Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E

Last edited by edromeo; 03/31/17 03:17 PM.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Razor listen at the 26s mark

Legend
Legend
Why are you posting Mahomes videos in the Deshaun Watson thr...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: edromeo

Loved the interview and thank you for sharing. The young man seems smart, understands what he will need to work on, but has the confidence to think he can adjust.

Still has a huge learning curve but him and Trubisky are the QBs I like in this draft at 12 and think at least one of them will be there.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yes, I watched that vid and many others too on my own. It only reinforced what I saw. I don't feel the need to do breakdowns for you anymore because we are too far apart on terminology and what we value. I see no need to spend hours making a post just to have you say you can't see anything I am explaining when I explain things as simple as I can and others understand me just fine.

I haven't missed on any QB i did an eval on in the past 5 seasons so I am going to stick with what works for me. If watson doesn't end up in a short passing game management style of the WCO then I don't see him ever making it in the NFL. He is a super nice kid with great character and I like him as a person but he won't do well in the NFL unless its the perfect system for him but there are too many dumb OC that play their system instead of adapting to the QB they have so I don't have high hopes for Watson.

BTW i know this text doesn't show tone of voice and things get taken the wrong way so let me be clear. I don't mean any disrespect. I am not angry, upset, or offended. I'm just chill and its all good. It's perfectly fine if people don't share my opinions or evaluations. We won't know who is right for several years either way.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend

The key to Mahomes is how well will he take to NFL coaching?

The NFL is about perfect practice. There is a way to play. The team structure prepares young quarterbacks to play in the NFL.

Film study is constant and reinforced by practice. If you can not grasp the playbook, the huddle, the terminology, pre-snap calls, and post snap recognition you can not play in the NFL no matter about your arm.

Mahomes came from an off brand offense. You can not judge him by NFL standards. He was asked to run "their" offense. It is not his fault that some of his issues come from what he ran and their lack of defense. They ran a lot of plays and expected to score a lot of points. Make plays. Force throws.

He will have to learn a new way to play. It will take time.

What needs to be determined is how will he take to learning?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Patrick Mahomes - QB - Player

Giants coach Ben McAdoo attended Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes' Pro Day.
The Record's Art Stapleton believes McAdoo, who has avoided Pro Days in the past, showing up is a "sign" the Giants are giving "strong consideration" to drafting an heir apparent for Eli Manning. Considering Manning's age (36) and level of play last season, it would be wise for New York to start looking toward the future. They are a sleeper team to take a quarterback in the first round.

Related: Giants
Source: The Record Apr 1 - 10:21 AM

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
It will take time.

That's the key. IMHO, He'll need a year to learn, and another to grow. But I'd be excited to see him in his third year, after two years of good coaching and a year as a starter.

By all accounts he has the intelligence, the work ethic and the will. I know it may not be vogue, but I LOVE that he can make unconventional throws. I also love that he has a big arm and an ability for throwing accurately on the run. I remember getting burned by guys like Plunkett and Elway, and grudgingly admired their athleticism and skill at making unconventional throws that made the difference in games. Their skill sets, abilities, and wills carried them to Super Bowl wins.

Here's part of an article with some interesting quotes. The entire piece is here:

“He is a big-time developmental prospect, and I mean big time in both the positive and negative,” McShay said. “I think his upside may be as great as any quarterback in this class, but his learning curve could be as great as any quarterback in this class because he comes from a system that has not translated well to the NFL. No quarterback from that Air Raid-style offense has ever sustained success in the league.

“Mahomes throws the best deep ball, is the most accurate deep passer in this class and made some throws from launch points that I honestly can never remember seeing, like almost submarine throws and sidearms and body 100 mph falling off balance to the right throwing back to the left. Bad decisions, but great throws. So his tape was a roller-coaster ride.”

The highs were results of a phenomenal arm. The lows were byproducts of sloppy footwork and mechanics. The lack of fundamentals can be explained by inexperience.

Mahomes, 21, is the son of the former MLB pitcher with the same name. His godfather is LaTroy Hawkins, another retired big-time pitcher. So the younger Mahomes, 6-foot-2 and 225 pounds, was a pitcher and a basketball player growing up. He started playing football in seventh grade and didn’t become a starting quarterback until his junior season at Whitehouse High School in Texas. He was a member of the baseball and football teams at Texas Tech until last year, when he gave up baseball and focused solely on football for the first time.

I didn’t work a lot of quarterback stuff when I was young,” Mahomes said at the NFL Scouting Combine. “So I kind of just got out there and started just playing, and in high school, I ran a spread offense, but I kind of sat back there and made plays. Going to college, you see every year I get better and better.

“[NFL teams want to know] how hard I want to work. They know I have the talent, and it’s going to be all about if I can get my base right, if I can be consistent with my mechanics every time. If I do that, I feel like I can excel at the next level.”

It will likely take time. Mahomes has been working with private quarterbacks coach Mike Sheppard as he prepares to transition from Tech’s pass-happy, spread offense, which functioned out of the shotgun and without a huddle.

Dynamic athlete

Kingsbury argues Mahomes won’t be as big a project in the NFL as some believe because Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers and Matthew Stafford of the Detroit Lions have done pretty well despite unconventional footwork and mechanics.

“Pat’s a dynamic athlete,” Kingsbury said. “Anything they ask him to do, whether it be under center or five-step drops or seven-step drops, he’ll pick up quickly and be able to do it and do it at a high level. I’ve heard a bunch about his mechanics and his footwork and blah, blah, blah, but you watch those guys play who are at the top of their game, and they’re playing very similar styles to what he played in college.”

Kingsbury also insisted Mahomes’ intelligence will help him acclimate and pointed to the marketing major being voted the Big 12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year by the conference’s coaches in December.

Mahomes is a humble, laid-back leader whose teammates love him, Kingsbury said, and his desire to learn and improve shines through.

“It’s all about going to the right team, the right organization,” Mahomes said. “I just want to get coached really hard. I want to have every chance to go out there and prove my game every single day.”

Kingsbury is convinced the team that bets on Mahomes won’t be sorry.

“With his arm talent and his athletic ability and his mind for the game, when he continues to focus on football year-round, he’s just going to take off,” Kingsbury said. “I think people that see that and the teams that see that are going to really get a steal in the draft.”

Bring it on! thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Yes, I watched that vid and many others too on my own. It only reinforced what I saw.
I was only asking because its been up there for awhile and you said you were going to take a look at it. I was just curious about your thoughts on Matt Waldman's view since he was breaking down some of the exact same play we discussed. It sure didn't seem like he agreed with your take to reinforce what you say.

Quote:
I don't feel the need to do breakdowns for you anymore because we are too far apart on terminology and what we value.
To be clear you weren't doing the breakdowns for me, lol. And I wasn't asking you to do any breakdowns. YOU chose to comment on the video gifs I posted in response to another poster's comment that Watson had a noodle arm.

Quote:
I see no need to spend hours making a post just to have you say you can't see anything I am explaining when I explain things as simple as I can and others understand me just fine.
Let's not get it confused. I completely understand what you are saying I just don't agree. And since you mention others it seems from the past replies that others disagree also.

Quote:
I haven't missed on any QB i did an eval on in the past 5 seasons so I am going to stick with what works for me.
Good for you. If true that's a freakin amazing hit rate. And no one is asking you to change what works for you. Just have a discussion. I posted my draft rankings last year so its verifiable i didn't get everyone right no one does (other then you apparently). But i did have Prescott as my top QB back when everyone was killing him.

Quote:
BTW i know this text doesn't show tone of voice and things get taken the wrong way so let me be clear. I don't mean any disrespect. I am not angry, upset, or offended. I'm just chill and its all good. It's perfectly fine if people don't share my opinions or evaluations. We won't know who is right for several years either way.
You don't need to qualify your tone one way or the other. I didn't azzume anything disrespectful from your posts.

Draft evaluation is something I plan to do more of in the future whether on-line or radio/podcast. So i try be as accurate and as clear as I can when discussing draft prospects. I don't expect everyone to agree on sports internet message board. But on the whole I'm easy breezy no disrespect intended from me either just disagreement.

Last edited by edromeo; 04/01/17 12:41 PM.
Legend
Legend
Just a general thought.

I don't like the idea of drafting a guy to play quarterback (especially in the first few rounds) if the consensus is that you basically have to "reprogram" how he plays the position...

When you start changing throwing motions, or focusing on footwork or mechanics, first off, you're losing so much time. In today's NFL, no one has the time to wait on QBs anymore.

And then I feel like, what's the chance that after you "fix" him, that he's either not as "good" as he was before, or that you end up finding out that he's just not actually good..

Where QBs get drafted vs. where they probably should go as it relates to that class' talent pool is almost maddening.

A guy like Mahomes, who seems to need at least two whole seasons to learn, should never be considered with a 1st round pick. Shouldn't even be a thought... regardless of what he ends up becoming.

I hate drafting QBs.

This message has been sponsored by the "Just get Garopollo" foundation

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend

Good article.

Starting to think differently about this whole thing.

I am unsure about any of these quarterbacks. Since that is the case. Maybe just take the BPA for picks 1 and 12.

Come back late in the first (or hold to pick 33) or when it looks like "the time" and take Mahomes.

Let Kessler start or go with Oswieler. Watch Mahomes for a year and if they like what they see in his development then go with him next year. If not go all in on next years draft and grab the best prospect be it Darnold or whoever.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed, good article. QB is the most important position on the team no doubt but I can't see drafting one in a weak class just to draft one when the draft is considered so deep at other positions. Some of the QB's in this class could come out and surprise and be good but the consensus is they are all flawed and mediocre. It really seems to be a crap shoot with all of them.

Legend
Legend

There are things about each guy that I like. At the same time I just don't see a guy I totally like.

Last year I was a huge Wentz guy. My feeling was he was a mature college quarterback. He controlled the offense. He made calls and changed plays. He showed pre-snap reads and post snap recognition. I felt very strongly that he would be a good NFL quarterback.

Trubisky looks the cleanest to me of the guys in this draft. Watson probably the most ready. But I am just not over the top with them. Kizer and Mahomes have the physical tool set. Kizer gives me pause because he was inconsistent and I question his ability to run a team.

Mahomes I know will need work. But Mahomes has something about him. His arm talent is exceptional. Not just in strength. At the same time he will have to learn discipline to become a NFL passer and not just a thrower.

Somehow though I think he will get it. When he does he could be something special.

Legend
Legend
I think Arizona is the best spot and chance for Mahomes to become the guy people think he can.

He gets to sit behind Palmer. And learn from Arians.

I just doubt they will take him at 13, and that he'll be there long enough for them to get him after it.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yes, I watched that vid and many others too on my own. It only reinforced what I saw.
I was only asking because its been up there for awhile and you said you were going to take a look at it. I was just curious about your thoughts on Matt Waldman's view since he was breaking down some of the exact same play we discussed. It sure didn't seem like he agreed with your take to reinforce what you say.
--
Can you send me a link to it? I admit I forgot about it. I've never heard of the guy before but then I don't listen to what many of the guys on broadcast have to say since most of them are not that good at it or they are very biased towards one system or another. I am not an expert on the various systems. I do earn a partial living training kids to athletes for various sports in South Korea and the USA. For example I took a 12 year old beanpole with no muscle mass whose parents desperately wanted him to make the soccer team in Korea so he could get a high school scholarship. He could even do 10 push ups when we started 10 months ago. Now I have him doing 220 pushups daily at age 13. I mean him do far more than just push ups but that gives you an idea of how I can transform a person in a short time. I'm very big on building the core and avoiding weights for kids though. I only let them use their own body as weight until 15 years old. I don't have time to learn all the coaching stuff about football. I just focus on QBs and LT because I love the QB position and I played LT. I can still look at a player's core mechanics for any position and tell by his musculature and movement style what he lacks and needs to improve on though. So I guess you could say I don't look at things from a coach's point of view but from a fitness trainer/physical therapy point of view. So your traditional scout will never see things the same way as me most likely but for me the body never lies and I think that is why I am usually right. I am not perfect by any means but I think I am pretty accurate.

Quote:
I don't feel the need to do breakdowns for you anymore because we are too far apart on terminology and what we value.
To be clear you weren't doing the breakdowns for me, lol. And I wasn't asking you to do any breakdowns. YOU chose to comment on the video gifs I posted in response to another poster's comment that Watson had a noodle arm.
--
For the record I don't think he has a noodle arm because he can throw it far when he wants to BUT to me he throws with low velocity. I mean sometimes he does have velocity on the ball but beyond 20 yards it seems to slow down a good bit and lag behind the players more often than not.
--

Quote:
I see no need to spend hours making a post just to have you say you can't see anything I am explaining when I explain things as simple as I can and others understand me just fine.
Let's not get it confused. I completely understand what you are saying I just don't agree. And since you mention others it seems from the past replies that others disagree also.
--
It's always the same disagreements from the same people and nothing I say will ever change their minds because it's a philosophical difference in how we all look at QBs. I mean I have literally made HUNDREDS of posts on it now so I think it's safe to say nothing I say will change their minds at this point beyond the ones who have already learned from cross referencing what I have said with their own person experiences over the years.

Quote:
I haven't missed on any QB i did an eval on in the past 5 seasons so I am going to stick with what works for me.
Good for you. If true that's a freakin amazing hit rate. And no one is asking you to change what works for you. Just have a discussion. I posted my draft rankings last year so its verifiable i didn't get everyone right no one does (other then you apparently). But i did have Prescott as my top QB back when everyone was killing him.
--
I post my opinions on the QBs each year. I thought Dak would do ok if he had time to develop and didn't mind if we drafted him. Nothing he was doing in college made you think he would have that good a year. He got very lucky and had a top tier team to play on. To be honest I think his numbers were more a team factor than his personal factor. I think Dak will get a LOT better though.
--

Quote:
You don't need to qualify your tone one way or the other. I didn't azzume anything disrespectful from your posts.
--
That's cool I just wanted to say it so it was known since these forums can get heated at times.
--

Draft evaluation is something I plan to do more of in the future whether on-line or radio/podcast. So i try be as accurate and as clear as I can when discussing draft prospects. I don't expect everyone to agree on sports internet message board. But on the whole I'm easy breezy no disrespect intended from me either just disagreement.

--
I think it's great that you're doing something you love to do. I certainly learned more about doing the time stamping way of doing it from you so I thought that was cool of you =) I'm too lazy or tired much of the time do those full play by play evals. I think I mentioned that before ^^

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Sounds like Manziel.....lol

D
Legend
Legend
D
If we don't take him at 12 ... it sounds like he may be gone before it get to us ... were going to have to trade up to get him .. and it may be a decent jump ...

Mahomes sounds like a perfect fit for a team with a Rivers, Bree's or Manning type on the team ... he sounds like a 2 or 3 year project as he needs to learn new mechanics and how to read D's ... hes even more raw than guys coming from the spread are ....

Very interesting draft ... it always is with the qb's ... but this year is special ...

B
Legend
Legend
B
It is. It also tells me not to overthink things. If a QB doesn't stand out from the others, you are left trying to draft the guy who can develop in to a good QB. In a deep draft class with lots of solid NFL prospects, I think it best to just make sure we end up with 5 really good players who can step in and help us win.

We may not be able to win championships with our current QB's but with a better team, we can win with them.

I think we need to start winning some games. You can't wish a game changing QB in to the fold. They have to be there.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I agree that u can't wish a QB into the fold ... thats also the rub ... thats why every year there reached for big time ... the one question no one has answered for me ... where were Goff/Wentz rated on the overall boards ... i bet it wasn't much if any higher than Trib or Watson ...

QB's always have gone WAY TO EARLY ... and its getting harder and harder to judge them ...

Bill Walsh the best QB evaluator of all time IMO ... even though its based on a sample size of only 3 .... *LOL* ...

Anyhow .... Bill Walsh got to watch a QB start for 2 years minimum .. and 2 year starters were the exception not the rule ..... Walsh got to watch guys for 3/4 years for the most part ...

Walsh also got to watch guys play in NFL drop back based offenses ....

Today ... coaches have NEITHER OF THESE LUXURIES ....

Its so much harder to judge these days ....

And even when u hit .. then things need to be built around them ... if not, there in deep trouble ... look at Luck ... i think hes got mad skills .. but they haven't build diddly around him ... he's got NO OL ... its mind boggling to me how there OL is so inept year after year ...

Dang ... they draft as bad as we have in the past ... *L* ... what the hell do they draft ... they've got TY Hilton and a TE whose OK ... they have Moncrief ... was he a draft pick or FA? .. gore ... not much on D ... damm ... they got a new GM this year ... *LOL* ...

At some point u need to roll the dice ... one thing we know for sure ...

The more games you win ... the further down the draft board u go ... the further from the top you pick the riskier the qb you take is ...

Catch 22 Mr. Peen ...

Its just TOUGH ... thats why so few teams have good QB's anymore ... crap were going on what ... year 18 or so without one ... MIND BOGGLING ... you'd think that was statistically impossible ... *LOL* ...

C
Legend
Legend
C

M
Legend
Legend
M
Thanks for sharing. Cian Fahey does an excellent job evaluating QBs. His 'QB Catalogue' should be coming out soon as well.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Quote:

Can you send me a link to it? I admit I forgot about it. I've never heard of the guy before but then I don't listen to what many of the guys on broadcast have to say

So...in one post you not only claim to have watched the youtube vid on Watson you claim it reinforced your view.
Now you are asking me for a link? And btw Waldman isn't a broadcaster.

Quote:
Quote:
--
It's always the same disagreements from the same people and nothing I say will ever change their minds
Look at the exchange above. YOU are the one the mentioned that other posters understoond you and implied that they agreed with you. All I did was point out the fact that in the case of this discussion about Watson's arm strength in the vid gifs I posted that they do not agree with you. So again, pointing out a claim that you made was incorrect.

Quote:
Quote:
--
I post my opinions on the QBs each year. I thought Dak would do ok if he had time to develop and didn't mind if we drafted him. Nothing he was doing in college made you think he would have that good a year.
Posting opinions isn't the same as posting rankings. Ranking can clearly be referenced cut and dry with out any post facto rhetoric explaining away comments made. Take the case of Dak Prescott. You said you haven't missed in 5? years? Well it seems pretty clear that not only did you miss on Dak you're trying to rationalize it by trying to take credit away from him, lol.

Anyhow cheers.

Last edited by edromeo; 04/02/17 01:58 PM.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Thanks for sharing. Cian Fahey does an excellent job evaluating QBs. His 'QB Catalogue' should be coming out soon as well.
I really respect Fahey's evaluations and process. Its a good combo on film backed up by quantifiable numbers.

He's more harsh then I am, but he echoes some of the same things myself and a few others have been saying in this thread.

Good talent no doubt, but has many tendencies that lower his evaluation for me.

B
Legend
Legend
B
That is probably part of the reason we keep stocking picks, so we have the ability to make a move when the time seems right.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
lol too many quote boxes

I was asking for the link because I thought I might go back again and get the energy to go into more detail about it later this week. No offense but just because you find someone who has a different opinion than me doesn't prove me wrong. At THIS point in time all anyone has is OPINIONS. The only thing that will PROVE me wrong is Watson's performance in the NFL. Honestly the kid is a super nice person so I hope he does. I have zero against him as a person. He just doesn't have a great skill set when it comes to ball placement skills and I have yet to see a college QB have great success moving up from college unless they already have the ability to put the ball in a great place to catch it. Watson is all over the place with his ball placement so I don't think he will succeed. I am rooting for him to prove me wrong or get the help he needs to improve.

Different posters with different opinions doesn't prove me wrong. It just means people have different opinions. you haven't shown me anything that proves he has high ball velocity in his throws and the only time its' been measured confirmed my opinion instead of going against it. But hey the combine numbers are just fake numbers right?

So let me get this right ... because I do a full eval on a QB including predictions on how they will do in the NFL in various situations that is less meaningful that saying so and so is #1, #2, etc through random guessing? That's is nonsense. A better QB can go to a crappy team and be held back by what he is playing with. A mediocre QB can go to a great team and excel because of what he is working with too.

I had said Dak would be a good QB if he went to the right team so how exactly was I wrong about him. I mean you honestly think he puts up great numbers with the Browns instead of Dallas? Your reaching a little too hard man.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I was asking for the link because I thought I might go back again and get the energy to go into more detail about it later this week.
You're all over the place. You say you watched and that it confirmed your view. Then you ask for the link to go back and watch it again, lol. The vid is in the same place its always been. In the Watson film thread.

Quote:
No offense but just because you find someone who has a different opinion than me doesn't prove me wrong.
You don't have to keep saying no offense and no disrespect...its disingenuous.

And where did I say his opinion proves you wrong? I just asked you if you watched. You're the one waffling on whether not you watched it and claimed it reinforced your view.

Quote:
He just doesn't have a great skill set when it comes to ball placement skills and I have yet to see a college QB have great success moving up from college unless they already have the ability to put the ball in a great place to catch it. Watson is all over the place with his ball placement so I don't think he will succeed.
Lol, you claim Watson lacks ball placement then champion Mahomes? Lol. Based on our conversations about the plays I would say that your biased based on your assessment of Watson's ball placement because you fault his ball placement even when its correct.

Quote:
Different posters with different opinions doesn't prove me wrong.
Dude. YOU were the one that brought up other posters agreeing with you. YOU did that. All I did was point out that the posters were not agreeing with you. I don't care one way or another if they agree with you or not. I was responded to your factually incorrect statement that posters agreed with you.

Quote:
...its' been measured confirmed my opinion instead of going against it. But hey the combine numbers are just fake numbers right?
Lol, nope they
re not fake numbers. But they're not accurate representation of a prospects true velocity.

Honest question do you even know how the combine numbers are measured? Lol, NFL teams are not going to rely on such obviously inaccurate method to measure an evaluation metric that is important to their process.

Quote:
So let me get this right ... because I do a full eval on a QB including predictions
Fyi a prediction is not an evaluation its a guess.

Quote:
on how they will do in the NFL in various situations that is less meaningful that saying so and so is #1, #2, etc through random guessing?
I have no idea how random guessing fits in to your obviously rhetorical question so I can't answer it.

Quote:
Your reaching a little too hard man.
Lol, you create a bunch of strawmen arguments and rhetorical questions and claim I'm reaching? Suuurrreeee.

You can have the last word on this. I don't have the stamina when there's actual football to discuss.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Just a general thought.

I don't like the idea of drafting a guy to play quarterback (especially in the first few rounds) if the consensus is that you basically have to "reprogram" how he plays the position...

When you start changing throwing motions, or focusing on footwork or mechanics, first off, you're losing so much time. In today's NFL, no one has the time to wait on QBs anymore.

And then I feel like, what's the chance that after you "fix" him, that he's either not as "good" as he was before, or that you end up finding out that he's just not actually good..

Where QBs get drafted vs. where they probably should go as it relates to that class' talent pool is almost maddening.

A guy like Mahomes, who seems to need at least two whole seasons to learn, should never be considered with a 1st round pick. Shouldn't even be a thought... regardless of what he ends up becoming.

I hate drafting QBs.

This message has been sponsored by the "Just get Garopollo" foundation

Good post! I hate drafting QB's too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Quote:
If Winston was 80 percent of where he needed to be to excel in the NFL, Wentz is closer to 30.

^Cian Fahey was wrong on Wentz and the green horn is wrong on Mahomes too.

Too many errors to mention imo.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Doesn't Fahey also believe Kizer is the best of the class?

Here's an article that looks at the things Fahey criticizes (like touch, looking off defenders, and throwing into tight windows) from a different perspective with gifs to illustrate as well. He shows both the positive and negative aspects of his game, but comes away with an entirely different conclusion.

Link

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Here's an article that looks at the things Fahey criticizes (like touch, looking off defenders, and throwing into tight windows) from a different perspective with gifs to illustrate as well. He shows both the positive and negative aspects of his game, but comes away with an entirely different conclusion.

Link

I believe he said Kizer has the most talent, but is not good.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Link

I believe he said Kizer has the most talent, but is not good.

Cian Fahey Verified account @Cianaf
Trubisky. Kizer has a lot to like he just can't throw the ball.

Tweet

*Note, the reason he mentions Trubisky in the tweet was in response to someone asking him if he liked any of the rookie QBs he had studied.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Whatever dude. You're obviously just out to argue for the sake of arguing. You take my sincerity and twist it into some twisted double talk of your own imagining. I'm done flailing at windmills by thinking you could have a discussion when you're just looking for a target to browbeat because they don't fall in line with what you want them to think. I hope Watson does well and meets your expectations of him with the way you've stuck your neck out for him.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Whatever dude. You're obviously just out to argue for the sake of arguing. You take my sincerity and twist it into some twisted double talk of your own imagining. I'm done flailing at windmills by thinking you could have a discussion when you're just looking for a target to browbeat because they don't fall in line with what you want them to think. I hope Watson does well and meets your expectations of him with the way you've stuck your neck out for him.

The problem is that you come are here praising a QB and showing very litle evidence of it(film) and downgrading a QB where there is plenty of film that proves you wrong.

Not even considering that Watson was the most successfull QB against teams that most resemble the NFL.

Just take a look at the Bama games, where he is playing against the best D in college, and I would say a NFL talent D. Or go and look at the Ohio games, where is he playing against a D which has several top 10 DB's.

In this games you can see the good and the bad about Deshaun. IMHO the good far exceeds the Bad, but I can understand why some have reservations about him, specially if you want a pure pocket passer.

What I don't understand is people praising Trubisky and at the same time downgraing Watson, when they are very simmilar with the plus that Watson has the intangibles and the resume to back it up.

Legend
Legend
Short-armed it, eh?

Was that number a typo? Do we have any patterns that are 70 yards long?

Quite the arm has this one . . . .

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Kizer has a lot to like he just can't throw the ball.

rofl But I hear he makes a mean soufflé.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't believe this guy is getting this much national play. That shows you how weak this class is.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: BpG
I can't believe this guy is getting this much national play. That shows you how weak this class is.

Kizer or Mahomes?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Both.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If Kizer the QB can't throw the ball let's draft him and make a WR out of him!!! thumbsup

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Patrick Mahomes

Link Copied to Clipboard