Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
When you hear the Browns are considering Leonard Fournette with the first pick remember that the rumors started with this excerpt from a Jason La Canfora article/column:

Quote:
Some have suggested to me that Fournette is even in play at No. 1 with the Browns. Yes, you read that correctly. I don’t see that happening, and in the end, I suspect the Browns take pass rusher Myles Garrett. But then again, the Browns are capable of some extreme curve balls in that front office and their version of analytics tends to swing outside of convention. Maybe someone believes the devaluation of running backs has gone too far.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-n...ey-before-cook/

This above quote will be taken out of context for the next several hours/days.

That axe has got to be about ground to the handle at this point, no?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CanadaDawg
Ideally within some reality
1. Myles Garrett
12. Jamal Adams/Mitch Tribusky

What I actually think goes does
1. Garrett
12. Trade down

^This

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'd be good with that if Adams/Hooker are gone. Trade down a few picks and still get Mahomes and extra picks to move around in the 2nd with.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
fournette at 1 would make me very angry

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
#1: Garret
#2: Hooker/Adams/Fournette

B
Legend
Legend
B
I still like Howard. I hope he is there. The guy creates a big problem.

Backers can't cover him. So if they stay in a base D, he either get's open or is covered up by a safety.

If he is covered up by a safety, that creates 1 on 1 on one of the outside receivers with no help over the top.

If the other team goes nickel, Howard can block. Just run all over them since a backer is off the field.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yeah I'm coming around to Howard as my top choice for 12 if Allen and Thomas are gone.

M
Legend
Legend
M
IMO, I don't think he gets out of the top 10.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
IMO, I don't think he gets out of the top 10.

Maybe not. None of us know who goes where. We can only project. Being there at 12 isn't unrealistic. It's not like i am calling to draft him at #33.

If he is there, he is my pick. I agree with you, to drop to 12 will require some nail biting and good luck. That is why I'd like to see a couple of QB's taken off the board before then.

I'd even consider trading up a few slots to get him. He would have a huge impact on our O.

After him, I might not consider another O player until you are digging around for gold in the 4th round or later.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
... 1 on 1 on one ...

I've taken this completely out of any context, but I stumbled on that for three readings before I got it. It was like a skip in a record. wink

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I admit I skim read this thread, but it seems people are discounting how good Hooker really is.

He very well could end up being the top player in this draft. I am not sure anyone can match his skill set. The tackling criticisms are way overblown. The range and athleticism are being undervalued.

Hooker is going to be a stud. Bank on it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's why I take Garrett and then trade up for Hooker if I think I have to. There's two impact players out of the 1st round. If we can then pick two CBs I wouldn't care about the rest of the draft.

#gmstrong
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I agree. Garrett #1. Then trade up for Adams or Hooker.

If they can't trade up, I would not hate on WR Williams. Then take Baker out of Washington in the Second round.

I hope we don't reach on a QB and instead give Kessler a shot. Kessler proved competent last season and should only improve with a year experience as well as a better offensive line. If we pass on a QB, we can put he right pieces in place to be very competitive this year.

There is no doubt that everyone on this thread will be watching the development of Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes throughout the next three years. Wether they play for the Browns or not.

As far as RB's go, I think the duo of Crow and Johnson are solid. Lets see Hue give them the rock more often and see what we have.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree on Kessler. He was a rookie behind a banged up O-line. He had a very respectable 92 QB rating.

Sure, he had some problems. Most rookies do.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
J/C...

No WR or RB at 12!
Trubisky or if he is gone then a good Defender is there for us...BPA on the D. Possibly OJ if he's still on the board...the kid is more valuable then any WR in this draft!
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
OJ is the #1 receiver in this draft. IMO

Ozzie was our #1 receiver. Why not OJ????

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I am liking Howard more and more, but I do not think he will be there at 12.

Then hope Baker is there at 33.

Last edited by DawgPound75; 04/13/17 09:20 AM.
Legend
Legend
howard won't be there IMO. I bet he goes top 10

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Just remember there are about 20 players going top 10...lol laugh

there is a scenario though that if there is a run on QBs (at least 2 or more), RBs (2 or more), WR (1), OJ, A special special defensive player will be there for us at 12. Hooker, Allen (cause of the injury thing) and/or Barnett.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why I be saying " Going to be stud sittin there at # 12 "

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
This got my mind going...why are really truly the top 10 LOCKS...

Off the top of my head I've say...

- Myles Garrett
- Malik Hooker
- Jonathon Allen
- Lattimore

Any of those 4 I'd bet the farm on them going top 10. After that, I dunno.... all depends on how the dominos fall.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: CanadaDawg
This got my mind going...why are really truly the top 10 LOCKS...

Off the top of my head I've say...

- Myles Garrett
- Malik Hooker
- Jonathon Allen
- Lattimore

Any of those 4 I'd bet the farm on them going top 10. After that, I dunno.... all depends on how the dominos fall.

I think you can add Adams. In fact he may go off the board before Allen. Fournette is going top 10 as well. I'd put money on both.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you want Kessler at QB we have to change the offense. Go straight WCO. He doesn't have the arm talent or accuracy on the long ball to run the down the field offense. Hue does know the WCO and can run that so if Kessler is our QB of the future then we better start building an offense he can run right now. No reason to put him in an O he isn't suited for. That is the offense that Denver ran when Brock was there.... WCO, Of course, they HAD a running game and a great D.

With him at QB and not much of a running game our defense would have to be top five to win any games. We sure as hell aren't going to outduel anyone on offense and with a mediocre running game, our D is going to be on the field a LOT.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
E
Legend
Legend
E
Make that Adams and Thomas...so there are 6 definite top 10. Now if there is a Run on QBs, Possibly a RB or two throw in a WR...One of those 6 will be there at #12 wink

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Except that we will have a good running game. We had one last year, we just didn't run it enough, and now we have upgraded the Oline and we still have a draft where we are bound to select a O-lineman somewhere in the mix.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
1 garrett
2 hooker drops because no gm wants to lose his job by drafting a high number 1 that is not ready for training camp.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
1) Miles Garrett

12) Trade down. Or OJ Howard/ Gareon Conley

Legend
Legend
1 garrett
2 hooker, adams, howard, trade

P
Legend
Legend
P
1. Garrett ... If it's anyone else (Hooker/Adams) I see a trade down...

12. Trubisky/OJ Howard or trade down ...

33. Trade Down/QB ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
If you want Kessler at QB we have to change the offense. Go straight WCO. He doesn't have the arm talent or accuracy on the long ball to run the down the field offense. Hue does know the WCO and can run that so if Kessler is our QB of the future then we better start building an offense he can run right now. No reason to put him in an O he isn't suited for. That is the offense that Denver ran when Brock was there.... WCO, Of course, they HAD a running game and a great D.

With him at QB and not much of a running game our defense would have to be top five to win any games. We sure as hell aren't going to outduel anyone on offense and with a mediocre running game, our D is going to be on the field a LOT.

I disagree. I believe Kessler was groomed more a WCO in college, did not get much practice time last off season, and was not prepared to run a full scale offense. I do not believe Cody's arm strength is outstanding. I think it is BS a QB must have arm strength to play in Cleveland. Two words...Brian...Sipe! Explain why Kessler in any different?

I get Hue stated Kessler must improved the deep ball. Browns receivers must improve their routs as well. Just like the Kardiac Kid offense in the 80's Browns must become a well rounded offense. I do see many similarities. Just like Sipe, it will take a couple years.

Real question how does Hue feel? In 12 days, I think we find out. I side taking Garrett #1, but if there is a slightest thinking Hue believes in a QB in this draft. They must take one at #1 or trade up to #2.

QB taken this year will require 2 or 3 years to become functional. Are not the Browns already doing something similar in Kessler? My biggest argument against drafting a QB is if it takes 3 years to develop why are we drafting in the first. Other positions in this years draft show a lot of talent. Missing taking one near the top I feel is a mistake. Taking two this year is similar taking a top 10 prospect in back to back years.

I know I am lone wolf here, but I say build around Kessler. Create a championship defense. Stop chasing the perfect QB specimen.

Legend
Legend

Because the draft date is dragging on and on I starting looking around more.

Garrett should be a lock at number one. Really a no brainer.

Unless the Browns make a move up the Board Trubisky most likely will be gone. There is a chance though that he lands there at 12 and the Browns grab him. At this point he seems to be the guy they favor??

However, if they do not move up and someone does select him then what?

Pick 12 is there and they have Garrett. There are a few players that may be available at 12 that are in my mind game changers. Solomon Thomas, Malik Hooker and OJ Howard.
Of course they all could be gone.

If that is the case. I like Mahomes.

I have done a lot of work on this guy. The rap of course is off brand offense, gaudy numbers, pre-determined reads, poor footwork, lack of discipline, at times broken mechanics.

At the same time nobody denies the talent this guy has.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/13/patrick-mahomes-nfl-draft-pro-day-texas-tech

Mahomes has a bunch of people behind him that all have his best interest at heart. His family (ex pro baseball player) agents with money, mentors, coaches, QB guru's etc.

I have looked at a bunch of behind the scenes stuff about Mahomes. He has confidence. He has been around the professional scene. Played with Jeter and A-Rod as a kid. He was a big time pitching prospect. He would have been drafted very high as a baseball prospect. He was still drafted by the Tigers even though they knew he chose football.

He has been taught about what it takes and what it takes to play for a career. His father played many years in the major and minors.

In watching him he is well aware of what he has to work on to improve. He has no problem putting in the work to improve. He worked with Manziel's former qb coach. Who notes that Mahomes is a much better prospect. Bigger, stronger, much better arm.

I have looked at his field tape. His flaws are correctable.

I would strongly consider him at 12 if Trubisky was gone.

Legend
Legend
assuming we take Garrett at 1 ... I'd like to have Hooker, Adams, Howard, or Allen at 12

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Bone, for the first time this year, I believe teams needing a QB will take one early. Unless they get a kings ransom to trade down they take a QB.

It is why I believe Browns go all in choosing Kessler. Let quality drop in their lap. Way I see it. Teams drafting after #10 will laugh at the above taking low grade.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Right now I'm locked into 2 players

Garrett at 1
Baker at 33

If Hue wants Trubisky I make it happen at #5.

If not or he's gone top 3 I stay at 12 and take whoever we like better between Howard and Davis.

Legend
Legend
i agree whip ... garrett, howard, baker is awesome

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I like Davis more than Howard at 12 because of how loaded this TE class is compared to wideout.

Love Howard but if I can get Hodges or Kittle or others later, give me Davis.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Yeah, good point. I Don't know much about Davis because I haven't seen him play. I'm so skeptical of draftin WR so high because of our past results in rounds 1/2

Legend
Legend
Looks like CBS finally got around to watching Hodges' tape. He has dropped 99 slots in the last three weeks and they have him rated 173 now.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I'd love Baker to be a Brown. He is a football player. I wanted the honey badger a few years back, he was the same kind of player. These guys just KNOW how to play.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: drobs
I'd love Baker to be a Brown. He is a football player. I wanted the honey badger a few years back, he was the same kind of player. These guys just KNOW how to play.

And often times this doesn't show up at the combines or pro days. The film tells you everything and I agree with those who say he just knows how to play the game.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Your pick for #1 and #12?

Link Copied to Clipboard