Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
So...............you are saying that Peppers was NOT told that a diluted sample would count as a failed test?

I totally understand the situations are different, but my point was that when you know the criteria ahead of time, you should not mess up.

Come on, man!

The kids never been in trouble. He's never failed a drug test. Why would you assume he was warned about something that's never even been a issue?

Uhmmmm...........because everyone is. Players know that a diluted sample counts as a failure.

Yes, once drafted and brought to the symposium in Aurora Ohio at the Bertram for the rookie meetings.

But before that? Not sure. But again, do you really think they are told that over hydrating is subject that is drummed into them?

And again, a kid that passes every drug test probably doesn't think much about passing drug tests.

Again, this discussion between you and me isn't a big deal,, neither of us know for sure what is and is not discussed and stressed or when.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Being branded, and placed on a body fluid monitoring program for literally having too much water in your system.

Sounds right.

Sounds like what happens after 8 years under a typical totalitarian, left wing, fascist regime. Regressive "progressives"

Man, that is liberty.

As far as "blaming others" and manning up. We can just blame George Bush for 8 years and go out and play golf. We have a generation that has grown up under this immoral standard.

Next thing, you will have dawgtalkers demanding people be banned for speaking freely and not observing the hypocritical pc dictates of the select few.

Oh, wait a minute.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Correct me if I'm wrong but all he has to do is test clean for 90 days and he is back out of the program completely with no blemish left on him, right? When did or does the 90 days start? If it was the combine date he should be about out of it anyway.
There will always be a stigma attached to him. There will always be people (fans, media, etc) who will say he has a drug problem because of this.

I guess he'll just have to go out and become the next Cris Carter at whatever position he plays. wink

O
Legend
Legend
O
edit: I give up

Last edited by oobernoober; 05/10/17 01:44 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Again, this discussion between you and me isn't a big deal

I agree. Different opinions are not a bad thing.

Hopefully, Peppers stays clean and we hear nothing more about this.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Dude is in the program for 90 days. Everyone needs to stop crying. He'll be out of the program by our second game. Clearly the NFL is in the wrong by not giving draft prospects the same process that NFL players get. Peppers clearly screwed up by not collecting at the end of his stream. He knows what his pee looks like.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So...............you are saying that Peppers was NOT told that a diluted sample would count as a failed test?

I totally understand the situations are different, but my point was that when you know the criteria ahead of time, you should not mess up.

Come on, man!

The kids never been in trouble. He's never failed a drug test. Why would you assume he was warned about something that's never even been a issue?

Uhmmmm...........because everyone is. Players know that a diluted sample counts as a failure.

Yes, once drafted and brought to the symposium in Aurora Ohio at the Bertram for the rookie meetings.

But before that? Not sure. But again, do you really think they are told that over hydrating is subject that is drummed into them?

And again, a kid that passes every drug test probably doesn't think much about passing drug tests.

Again, this discussion between you and me isn't a big deal,, neither of us know for sure what is and is not discussed and stressed or when.

I think part of being invited to the combine is learning what is not ok. I think all attendees know about how diluted samples are graded.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
He understands that it's something that he has to clean up as we move forward.

That doesn't sound like "Don't drink so much water" to me.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am reading posts about how unfair this is. All the dude has to do is stay clean, which he should do anyway. I don't believe that he will have a "a stigma attached to him" for a diluted sample provided he stays clean.

I know I'm an older guy, but it galls me that when people mess up, the first thing others do is try and deflect blame away from that person and place it somewhere else. Man up!!!

I am not trying to deflect at all. As I said, I am trying to understand. I am not trying to defend him. I agree it is a problem.

My point is all things point to him not being a pothead or anything like that. Joe Thomas has said he has had a dilute sample. I don't think does drugs or anything like that.

How much water is too much water to drink? Water is life. After air to breath, water is the last thing you cut.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Damn, I knew I should have edited my post. I meant to put j/c and my post was not a reply to you. You were just the last poster on the thread. Sorry.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:
He understands that it's something that he has to clean up as we move forward.

That doesn't sound like "Don't drink so much water" to me.

Yeah, there was also the quote from Sashi about being careful about what he puts in his body and being accountable moving forward.

That doesn't sound like water, either...LOL

I do like the fact that Sashi was being honest. I just gained more respect for him. I wish Peppers would have said something like I made a mistake and have learned from it and I guarantee you it won't happen again.

But, that's just me.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Someone supposedly spilled the beans on peppers

..... but is now walking back from those statements

The truth is somewhere in there - and it better not bite us ( the kid has his one warning from sashi ) but if we passed on a lot of guys to take this risk - that's on sashi too

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Someone supposedly spilled the beans on peppers

..... but is now walking back from those statements

Are you able to expound on that? Not being a smart ass........just curious.

All Pro
All Pro
Few questions

Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Peppers clearly screwed up by not collecting at the end of his stream.

What does this mean?

Why would taking vitamins change results?

Why are dilute samples not seen more often if it is a case of an athlete trying to stay hydrated?

If we are going to say someone has put the word out on Peppers life behind closed doors, please support it with something.

---------------------------------------------------------

#gmstrong

We are not called on to be successful. We are called on to be faithful.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I wonder about Peppers.......the human being:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...ticle-1.2414304

All Pro
All Pro
Dang 5,000 flyers around campus call in him out. I can't help, but wonder why she would engage in an act that would give her the same STD for a second time. That is space cadet stupid.

#gmstrong

V
Legend
Legend
V
Hmmmm............so we're going to blame the NFL and the girl. Poor, poor Peppers is always the victim. LOL

My focus is more on Peppers because the girl doesn't play for the Browns. Peppers might.

All Pro
All Pro
I don't think I follow. How am I blaming the NFL? As far as the sex thing. Good for her to put the word out. Shame on her for getting played a second time.

#gmstrong

A
Legend
Legend
A
Hmmmm............so we're going to blame the NFL and the girl. Poor, poor Peppers is always the victim. LOL

My focus is more on Peppers because the girl doesn't play for the Browns. Peppers might.

So, what is the accuser's name? What legal action did she take against him? What were the court results?

Or, is there no name involved? No legal action involved?

Who is/was this anonymous accuser?

V
Legend
Legend
V
You didn't blame the NFL. I was talking about earlier posts.

My point was that it seems there is quite a bit of transferring the blame while ignoring Peppers' indiscretions. Are you excusing what he did to her because she was stupid enough to trust him? Is it okay to lie to people because they are dumb enough to trust you?

I mean........seriously dude, what are you saying about Peppers?

All Pro
All Pro
I guess that he wanted to get his wiener wet.

You are right that it is messed up he would knowingly infect someone with an STD through unprotected sex when he knew he had something via semi-annual testing.

I never contracted an STD, but I also never took any precautions when I was a college freshman like Peppers was when this story came out. That is when this story is from right. It's 2 years old; worth mentioning but probably less discussion than I've already given it.

#gmstrong

All Pro
All Pro

My point was that it seems there is quite a bit of transferring the blame while ignoring Peppers' indiscretions.

One of the things I love about you is that you speak to the bigger picture, but you don't spell it out for everyone. This is what I should have addressed. Yes this is a red flag and it looks like it's not the only one in his past. When you combine this with his lack of "polish" as a secondary player who will have to cover NFL players, it makes me wonder why we didn't look elsewhere in the draft. Hope I'm wrong.

#gmstrong

V
Legend
Legend
V
It is an older story. I only brought it up because there might be some question to just how honest he is.

I just find it odd that Sashi's comments seem a lot different than the excuses Peppers and his "source" have put out there.

The comments do not mesh. I am wondering about his honesty and that is why I posted the article. Perhaps it's nothing, but color me a little gun shy considering the lies that Gordon told over the years.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

So you automatically take her word for it over his! Why?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: VarmintKong

You are right that it is messed up he would knowingly infect someone with an STD through unprotected sex when he knew he had something via semi-annual testing.

Ah, I hadn't seen that report that he knowingly infected someone with an STD. Do you have a link to that?

Also, I haven't seen a report that he even DID infect someone with an STD. Got a link to that?

Or, is this just a case of "she said, he said"?

She said she got it from him twice.

Do the math on that one.

All Pro
All Pro

I just find it odd that Sashi's comments seem a lot different than the excuses Peppers and his "source" have put out there.

The comments do not mesh. I am wondering about his honesty...

Yep, got me scratch in my head too.

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well, maybe for one thing, if all she wanted to do was slander Peppers for some reason why would she tell the whole world that she had an STD? I would think, if made up, there could be other, less humiliating reasons she could have come up with.

Just sayin'.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Well, maybe for one thing, if all she wanted to do was slander Peppers for some reason why would she tell the whole world that she had an STD? I would think, if made up, there could be other, less humiliating reasons she could have come up with.

Just sayin'.

How did she get humiliated? She did not give her name.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

I am not defending Peppers. I am making a point about Clamydia. 50% of men infected with clamydia show no symptoms. It is the most common of the STDs. He could have been infected, been treated, and been re-infected. There are many possibilities. If he knew he was infected, and recklessly infected anyone, his character is in serious question. (He should have learned his lesson about unprotected sex.) But at the same time, there are 50/50 odds he didn't know.

https://www.stdcheck.com/chlamydia-symptoms.php

Chlamydia in men

Like women, many men with chlamydia do not experience any symptoms due to the "silent' nature of the infection. When symptoms do occur in men, they may include a thick, yellow-white, milky or watery discharge from the penis and/or a burning sensation during urination. Pain and swelling in the testes may also occur, although such symptoms are less common. An untreated chlamydia infection in men can result in nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), an infection of the urethra, as well as epididymitis, an infection of the epididymis (the tube that carries sperm away from the testes). For these reasons, men who regularly engage in sexual activity should value the importance of annual chlamydia testing.

Chlamydia Symptoms in Men

Most Common

Silent or no symptoms (in 50% of men with chlamydia)

Less Common

Abnormal penile discharge (thick, yellow-white, milky or watery)
Pain during urination
Rectal pain, discharge or bleeding
Inflamed eye

Least Common

Itching and burning around the opening of the penis
Testicular pain and swelling
Sore throat

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: ddubia

Just sayin'.

Who is "she"? She didn't list her name. She didn't state her name, at least that I can find.

Check this article out. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...ticle-1.2414304

So, how did she tell the whole world she got an std? It seems like the posters were posted anonymously.

So, an anonymous accuser, with no facts or medical checkups/proof can claim what she did?

If you bother to read the link, she certainly claims to know a fair amount about his sex life.

And I need to be on record here: Sex with a communicable disease is wrong. Top to bottom, left to right - it's wrong.

But what we have here, as far as I can tell, is an anonymous girl that was sleeping with, and having unprotected sex (her own words). Not once, not twice. Even after he supposedly gave her chlamydia.

I get it, it sounds like, for ignoramuses, I'm defending rape almost. Hell no.

State your case, woman. Don't put anonymous posters on campus.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: VarmintKong
Few questions

Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Peppers clearly screwed up by not collecting at the end of his stream.

What does this mean?

If you want to avoid some risk, collect during the second half of the process.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

So you automatically take her word for it over his! Why?

Can you point out where I specifically said that? In fact, I don't think I have made any claims. I am searching for information and there is a possibility that his honesty could be in question given that particular story and the discrepancy in Sashi's comments vs Peppers' and his "source" commenting on the the Stage 1 thing.

Are you automatically taking his word for it in both instances?

M
Legend
Legend
M
That's a very good point. So too is the fact we have absolutely no clue whatsoever about what actually happened.

Condemning or trying to exonerate Peppers based on the diluted test and the girls rant is futile. Both issues raise a red flag of caution or vigilance. But neither - either taken together or separate provide conclusive evidence of intent or a cheat.

I think it's important to remember we're dealing with kids. It's almost impossible to understand or relate to the challenges they face in 2017, the temptations, social media, the opportunities offered to 'young stars', the naivety some may exhibit. Sure we would all love responsible, self aware, disciplined, god fearing young men playing for the Browns. Reality is that if we built a team around such criteria we'd be even worse than we were last year. in my opinion the Joe Thomas's of the world are the rarest of the rare.

I would never condone or easily forgive actions of individuals that were malicious or for want of a better word - evil - but I am also not going to rush to judgement based on circumstantial evidence. Peppers enters the NFL under a cloud and will be monitored heavily. Based on what Joe Thomas said I have at least a reasonable doubt over the diluted sample. With this other story ... I don't have a feeling one way or the other. I don't know what commitments the 2 made to each other - no idea if Peppers slept with 2 or 22 women the year this happened and what sort of man whore he was. It's not going to make me put a strike against his name based on the one story. I'm not going to raise doubts over the individuals character who wrote those words, though I will ponder her decision making regarding unprotected sex with a football jock who allegedly already gave her a std.

Last edited by mgh888; 05/10/17 09:43 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
honestly who cares if he got an STD a few years ago? It means nothing about football.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

VIDEO: MICHIGAN'S JABRILL PEPPERS PUNCHES OHIO STATE FAN AFTER LOSING IN DOUBLE OVERTIME

Poor Jabrill Peppers.

After saying Michigan would hit Curtis Samuel and test Ohio State physically, the linebacker-safety hybrid failed to lay a finger on Samuel during his game-winning romp to the end zone in double overtime.

Michigan led by ten at one point, and Peppers registered the first interception of his collegiate career. But when the final whistle blew, he moved to 0-3 against his arch rival.

Ohio State fans rushed the field, and in the immediate scrum, an Ohio State fan appeared to bump Peppers. After the two exchanged words, Peppers swung and hit the fan in the mouth.

That's when Ohio State secondary coach Kerry Coombs intervened.

In Peppers defense, he just lost a bitterly contested game, and it's unclear what the Ohio State fan said. That doesn't excuse punching a guy in the face, but at least Peppers will likely be a multimillionaire in a few months anyway.

Click to see the video:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-fo...double-overtime

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Ohio State fans rushed the field, and in the immediate scrum, an Ohio State fan appeared to bump Peppers. After the two exchanged words, Peppers swung and hit the fan in the mouth.

Not to excuse him, but this is why rushing the field or court or anything in a sport is so dangerous.

You have a losing team encountering a mass of the home team's fans. I'm surprised this kind of stuff doesn't happen more often.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
V
Legend
Legend
V
Is anyone asking for a judgment? Or, am I providing information?

Do you not see the difference? Is there a problem w/finding out as much information as you can?

I have made ZERO claims that he is a terrible person. I'm just skeptical and have been researching. I think the discrepancy between Sashi's comments and Peppers' comments are noteworthy.

Do you think Sashi is picking on Peppers?

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL.........I think you just excused him............again.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Ohio State fans will love Woody Hayes's fiery passion and him punching a Clemson player, but think Jabrill Peppers is a horrible person for hitting a fan.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL.........I think you just excused him............again.

Not really. Just saying, in general, rushing the field/court in college sports has gotten ridiculous and it's very dangerous. Things have gone wrong in the past (including this incident), and things could get much worse in the future.

When some drunk idiots come out onto the field, getting in the face of some unstable college athlete (like a Ron Artest), things could go really really wrong.

As for Peppers, these kind of things are alarming, but i'm gonna have faith in the Front Office's background investigations into all these incidents. They know more than we do, and they have more to lose than we do (as fans) on this first round pick.

I know that's not your style (and it's not meant to be insulting at all), but i'm not gonna worry about it. He's on the team, I think he's got a lot of potential, and I'm gonna give him the thumbs up and clean slate until he proves me wrong

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Peppers Begins in Stage One

Link Copied to Clipboard