Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'd like MG at #1 and the BPA at #12 whomever our FO believes it is. We have to draft talent this year. I believe with last years draft and FA we now have some depth. It's time to bring in the talent and we have a golden opportunity with all our picks and this deep draft. This is our chance to finally turn this franchise around.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
#1 Garrett
#12 - T.J. Watt (could trade down a little and still get him probably)

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: myka
#1 Garrett

What position are you playing Watt at?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Originally Posted By: myka
#1 Garrett

What position are you playing Watt at?

Sam

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
If we're drafting a SAM at 12, I personally would much rather take Reddick. At least we know he can cover. He started off at corner at Temple and is fast AF.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good point.
But Myka also suggested trading down.

I didn't know Reddick started as a corner

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
J/c

I don't like the idea of drafting a Sam at pick number 12. This defense already has their linebackers when you consider that Greg Williams played nickel and use a nickel safety if I recall correctly about 70% of their snaps in Los Angeles. To me that seems to spell a Sam in this defense would only see roughly about 30% of the snaps.

And TJ watt reminds me Joe schobert with the walk pedigree but I would have to go back and kind of look at their numbers but from looking at them or film I feel like they're similar players and I still think that Joe schobert has a chance in this league especially if he gets a place I am as opposed to 34 outside linebacker.

Apologies for the weirdness of this post because I'm using voice to text

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did Williams use that personnel because it was his preference or because that was how he tailored his defensive scheme to best fit the players he had to work with?

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
1) Myles Garrett, I hope they don't overthink it, he will make everyone better on that line. This franchise needs players that the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals HAVE to gameplay around.
12) I still believe that Garapollo is in play, I just can't see Belichick watching him walk next year when he could have had 2 or 3 picks. If Mitch is available, take him, if not OJ Howard, dude is gonna be awesome, same comments as I stated earlier about game planning from our division foes

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Jester
Did Williams use that personnel because it was his preference or because that was how he tailored his defensive scheme to best fit the players he had to work with?

It's not just Williams, the entire league is in sub packages 70% of the time. Drafting a linebacker early would not be smart.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Except that we will have a good running game. We had one last year, we just didn't run it enough, and now we have upgraded the Oline and we still have a draft where we are bound to select a O-lineman somewhere in the mix.

You see Crow as a 1500 yard 15 touchdown back? I don't see him as the kind of a back that can take over a game. Now, if we were to draft a guy that can punish a defense and get the really tough yards? That would be different. We shall see. With any QB scenario this season we BETTER run the ball more often and we better eat clock. Keep the D off the field as much as possible. Crow has never run for more than 1000 yards and never scored double digit TD's. That needs to change. If he shows me something I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier. I'm hoping we draft a running back that can challenge Crowell for playing time. This draft is deep in RB talent. That way even if Crowell starts if he gets hurt or just can't do what is needed we have a backup plan!

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
B
Legend
Legend
B
I have no problem drafting a back. I do see Crow in the 1500 yard rage if given the carries. 1500 yards is about chances. Crow averaged 12 carries a game at 4.8 a carry. Say he got 18 carries a game? You can do the math. There are backs who get 20 carries a game.

Sure, there are better backs, but he is good enough to carry the load.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Garrett then Howard.
If he ends up anything like a Gronk type TE it's a bonanza for us.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Garrett then Howard.

Gronk without the injury history.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There are pretty solid TEs available but I'd want OJ out of all of them. The Hooker train of thought is a pipe dream. We need a legit Red Zone target.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Garrett then Howard.

Still my answer as well.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If Mike Evans was there are 12 I would very much enjoy drafting him. I think he makes a perfect combo with Corey.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think we have Corey and four other guys we drafted last year. One of those guys has to be able to step-up. I mean, one out of four of them just has to be good, eh?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: ddubia
I think we have Corey and four other guys we drafted last year. One of those guys has to be able to step-up. I mean, one out of four of them just has to be good, eh?

They have to prove to me they can draft talent that can produce day one and can ride the upside wave and become better. We're well aware of our history of drafting players that didn't amount to anything. If it was NE drafting, I'd probably say two out of the four will likely step up. But here, as of yet, gotta be skeptical.

This FO is young though, so I'm willing to give them a clear cut chance to prove to me as' well as some time to do so.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree Crow can be close to a 1500 yard back especially with an improved O-line and hopefully a better passing game. That will open things up more, something we couldn't do last season.

Legend
Legend
HD, for now I see very little reason to expect a significant improvement in our passing game, sadly.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If we take Garrett at #1 and Truly Truly we are in love with Trubisky how willing would everyone be on trading #52 and #97 to move up to #5 ahead of the Jets, the Chargers and the Bills to make sure we get him because thats what it would cost according to the NFL Draft Value Chart @ www.walterfootball.com ... I would be ok with that thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
If we take Garrett at #1 and Truly Truly we are in love with Trubisky how willing would everyone be on trading #52 and #97 to move up to #5 ahead of the Jets, the Chargers and the Bills to make sure we get him because thats what it would cost according to the NFL Draft Value Chart @ www.walterfootball.com ... I would be ok with that thumbsup

The draft value is irrelevant when discussing our current front office.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1. Garrett
1b. Trubisky or Mahomes
2. budda Baker S
2b. WR Ju Ju Smith
3. CB Tez Tabor maybe Sydney Jones
4. RB Joe Mixon No one touches him to the 4th

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nope.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Not if we want to trade up with someone ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Not if we want to trade up with someone ...

I guarantee our front office doesn't use the old draft value chart.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K

In a NY Minute.

I'm one of only a few who projects Trubs as a long term quality QB. And with 13 Starts and 31 Games played, it IS projection. I just happen to Love how this kid looks in the pocket.

He looks like a REAL QB. Not one of these yuppies that reads and takes off which many think the NFL is turning toward. And that's BS. Every good team in this league has a Pocket QB.

All you young guys love these Read Option and Spread Offenses, they're exciting and produce massive numbers but they ain't winning in the NFL consistently. And prolly never will.

Trubisky has 1year of Starting. I'm not crazy about that. Actually I hate it. But he's had a decent year Completion % wise and TD to Pick Ratio. It's a projection as to what he will be like in a couple NFL years.

Look. It sucks we constantly have to deal with the thought of getting a decent QB in here. It kills opportunity like a Garrett/Howard combo. That really blows. But it is what it is.

We have the Ammo to do whatever we want. And if we like Trubisky, then make the damn move and get him if you think other teams are interested in front of us.

We're due some luck. And a Local Boy who grew up a Browns Fan and wants to play here is eerily similar to 1985. And that's the last time this team had Cleveland Rockin'.

You younger guys that weren't around at that time would be wise to search for and watch some games from that era. Specifically the Browns Jets Playoff OT Game and the 86 AFC Championship Game against Denver in Cleveland.

Get Trubisky in here and let Jackson and Crew start getting him ready. If he's the intelligent quick study I believe he is, get him ready for Week 10 after the London game and use the bye week to hand over the reigns.

Take the chance on this kid.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: kwhip

We're due some luck. And a Local Boy who grew up a Browns Fan and wants to play here is eerily similar to 1985. And that's the last time this team had Cleveland Rockin'.

You younger guys that weren't around at that time would be wise to search for and watch some games from that era. Specifically the Browns Jets Playoff OT Game and the 86 AFC Championship Game against Denver in Cleveland.

Get Trubisky in here and let Jackson and Crew start getting him ready. If he's the intelligent quick study I believe he is, get him ready for Week 10 after the London game and use the bye week to hand over the reigns.

Take the chance on this kid.

You see 1985, I see 2007.

I'd rather take the stud DB (Revis in 07), than the overrated local QB that looks good in shorts (Brady Quinn).

Hopefully Miles Garrett can be our defensive version of Joe Thomas and we take a stud DB (I'd love Hooker, but would settle for Humphrey) instead of reaching for a QB this time around.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm seeing and hearing more and more and more projection that Trubisky will be there at #12.

Also this morning news Foster failed a drug test at the Combine. Diluted sample .... If he falls out of the first round I would take him in a heartbeat at 33

So in my perfect world -

#1 - Garret
#12 - Trubisky
#33 - Foster.

Last edited by mgh888; 04/21/17 08:21 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I'm seeing and hearing more and more and more projection that Trubisky will be there at #12.

Also this morning news Foster failed a drug test at the Combine. Diluted sample .... If he falls out of the first round I would take him in a heartbeat at 33

So in my perfect world -

#1 - Garret
#12 - Trubisky
#33 - Foster.

Dude seriously? We don't need druggies here anymore. Seriously?????????????

M
Legend
Legend
M
Everything about Foster screams football player. Yep - I'd take him at 33.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have a feeling he will be available even later than #33 ...

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...
1. I don't think he beats out Kirksey for our MLB spot.
2. This draft is so so strong in CB/DB I don't think we got ILB on our board at all until possibly late rounds (if we don't trade those picks) for Special Teams consideration.

3. The short of it. I don't want "HIM" on our team at all and frankly not looking to add an ILB until maybe Round 5.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Everything about Foster screams football player. Yep - I'd take him at 33.

To me, everything about him screams dummy. Knowing you're going to be required to drug test at the combine and still finding a way to screw it up, yep - I'd pass on him just as I would Mixon, even if he's there in the 7th round.

For me, I'm just completely done with kids with troubled events and etc. Completely.

M
Legend
Legend
M
You might be right.

But he, Lattimore and Adams are who I expect to be heading the candidates as defensive rookie of the year. It's why I'd take him.

Legend
Legend
Watson at 12

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
Watson at 12

I don't believe Watson would be our choice at 33 to be honest. Hue wants a big arm, well Watson doesn't give u that. The FO values accuracy well he doesn't give you that either. Ok can he comes in and run your offense immediately? No he runs that Clemson spread gonna take him some time to learn to drop and read at the same time.

Just rumor stuff but have heard best interviews with us was Kizer and Mahomes but this regime does like Trubisky a lot.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Foster remind me a little of Burfict but better IMHO. I think he will be a steal in the 2nd but we have more pressing holes than a 3rd LB.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It seems to me Garrett @ #1 is a done deal. Every draft has someone fall that should have been a top 10 pick. My hope is that we pick that guy at #12. Who that will be, I haven't a clue. If there's more than 1....?

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Your pick for #1 and #12?

Link Copied to Clipboard