Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
This will sound crazy to you guys, but there will be a decent amount of Browns fans in London. Just going by what my friends who live there tell me, so it's not bulletproof.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I hear British people are already used to hating themselves. So there's really nothing holding them back from liking the Browns.

Legend
Legend
I kinda like the irony of playing the "Great Lakes Classic across the pond"

Minnesota will have to do I guess..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
E
All Pro
All Pro
E
Originally Posted By: Beerdowner
I'm excited I get to continue with watching the Browns play in every NFL city, and now the opportunity to travel abroad. I may have never gone if not for this game.

Is EnglishDawg still on the board at all. I've had a few good times in Cleveland with him, would hope to reconnect out in England.

I'm here mate!! It would be great to meet up over here, I get to watch the Browns live without travelling thousands of miles 😎

Already talking to Gavin and Saint as they are coming over. I tried to find the private message thing on here last night but couldn't?

I'm happy to help anyone with their plans. I loved my visits to Cleveland in 2007, 2011 and 2012 time to repay the amazing hospitality I received from you guys and girls.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good to see you still around English! And what an experience.

Saint broke the news to me earlier on Facebook. Probably a bridge too far for me but would love to be there.
Would be a fantastic experience to travel and see the Browns play. There a very strong and rabid presence in the U.K. And these games also attract the neutrals. A buddy of mine is a Packers fan back home in Wales and he goes up every season to watch the games and I don't think he's seen the Packers yet.
Now let's hope we don't embarrass ourselves and waste this opportunity.

Drobs man, where you at in Wales dude?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
While the overall attitude towards the Browns losing a home game to London is bad.

Reading this thread has made me feel really good about it, even if it's a small minority.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Riddler

Saint broke the news to me earlier on Facebook. Probably a bridge too far for me but would love to be there.
Would be a fantastic experience to travel and see the Browns play. There a very strong and rabid presence in the U.K. And these games also attract the neutrals. A buddy of mine is a Packers fan back home in Wales and he goes up every season to watch the games and I don't think he's seen the Packers yet.

Hey bud! Near Wrexham in the North. Went to watch the Jets last year as my brother is a fan. Not the same as watching your own team - I think I was the only person I saw in browns gear laugh

E
Legend
Legend
E
Glad you fans over there get to see the Browns live....I just was a little down that it is one of our 8 Home Games rather than an away Game.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: drobs

Hey bud! Near Wrexham in the North. Went to watch the Jets last year as my brother is a fan. Not the same as watching your own team - I think I was the only person I saw in browns gear laugh

Tidy. Keep flying the flag pal. It's a hard slog being a Browns fan amid a sea of band wagoners ;-)

I originate from Risca, on the outskirts of Newport.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I've seen a few International Rugby Matches in Twickenham....it is a suburb southwest of London. Very nice, wealthy suburb too and next to Richmond, which is really, really nice. Mick Jagger used to/may still live in Richmond so that kinda gives you an idea of how nice it is.

Twickenham stadium is great and I agree with the person who said above that it is better than Wembley. Saying that, I haven't been to the newly refurbished Wembley but, I did see a couple soccer matches and a concert at the old Wembley and the Twickenham/Richmond area is definitely much nicer and easy enough to take a direct train in and out of London for sightseeing.

Although the two major London airports sit to the north west (Heathrow) and southeast (Gatwick) of Twickenham the stadium is pretty much in between the two. I would probably recommend pricing and weighing up how easy it is to fly into Gatwick Airport. Heathrow is the main airport but, Gatwick is due south of London with a direct train into Victoria Station. It may well be easier to get in and out if you plan to stay nearer Twickenham (I think Twickenham is accessed via Waterloo train station). Personally, I have always found Heathrow one of the worst airports due to the sheer volume of flights and people.

Newark Int Airport may fly direct to Gatwick? Worth keeping in mind, nonetheless.

Last edited by PDXBrownsFan; 12/15/16 11:13 AM.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

Tidy. Keep flying the flag pal. It's a hard slog being a Browns fan amid a sea of band wagoners ;-)

I originate from Risca, on the outskirts of Newport.

Cool! Worked in Newport for a few months but stayed in Cardiff. Love getting down for the rugby and football. Already a few of us in for next year, looking forward laugh

Whitton station is slightly further away from Twickers but less busy. Few decent pubs nearby also.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Few decent pubs nearby also.

What is the one on the river (I know there are a few but one in particular) is it The Swan (or, White Swan)? I went there a few times after rugby games at Twickenham. Went to Bath v Leicester match as well as England v NZ (w/Jonah Lomu), England v Ireland and England V France at Twickenham. After the Irish game it was 50/50 English and Irish fans drinking and singing. Great night!

I also caught a couple Richmond, Harlequins. London Irish and Saracens games when I was there.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

Few decent pubs nearby also.

What is the one on the river (I know there are a few but one in particular) is it The Swan (or, White Swan)? I went there a few times after rugby games at Twickenham. Went to Bath v Leicester match as well as England v NZ (w/Jonah Lomu), England v Ireland and England V France at Twickenham. After the Irish game it was 50/50 English and Irish fans drinking and singing. Great night!

I also caught a couple Richmond, Harlequins. London Irish and Saracens games when I was there.

Hey smile I'll admit I don't know - my friends who regularly go to Twickenham for the rugby told me to use Whitton and made the vague recommendation, so I'll have to ask them - trying to persuade them to come too wink

Rugby matches are brilliant for the craic and the mixing of fans without trouble. The banter is also brilliant - 6 Nations coming up in Feb, again, always a great few months laugh

E
All Pro
All Pro
E

After Brexit I'm not sure we still allow an Aussie Welsh accent in mate but would be great if you can make it back for the game!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Rugby matches are brilliant for the craic and the mixing of fans without trouble. The banter is also brilliant - 6 Nations coming up in Feb, again, always a great few months laugh

The pub I am thinking about is just below Twickenham High St. but on the river's edge. When it rains hard sometimes the river actually comes right up to the pub. I remember it being semi-flooded but, that didn't stop anyone getting a few cheeky pints in! smile

Agreed on 6 Nations Rugby. I have even watched some of it here at a local Irish pub. I was in London for 14 years and a couple Welsh friends would constantly go on about the "Great Welsh Rugby Renaissance" that was "going to happen" yet, when I was there...it never did! Good to see that it has now arrived! Hopefully, the Browns will have their Renaissance too!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Can't wait man, been too long. I will definitely be there, looking at a Weds - Mon type trip. Hoping you can show me some pubs in the area and catch up, then get together pregame! Hope all is well.

L
Legend
Legend
L
They 'ave some lively pubs up Twickenham... dats wot me mum says. smile

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns to London?

Link Copied to Clipboard