Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Dude, you said "show me one instance..." He did.

Stand down. LOL

Actually it didn't work out so well since Mack took the money and ran.

I know you all don't want to hear about any other trades we made in the 1st rd since 99.

We've made a lot of good trades actually.

Just usually picked wrong afterwards.

In other words a lot of trades didn't work out.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
By that logic neither has anything else we've done.

So I guess we can't do anything then?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
By that logic neither has anything else we've done.

So I guess we can't do anything then?

We can start taking the BPA instead of trading early rd picks for "that guy" wink

– Jackie Robinson
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I don't recall Mack being a good trade, sorry. That draft was loaded with LB talent and we traded down twice and picked a center and some no name Wr's...

I remember wanting Orapko and Cushing

The Rosbiskie, Momass and Veikune year

The best WR corps according to some... LOL

Last edited by rastanplan; 03/14/17 12:15 PM.
Legend
Legend
"They were very good blockers" - Peyton Hillis

Last edited by ThatGuy; 03/14/17 12:16 PM.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
Legend
Legend
M
FWIW, I've seen a lot of mock drafts have these QBs falling fast, and many list Trubisky at 12 for us. Perhaps these analysts are catching up to what teams are thinking?

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yeah, I said in another post somewhere that I think this class of QB's is like the class of Teddy B and Carr and even Johnny M. Everyone thought Teddy was a sure fire #1 pick and some even thought Johnny M would push him down to #2 and he would be #1. I think this class is like that. Free falling, I just don't know how much.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
V
Legend
Legend
V
The 2014 class was actually the best qb class in recent memory. Some of the guys weren't drafted all that high, but that group was loaded w/talent.

This year's class can't compare to the 2014 class in terms of their skill set in my opinion.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
The 2014 class was actually the best qb class in recent memory. Some of the guys weren't drafted all that high, but that group was loaded w/talent.

This year's class can't compare to the 2014 class in terms of their skill set in my opinion.

Yeah it was a pretty good draft class for QB's. Too bad a homeless man and a couple of tweets set us back 5 years.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
My Update:

1. Garrett

12. Trubisky, Mahomes, Howard.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

There is no option, there is one guy you take. We all know who that is too. I'd be pissed off actually if we end up taking a QB. No joke. My end, final realistic picks:

#1: Garrett
#12: Jamal Adams

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

There is no option, there is one guy you take. We all know who that is too. I'd be pissed off actually if we end up taking a QB. No joke. My end, final realistic picks:

#1: Garrett
#12: Jamal Adams

I agree with you that there is only one option, but it is interesting to at least explore the other possibilities.

(Side note: I don't think Jamal Adams makes it to #12. Like 0% chance don't think he makes it.)

D
Legend
Legend
D
Jets need help elsewhere and I think the Chargers will snag up Hooker. That leaves Buffalo as our only next threat IMO. It's a possibility that my fingers are heavily crossed for, but if he's not there then I'd say whoever is the best CB, call his name.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I agree with you that there is only one option, but it is interesting to at least explore the other possibilities.

(Side note: I don't think Jamal Adams makes it to #12. Like 0% chance don't think he makes it.)

Agreed. I seriously doubt Adams will be there at 12. Hooker too (I don't watch much Ohio State, but watched some of him recently, he looks like a good one too).

There's guys I'd want more than a QB at 12, but it depends on who is there. Someone like Fournette, Adams, Allen, Thomas or Hooker would be no brainers IMO. But I don't think any of them will be there.

I wouldn't be too upset if we left 12 with Trubisky (1st Option) or Watson (2nd Option). I think there's gonna be a lot of teams needing QBs next year.

Definitely Garrett at 1 though.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Jets need help elsewhere and I think the Chargers will snag up Hooker. That leaves Buffalo as our only next threat IMO. It's a possibility that my fingers are heavily crossed for, but if he's not there then I'd say whoever is the best CB, call his name.

No way. Major mistake.

Who's the best CB after Lattimore? And I don't want anything to do with Lattimore. His hammy history is risky.

These guys know this is a weak OL draft, so we made the move in FA for upgrading it.

We also know it's a deep CB draft and about 2 rounds deep at Safety.

This is set up perfect to address the Defense and Offense at 1&12 with STUDS.

Garrett at #1
Whoever we like between Howard, Williams, Davis at 12. The ONLY player I take ahead of those 3 is Garoppolo.

Then comes the CB and Safety duo. Conley, White. Baker, Williams.

Legend
Legend
i wouldn't be opposed to garrett, WR, S

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There are always surprises.

Locks to go before 12
Garrett, Thomas, Lattimore, Adams,

Now we have the group that most will be in there but some could slip Barnett, Fournette, Mike Williams, OJ Howard, Allen, Hooker,

Now we have a group that could jump in
Reuben Foster, Trubisky, John Ross, Mahomes, Watson, Dalvin Cook, McCafrey, Jabril Peppers, David Njoku, Taco Charlton, McCafrey

We all know there are always and I mean always a couple surprises on draft night of guys going way early and a couple studs slipping.

There are teams that like Barnett over Allen, I think thats a big one to watch. Also Bengals have a real love going on for the bama guys right now in Reuben Foster and Jonathon Allen.

I could easily see a situation where we are trying to decide between
Allen, Hooker, Trubisky, Mahomes

Legend
Legend
In that case give me Allen and I'll take Marcus Williams at 33. When your DL is that sticky you don't need an All-Pro safety, which I'm not even sure Hooker is.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If Hooker is there then we will take him over the others ... JMO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like Hooker a lot but I gotta admit, I like Budda Baker just as good and to be honest, I am liking him more and more as I watch more of this kid. Really reminds me a lot of the honey Badger.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: kwhip

No way. Major mistake.

Who's the best CB after Lattimore? And I don't want anything to do with Lattimore. His hammy history is risky.

These guys know this is a weak OL draft, so we made the move in FA for upgrading it.

We also know it's a deep CB draft and about 2 rounds deep at Safety.

This is set up perfect to address the Defense and Offense at 1&12 with STUDS.

Garrett at #1
Whoever we like between Howard, Williams, Davis at 12. The ONLY player I take ahead of those 3 is Garoppolo.

Then comes the CB and Safety duo. Conley, White. Baker, Williams.

Yeah I have no shame in admitting I don't follow college outside Ohio State. So, if what you say is true, then let's look at that WR Davis from Western Michigan.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I like Baker too and a draft with Garrett (1) Allen (12) and Baker (33) would be pretty nice ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
I like Hooker a lot but I gotta admit, I like Budda Baker just as good and to be honest, I am liking him more and more as I watch more of this kid. Really reminds me a lot of the honey Badger.
I'll be honest, I don't know anything about Baker. I have heard we're very interested in him tho

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I generally hate highlight reels but man can this kid tackle.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
I generally hate highlight reels but man can this kid tackle.

I have him rated a very close third at Safety behind Hooker and Adams ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Marcus Williams is not a very good tackler, but he is a rare centerfielder, second only to hooker in this draft IMO. I'd rather have that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Garrett and Watson or BUST!

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
taking watson would be a bust ...

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yeah I like this guy a lot too. If we don't land Hooker then I'd even be willing to trade back into the mid 20's to grab him if he lasts that long.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
taking watson would be a bust ...

This. Times many.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. I keep reading all this love for Malik Hooker.

Malik Hooker in the top half of the 1st round?

I wish he had more experience. If no one can say a bad word about him, I want to take a 2nd look, what are they missing,

nobody's a sure thing, how big is the sample size?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
He's not a good tackler. He takes bad angles against guys with the ball too.

Legend
Legend
So the formula is, say guys that everyone thinks are good aren't, and talk up people that everyone knows aren't as good.

Got it.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
So the formula is, say guys that everyone thinks are good aren't, and talk up people that everyone knows aren't as good.

Got it.
Is this in reference to the comment about Hooker tackling?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Garrett at #1, and if Jonathan Allen is somehow still there at #12, I think you have to take him. Other possibly available no-brainers at 12 would be Adams, Hooker, or Howard - but Allen before any of them IMO.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hypothetical
1. Garrett DE
1b. Allen DT
2. Budda Baker
2b. [censored] Tabor
3. Sydney Jones

Sashi walks up to the platform drops his Mic and walks off stage lol

BTW I have a 1st round grade on all 5 and 4 was in my top 15 at the end of the season and I felt guilty for not having Budda in it. 2 were my elite tier 1 talents .

Legend
Legend
safe to say our defense would be improved

C
Legend
Legend
C
When you hear the Browns are considering Leonard Fournette with the first pick remember that the rumors started with this excerpt from a Jason La Canfora article/column:

Quote:
Some have suggested to me that Fournette is even in play at No. 1 with the Browns. Yes, you read that correctly. I don’t see that happening, and in the end, I suspect the Browns take pass rusher Myles Garrett. But then again, the Browns are capable of some extreme curve balls in that front office and their version of analytics tends to swing outside of convention. Maybe someone believes the devaluation of running backs has gone too far.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-n...ey-before-cook/

This above quote will be taken out of context for the next several hours/days.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Ideally within some reality
1. Myles Garrett
12. Jamal Adams/Mitch Tribusky

What I actually think goes does
1. Garrett
12. Trade down

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Your pick for #1 and #12?

Link Copied to Clipboard