. Either they reward a hack with a big fat contract or they lose a 3rd round pick that they won't recoup as they think because the entire league then knows that Collins is not any good if he doesn't get an offer from us.

Pryor is obviously talented, but I don't care who you are. You bark out and show off on your HC in fron of cameras for all to see, humiliating him, then you're not much of a team player. Not the kind of behaviour you reward. What kind of message would that send? Slap a tender on him and let someone else deal with his ego.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
L
Legend
Legend
L
He's done that a couple times now. Pryor I mean. I don't know what's being said but hue listens to him for a bit, then ignores him. Pryor needs to be a leader right now, not a Braylon Edwards on the sideline.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Us Ohio State fans know what a jerk Pryor can be.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Us Ohio State fans know what a jerk Pryor can be.

people said RGIII was a jerk...does that still hold true now? not sure how people see pryor as being a jerk. Doesn't look like one to me.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
Originally Posted By: King Of Kings

There is just so much wrong with this post it's hard to know where to start. 4/5 OL? LOL we need a RT and may have already found one with Drango. The D with be addressed in this years draft, we have 5 picks in the first 3 rds. No way we start over already. We let this play out.

So we are set at LG? How about Scam Erving at Center? RG? RT? They are all holes that need filled with talent,which takes being active in the offseason and knowing how to draft. As we have seen, the Harvard show knows little about doing either one, as we can see by blowing two years of draft picks on scrubs because Paulie's computer program told him who to draft.

There is no way these guys go 0-16 or 1-15 and keep their jobs. None. There is nothing to "see through." The Attorneys and baseball guys can't draft and are sitting at the kiddie table drinking Hi-C during free agency and this coaching staff can't coach up talent, can't couch out penalties and mistakes, have zero time management skills and are outcoached and outclassed at every turn. Virtually zero chance the Haslams continue on this road of futility.

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Collins should have never been traded for. It was a moronic move and they'll come out of this looking like the fools they are no matter what they do. Either they reward a hack with a big fat contract or they lose a 3rd round pick that they won't recoup as they think because the entire league then knows that Collins is not any good if he doesn't get an offer from us.

Pryor is obviously talented, but I don't care who you are. You bark out and show off on your HC in fron of cameras for all to see, humiliating him, then you're not much of a team player. Not the kind of behaviour you reward. What kind of message would that send? Slap a tender on him and let someone else deal with his ego.

IF the Haslams are stupid and keep this staff around I guarantee they reward Pryors immaturity. Hue Jackson let Chad Johnson punk him in front of the Bengals locker room during the 2005 Playoffs, Johnson decked Hue in the mouth and hs disn't do squat. Still is rewarding his "son" Chad.

He comes from the Marvin Lewis system where immaturity, degenerate behavior, breaking the law ect are all coddled and rewarded. I bet he will forgive and forget Cheech going into rehab soon as he needed to urine test and will bring him back. There isn't a Belichek spine in ANY of these guys to lay the law down and show zero tolerance.

Last edited by King Of Kings; 11/08/16 12:05 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Pryor had a convo on the sideline with Hue. don't know what was said but didn't look aggresive to me. how does that make him immature? that's just crazy.

Collins was one of the better players on Sunday. how is that moronic? on Two or three days...as M. Irvin would say "C'mon man"

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Front Office..continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard