Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
It really doesn't. Just because the media "claims" people are moving up doesn't mean it's true. They just figure out more the closer things get to the draft and aren't willing to claim stupidity. lol

Under your scenario it seems you believe that teams expect some of these players to be stupid prior to their interviews. That's simply not the case. Now you may move someone up a few spots because he's even more than you expected, but not a lot.

What often times happens is a guy comes in and you find out he's dumber that a box of rocks and he moves down.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
There's no chance we don't know the pick

Just saw a segment on NFL.COM with Silver talking about our #1 pick.

He said we have known for 2 weeks now who we are going to pick.
He said there are only around 4-5 who know who we are going to take...we can only ASSume Hue is one of them. Sashi, AB,
Depodesta and Hue...possibly the Owners also???

He said that Sashi said we are not desperate for a QB and won't make a desperate move for one in the draft! So I don't think there is a doubt who #1 is and I don't think we will move up in the draft to take a QB.

jmho

possibilities at 12 are endless and then you have players with so much talent with so many ?????

Mixon top 10 talent + the video
Conley top 15 talent + rape allegations no arrest
Sydney Jones top 10 talent + ACL could play this year
Reuben Foster top 15 talent + failed drug test
Corey Davis top 10 talent + hasn't been able to run
Malik Hooker top 10 talent + cant workout for anyone

Has anyone ever seen this much talent at the top of the draft with so many questions going on and there are probably a few guys I have forgotten.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
If the Browns draft a QB in the top half of the first round this FO and coaching staff will be putting a punctuation point on the end of their careers here.

I don't believe there's a QB in this draft that would have been selected in the first round the last few years. Desperation is not an excuse to reach for a QB.

People need to remember, at seasons end not one of these QB's were considered to be worthy of such a high pick. Since then, not one of them have taken a snap. They are the exact same QB's now that they were then. If they weren't worthy of it then, they certainly aren't now. Nothing has changed.

IF any QB is taken in the top half of the fist round it would be Watson.

Last year Deshaun was the #1 QB, and I would say that although Wentz really impressed me, I still think that he's better than him and Goff.

So with all the info we have, Dak would be #1 and Wentz or Watson the #2

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Report: Broncos looking to trade up

Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2017, 2:17 PM EDT

At a time when plenty of teams in the first round would like to trade down, there’s not an overabundance looking to trade up. One franchise exploring it, according to Adam “Stella Liebeck” Schefter of ESPN is the Broncos.

Denver currently sits at No. 20. If they’re looking to move up, it’s not because they generally want a higher position; it’s because they have a specific player or two in mind.

One could be local product Christian McCaffrey, the son of former Broncos receiver Ed. Earlier this week, Broncos G.M. John Elway laughed off the team’s pre-draft meeting with McCaffrey.

“He was close and it was free,” Elway said, laughing. “And we wanted to meet with him. He’s a great kid. We like Christian a lot and we wanted to bring him in. It was one of those [where] he was in the area, so we wanted to take advantage of that to get to see him again. He’s a great kid.”

With McCaffrey expected to go between No. 5 and No. 15, the Broncos could possibly get him without having to go up very far.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
No way Trubisky is #1. He only played 13 games. If our FO drafts him #1 they will be fired sooner rather than later. If we draft excellent defensive players with 3 of our first 4 picks (I would not mind the TE Howard), then that can be a good foundation to a solid football team.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
No way Trubisky is #1. He only played 13 games. If our FO drafts him #1 they will be fired sooner rather than later.

Even if it is Jimmy & his homeless buddy that pull the trigger.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Report: Falcons could trade up in first round

Posted by Josh Alper on April 27, 2017, 3:10 PM EDT

We’ve heard a lot this week about teams drafting early that would like to trade down in the first round and the lack of interest from buyers, but there are some teams that are reportedly open to such a move.

The Broncos are reportedly looking to move up from No. 20 and the 2016 NFC champions may be joining them in that pursuit. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Falcons are “plotting a potential move” during the first round on Thursday.

Any move up wouldn’t be done just for the sake of picking earlier in the process, so any deal will almost certainly be contingent on a player the Falcons want being available at the right spot. It’s not clear who that player would be, but pass rusher and guard would be two spots where an addition would make sense.

Unless they are planning something similar to the trade that netted them the pick they used to select Julio Jones, that would seem likely to be somewhere near the end of the round as moving way up from No. 31 would cost Atlanta a lot.

Legend
Legend
I never mind trading back if everyone available at our pick is "even". Unless Hooker, Howard, Adams falls to 12 at least

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
If we are at 12 and Adams Allen Howard, Hooker, and Thomas are gone, our best bet would probably be to go corner. If that's the case, I'd take 20 and 51 from DEN, then 31 and next year's 2 for 20. The CB you're going to get at 12 isn't that different than what you'll get at 31.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
If we are at 12 and Adams Allen Howard, Hooker, and Thomas are gone, our best bet would probably be to go corner. If that's the case, I'd take 20 and 51 from DEN, then 31 and next year's 2 for 20. The CB you're going to get at 12 isn't that different than what you'll get at 31.

The rumor is that they want to trade up for McCaffrey. If that's the case they will probably need to get into the top five.

Legend
Legend
Not Trubisky at one. Media shouting for it, but no way I pray. Keep our one and twelve. Trade with the residue for him if you want him. Trading up puts other choices in reach. Have fun with it. AFTER # 1!!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Have told my Son over and over again ( he is a nervous wreck for this draft ) They will do the right thing at # 1 but will probably screw up # 12 .. lol

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Media shouting for it, but no way I pray.

They are? I haven't seen one person in the media say we should take Trubisky at #1.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Watching lots of NFLN today and they guy reporting from Berea says Browns are gonna take MG.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

They are? I haven't seen one person in the media say we should take Trubisky at #1.

You haven't read Mary Kay, have you?
Plus, it's all over the place today.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

You haven't read Mary Kay, have you?
Plus, it's all over the place today.

I avoid Mary Kay Cabot like the plague.

I know some media is saying we might take Trubisky, but I haven't seen anyone say we should.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

The rumor is that they want to trade up for McCaffrey. If that's the case they will probably need to get into the top five.

West coast bias.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Turn on ESPN or the NFLN thats all they are talking about ... McShay picked him at one ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
All Pro
All Pro
I can't wait!

Last edited by Stetson76; 04/27/17 03:55 PM.

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Turn on ESPN or the NFLN thats all they are talking about ... McShay picked him at one ...

Should take him. Has anyone said we should take him?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes they just did on ESPN

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Mike Silver is probably the most connected IMO ... He says MG, I trust him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C

I don't think you don't know the difference between them projecting what we will do and what they would do if they were drafting.

Legend
Legend
I had read Denver wanted to move up to make sure they got Bolles.

Yep, seeing it again:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/4/27/...f-the-nfl-draft

If Denver wants Bolles and Atlanta loves Lamp, it could work. Miami could take Lamp at 22.

P
Legend
Legend
P

I don't think you don't know the difference between them projecting what we will do and what they would do if they were drafting.

Are you serious lol rofl rofl tongue

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm pretty sure he is. If he's not, I am.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
One things for sure, we're going to have to wait out the entire night with the possibility of a trade up from 33...

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
P
Legend
Legend
P
2 peas in a pod, all thats missing is vers

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/27/17 04:08 PM.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: Stetson76
One things for sure, we're going to have to wait out the entire night with the possibility of a trade up from 33...

That will be a piece of cake after the wait for pick 1 today. Can't wait.

C
Legend
Legend
C

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/857657407203397632

P
Legend
Legend
P

It's pretty simple. I've had NFL Network on all day. I have heard them say what they thought we would do, yet I haven't heard them say we should draft Trub #1 overall or even trade up or draft him at #12.

There's a big difference in what people think you will do rather than say what you should do.

If you want to actually take a look, most of these draft people have Trub rated as the #2 QB in this draft with Watson rated at #1.

These people understand how weak this QB class is and how much of a reach it would be to draft Trub this early. They just don't trust that we're not fools. I'm worried they may be right. Trub at #12 or a move up is the act of fools. I hope we avoid filling that role.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not McShay Matt Hasselbeck said it ... "Cleveland Should draft Trubisky" confused

P
Legend
Legend
P
I've had it on all day too, I wasn't talking about NFLN it was on ESPN where I heard Hasselbeck say that ... superconfused

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Description of the player the #Browns are taking at No. 1 from someone in the know: “One who is clearly, clearly better than anyone else.”

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/857694365082411008

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The Kicker from Arizona State?

D
Legend
Legend
D
MKC: Garrett the #1, per multiple sources.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...art_maj-story-1

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dave
MKC: Garrett the #1, per multiple sources.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...art_maj-story-1

thumbsup

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Trubisky at number 1, book it!

Please, not at number 1. Pick the pick that is most likely the best selection in the draft, Garrett. Don't blow this opportunity.

I don't know about anyone else, I know it's only 5:10 pm. I'm not talking about this post.

I don't ask for much, but I think posting picks before they are made is Uncool. Right or Wrong, I don't know, nobody knows, and it just makes things confusing,
I think it's rude, maybe I'm In the minority here.

2. This is the CLEVELAND BROWNS MESSAGE BOARD: I think if you want to talk about other teams drafts, they should get their own thread.

3. Vague or unclear picks, I think it leaves something to be desiered to read about "the next big guy" and the poster assumes we know :
The position he plays,
The school he plays for, or
The team he's going to, and
when it's unclear if it's a rumor, maybe or a fact!

Merry Christmas!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Shefter now tweeting the same thing. Sor, I didn't copy the link.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Description of the player the #Browns are taking at No. 1 from someone in the know: “One who is clearly, clearly better than anyone else.”

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/857694365082411008

Jeremiah Ledbetter at 1?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Draft rumors flying about #1.

Link Copied to Clipboard