Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
The Kizer/Kelly relationship is/was toxic. You can hear it from both guys, they hate each other.

I think it was best for Kizer to come out. Kizer is not going to develop under Kelly any more than he already has because Kelly is a nimrod whose hot head gets him in trouble.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Wonder what Everett golson thinks of Kelly.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Might as well start him.

Yeah. I said it.

I think it's clear that he's our best QB.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Might as well start him.

Yeah. I said it.

A mix of Tom Brady and Cam Newton

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Might as well start him.

Yeah. I said it.

A mix of Tom Brady and Cam Newton

He could be a mix of Peter Brady and a Fig Newton and he'd be better than Kessler and Osweiler.

M
Legend
Legend
M

He could be a mix of Peter Brady and a Fig Newton and he'd be better than Kessler and Osweiler.

Marcia disagrees.....

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Do realize just how much talent was still on the board when we picked him , a project ! I know he has the mind of Tom Brady and the physic of Cam Newton !

My guess is there are some other fans saying the same..

ie KC Chiefs trading up big time to get Mahomes.

All of the QB's this year are projects.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

1. Kessler can throw the deep pass much better than most give him credit. Actually its one of the easiest passes for a QB to throw. He has velocity to make the deep out which is the key throw for NFL QBs.

2. Kizer has nothing to do with our Assessment of Kessler.
He was a talent that we had evaluated way ahead of the #52 slot so he is with our team now and to start him Next season day one is a mistake. See the improvement Kessler has from the little I have seen this year he seems more CONFIDENT.

3. We will not be picking in the top 10 next year unless the Texans fall flat on their faces due to no NFL ready QB on their roster.

4. So far love our year 1 and 2 investments. Next year the final as our Dynasty build up we have 5...FIVE Impact picks to add to our roster.

5. I have no clue where Brock stands on our team and on our roster. The odds of our luck and fortune is pretty good to start turning in our direction...so who knows what we get out of our QB situation.

Love, Love this team.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: eotab
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Ask Diam about Kiser !

Well he was wrong about Brady Quinn lets hope he is equally wrong about Kizer wink

Guys lets see what he becomes two years from now...I think that is when he will be ready to take over the position and it won't surprise me if Kessler just keeps on improving. I think we picked up two keepers so far in two years. But its a roll of the dice...even if we move up to #2 and took a QB. I do like the fact we didn't reach or got desperate for a QB.

Let us see how we develop the kid...a lot of upside. btw how was his Accuracy in 2015?

2015 63% Over 8ypa. 21 & 10. Solid for a 1st year starter.
2016 58.7% Over 8ypa. 26 & 9. Drop in Comp % disappointed.

He lost ALOT offensively in 16. No excuse though.

Looking at Grudens meeting with him shows some excellent throws. Impressive throws.

I'm not crazy about this kid, but the talent is obvious. He's got SUPERB SIZE for the NFL and a top notch arm for AFC North late season wind and weather.

He should have stayed another year but it's widely reported the issues between he and Kelly. I've always thought Kelly was an over-zealous A-Hole. Hated the hiring by ND. They haven't had even a decent HC since Holtz and it shows.

Getting out of there might be the best thing for him.

I'm intrigued with Kizer and what might transpire here.

Loss of Accuracy is directly related to a breakdown of Mechanics. What I find interesting is the fact that when Hue met with him he saw something wrong and gave him a couple pointers to work on. Upon meeting with him a 2nd time, it was like night and day improvement.

No proof, but it's highly likely that those pointers were mechanical related. And it's highly likely the 2nd time we met that we saw an improvement in Accuracy. That's HUGE.

Mourg. There is NO WAY in hell Kizer is starting Game One. Pittsburgh would eat this dude up. He won't be ready.

Now, if he matures a bit and grasps the playbook, I could easily see us rolling him out by mid season.

If we can end up with our Long Term #1 & #2 in back to back years with Kizer and Kessler, that will LEAP us forward quickly simply because we have 2 #1's and 3 #2's next year and we won't need to use ANY of them on a QB.

Diam? Can you shed any extra light on the issues between Kizer and Kelly?

Last edited by kwhip; 04/30/17 08:16 AM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
If only got a sec right now ... literally ... *L* ..

Kelly destroyed his confidence last year ... DE3STROYED IT .. u could see Kizer melting down more each and every week ...

I'll give the ENTIRE STORY tonight or tommorow when i have some time ... it will be a good read and u will learn a lot more about how it unfolded as the pundits only want to talk about where we are and not how we got here ...

VERS in regards to Wimbush, u may have read it in a few other places but for the most part its to much trouble for the bozos (hope u don't mind if i borrowed that line tabber .. thumbsup ) ... to take the time to mention that fact .. i said it on here at least 5 or 6 times ... so i know u read it here unless u don't read me anymore .. wink ...

Kizer would have been benched last year if Zaire could have hit the broad side of a barn last year ... thats another part of the story most don't mention ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just out of curiosity Diam

How was NDs running game last season?
How about in 15?

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
J/c

I wonder if there would be any interest in looking at Kaiser's games from Notre Dame in the same way that we did breakdowns of Watson and trubisky?

If so what game to start with I have charted a couple of his games already and seem to find the notes but I'm happy to start fresh

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Go 4 it. Now that he's a Brown there's much more interest.

I say rotate a 15 game then a 16 game and so on.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would like that but can I offer a suggestion. When you did it before, you were very thorough. Too thorough. You listed so many plays per tape it became too daunting a task to review.

I would like to suggest that for each game you review that you list 2-3 good plays and 2-3 bad plays. I would look at that. When you list 20 plays I just move on because I don't have time to look at that much film.

Also, I think it would be better if you broke it down into Here are 3 good plays then here are 3 bad plays rather than listing them temporally and intermingling the good and the bad.

Just my 2 cents. take it for what it's worth.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I don't like Kizer as a person. I have stated that previously. He does have talent though and very well could end up being our answer at QB for a long time to come unless cody or brock beat him to the punch. It will be interesting to see how the QB position plays out this year.

I will root for their success like I would for any Browns player.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I still don't know about this pick. If he can cash in on what he's saying to the media about knowing there's work that needs to be put in, he's got the arm, body and etc.

6'4, 234lbs. Whew-weee...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
I don't like Kizer as a person. I have stated that previously. He does have talent though and very well could end up being our answer at QB for a long time to come unless cody or brock beat him to the punch. It will be interesting to see how the QB position plays out this year.

Without knowing too much about Kizer, do you not like his arrogance? entitlement? media comments? what do you find worrisome in terms of his personality?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Can he win? You're not dating him so whether he has the personality of a tree stump or arrogant as hell who cares? Just win, it's time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt

Can he win? You're not dating him so whether he has the personality of a tree stump or arrogant as hell who cares? Just win, it's time.
or is he??

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Without knowing too much about Kizer, do you not like his arrogance? entitlement? media comments? what do you find worrisome in terms of his personality?

He has that I am God complex that Brady had. He is very arrogant too when he is not in front of the camera. Still he is pretty smart and knows what to say ON Camera.

I am hoping Hue can fix his attitude problems and that Cody or Brock can start for a few years till Kizer gets humbled a bit. It will do Kizer a world of good. I think we took him at a decent spot.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

He has that I am God complex that Brady had. He is very arrogant too when he is not in front of the camera. Still he is pretty smart and knows what to say ON Camera.

I am hoping Hue can fix his attitude problems and that Cody or Brock can start for a few years till Kizer gets humbled a bit. It will do Kizer a world of good. I think we took him at a decent spot.

Where have you seen these "off camera" problems with attitude? Can you provide links? I have watched a lot about him since we drafted him and everything I've seen he comes across confident, maybe a little cocky. I'm fine with that. I hope he doesn't need to be humbled - that means we've found our QB. You have to have a certain amount of arrogance to play at an NFL level IMO. Players like Cam Newton and Jameis Winston come to mind as two recent QB's that were very arrogant and lived up to it. I have no problem with arrogance if you can back it up - don't be an a-hole, which I've not once seen Kizer be in anything I've watched.

I just keep hearing that he as an arrogant jerk and I've just not seen it in anything I've viewed.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I just keep hearing that he as an arrogant jerk and I've just not seen it in anything I've viewed.

I think its the dumb ass jerk syndrome..people who know nothing trying to show they do... on the Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown interview...they say he is very mature...

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I'd love to turn around that franchise too and I'd start by not drafting another ND quarterback. Here's our QB.
DK, meet Mary Kay. You'll soon be joined at the hips.

Edit: numerous typos

I regret making that post.
Was having a few beverages and wanted us to get more secondary help. But after thinking about it, it's worth a shot because we need a franchise QB. And Kizer at least has size and arm strength, and appears to be very intelligent.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Lol. Never ever ever condemn any player due to an association with an individual school. EVER.

To do so is a mistake. Always evaluate the individual.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

I think its the dumb ass jerk syndrome..people who know nothing trying to show they do... on the Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown interview...they say he is very mature...

I'm stumped here too.

Razor?

Where is this stuff? I'm looking HARD at this Kat now that he's one of US and I'm not seeing anything that says he's a [censored].

Even if he is, it can quickly be slapped out of him.

I'm watching EVERYTHING now. So far I see a respectful young man who reeks confidence.

I'm liking his touch both on the short stuff and the back shoulder end zone drops.

Where's Kosar? Bernie. Get ahold of this kid. Work with him on the Cerebral part.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
If only got a sec right now ... literally ... *L* ..

Kelly destroyed his confidence last year ... DE3STROYED IT .. u could see Kizer melting down more each and every week ...

I'll give the ENTIRE STORY tonight or tommorow when i have some time ... it will be a good read and u will learn a lot more about how it unfolded as the pundits only want to talk about where we are and not how we got here ...

VERS in regards to Wimbush, u may have read it in a few other places but for the most part its to much trouble for the bozos (hope u don't mind if i borrowed that line tabber .. thumbsup ) ... to take the time to mention that fact .. i said it on here at least 5 or 6 times ... so i know u read it here unless u don't read me anymore .. wink ...

Kizer would have been benched last year if Zaire could have hit the broad side of a barn last year ... thats another part of the story most don't mention ..

Cool. I don't wanna be a Weenie here, but please can you do us all a favor? Or maybe just ME?

I'm gathering you're an Irish fan. You seem like you're going to give some insight to the PROGRAM and not just Kizer.

I'm intrigued with this kids potential. I LOVE his size and arm. I'm watching EVERYTHING out there on him more intently now.

What are your Credentials to be able to speak so in depth on the Notre Dame program? I'll listen. Just don't want a BS artist talking to me about something so important.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

I'm stumped here too.

Razor?

Where is this stuff? I'm looking HARD at this Kat now that he's one of US and I'm not seeing anything that says he's a [censored].

Even if he is, it can quickly be slapped out of him.

I'm watching EVERYTHING now. So far I see a respectful young man who reeks confidence.

I'm liking his touch both on the short stuff and the back shoulder end zone drops.

Where's Kosar? Bernie. Get ahold of this kid. Work with him on the Cerebral part.

I've met him in person at Linebackers several times now. Players often come in there because the owner takes care of them and makes sure they don't get in trouble. He is not the devil by any means but he is definately a ME ME ME person.

He definately has talent so I hope Hue can help him get over that because players don't like playing for a QB like that in my opinion and it tears team chemistry apart.

Keep in mind I warned you guys about this stuff with BQ well before the draft and his actions proved I was more than right and wasn't making things up. Hopefully Kizer gets humbled and changes for the better. Now that he is a Brown I am rooting for him to improve himself and succeed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
At the beginning of 2016 I wanted Kizer top of the draft, felt he was the better prospect than Watson by far. His 2016 year didn't help his cause at all, and he fell considerably out of favor. There are several things that can be pointed to: his coach, his (lack of) supporting cast, and his decision making. But, he does have the measurables and the skill set. He's smart and athletic, and can read defenses.

There will be times when we (the fan base) will be banging our heads at his decisions/throws, and other times when we'll get glimpses of greatness. He has good feet and moves well in the pocket. He's one of those guys who can elude a rush with a slight side-step, or take off running, or roll out and hit a guy on the run. When he's on, he can nail tight windows, if he brain-farts he'll throw a pick six. Bottom line, he'll need a strong supporting cast, good coaching, and time to succeed.

Right now, we need to figure out the situation at RT, our running game could use an upgrade, and we need a big #1 receiver to step up. If Gordon were to somehow make it back on the field and return to form, that would be huge, but we can't count on it, so we have to hope Britt comes in with the right attitude. He put up a 1000 yards last year, he'll need that and more this year. Coleman must step it up and become 1st round worthy. Payton, Louis & Higgins all have size and potential, we just haven't seen the production. Njoku will help, Crow and Duke could suffice if Crow continues to develop and play with attitude, and the additions on the interior of the 0-line will also help.

All in all, 2017 could stack up to be a decent beginning to the transition on offense. We undoubtedly (IMHO) won't be as terrible as everyone expects, nor as good as everyone hopes, but we may end up being pleasantly surprised. In a perfect world, Kizer comes in and takes the starting job away from Kessler. But that may not happen, so we'll need to be patient. However, I have no doubt he'll make his way onto the field at some point this year. Under the right set of circumstances, he could be our Dak Prescott. After taking time to absorb the fact that he's now our potential franchise guy, I'm good with the pick. I think we took him at just the right spot in the draft, and I think he really wants to succeed here.

Welcome to Cleveland, DeShone. You have the chance to do what no one has done for over fifty years, bring us a Championship. But hey, no pressure.

Great post! Sorry I missed it the other night....

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Best part of that video in my mind is at around the 11:48 mark. Gruden had just asked him why was ND 4-8. He says, it's easy to make excuses but frankly, I just make enough plays.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

1. Razor is not a BS artist. He met the guy. He said that a long, long time ago.

2. Kizer was the QB who was hot early on in the national media. Folks around here claimed they watched him and ragged on him. Now, the Browns draft him and he is all of a sudden..........the second coming.

Please.....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hey Razor smile hope all is well

Quote:
Hopefully Kizer gets humbled and changes for the better.

Hue said he gave Kizer some advice...didn't speculate. But did say a few weeks later he improved and worked hard on what Hue told him. and they were happy with how he listened and improved on Hues advice.

I'm going to stop listening to the say so'ers and watch what happens in camp.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Your my pal.....love ya.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
you better call me soon .. smile
I love ya too...you drive 9 plus hours for years to see a Browns game... You are What Browns fans call special !!!!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Now, the Browns draft him and he is all of a sudden..........the second coming.

Please.....

Link?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
Legend
V

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He's not the second coming; the kid needs a lot of work. I just hope everyone has the patience for it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
He's not the second coming; the kid needs a lot of work. I just hope everyone has the patience for it.

I agree. I don't think anybody is anointing him, but he has a lot of upside if he's coached up.....

A different perspective. Who was the QB I was afraid would Pittsburgh would take at the end of the first round and turn into a perennial pro bowler???? Kizer. Was I alone?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
And he sure as beck looks like an NFL QB more than colt, JFF and Charlie flipping true ever did. Jmo

Last edited by mgh888; 04/30/17 09:37 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog

The problem for him is if the team is horrible again and in line to draft or trade up to draft either Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen Kizer will not get a 2nd year to establish himself as a franchise qb.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Browns pick DeShone Kizer with the 52nd pick

Link Copied to Clipboard