Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
I don't care if he's worth it.

If that is the direction they go, QB at #1.

Then he and the Coaching staff better be here his entire Rookie contract.

I don't care if everyone sucks.

At least we can say we tried for once.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
L
Legend
Legend
L
Myles Garrett.
We gotta get that guy.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
edromeo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
E
Every time I see this thread bumped I get excited that people actually going to talk football talk about the plays from some game break down some of the x's and o's dot dot dot dot dot everytime I Come Away disappointed

Legend
Legend
Repeating the same ideas and expecting different results.

How very Browns of you.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
E
Legend
Legend
E
Well if he doesn't know what he's doing fire him now.

I'll take the word of oh...HUNDREDS of NFL coaches and players that Hue knows Offense and knows QBs. So If I as a fan cannot trust his evaluations...who should I trust? Mayock? Kiper? People on this board?

As noted I hope we get Garrett, I think there is a possibility of MT dropping to 12. I also think BB would go for our 33 and 2018 extra 2nd round pick for sure on JG.

But this franchise has been missing one thing in particular and that is a Franchise QB, The #22 picks just don't do it.

And we would have 3 other impact picks along with a possible active FA stud movement. To bolster up our D.

Again if Hue is sold on it...I'm there we will be a good team no matter who we draft. But we will never be a playoff team without that QB.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I don't care if he's worth it.

If that is the direction they go, QB at #1.

Then he and the Coaching staff better be here his entire Rookie contract.

I don't care if everyone sucks.

At least we can say we tried for once.

I actually agree with that even if it sounds stupid. These guys get to ride the glory if he makes it, or they get to sleep in that uncomfortable bed for 4 years.

This could all be posturing to get the Bears or Niners to trade up to take Mitch, and we are still in position to get either Garrett or Allen.

To help this along, we don't have to demand a gold mine of picks. Say this years 2nd. That's it. Then we have enough picks to trade up from 12 to get the guy I think Hue really likes, D. Watson.

The Titans want to trade down from 5. Seems we could move to their spot with out 12th selection and whatever else it might take. It's not like we don't have picks to offer, both this year and next.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
edromeo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
E

How very Browns of you.
did you mean to address that post to yourself? After all this is the X's and O's film breakdown thread. But thanks anyway for trolling

Last edited by edromeo; 03/04/17 11:02 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: edromeo

How very Browns of you.
did you mean to address that post to yourself? After all this is the X's and O's film breakdown thread. But thanks anyway for trolling

It was a joke. I'm sure that all he meant was an ironic joke.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As with just about any thread, once the original specific topic has been exhausted, the thread becomes a catch-all for any discussion about that topic generally.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe I am missing the context, did this clown really ask to be called Mitchell? lmao you have earned nothing MITCH

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: BpG
Maybe I am missing the context, did this clown really ask to be called Mitchell? lmao you have earned nothing MITCH

It's his name.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Yes it is.. He also told Mooch that Mitch was fine as well. Coach had him on the white board today and had him wear a Browns helmet. Lmao. He took it all in good spirit.. He looked pretty good in it actually.....

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

It's his name.

Right I'm sure Matt Ryan told people to call him Mathew when he came out, Tom Brady told people to call him Thomas. Don't be daft.

L
Legend
Legend
L
If he prefers to be called Mitchell, I don't see a problem with that. I'm glad we have so little to complain about as Browns fan.

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
I know a guy named Ray who doesn't like Raymond, another guy who grew up as a Johnny but now wants to be called John.
Not a biggie.

gmstrong

-----------------

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just like with the Myles Garret thing, it's a maturity issue. Who gives a [censored] if people call you Mitch. Really? If I was about to make 20 million dollars you could call me idiot and I wouldn't care.
I don't like premadonnas and MITCH isn't even close to having the prospect clout to get away with it.

Last edited by BpG; 03/05/17 12:51 AM.
Legend
Legend
If the worst thing about him is that he wants to be called by his proper name ... well ... that's really not bad at a

I write my full name what I sign up for classes or volunteer work. Initially they call me "Christopher", and no one makes a fuss when I ask them to call me "Chris". I am sure that if I wanted to be called Christopher, and I wrote "Christopher" as my name, then it would not be out of line to ask that I be called by that name either.

Man, no wonder so many people dislikes Mitchell Schwartz. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
If he prefers to be called Mitchell, I don't see a problem with that. I'm glad we have so little to complain about as Browns fan.

*LOL* ... there's that "keep your eyes on the bouncing ball thing" ...

U know lamp .. I think Niner fans would have been just fine calling someone Joseph if that's what he wanted ... thumbsup

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

It's his name.

Right I'm sure Matt Ryan told people to call him Mathew when he came out, Tom Brady told people to call him Thomas. Don't be daft.

Who cares. People get to choose what they want people to call them.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think I'll call him Mtrub.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Every time I see this thread bumped I get excited that people actually going to talk football talk about the plays from some game break down some of the x's and o's dot dot dot dot dot everytime I Come Away disappointed

I just watched the Stanford game ... if u wanna watch it and break it down let me know ... I'll go first ...

He does lock his front leg on throws down the middle ... couldn't tell if he did it on throws,tomhis right ... he's fine on throws to his left ...

I have more film to watch on both of them ... the more I watch of MITCH the more comfie I am with him at #1 ...

I may even end up preferring him by April ... depends on the rest of the film I watch on both of them ... for me ... this has moved from no-brainer territory ...

E
edromeo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
E
I'm up for discussing the game, I'm proly not gonna do write out a full breakdown though. I'll keep it in my head as always but its too much work to write out the breakdown when its just us that even bothers to watch the all the plays lol

E
edromeo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
E
“Trubisky is polished, even though he’s only [started one season at North Carolina], which bothers me. But even though he’s only [started] one year, you can see the quick feet. Three step, five step, ball comes out. Quick feet, quick release and accurate. I really like him.”--Mayock

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/browns...k-says-1.751375

Last edited by edromeo; 03/05/17 08:27 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
“Trubisky is polished, even though he’s only [started one season at North Carolina], which bothers me. But even though he’s only [started] one year, you can see the quick feet. Three step, five step, ball comes out. Quick feet, quick release and accurate. I really like him.”--Mayock

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/browns...k-says-1.751375

Me Too but after I watched Myles Garrett show his beast mode today it would be hard to justify taking him at #1 over Garrett ...

Last edited by PastorMarc; 03/05/17 08:37 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I wonder why Trub could not beat out Marquise Williams?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

While Williams isn't necessarily a high level NFL prospect, he was considered a very good college QB. I know it was a close competition two years ago, and they might have gone with what they knew instead of what they didn't.

Maybe had to do with the offense that UNC was running and hte personnel in it? Just some ideas.

When Conn played UNC a couple years ago, the commentators kept on raving about Williams. I wasn't overly impressed, but the ESPN folks seemed to love him

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

While Williams isn't necessarily a high level NFL prospect, he was considered a very good college QB. I know it was a close competition two years ago, and they might have gone with what they knew instead of what they didn't.

Maybe had to do with the offense that UNC was running and hte personnel in it? Just some ideas.

When Conn played UNC a couple years ago, the commentators kept on raving about Williams. I wasn't overly impressed, but the ESPN folks seemed to love him

Isn't Williams a lot more mobile - a scrambling QB which is so "sought after" by college teams nowadays??? I am pretty sure I heard that as one of the possible reasons.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think experience was the key factor. However......just think about it for a moment.

And people wanna draft him w/the first overall pick?????

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lots of possible reasons, many were already mentioned.

Is the UNC head coach any good?Perhaps he just isn't very good at judging talent?
Willie Parker barely played for his college team.
Kizer didn't come into this year as the starter at ND, why is noone asking why he couldn't beat out Zaire?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sorry Ed, but that's not my strength. I'm simply a journeyman, not a technician...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Legend
Legend
B
Any film study of the guy must be that we feel he will drop to #12.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
edromeo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
On the contrary. Film breakdown is the goal in and of itself. No agenda. No bias.

Hypothesizing or soeculating where he might be drafted isn't film breakdown.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
On the contrary. Film breakdown is the goal in and of itself. No agenda. No bias.

Hypothesizing or soeculating where he might be drafted isn't film breakdown.

True, but film study does help to establish potential which cascades into building your "big board"...

E
edromeo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
E
And that speculation or draft board ranking convo can be done in any number of threads that aren't film breakdown threads.

but it doesnt matter, film breakdown is dead, afterall why discuss the actual plays lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And that speculation or draft board ranking convo can be done in any number of threads that aren't film breakdown threads.

but it doesnt matter, film breakdown is dead, afterall why discuss the actual plays lol

Yes, we are diverging from the intent of the thread...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Jester

Lots of possible reasons, many were already mentioned.

Is the UNC head coach any good?Perhaps he just isn't very good at judging talent?
Willie Parker barely played for his college team.
Kizer didn't come into this year as the starter at ND, why is noone asking why he couldn't beat out Zaire?

Maybe because no one is suggesting that the Browns pass on Garrett for Kizer.

And are you suggesting my question was lame? Seriously?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
And are you suggesting my question was lame? Seriously?

confused ....sigh.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
And he's back...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Back? Nah, I've always been here. I just don't know why your ass has to get chapped when someone responds to something that you asked.

Relax. It's their opinion and no one said your question was lame. People just answered it. That's all. I'd suggest stopping the need to immediately go towards unnecessary, aggressive commentary when someone provides a legitimate response.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
No one cares about your suggestions. Crawl back to your hole.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Film Breakdown: Mitch Trubisky

Link Copied to Clipboard