Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
He will never get it through. He needs to stop campaigning and start talking like a President.

yebat' Putin
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
He will never get it through. He needs to stop campaigning and start talking like a President.

i feel you...however, i would like to point out something.

apparently his supporters thinks what he saying is presidential. so he probably does talk like a president already....depending on who you're asking, i guess.

at this point, i'm gonna exercise caution when saying never. you just never know, anymore.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Yep, the duping of America by a greedy con-man is only just beginning.

Yup. They just have to dumb down the left a bit more so we dutifully accept the 4th Reich. Sig Heil!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
rofl
The Trump Presidency is gonna be so much fun I can't wait!

Until he turns on you. And remember the precedent set here might be used in the future by a liberal President. wink

I don't like flag burners at all, as a matter of fact the act disgusts me on all levels. But your right to free speech and to freely protest is what is at stake here.

Legend
Legend
When we finally take to the streets in protest we will be waving that there flag and burnin' them there Libs!

Legend
Legend
Quote:
They just have to dumb down the left a bit more

Right, like that's even possible.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I can see it now. A group of law biding citizens properly disposing of a few American flags by legally burning them. Are promptly arrested by the self appointed goose stepping Trump Gestapo and dragged off to jail. Or better yet, shot on the spot.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
When we finally take to the streets in protest we will be waving that there flag and burnin' them there Libs!

Sig Heil!

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
I can see it now. A group of law biding citizens properly disposing of a few American flags by legally burning them. Are promptly arrested by the self appointed goose stepping Trump Gestapo and dragged off to jail. Or better yet, shot on the spot.

I can see it now. I'm going to have to read your crap hyperbole for 4 more years.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
This morning as I step back from the raw nerve of emotions we are all showing over this flag burning issue, I asked myself, what is this really all about? Why Flags, why Trump, why now?

The thought has occurred to me that earlier this week Trumps campaign spokesman said in an interview she felt Mr. Trump has angered his base by considering Mitt Romney for Secretary of State.

Trump was furious with her. She had gone rogue in making that statement.

So what action did Trump take to repair any possibility of her being right? He reaches out to his base with a statement that he finds the burning of our flag to be just awful! It should be illegal!

His base is touched! The Donald is still with us!

Could this all be nothing more than a brilliant political move?
Hmmmmmmm.

This. He baited you guys and it worked.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
First of all, I have not read everyone's thoughts on this thread, so I'll just give mine.

I know the SC has said that burning the American flag is protected under the 1st Amendment as free speech. If they want to make it illegal to burn an American flag as a protest, pass an amendment. That is the only way to actually make it illegal. I would not support this, as I stand firmly for 1st Amendment rights.

I will also say I agree with something I heard on the radio. If you are going to burn the American flag, please be good enough to first wrap yourself in it. I would like to see some local ordinances on lighting fires unsafely in public, so these jerks could at least be charged with a misdemeanor.

If you really want to buy a flag to burn, go ahead. I think if you steal someone else's flag to burn, it should be a felony. My dad's flag that gets hung only on national holidays (Veterans day, 4th of July, Memorial day, other such military observances) is one that flew over the capital, and he applied for that flag through the Navy and waited years to get it. We used to fold it properly after every holiday, and I will be honored to inherit that flag one day. I would have to be stopped from killing someone if I caught them attempting to burn it.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Come on. No one is going to kill the Boy Scouts for burning old tattered flags in their disposal ceremony. They do a very honorable job.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Are we talking Trump or Obama?

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well, I certainly hope people would get charged for stealing someone's flag.

That's stealing, which is illegal.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
Well, I certainly hope people would get charged for stealing someone's flag.

That's stealing, which is illegal.

It's more than that. If they wanted to steal a flag, they could easily steal one from a store. That is a targeted theft against someone that proudly flies one. The flag my dad has is irreplaceable, because of where it came from and how long he's had it. They just don't make them like that anymore.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I believe c-town .. could be wrong on that ... one city and i believe it was c-town before the convention banned burning things in public just to try and stop that ...

*LOL* at wishing they would wrap it around themselves ...

If they want to crap on the people who died for that flag ... wish they had the decency to move to another country to do it ..

INGRATES ... there's a million ways to protest that don't spit on vets ...

CLASSLESS INGRATES ...

Legend
Legend

I can see it now. I'm going to have to read your crap hyperbole for 4 more years.

Or 8. I hate to see how many pieces his head would explode into if Trump wins a 2nd term.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
If?

Legend
Legend
Considering how old that job makes a person and his age now, a full single term could be iffy.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Who you kiddin'? He ain't even sworn in yet and he is already better than the current guy!
8 years ain't no thang!

The Presidency ages men, Trump will age us all instead!

T! thumbsup

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 11/30/16 04:58 PM.
Legend
Legend

We've seen years of crappy hyberbole by dozens of posters here. Why get all snarky about it now?

Could it be that you're upset that you feel the need to defend such a deplorable leader like Trump? Or could it be Trump is white and Obama is black? It certainly can't be out of respect for the presidency because many of you haven't show any of that for years. So what is it?

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Considering how old that job makes a person and his age now, a full single term could be iffy.

It's iffy that he won't commit an impeachable crime in his first year.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Or 8. I hate to see how many pieces his head would explode into if Trump wins a 2nd term.

There won't be an election in 4 years. Trump will have declared himself supreme leader and exterminated his opposition in the gas chambers by then.

– Jackie Robinson
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
lol, jeez bro

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

We've seen years of crappy hyberbole by dozens of posters here. Why get all snarky about it now?

Could it be that you're upset that you feel the need to defend such a deplorable leader like Trump? Or could it be Trump is white and Obama is black? It certainly can't be out of respect for the presidency because many of you haven't show any of that for years. So what is it?

Maybe you should learn something about a poster before you post such drivel.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
lol, jeez bro

That's your boy.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

First, I've been snarky about it before.. don't count yourself as that special or unique.

The second part... I'm not really upset but.. it is addressed to me, but it's talking about a group I don't consider myself a part of, so I'll just let it go.

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Sad part about dude ...

He thinks its a black/white thing ...

Trump could be purple for all i care .. he could be oBUMa's kid ... LOVE the fact he understands he's AMERICA'S PRESIDENT and not the worlds ... oBUMa never got that ...

OBUMa could be my father .. i'd still say he SUCKED ...

- doubled the debt ..
- jobs leaving the country daily ..
- refugees and illegals pouring in ..
- numbers on welfare/food stamp out of control ..
- never realized he was AMERICA'S PRESIDENT ...

Spiral will never get that ..

*shrugs* ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hey Swish... smile

I haven't read all of the thread, and I apologize...Not that I don't want to... But I like to stay out of threads like this..

Politics & religion ... are brutal..

I remember people wanting Kaepernick Kicked out of the league and would never want a guy like him on their team..

But yet people are okay with burning the Flag...

I don't care with either.. but seems certain people or situations get a different view from the same people..

Like I said in the Kap thread...as a Vet..it didn't bother me.. I fought for the First Amendment and the Flag.

Yes it is just a piece of cloth... but so was the uniforms of the soldiers who died protecting it...

This subject to me is very simple...keep it it simple..and keep it without insult for the person protesting and the flag that is flying above the protesters head..

Peace and love to all !

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Glad you posted bro. Good stuff

It's human nature that people will pick and choose what they will be outraged over.

I supported Kap, right until he didn't vote. I hate burning flags btw, but just because I find something distasteful doesn't mean I think it should be illegal.

So I'm with you on this.

Pretty much, if it doesn't cause bodily harm to others.....than it's whatever really.

Last edited by Swish; 11/30/16 07:25 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
While I think it's deplorable to burn the flag I don't think it should be illegal...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Pretty much, if it doesn't cause bodily harm to others.....than it's whatever really.

Neither does bullying.

Legend
Legend

Sig Heil!

Stille ich Sie töten

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Sig Heil!

Stille ich Sie töten

Ha ja Kein Zweifel mit einem Furz.

– Jackie Robinson
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Racists.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'm of the mind that I will stand right beside you for your right to burn the flag, but at the same time, if i see you doing it, I will beat your ass..But like i said, i will fight for that right with you.. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, unless obviously properly disposing of flag.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I'm of the mind that I will stand right beside you for your right to burn the flag, but at the same time, if i see you doing it, I will beat your ass..But like i said, i will fight for that right with you.. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, unless obviously properly disposing of flag.

You cannot simultaneously claim that something should be a right and then advocate a person exercising that right should have their ass beat if they do it.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
But he just did. and it is his Right to say it.

Legend
Legend
But he just did. and it is his Right to say it.

Then allow me to restate... You cannot say it and have it make sense.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Ok then.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Donald Trump: Flag burning should be illegal

Link Copied to Clipboard