DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/09/17 10:22 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/jabrill_peppers_starts_browns.html

It's only concerning if this becomes a pattern obviously
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/09/17 10:30 PM
yeah I agree, it's not an issue.
Yet.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/09/17 10:41 PM
He's on alert, warned and knows there's minimal wiggle room. Let's hope he cannot possibly be as stupid as Gordon and stays clean, forever. No issues. No news. No headlines.

Unless of course it's because he leveled some dude, made a pick six or something of that nature lol!
Posted By: myka Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/09/17 10:51 PM
Well he's a Browns player.

If he's any good he'll get injured or suspended.
If he's a bust he'll be fine.

I'm in a bad mood today, obvious? lol
Posted By: E.Ryze19 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/09/17 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: myka
Well he's a Browns player.

If he's any good he'll get injured or suspended.
If he's a bust he'll be fine.

I'm in a bad mood today, obvious? lol

Sad but that describes the past decade IMO
Posted By: MrTed Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/09/17 11:35 PM
Too much water? Not even the presence of THC? I'm siding with the new guy.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/09/17 11:39 PM
How is this not an issue?
Posted By: ddubia Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/09/17 11:41 PM
I don't understand why, if they pee a diluted sample, they don't just test them again a day or two later warning him to not drink so much water. If there's THC in his system it ain't gonna go away in a day or two.

I think that makes a lot more sense then just calling the diluted sample a fail and leaving it at that.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/09/17 11:56 PM
Originally Posted By: ddubia
I don't understand why, if they pee a diluted sample, they don't just test them again a day or two later warning him to not drink so much water. If there's THC in his system it ain't gonna go away in a day or two.

I think that makes a lot more sense then just calling the diluted sample a fail and leaving it at that.

As was talked about in the draft thread, Joe Thomas said that guys load up on water during the combine to stay hydrated (and keep their weight up). If you have a diluted sample and you are in the league they let you pee again until the sample is not diluted. Thomas said that has happened to him before. I am not sure why the combine protocol differs from the one once players are in the league.

Either way, Peppers being in the program is concerning because he now has no wiggle room.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:26 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

As was talked about in the draft thread, Joe Thomas said that guys load up on water during the combine to stay hydrated (and keep their weight up). If you have a diluted sample and you are in the league they let you pee again until the sample is not diluted. Thomas said that has happened to him before. I am not sure why the combine protocol differs from the one once players are in the league.

Either way, Peppers being in the program is concerning because he now has no wiggle room.

That's weird that there would be two different methods.... I agree that if you have a dilute sample you should have to pee again until you're not diluted...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:34 AM
I know a guy in SC who got a DUI. He had to go to classes and there were 3 or 4 pee tests. They warned him that a dilluted sample is considered a failure. The dude was a big time runner and drank a ton of water. Guess what? He made sure to not overdo it w/the water when he was in the program.

Peppers knew the rules. I think his claim is BS! Just like Gordon's w/the cough medicine story...LOL.

*The above is just my opinion and I am not saying my opinion is correct. Also, I am not interested in arguing about it.
Posted By: hitt Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 01:38 AM
It stinks he's in a program before he even suits up of us. I like the fact the team did their background checks and picked him anyway. Unlike what Farmer regime did....GO Browns!!!
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I know a guy in SC who got a DUI. He had to go to classes and there were 3 or 4 pee tests. They warned him that a dilluted sample is considered a failure. The dude was a big time runner and drank a ton of water. Guess what? He made sure to not overdo it w/the water when he was in the program.

Peppers knew the rules. I think his claim is BS! Just like Gordon's w/the cough medicine story...LOL.

*The above is just my opinion and I am not saying my opinion is correct. Also, I am not interested in arguing about it.

In all fairness, the guy you know was already in a treatment program, and he wasn't working out for the combine. I mean, sure, he's a big-time runner, but it's not like he has a race the day of his classes probably. Or classes after the race is over.

What I don't understand is why agents don't tell their clients to take a multi-vitamin an hour or so before the test. I mean, theoretically, if he did that, he wouldn't be dilouted (if he was diluted for drinking too much water and not for taking some masking drink.

I'm not sure what the deal is with my work on that, as we get drug tested regularly. But I've never seen anyone fired for being diluted.

Either way, as long as he doesn't use pot/drugs (which he says he doesn't), he should be fine. Although I hope Joe Haden has a little convo with him about all this (seeing as he failed and was suspended because of Adderol)
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 01:48 AM
So...............you are saying that Peppers was NOT told that a diluted sample would count as a failed test?

I totally understand the situations are different, but my point was that when you know the criteria ahead of time, you should not mess up.

Come on, man!
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 02:20 AM
So...............you are saying that Peppers was NOT told that a diluted sample would count as a failed test?

I totally understand the situations are different, but my point was that when you know the criteria ahead of time, you should not mess up.

Come on, man!

Oh agreed. But also, Peppers is a 21 year old kid. If he's never failed a drug test in his life and never done drugs, he probably didn't even think about it.

That's why I would figure agents would tell kids to make sure that if they're going to drink a ton of water, they should take a multi-vitamin a little before the drug test.

Then again, Peppers could have been worried about the test because he smoked pot or something a couple weeks before, and drank a ton of water to try to dilute as much as he could (and then end up coming up diluted).
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 03:36 AM
Just 1 reason I didn't want him. I hope that he straightens things out from here on.

Sashi Brown didn't seem to be signing off on the whole "I just drank too much water" thing, basically warning Peppers that he is responsible for everything he puts in his body.

I get that Peppers is a high end returner ..... but I am worried about other value to the team, and this whole diluted sample thing really worries me.

I hope I am wrong, and that Peppers will be a high quality player for the Browns ..... but I am concerned about this pick more than any other.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 05:01 AM
I kind of have an issue with Peppers being placed in Step 1. Per the NFLPA-NFL agreement, a player is placed into step 1 if they test positive for drugs. Peppers didn't. His combine sample was too diluted for an accurate reading. There was no report the sample being positive for drugs. There was no retest. If he had been in the NFLPA, he would have had (the opportunity) to retest. Even on my job, which has a very strict drug policy with random tests, a positive must be verified before punitive action can be taken. There has been no positive test, yet here he is in step 1.
Posted By: DeaconDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 05:19 AM

Come on, man!

I understand your frustration Vers, but it is not that simple. When you are training for a competition, all you are told to do is hydrate to avoid cramps and dehydration. You are also shedding fat and cutting weight, which screws up your body chemistry. He has no way to know that he over hydrated for the test. Everyone has a different consumption and processing rate.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 07:15 AM
I think this is ridiculous. Diluted sample with no positive tests? It should have been thrown out and a surprise whiz quiz given at a later date. Starting a guy in the drug protocol is a blemish on his entire career regardless of his innocence.

I don't think any drug test should affect their NFL careers until they are signed and report to camp. The rest is ridiculous.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 09:26 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but all he has to do is test clean for 90 days and he is back out of the program completely with no blemish left on him, right? When did or does the 90 days start? If it was the combine date he should be about out of it anyway.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 09:53 AM
How is this not an issue?

I probably should have elaborated in my first post.
If he's in Stage 1, it's not a BIG issue 'yet'... if he messes up again it starts to become a big problem. Peppers says it was an innocent mistake - although obviously one he shouldn't make - so I'll take his word for it (not that my opinion really matters).
Right now, it's a minor problem.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 09:55 AM

I get all that, about hydrating. But then why do not more guys at the combine have diluted samples? It does not seem all that prevalent. Sounds like most of them realize the landscape and expectations of the combine and adjust for it. As they should.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 10:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Correct me if I'm wrong but all he has to do is test clean for 90 days and he is back out of the program completely with no blemish left on him, right? When did or does the 90 days start? If it was the combine date he should be about out of it anyway.
I don't think it's 90 days? I think it's way more than that. I could be wrong though.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 10:18 AM
* Peppers will enter Stage One of the program. He will not face any fine or suspension for the dilute test. In Stage One, Peppers can be tested multiple times. The first stage is designed to last no longer than 90 days, except for special circumstances. If Peppers does not have another positive test, he will exit the program.

* If Peppers has another positive test, he will face a fine (but no suspension) and then be moved to Stage Two. That stage is scheduled for 24 months, and players can start to face suspensions for further positive tests in that stage. Continual positive tests (and suspensions) can then lead to Stage Three, which is the final stage in the program (and can lead to long-term suspensions that require reinstatement by the commissioner).

source: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/04/jabrill_peppers_dilute_drug_test_nfl_substance_abu.html

nope, youre right frenchy
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 10:31 AM
https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Agents/2016SOAPolicy_v2.pdf

Players will remain in Stage One for a period not to exceed 90 days;
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 10:48 AM
There will always be a stigma attached to him. There will always be people (fans, media, etc) who will say he has a drug problem because of this.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 10:50 AM
Peppers could be considered slight of build depending on what position teams were looking at him playing. At a little over 7lbs a gallon, drining water is a good way to boost your weight by 4-5 lbs.

Not making excuses here. Just trying to figure out the motivation. Either way, noting points to drug use, so if that's the case, he should be out of the program by training camp.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 11:31 AM
I am reading posts about how unfair this is. All the dude has to do is stay clean, which he should do anyway. I don't believe that he will have a "a stigma attached to him" for a diluted sample provided he stays clean.

I know I'm an older guy, but it galls me that when people mess up, the first thing others do is try and deflect blame away from that person and place it somewhere else. Man up!!!
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 11:41 AM
Those 90 days he should spend working on his coverage abilities and strength/muscle.

He's got no time for drugs. Even if he's never done any drugs, he's got no time for drugs lol.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 11:43 AM
...All the dude has to do is stay clean, which he should do anyway...

He DID stay clean with not even a trace amount of any banned substance...hence people saying this Stage 1 stuff isn't fair. Everyone on this Board will agree that he broke a rule - knowingly or unknowingly matters not.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:00 PM

Come on, man!

The kids never been in trouble. He's never failed a drug test. Why would you assume he was warned about something that's never even been a issue?
Posted By: teedub Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:01 PM
Water is 8.35 lbs/gallon
Posted By: teedub Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Peppers could be considered slight of build depending on what position teams were looking at him playing. At a little over 7lbs a gallon, drining water is a good way to boost your weight by 4-5 lbs.

Not making excuses here. Just trying to figure out the motivation. Either way, noting points to drug use, so if that's the case, he should be out of the program by training camp.

Water is 8.35 lbs/gallons
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Come on, man!

The kids never been in trouble. He's never failed a drug test. Why would you assume he was warned about something that's never even been a issue?

Uhmmmm...........because everyone is. Players know that a diluted sample counts as a failure.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:09 PM
The NFL and reality are not on the same page at times .
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:11 PM

Come on, man!

Uhmmmm...........because everyone is. Players know that a diluted sample counts as a failure.

Correct...but how would he know when he reached the point of being over-hydrated? I don't think I've ever even heard that word before...over-hydrated. Make sure you stay hydrated...but don't over-hydrate? And at the combine no less where he is working out with more than one position group.

Rules are rules and he broke one...that doesn't make the rule any less unfair though...especially in instances like this. Why not just re-test him the very next day?
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:15 PM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Why not just re-test him the very next day?

Yeah, exactly. They wouldn't even need to wait until the next day. They could just keep re-testing until it's not dilute.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 12:27 PM
j/c:

I think people are automatically taking the word of Peppers and his "source." Here is what they said:

Quote:
But a source told ESPN that Peppers felt sick after flying from San Diego to Indianapolis for the combine, and drank eight to 10 bottles of water before working out with the both the linebackers and safeties. The first prospect to run in both groups, Peppers has a history of cramping, the source told ESPN.

Quote:
"It was a lot of speculation on a dilute sample, which is just that - dilute,'' said Peppers. "They know that I'm a high character guy. I don't have any off-the-field issues. I have never failed a drug test in my life and never been arrested. If a dilute sample was my worst hiccup in my whole life, I will take that on the chin.''

Who is supporting that story? Anyone from the Combine? The NFL? The Browns?

Here is what Sashi Brown had to say:

Quote:
"It's certainly a factor for us,'' Brown said on draft night. "Jabrill understands. I think he's been accountable for it. He understands that it's something that he has to clean up as we move forward.

"We'll spend some time with him on that when he gets here."

Quote:
"We talked to Jabrill about that,'' said Brown. "That's a concern for us. He understands it needs to be something that he's accountable for and responsible for what he puts in his body and understands that piece of it.''

"We did enough diligence at Michigan and through our process to understand who the young man was. We followed up to understand the sample and made the selection but Jabrill understands his NFL future, he's going to put that at stake if he continues to put himself in that type of a situation.''

Why don't we hear more stories about players w/diluted samples? We heard about Foster, but over the years, how common is it? Are they the only guys that drink too much water? Sorry, I ain't buying it.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 01:19 PM
Why don't we hear more stories about players w/diluted samples? We heard about Foster, but over the years, how common is it? Are they the only guys that drink too much water? Sorry, I ain't buying it.

This is where we are seeing a bit more eye to eye.

This seems to be an issue this year and only this year.

Like i've said, in my time dealing with drug tests and reading about them, the only people I know who showed up dilute was kids (whom I worked with) who took masking agents in work related drug tests. I also think that many tests can find many of the masking agents now, but this i'm less sure of, as the only people i know who have taken masking agents did like 8 or 9 years ago.

I don't think that Jabril could successfully take a masking agent at the combine. I just don't think he could athletically do it. They make you go to the bathroom so much, and from what I remember, I think it's both not just peeing. It would certainly affect performance, and he performed well. Although looking online, I can see that there are some that are sold that say they work in an hour. So, I guess, if you're gonna fail your test, you might as well give it a shot (what's there to lose).

Has anyone but Jabril confirmed that it was because the urine was dilute? And would the Browns draft him where they did if he was lying about why the sample failed?

The one thing that gives me any belief that Jabril might be telling the truth is that I would think, if he was trying to beat a drug test, he'd know enough to take a couple multi-vitamins like an hour before the test. Or even like an airborne/emergen-c that is mixed with water. He could easily call that a sports drink or something, and nobody would ever know.

EDIT: The second thing being that the Browns did draft him at the end of the 1st round, right around many speculated he'd go. I'd think if he did fail the test for some other reason than dilute, and he was going around saying that he failed because it was dilute, it would either A) Have been reported that he was lying or B) He wouldn't have been drafted even near 25
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 01:25 PM
j/c...

1. Has Peppers had any history with drugs to have this beome a TRUE RED FLAG? I'm asking cause I don't know. I know in the past almost all these guys had some failure with drugs in their history.

2. Water, WATER??? come on big difference from THC which no trace whatsoever was found in his system.

3. So for 90 days he is on some probation thing. Wasn't this suppose to be secret btw???

4. If he is who most of us think he is the 90 days will come and go without incident.

5. The only thing I would like to know is what is the policy of the NFL now in Stage one if he comes up with a diluted sample. We are heading into the hot weather and training camp months soon. Peppers has a problem with Cramping I hope he drinks enough fluids. Does this often testing have some protocol for diluted samples...as in a possible blood test in stead. Or have him hardly drink any water for a day or two and re-test him? This is so silly after all the Suspensions for actual drug use!

jmho
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 03:18 PM

Come on, man!

Yes, once drafted and brought to the symposium in Aurora Ohio at the Bertram for the rookie meetings.

But before that? Not sure. But again, do you really think they are told that over hydrating is subject that is drummed into them?

And again, a kid that passes every drug test probably doesn't think much about passing drug tests.

Again, this discussion between you and me isn't a big deal,, neither of us know for sure what is and is not discussed and stressed or when.
Posted By: Olskool711 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 03:58 PM
Being branded, and placed on a body fluid monitoring program for literally having too much water in your system.

Sounds right.

Sounds like what happens after 8 years under a typical totalitarian, left wing, fascist regime. Regressive "progressives"

Man, that is liberty.

As far as "blaming others" and manning up. We can just blame George Bush for 8 years and go out and play golf. We have a generation that has grown up under this immoral standard.

Next thing, you will have dawgtalkers demanding people be banned for speaking freely and not observing the hypocritical pc dictates of the select few.

Oh, wait a minute.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 04:38 PM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
There will always be a stigma attached to him. There will always be people (fans, media, etc) who will say he has a drug problem because of this.

I guess he'll just have to go out and become the next Cris Carter at whatever position he plays. wink
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 05:42 PM
edit: I give up
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 05:52 PM
Quote:

Again, this discussion between you and me isn't a big deal

I agree. Different opinions are not a bad thing.

Hopefully, Peppers stays clean and we hear nothing more about this.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 06:01 PM
Dude is in the program for 90 days. Everyone needs to stop crying. He'll be out of the program by our second game. Clearly the NFL is in the wrong by not giving draft prospects the same process that NFL players get. Peppers clearly screwed up by not collecting at the end of his stream. He knows what his pee looks like.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 06:53 PM

Come on, man!

Yes, once drafted and brought to the symposium in Aurora Ohio at the Bertram for the rookie meetings.

But before that? Not sure. But again, do you really think they are told that over hydrating is subject that is drummed into them?

And again, a kid that passes every drug test probably doesn't think much about passing drug tests.

Again, this discussion between you and me isn't a big deal,, neither of us know for sure what is and is not discussed and stressed or when.

I think part of being invited to the combine is learning what is not ok. I think all attendees know about how diluted samples are graded.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 08:50 PM
Quote:
He understands that it's something that he has to clean up as we move forward.

That doesn't sound like "Don't drink so much water" to me.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 10:41 PM
I am reading posts about how unfair this is. All the dude has to do is stay clean, which he should do anyway. I don't believe that he will have a "a stigma attached to him" for a diluted sample provided he stays clean.

I know I'm an older guy, but it galls me that when people mess up, the first thing others do is try and deflect blame away from that person and place it somewhere else. Man up!!!

I am not trying to deflect at all. As I said, I am trying to understand. I am not trying to defend him. I agree it is a problem.

My point is all things point to him not being a pothead or anything like that. Joe Thomas has said he has had a dilute sample. I don't think does drugs or anything like that.

How much water is too much water to drink? Water is life. After air to breath, water is the last thing you cut.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 11:35 PM
Damn, I knew I should have edited my post. I meant to put j/c and my post was not a reply to you. You were just the last poster on the thread. Sorry.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 11:41 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:
He understands that it's something that he has to clean up as we move forward.

That doesn't sound like "Don't drink so much water" to me.

Yeah, there was also the quote from Sashi about being careful about what he puts in his body and being accountable moving forward.

That doesn't sound like water, either...LOL

I do like the fact that Sashi was being honest. I just gained more respect for him. I wish Peppers would have said something like I made a mistake and have learned from it and I guarantee you it won't happen again.

But, that's just me.
Posted By: RAWISRADFORD Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 11:49 PM
Someone supposedly spilled the beans on peppers

..... but is now walking back from those statements

The truth is somewhere in there - and it better not bite us ( the kid has his one warning from sashi ) but if we passed on a lot of guys to take this risk - that's on sashi too
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/10/17 11:52 PM
Quote:
Someone supposedly spilled the beans on peppers

..... but is now walking back from those statements

Are you able to expound on that? Not being a smart ass........just curious.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:05 AM
Few questions

Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Peppers clearly screwed up by not collecting at the end of his stream.

What does this mean?

Why would taking vitamins change results?

Why are dilute samples not seen more often if it is a case of an athlete trying to stay hydrated?

If we are going to say someone has put the word out on Peppers life behind closed doors, please support it with something.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:16 AM
I wonder about Peppers.......the human being:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...ticle-1.2414304
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:35 AM
Dang 5,000 flyers around campus call in him out. I can't help, but wonder why she would engage in an act that would give her the same STD for a second time. That is space cadet stupid.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:38 AM
Hmmmm............so we're going to blame the NFL and the girl. Poor, poor Peppers is always the victim. LOL

My focus is more on Peppers because the girl doesn't play for the Browns. Peppers might.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:41 AM
I don't think I follow. How am I blaming the NFL? As far as the sex thing. Good for her to put the word out. Shame on her for getting played a second time.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:43 AM
Hmmmm............so we're going to blame the NFL and the girl. Poor, poor Peppers is always the victim. LOL

My focus is more on Peppers because the girl doesn't play for the Browns. Peppers might.

So, what is the accuser's name? What legal action did she take against him? What were the court results?

Or, is there no name involved? No legal action involved?

Who is/was this anonymous accuser?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:44 AM
You didn't blame the NFL. I was talking about earlier posts.

My point was that it seems there is quite a bit of transferring the blame while ignoring Peppers' indiscretions. Are you excusing what he did to her because she was stupid enough to trust him? Is it okay to lie to people because they are dumb enough to trust you?

I mean........seriously dude, what are you saying about Peppers?
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:57 AM
I guess that he wanted to get his wiener wet.

You are right that it is messed up he would knowingly infect someone with an STD through unprotected sex when he knew he had something via semi-annual testing.

I never contracted an STD, but I also never took any precautions when I was a college freshman like Peppers was when this story came out. That is when this story is from right. It's 2 years old; worth mentioning but probably less discussion than I've already given it.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:03 AM

My point was that it seems there is quite a bit of transferring the blame while ignoring Peppers' indiscretions.

One of the things I love about you is that you speak to the bigger picture, but you don't spell it out for everyone. This is what I should have addressed. Yes this is a red flag and it looks like it's not the only one in his past. When you combine this with his lack of "polish" as a secondary player who will have to cover NFL players, it makes me wonder why we didn't look elsewhere in the draft. Hope I'm wrong.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:06 AM
It is an older story. I only brought it up because there might be some question to just how honest he is.

I just find it odd that Sashi's comments seem a lot different than the excuses Peppers and his "source" have put out there.

The comments do not mesh. I am wondering about his honesty and that is why I posted the article. Perhaps it's nothing, but color me a little gun shy considering the lies that Gordon told over the years.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:07 AM

So you automatically take her word for it over his! Why?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:09 AM
Originally Posted By: VarmintKong

You are right that it is messed up he would knowingly infect someone with an STD through unprotected sex when he knew he had something via semi-annual testing.

Ah, I hadn't seen that report that he knowingly infected someone with an STD. Do you have a link to that?

Also, I haven't seen a report that he even DID infect someone with an STD. Got a link to that?

Or, is this just a case of "she said, he said"?

She said she got it from him twice.

Do the math on that one.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:10 AM

I just find it odd that Sashi's comments seem a lot different than the excuses Peppers and his "source" have put out there.

The comments do not mesh. I am wondering about his honesty...

Yep, got me scratch in my head too.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:14 AM
Well, maybe for one thing, if all she wanted to do was slander Peppers for some reason why would she tell the whole world that she had an STD? I would think, if made up, there could be other, less humiliating reasons she could have come up with.

Just sayin'.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:17 AM
Well, maybe for one thing, if all she wanted to do was slander Peppers for some reason why would she tell the whole world that she had an STD? I would think, if made up, there could be other, less humiliating reasons she could have come up with.

Just sayin'.

How did she get humiliated? She did not give her name.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:19 AM
j/c

I am not defending Peppers. I am making a point about Clamydia. 50% of men infected with clamydia show no symptoms. It is the most common of the STDs. He could have been infected, been treated, and been re-infected. There are many possibilities. If he knew he was infected, and recklessly infected anyone, his character is in serious question. (He should have learned his lesson about unprotected sex.) But at the same time, there are 50/50 odds he didn't know.

https://www.stdcheck.com/chlamydia-symptoms.php

Chlamydia in men

Like women, many men with chlamydia do not experience any symptoms due to the "silent' nature of the infection. When symptoms do occur in men, they may include a thick, yellow-white, milky or watery discharge from the penis and/or a burning sensation during urination. Pain and swelling in the testes may also occur, although such symptoms are less common. An untreated chlamydia infection in men can result in nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), an infection of the urethra, as well as epididymitis, an infection of the epididymis (the tube that carries sperm away from the testes). For these reasons, men who regularly engage in sexual activity should value the importance of annual chlamydia testing.

Chlamydia Symptoms in Men

Most Common

Silent or no symptoms (in 50% of men with chlamydia)

Less Common

Abnormal penile discharge (thick, yellow-white, milky or watery)
Pain during urination
Rectal pain, discharge or bleeding
Inflamed eye

Least Common

Itching and burning around the opening of the penis
Testicular pain and swelling
Sore throat
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:27 AM

Just sayin'.

Who is "she"? She didn't list her name. She didn't state her name, at least that I can find.

Check this article out. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...ticle-1.2414304

So, how did she tell the whole world she got an std? It seems like the posters were posted anonymously.

So, an anonymous accuser, with no facts or medical checkups/proof can claim what she did?

If you bother to read the link, she certainly claims to know a fair amount about his sex life.

And I need to be on record here: Sex with a communicable disease is wrong. Top to bottom, left to right - it's wrong.

But what we have here, as far as I can tell, is an anonymous girl that was sleeping with, and having unprotected sex (her own words). Not once, not twice. Even after he supposedly gave her chlamydia.

I get it, it sounds like, for ignoramuses, I'm defending rape almost. Hell no.

State your case, woman. Don't put anonymous posters on campus.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:29 AM
Originally Posted By: VarmintKong
Few questions

Peppers clearly screwed up by not collecting at the end of his stream.

What does this mean?

If you want to avoid some risk, collect during the second half of the process.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

So you automatically take her word for it over his! Why?

Can you point out where I specifically said that? In fact, I don't think I have made any claims. I am searching for information and there is a possibility that his honesty could be in question given that particular story and the discrepancy in Sashi's comments vs Peppers' and his "source" commenting on the the Stage 1 thing.

Are you automatically taking his word for it in both instances?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:38 AM
That's a very good point. So too is the fact we have absolutely no clue whatsoever about what actually happened.

Condemning or trying to exonerate Peppers based on the diluted test and the girls rant is futile. Both issues raise a red flag of caution or vigilance. But neither - either taken together or separate provide conclusive evidence of intent or a cheat.

I think it's important to remember we're dealing with kids. It's almost impossible to understand or relate to the challenges they face in 2017, the temptations, social media, the opportunities offered to 'young stars', the naivety some may exhibit. Sure we would all love responsible, self aware, disciplined, god fearing young men playing for the Browns. Reality is that if we built a team around such criteria we'd be even worse than we were last year. in my opinion the Joe Thomas's of the world are the rarest of the rare.

I would never condone or easily forgive actions of individuals that were malicious or for want of a better word - evil - but I am also not going to rush to judgement based on circumstantial evidence. Peppers enters the NFL under a cloud and will be monitored heavily. Based on what Joe Thomas said I have at least a reasonable doubt over the diluted sample. With this other story ... I don't have a feeling one way or the other. I don't know what commitments the 2 made to each other - no idea if Peppers slept with 2 or 22 women the year this happened and what sort of man whore he was. It's not going to make me put a strike against his name based on the one story. I'm not going to raise doubts over the individuals character who wrote those words, though I will ponder her decision making regarding unprotected sex with a football jock who allegedly already gave her a std.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:41 AM
honestly who cares if he got an STD a few years ago? It means nothing about football.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:41 AM
Quote:

VIDEO: MICHIGAN'S JABRILL PEPPERS PUNCHES OHIO STATE FAN AFTER LOSING IN DOUBLE OVERTIME

Poor Jabrill Peppers.

After saying Michigan would hit Curtis Samuel and test Ohio State physically, the linebacker-safety hybrid failed to lay a finger on Samuel during his game-winning romp to the end zone in double overtime.

Michigan led by ten at one point, and Peppers registered the first interception of his collegiate career. But when the final whistle blew, he moved to 0-3 against his arch rival.

Ohio State fans rushed the field, and in the immediate scrum, an Ohio State fan appeared to bump Peppers. After the two exchanged words, Peppers swung and hit the fan in the mouth.

That's when Ohio State secondary coach Kerry Coombs intervened.

In Peppers defense, he just lost a bitterly contested game, and it's unclear what the Ohio State fan said. That doesn't excuse punching a guy in the face, but at least Peppers will likely be a multimillionaire in a few months anyway.

Click to see the video:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-fo...double-overtime

Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:44 AM
Quote:
Ohio State fans rushed the field, and in the immediate scrum, an Ohio State fan appeared to bump Peppers. After the two exchanged words, Peppers swung and hit the fan in the mouth.

Not to excuse him, but this is why rushing the field or court or anything in a sport is so dangerous.

You have a losing team encountering a mass of the home team's fans. I'm surprised this kind of stuff doesn't happen more often.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:45 AM
Is anyone asking for a judgment? Or, am I providing information?

Do you not see the difference? Is there a problem w/finding out as much information as you can?

I have made ZERO claims that he is a terrible person. I'm just skeptical and have been researching. I think the discrepancy between Sashi's comments and Peppers' comments are noteworthy.

Do you think Sashi is picking on Peppers?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:45 AM
LOL.........I think you just excused him............again.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:49 AM
Ohio State fans will love Woody Hayes's fiery passion and him punching a Clemson player, but think Jabrill Peppers is a horrible person for hitting a fan.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:52 AM
LOL.........I think you just excused him............again.

Not really. Just saying, in general, rushing the field/court in college sports has gotten ridiculous and it's very dangerous. Things have gone wrong in the past (including this incident), and things could get much worse in the future.

When some drunk idiots come out onto the field, getting in the face of some unstable college athlete (like a Ron Artest), things could go really really wrong.

As for Peppers, these kind of things are alarming, but i'm gonna have faith in the Front Office's background investigations into all these incidents. They know more than we do, and they have more to lose than we do (as fans) on this first round pick.

I know that's not your style (and it's not meant to be insulting at all), but i'm not gonna worry about it. He's on the team, I think he's got a lot of potential, and I'm gonna give him the thumbs up and clean slate until he proves me wrong
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:53 AM
Information, research, facts, examining every possible angle ..... all good things in my opinion. Transparency as a whole = good. It may not always be possible or practical. But I have no problem with information.

By the same token - discussing that information or research and offering an opinion on it .... surely that's not a bad thing either?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:54 AM
I am an Ohio State fan and I loathe what Woody did in that game.

I think it's wrong to speak for all Ohio State fans.

This is not a UM vs Ohio State issue. I loved Steve Everitt, Thom Darden, LeRoy Hoard. I wanted us to draft Lewis in this year's draft and had Taco as my 15th ranked player.

I know you liked Peppers pre-draft and that's cool. Support the dude. However, I don't think it is fair that you are insinuating some of us are bad-mouthing the guy because he went to UM. That is simply not true.

I think the guy can't cover. I question his character. I ain't really believing his version of the Stage one thing. It ain't close to what Sashi is saying.

Is Sashi a UM hater, too?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:54 AM
Maybe the guy who ran onto the field deserved a punch in the mouth, especially if he ran his drunken mouth.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:56 AM
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Information, research, facts, examining every possible angle ..... all good things in my opinion. Transparency as a whole = good. It may not always be possible or practical. But I have no problem with information.

By the same token - discussing that information or research and offering an opinion on it .... surely that's not a bad thing either?

Good point.

I used to think you were a terrible poster, but man, you've won me over w/a ton of good posts. I don't always agree w/what you say, but you make some logical arguments. That last one was excellent. Nice job!!!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:58 AM
I didn't take it as insulting. We disagree on some things, but you are always respectful. I think debate is good. We learn from seeing various opinions. Keep debating me, bro. I like it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:01 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Maybe the guy who ran onto the field deserved a punch in the mouth, especially if he ran his drunken mouth.

Maybe he did. Then again, maybe Peppers is an idiot? Ever consider that?

Did you watch the game? The guy was wolfing the entire game. Getting into people's faces after every non-play he participated in. The OSU guys would just walk away from the taunting. He was the biggest ass on the field. And it wasn't close.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:01 AM
Fans need to stay off the field, court, and hockey rinks:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp7ApYx6Qbc
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:26 AM
Ohio State fans will love Woody Hayes's fiery passion and him punching a Clemson player, but think Jabrill Peppers is a horrible person for hitting a fan.

I'm an OSU fan.

I disagree with your statement.

Woody, the coach, punched a player during a game.

Peppers, a player, after the game, with an OSU fan in his face, shoved him.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:35 AM
That man was the great grandson of the man who killed Woody Hayes's grandfather. It wasn't pretty, but it was honorable.

All I'm saying is judge Peppers on the field during the play, not by the guy off of it. He didn't come here to be a role model. If that happens, great. If he helps the team become better, even better.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:37 AM
Seriously, is that true?
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:44 AM
DD: "I was the intended receiver on that play. I was in the corner of the end zone, wide open, waving my arms. I realized it was an interception. I saw the commotion. I was walking from the end zone down the sideline and I said, "What happened?" And somebody said, "Woody hit somebody." And I said, "So what? What's the big deal? He hits somebody every day at practice." So they said, "No, a guy from the other team."

"I still didn't think much about it. After the game, Woody got us in a huddle and kind of told us a story as to why all that happened. He said (Charlie Bauman's ancestor) killed his great, great grandfather in the Civil War. And he said that's why he punched him. He had it coming. We all kind of looked at each other like, "Wow."

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state...-wr-doug-donley

Woody Hayes’s post-game address to his team was mostly about the Civil War. Hayes’s great-grandfather had been killed in the autumn of 1862 at the battle of Antietam, the bloodiest single-day battle in American history. Woody’s great-grandmother had already died before that, so his great-grandfather’s death left his grandfather Isaac Hayes an orphan.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/23/woody-hayes-punch-clemson-ohio-state
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:52 AM
lol, sounds like a nonsense story by Woody Hayes. How would he know that Bauman's ancestor killed his Great Grandfather or whatever, lol

The Battle Of Antiem was brutal. It's not like guys were keeping tally, walking over and confirming the names of the people that they killed
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:58 AM
I think the more likely explanation was woody was a competitive nut, and probably had a drinking problem.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:59 AM
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
lol, sounds like a nonsense story by Woody Hayes. How would he know that Bauman's ancestor killed his Great Grandfather or whatever, lol

Ancestory.com, of course!!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:59 AM

The Battle Of Antiem was brutal. It's not like guys were keeping tally, walking over and confirming the names of the people that they killed

Agreed. Kinda like Peppers' and his source telling of the story of what happened to get him in Stage One. LOL
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 03:06 AM
For Vers, there's another article where OSU Coach Coombs comes to Pepper's Defense.

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/ohio-s...rs-fan-incident

Coombs says "“This is really something that has been blown out of proportion and looks worse than it actually was,” Coombs told WCPO.com. “I really didn’t do anything special. Jabrill is a really good kid that was caught in a tough situation.”"

We don't know what was said, video shows the fan bumping into him.

Michigan players after the game were complaining about lack of security and being attacked by fans when they rushed the field. I do think they have a point. No reason a bunch of fans should be running around a field after a regular season game. At least let the opposing team clear out.

It's just dangerous

Also, your article says he punched the guy in the face, but if you look, it's a shove
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 03:17 AM
Probably true. But that'd be quite the lie to make up on a flight home before they had the internet.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 03:25 AM
Probably true. But that'd be quite the lie to make up on a flight home before they had the internet.

lol, but seriously. Before Ancestry.com, how the heck would he have any idea of this. Other than possibly knowing that Bauman's ancestor fought in the Battle Of Antiem for the Confederates (or Union, or the opposing side). There's simply no way.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 03:29 AM

lol, but seriously. Before Ancestry.com, how the heck would he have any idea of this. Other than possibly knowing that Bauman's ancestor fought in the Battle Of Antiem for the Confederates (or Union, or the opposing side). There's simply no way.

Maybe a man told a newly made orphan a name? a reason why the kid has no father? Who knows. Oral and family history is some weird business.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 03:50 AM
Maybe a man told a newly made orphan a name? a reason why the kid has no father? Who knows. Oral and family history is some weird business.

I dunno. I think Johnson would know better than this.

Like I said, a Civil War Battle. How the heck would anyone know the name of someone who killed someone else.

It would have to be like bayonette kill POW situation for it at all to be possible (bayonette kill the elder Johnson, and a comrade of Johnson would have to be taken POW by the same people that killed Elder Johnson (and get the name)). If Woody Johnson could keep track of the name and the ancestry, he had to think this over.

The odds are ridiculously low. Much more likely, Johnson hit the kid (as he had plenty of his own players before) and came up with an excuse attached to a Civil War story he was planning to give out anyway about the Battle of Antiem

Edit: Replace Johnson with Hayes. I'm on cellphone and computer is dead and it's past bedtime lol. Woody Johnson is owner of the Jets I think. Lol
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 04:00 AM
I don't know. I guess this all really depends on if the dude's ancestor fought in that battle. I think a dude just telling a 9 year old kid the only name he could think of is highly plausible. It's not like the confederates were a bunch of Iraqi's. They lived close enough that many people knew someone fighting on the other side. Who knows? I loved the visual of an elder johnson bayonetting elder hayes btw.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 04:03 AM
I'm in the, "this is a big deal" camp. He either,

A : Did drugs and tried to flush his system

Or

B: Needs to fire his agent

I'm leaning towards A
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 04:17 AM
Replace all the Johnsons with Hayes. Woody Johnson owns the Jets. Lol

But yeah. Battle of Antiem was one of the worst of the war. This wasn't Kansas-Missouri where that's possible. Antiem involved many soldiers. Hayes had to know this. It's just ridiculously unlikely that some how his killer would be known.

90000 union vs 40000 Confederate​ led by Lee. 3500 deaths and 22000 casualties. Someone on that team had to be an American History Major and recognized this was nonsense
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 04:24 AM
This happened in Maryland right next to Virginia. Antietam had a lot of soldiers. Makes saying one name easier. I'm surprised no one has fact checked this story. How many people do we have to email to get this on snopes?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 04:57 AM
Posted By: Wyo1975 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 05:18 AM
I am on the fence on what to believe. I don't know him personally so I don't know his character as a person and honestly that is the only way to actually form an opinion on this subject for me.

I keep seeing and hearing he has never had an issue of drug use nor failed any other kind of UA he has taken. So on that point I have reason to believe it's merely just bad luck in this instance. If he was feeling flu like and it was in the season they would have him hooked up to an IV and flooding him with fluids that in itself would be bad for a UA so couple that with his assertion of how much water he does drink in general plus ingesting more for extra working out....it isn't out of the realm that he thought he was safe.

Why might you ask? Well for one you have players such as Joe Thomas saying even he has had diluted UA's. Do you believe Joe to be a huge pot smoker? I do not. Also like he stated even diluted he takes another hours later for clarification which honestly should be done in these cases as well. I find it quite plausible that he could be telling the truth based just on my experiences with taking nearly 800 or so UA's in my lifetime due to work related testing. I work in roofing and depending on what day a random comes up and where and what you are doing that day it isn't hard to see guys come up diluted BUT they always get to retake and not automatically considered a druggie and put on punishment. So I base this part of my torn opinion based on personal experience.

I also can totally understand that these guys in theory know exactly what to expect and should know it's coming. Generally there is no doubt this guy celebrated after the football season cus they were heading to a payday. SO there is this part of me thinking "Oh you naughty little man".

I will wait for his 90 days and if he is taken off phase one then I am happy and that is about all you can ask for because the NFL for some reason doesn't take the proper steps to retake the tests for a definative answer. That is the real issue that causes all the rumors and speculation which is unfortunate.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 08:45 AM
Man she was one gorgeous woman. (she still might be, but I can't recall seeing her in anything lately)
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 11:43 AM

Sure, a lot of us love the passion, but I do not know anyone, OSU fan or not, who thinks him punching a player was OK.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:28 PM
WhT was missed here. Isaac Hayes was Woodys grandfather
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:38 PM
So basically what we got here with plenty of research and a little dislike of course from some OSU fans.

1. Peppers in his freshman year and sewing his oats with his new found freedom might HAVE GOTTEN AN STD all we know is an Anonymous maybe jilted lover slammed him with an accusation of passing on the std.

2. He is now entered in stage one of the NFL drug abuse without a trace of THC but the fact is he had a diluted Urine Sample. Considering he has a history of cramping up and was scheduled to work out with the DBs and LBs at the combine along with some air sickness...that part you can believe it or not I don't think its very relevant.

3. I think the NFL has to rethink their policy on Diluted samples. Its an Industry that during practice and games a player could exude over a gallon of hydration. I am always baffled how this play and that player is getting IVs for dehydration...I'm like why aren't these guys hydrating 3 days before Game day??? Now I'm wondering if they are cautious on having a diluted sample? This is dangerous by the NFL what if a player dies from Dehydration???

Anyways...if he is a good guy with only a dilution error in 90 days of being clean he starts from stage 0 again. It should be easily achieved.

The only thing I'm worried about is another diluted sample especially as hot weather is soon approaching. Hopefully in the NFL Stage policy they have alternatives like a re-test or blood sample and not just the one test and he goes into stage 2...they got to improve this system and get it right!
jmho
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:41 PM
tab, what do you make of Sashi's comments. Is he an Ohio State fan?
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:45 PM
Don't know...is that what you are going to fixate on, my comment of the natural dislike of a player from Michigan by OSU fans??? If you read some...not all of the posts there is some bias in there. If the shoe fits fine...if it doesn't that's good also...but there is some bias.

As far as Sashi's quote...frankly I don't remember it but I'm can only guess that is was in line with the NFL and that Peppers will have to be smart and not make another offense...complete guess on my part.

But my post had many other things. Just because I didn't pee on Peppers, I'm the bad guy??? lol laugh
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 12:57 PM
I never said or tried to imply that you were the bad guy. I know that I am the one who has questioned Peppers the most and I am a huge Ohio State fan. However, I have made it very clear that I could care less what college any Brown has played for. There were 3 guys from UM that I was hoping the Browns might draft. 2 for sure, and maybe one more.

I think the comments made by Sashi contradict the comments made by Peppers and his "source." Here they are again. Tell me what you think:

Quote:
Jabrill Peppers begins his Browns career in Stage One of the NFL drug program, and Sashi Brown acknowledged that the safety's livelihood will be at stake if he's not careful about what he puts in his body.

"It's certainly a factor for us,'' Brown said on draft night. "Jabrill understands. I think he's been accountable for it. He understands that it's something that he has to clean up as we move forward..."

And:

Quote:
"We talked to Jabrill about that,'' said Brown. "That's a concern for us. He understands it needs to be something that he's accountable for and responsible for what he puts in his body and understands that piece of it.''

"We did enough diligence at Michigan and through our process to understand who the young man was. We followed up to understand the sample and made the selection but Jabrill understands his NFL future, he's going to put that at stake if he continues to put himself in that type of a situation.''
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:12 PM
Actually you were not one who made me comment about OSU...heck it could even be from OBR board as well as this. But there are some without any logic have accused him as dirt and needs to go. It is those extremist who I was alluding to. And some poster possibly have a little subconscious bias towards a Wolverine possibly I put you in that category, to be honest.

Yeah I remember the Sashi Quotes. I think he was talking about their Vetting process and outcome after he tested positive for a diluted water sample. There was concern and he did drop to 25 as he was a top 10 guy for most of the process.

I don't think he has great concern after the vetting or else no way he would have gone with Peppers (a Williams request from what I hear) from a Hue Jackson favorite Hooker.

There was not a lot of time from the announcement to the draft. I don't think its a red flag reading those comments.
Just explaining our concern over the Stage 1 process.

jmho
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 01:28 PM
This happened in Maryland right next to Virginia. Antietam had a lot of soldiers. Makes saying one name easier. I'm surprised no one has fact checked this story. How many people do we have to email to get this on snopes?

lol, CHS. You're missing my point. There was 90,000 union soldiers. 40,000 Confederate soldiers (from Virginia). But in a battle with 130,000 soldiers, resulting in 20,000 casualties, how the heck would one guy know the next guy on the opposing side?

Are you thinking that Hayes' ancestry is from Maryland, right near Virginia and he somehow knew one of the 40,000 confederates? How many people do you know period? 40,000 is a lot of people. And the odds of knowing the exact confederate who killed him is ridiculously low, especially back then.

This isn't Kansas and Missouri or the Hatfields and McCoys. This was the Union Army (From all over) vs Robert E. Lee's Virginia Army (which had people coming from all over, as Lee was the Head of the South's Military).

I mean it's common sense. If Woody Hayes cared about his ancestry that much, he'd have known, Battle of Antiem, Uncle Fred was pulling my leg on Christmas when he was drunk and told me that some guy named Bauman killed my Great Grandfather at the Battle of Antiem. And chances are, with a last name as common as Bauman, that kid from South Carolina's ancestor didn't kill my Grandfather.

I mean here look at this
https://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=bauman
How many Baumans do you think are out there.

Only a person who was very mentally ill, so mentally ill that they would never be given a job coaching the OSU Buckeyes, would be able to actually believe that this guy really killed their great grand father. Woody Hayes wasn't that mentally ill. Just mentally ill enough to punch some innocent kid on the opposing team, lol

I'm sorry CHS, but you're reaching here
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:15 PM
I was thinking the only way is if the Player in a smack mode before the game stated his Ancestor killed Woody's thats really the only way I think this is viable???

Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 02:18 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
I was thinking the only way is if the Player in a smack mode before the game stated his Ancestor killed Woody's thats really the only way I think this is viable???

lol
Posted By: Wyo1975 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 03:38 PM
While I agree with your overall conclusion as to knowing specifically the exact person who killed who. I believe you are overly generalizing the Civil War in terms of not knowing who was in front of you at any given moment.

Unlike the modern age of army composition these units were more like Revolutionary War militas. These regiments and brigades etc etc were tagged and showed with pride EXACTLY where they came from and what the units names were. So while there may have been 40k troops overall on the battlefield for the CSA chances were you knew that the 15th South Carolina was in front of you and where they were generally from in that region on SC. Same with Union troops.

With all that in mind it isn't a far stretch to know what unit your great grand dad was in and exactly the unit that they were up against even in a vast battle such as Antietam. Woody was born in 1913? I believe so again it wouldn't be that far a stretch to assume that in his family the Civil War and crimes against the family would still have been a topic.

So is his story a possibility? Sure anything is possible, however, I agree with your conclusion he had no idea that in fact that kids ancestor pulled the trigger that killed his great grand dad. I just thought your reasoning was too broad for the times we were speaking of.
Posted By: hitt Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 03:54 PM
Vers, Like you I don't care where a player played in college- as life long Ohio State lover/Dad graduated with two degrees from there- only thing that matters is can guy play and does he fit- fit as in character/ drive Browns players should have. I assume FO did ALL necessary work on Peppers and he came out clean. Unlike what the fired radio announcer stated on air that he was "high" all the time- we don't need another Gordon picked in first round.
Until proved otherwise I believe Peppers is "clean" and should be a positive player for us for a long time.....GO Browns!!!
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 04:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Wyo1975

So is his story a possibility? Sure anything is possible, however, I agree with your conclusion he had no idea that in fact that kids ancestor pulled the trigger that killed his great grand dad. I just thought your reasoning was too broad for the times we were speaking of.

This is where I'm at. I don't think the kid's ancestor killed Haye's ancestor. But I'm not so sure it was a lie made up on the spot.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 04:06 PM
Meanwhile.

Gordon denied. Can reapply this fall per Pelissero.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 04:18 PM
My uncle was shot down in WW2 by a Japanese pilot named Tanaka

I punched a guy this weekend with the same name. I I'm banned from my favorite hibachi restaurant
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Meanwhile.

Gordon denied. Can reapply this fall per Pelissero.

Well that tables that debate for awhile. Thank god for little favors
Posted By: Stetson76 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 06:05 PM
I never said or tried to imply that you were the bad guy. I know that I am the one who has questioned Peppers the most and I am a huge Ohio State fan. However, I have made it very clear that I could care less what college any Brown has played for. There were 3 guys from UM that I was hoping the Browns might draft. 2 for sure, and maybe one more.

I think the comments made by Sashi contradict the comments made by Peppers and his "source." Here they are again. Tell me what you think:

Quote:
Jabrill Peppers begins his Browns career in Stage One of the NFL drug program, and Sashi Brown acknowledged that the safety's livelihood will be at stake if he's not careful about what he puts in his body.

"It's certainly a factor for us,'' Brown said on draft night. "Jabrill understands. I think he's been accountable for it. He understands that it's something that he has to clean up as we move forward..."

And:

Quote:

I'll just say that my reading of those quotes is as follows "it's something that he has to clean up" meant clean up his record after the dilluted sample. As for the second quote regarding what he puts in his body, that's literally what he needs to do to avoid another dilluted sample. Watch what he puts in his body. Allegedly, in this case, the amount of water he drinks.

I 100% understand how it can be looked at as though there were something else there, but I just don't think we would have drafted him if that were the case. As such, I think it's reasonable to read those quotes the way I outlined.

Either way I hope this kid either is an off the field Boy Scout, or becomes one real quick so he can help the Browns win.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/11/17 10:53 PM
ESPN Cleveland host fired for saying Browns rookie on drugs

http://nypost.com/2017/05/11/espn-cleveland-host-fired-for-saying-browns-rookie-on-drugs/

This was one comparison that should have been avoided. It cost Sabrina Parr her job with ESPN Radio Cleveland.

Parr compared first-round pick Jabrill Peppers to troubled Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon, but not because of their abilities on the football field.

“He’s on the lean and the molly,” Parr said on “The Really Big Show” on ESPN 850. “The guy’s not going to make it. He’s not going to make it through the season.

“He’s another Josh Gordon. … I’ve seen it first-hand from a different vantage point, and it’s the same thing all over again. How are you already high out of your mind and you’ve only been here for a week?”

Peppers, a safety out of Michigan from New Jersey, tested positive for a diluted sample at the NFL Combine in March. Hosts Tony Rizzo and Aaron Goldhammer tried to get Parr to back off her comments, but she wouldn’t stop and joked that 10-time Pro Bowler Joe Thomas also was “on the lean,” which also is known as “purple drank” or “sizzurp.”

“I guess I can’t say certain things,” Parr said before being interrupted with, “No. You can’t.”

Parr attempted to use the “I was misquoted” defense on Twitter — it’s hard to get by on radio — but later deleted the post.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 12:21 AM
I don't live in Cleveland, and generally try my best to avoid material from the Cleveland-area sports reporters, but doesn't she have a history with players and tossing out accusations? Does she have a history of making incorrect accusations?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 12:42 AM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I don't live in Cleveland, and generally try my best to avoid material from the Cleveland-area sports reporters, but doesn't she have a history with players and tossing out accusations? Does she have a history of making incorrect accusations?

Those are good questions, bro.

If those answers are yes..........then I will feel better about the situation.

My initial feeling when I read another article on the subject was "Wow, those are strong allegations and there must be some truth to them." Heck, she lost her job over them.....yet, she never backed down from her comments about Peppers. She did say she was joking about Joe T.

I don't have a good feeling about this. However, I hope the answers to your questions are that she does have a history of making up stories because that would be good news for the Browns.

I just think there is something fishy here. Her comments. Sashi's comments. The diluted story. Too many coincidences in a short period of time for me to believe he is squeaky clean.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 01:48 AM

There is audio but one swear word so can't post it but will pm it if you want to hear it.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 02:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Vambo

There is audio but one swear word so can't post it but will pm it if you want to hear it.

Ryan McCrystal‏ @Ryan_McCrystal May 10
Replying to @Ryan_McCrystal @Sabrina_Parr

You can't be misquoted on the radio. It's literally your own voice saying those words.

https://twitter.com/Ryan_McCrystal
Posted By: BpG Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 02:53 AM
I have a friend who has a photo of Jabril smoking a blunt at his house. He text it to me on draft night....great pick Browns.....ugh
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 02:55 AM
Originally Posted By: BpG
I have a friend who has a photo of Jabril smoking a blunt at his house. He text it to me on draft night....great pick Browns.....ugh

Are we pretending NFL players don't smoke weed?

I don't care if he smokes weed, I care if gets caught.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 03:01 AM

Are we pretending NFL don't smoke weed?

Agreed
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 04:07 AM

Agreed

He hasn't played a game and he is already in Stage 1, so there's that. LOL
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 04:08 AM

Agreed

He hasn't played a game and he is already in Stage 1, so there's that. LOL

Not a good sign.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 07:54 AM

Are we pretending NFL players don't smoke weed?

yes
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 08:35 AM
The NFL will eventually have to alter it's policy or end up with a three team league. Like it or not a great deal of these guys are smoking to deal with pain, stress, relaxation, addiction or whatever.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 12:25 PM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
The NFL will eventually have to alter it's policy or end up with a three team league. Like it or not a great deal of these guys are smoking to deal with pain, stress, relaxation, addiction or whatever.

Exactly. And an NFL Team Doctor will prescribe players painkillers in a heart beat, but the guys can't smoke pot.

It's just ridiculous
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 12:32 PM
Never too early to be a bust. This is stupid on the part of Peppers; look at the "culture" we have emplaced already, certainly by these two players. Sashi sounds serious. Thank goodness!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 01:01 PM
Why do people always assume that the players are only smoking pot?
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 01:19 PM
EDIT: Thing got all messed up. He's try number 2 (The Quote isn't working Vers for your short post you had before)

This is a point I was trying to make with the whole Josh Gordon thing.

I was only talking about pot because it's a banned substance in the NFL yet team doctorsl hand out painkillers like candy. Painkillers are a real pet peeve of mine or whatever you wanna call it. They're the substance that many of my friends got hooked on and have really set them back in their lives. Led to heroin for some, led to heavy arrests for others. And I get that folks are responsible for their own actions, but when they started taking painkillers, that's when things took a turn for the worse.

So yeah, it annoys me that the NFL bans marijuana but will hand out a percoset to a guy in a heartbeat. IMO the Pharma Companies are the worst druglords in this country.

But yes, there's definitely assumptions that are made by fans, about players and failed drug tests etc., that they're doing one thing or another. Like we said, how do we know that Peppers sample was dilute and didn't actually fail for a substance? How do we know what exactly Josh Gordon has been doing? For all we know, he could have major cocaine problems too.

But in this case, CFS or whatever those initials are, posted that he doesn't care if players smoke pot, only if they get caught, and many folks just agreed.
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 01:33 PM
j/c...amazing the ASSumptions we end up making on this board over a diluted sample...lol
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 02:20 PM

I think most only smoke pot (besides all the pain killers of course). Weed is easy to access and pretty safe.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 02:30 PM
I think pot is the most popular, but I think players use PEDs. I think drugs like Purple Drank, Ecstasy, and coke are popular choices, as well. And of course, alcohol abuse is huge.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 02:35 PM
I think pot is the most popular, but I think players use PEDs. I think drugs like Purple Drank, Ecstasy, and coke are popular choices, as well. And of course, alcohol abuse is huge.

Of course they use PEDs, I thought that was a given. I think the other drugs you mentioned are less prevalent just because it is harder to function when using them. I think they smoke/eat weed when they get home to make their bodies feel better.

In the off-season all bets are off though.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 05:55 PM

Of course they use PEDs, I thought that was a given. I think the other drugs you mentioned are less prevalent just because it is harder to function when using them. I think they smoke/eat weed when they get home to make their bodies feel better.

In the off-season all bets are off though.

Also weed lasts a lot longer than most of those drugs do in the urine. Although if you're not in stage one you're only getting tested once per year during minicamp. So most players are smart enough not to get caught. The NFL doesn't want their players suspended for this type of stuff. It did take a few Steelers to get punished before they went a lot more lenient than they used to be.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 06:56 PM
Browns' Jabrill Peppers: 'I've never done' those drugs 'in my life'

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_jabrill_peppers_ive_nev.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns rookie safety Jabrill Peppers denied allegations Friday that he's been using illegal recreational drugs.

Former ESPN Cleveland contributor Sabrina Parr, who was fired by the station on Wednesday, said on The Really Big Show that day that Peppers was "on the Lean and the Molly'' and that he's ''already been high out of his mind'' despite only being here for a week. Lean is a drink made of promethazine with codeine, Sprite and Jolly Rancher candy. Molly is slang for Ecstasy.

"No. No. Absolutely not, never in my life,'' Peppers said on the first day of rookie minicamp. "Whatever drugs she said I've done, I've never done in my life."

Peppers, who begins his career in Stage One of the NFL's drug program because of a dilute sample at the NFL Combine, had no idea where Parr got her information.

"I mean, people can say whatever they want to say,'' he said. "This is my first time in Cleveland since they brought me out here, so I don't know what she's talking about. I just think people want to say what they say to make stories. I can't do anything about that. I came here to play football and help this great organization get back to prominence."

Pepper, the No. 25 overall pick, isn't about to let the controversy spoil the start of his NFL career.

"Absolutely not,'' he said. "No one's going to take this moment away from me. I don't care what it is. I've worked my whole life to get here. I'm happy to be here. I'm not going to let what people say about me ruin the best moment of my life. Are you kidding me? I've been talked about, hated on my whole life. There's no skin off my teeth. To answer your question, no. I'm extremely happy I'm here. I'm happy to prove myself again.''

He assured fans it will all be about good football now.

"That's the only thing they're going to hear from here on out,'' he said. "I don't really get into things outside of football because that's outside of my control. Like I said before, I never failed a drug test in my life, never been arrested, so people want to speculate on that for other reasons, which we all know what those reasons are, and so be it.

"I'm just here to be the best person and football player I can be, learn from the vets, the great coaches and the coaching staff and that's what I intend to do.''

Browns head of football operations Sashi Brown admitted Peppers' dilute sample "is a concern'' and said the club has talked to him about it and warned him that he's accountable for what he puts in his body.
But Peppers stuck by what a source told ESPN after the dilute sample came to light, that he overhydrated at the Combine.
"I do have a history of cramping,'' he said. "I was working out for two position groups and I was informed to hydrate. I know now that too much hydration can hurt but you know it's not a big deal for me. I'm not really too worried about it. Like I said, people can speculate all they want. I'm just here to learn from these guys and be the best person I can be."
Peppers, the hybrid player out of Michigan, said he's tried various things to avoid cramping.

"The typical pickle juice doesn't work for me,'' he said. "Eating bananas doesn't work for me. Pedialyte doesn't work for me. It's this thing called The Right Stuff that I took in college, had real good effects, so I'm probably just going to stay with that. I feel like they're more high tech here, now. Hopefully we can figure out something better that won't require me to take one of those every quarter.''

As for landing in Stage One of the NFL drug program because of the watered-down sample, Peppers is taking it in stride.

"It's due process,'' he said. "You can't be frustrated about the process. I'm not the only guy going through that process. You can't be mad at the system. You just take it on the chin like a grown man and move forward and that's what I intend to do.''

Asked if he's been apprised of what he must do to be sprung from the program -- which can as early as 90 days with no missteps -- Peppers chuckled.

"Just do what I've been doing, stay clean,'' he said. "There's nothing more than that."

Coming from Michigan, Peppers is used to the scrutiny.

"I'm built for it,'' he said. "But that's just society. Those who don't like me use things like this to further their agenda and other people speculate. I can only control what I can control and that's being the best ballplayer and person that I can be."

On draft night and again a week later in an interview on 92.3 The Fan, Sashi Brown acknowledged that Peppers must be careful or risk his career.

"We talked to Jabrill about that,'' said Brown. "That's a concern for us. He understands it needs to be something that he's accountable for and responsible for what he puts in his body and understands that piece of it.

Peppers will be tested randomly in Stage one, and if he fails a test he'll be subject to a fine of three weeks' pay and advance to Stage Two of the program. Violations in Stage Two can result in the loss of four game checks or a four-game suspension.
But Peppers has no intentions of letting that happen.

"Definitely, definitely a sense of gratitude to them just because they believed in me with all of the negative going on and believing in my play,'' he said on draft night. "I'm definitely indebted into being the best person and player I can be. I promised Coach Jackson that I will do so."
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 08:03 PM

I don't think it's any more or less an assumption that they're doing more than smoking weed.

Doesn't our opinions that are not all fact based require an assumption of some sort?
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 10:56 PM
Jabrill Peppers sits out first Browns rookie camp practice because he hasn't signed participation agreement

BEREA, Ohio -- Most of the time, a player does his talking on the field, but it was the opposite on the first day of Browns rookie camp for safety Jabrill Peppers.

Peppers, the No. 25 overall pick, met with the media a few hours before practice and addressed allegations by fired ESPN Cleveland contributor Sabrina Parr that he's been using illegal recreational drugs.

But when it came time for the Michigan product to make it all about football during the afternoon practice, he wasn't out on the field with his nine fellow draft picks, 11 undrafted rookies and 17 tryout players.

The Browns announced afterwards that Peppers isn't practicing yet because he hasn't yet signed his participation agreement. Peppers remains unsigned, and his agent Todd France, advised him not to sign the standard participation waiver.

"We're in the process of getting that done,'' said coach Hue Jackson. "Those things happen. They happen throughout the league. I think we'll get that squared away here soon.''

Still, Jackson acknowledged it was unfortunate not to have him out there during the spirited two-hour session.

"Oh, it is,'' said Jackson. "And I'm sure it's disappointing for the young man, too. But that's just part of it and we'll work through that. We'll get him up to speed. He did a great job in meetings last night. He's chomping at the bit and ready to go. So we'll get him out here soon.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/jabrill_peppers_agent_advises.html

how come the other unsigned first round picks were out there?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 10:59 PM
It seems like the unsigned players have to sign some sort of waiver just in case something happens to them at practice. Peppers was advised not to practice. My guess is that they want to get his contract done first just so he is guaranteed money. It seems dumb to me, it's not like the team won't sign him if he gets hurt.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 11:01 PM
Jabrill Peppers can’t be drug tested until he signs participation agreement

Regardless of whether there are big coincidences or small coincidences, it’s coincidental at best that Browns safety Jabrill Peppers didn’t sign a participation agreement allowing him to take part in the rookie minicamp, given that without a participation agreement (or a formal contract) he is immune from drug testing.

That’s how it works; no testing occurs (either substance-abuse or PED) until a player signs his rookie deal or inks a participation agreement that promises he’ll receive the contract he would have gotten if he suffers a serious injury during offseason workouts. Regardless of whether Peppers didn’t sign a participation agreement with the specific purpose of avoiding drug testing, that’s the practical result.

Despite the nonchalance projected by coach Hue Jackson regarding the decision of Peppers to decline to sign a participation agreement, it’s a very rare occurrence. Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman did it in 2005. Last year, Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa actually signed a participation agreement and showed up for rookie minicamp before refusing to engage in any further workouts until he received his four-year deal.

Again, it doesn’t mean Peppers refused to sign the participation agreement specifically to avoid drug testing. Still, without the participation agreement he won’t be tested. Given that he tested positive at the Scouting Combine with a dilute sample (and thus will be in the program once he shows up for work) and in light of post-draft comments from executive V.P. of football operations Sashi Brown indicating that the positive test is something Peppers has to clean up, it’s fair to at least wonder whether his decision not to sign a standard document allowing him to participate in rookie minicamp has a connection to the effort to clean something up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...tion-agreement/

well..
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 11:37 PM
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/12/17 11:39 PM
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

it’s a very rare occurrence. Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman did it in 2005. Last year, Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa actually signed a participation agreement and showed up for rookie minicamp before refusing to engage in any further workouts until he received his four-year deal.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 12:05 AM
Peppers is giving off bad vibes, in my opinion.
Posted By: BpG Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 12:39 AM
If dude is hanging out with people who would take a photo of him doing something stupid. Imagine what he's doing with people he trusts.

Where there is smoke.....with the BROWNS draft picks....there is almost certainly fire. With that said, Joey Bosa is KNOWN for his love of nose drugs and he's a stud.

Time will tell.
Posted By: Riddler Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 12:41 AM
Peppers is giving off bad vibes, in my opinion.

Agree. Speculation it might be, but is he in a minority of one. Not signing this is not unprecedented but in his case, it adds to the smoke. Bad advice, or something to hide.

But then we are Browns fans and we are so damn snakebit with this stuff we come to assume the worst because it usually comes to that haha
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 12:43 AM
I don't know if he's doing drugs or not, but it's not a good look that he is in Stage 1, talks some crap w/no apologies, and then is the ONLY rookie to not sign the participation agreement and not practice, which means he can't be tested.

<<Sigh>>
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 12:45 AM
I don't care if he's doing drugs.

I don't care if the whole team is doing drugs.

As long as you're smart enough to not get caught. And can play. And play well. I'm good.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 01:02 AM
It seems like the unsigned players have to sign some sort of waiver just in case something happens to them at practice. Peppers was advised not to practice. My guess is that they want to get his contract done first just so he is guaranteed money. It seems dumb to me, it's not like the team won't sign him if he gets hurt.

The test was done at the nfl scouting combine are there different rules there?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 01:04 AM
I hear you, but he already got caught.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 01:13 AM
Throwing wet blanket on draftees' dilute test explanations
ProFootballDocContact ReporterSports Medical Analyst

Here is the story behind the diluted test results for Jabrill Peppers and Reuben Foster. Or, at least, here is what you need to know about the reality (and myth) of how it is possible the two impending draftees came to have diluted drug tests

NFL drug tests by nature are confidential in their results and complex in the process. Identities and circumstances of players in the "drug program" are supposed to be protected and subject to penalty if confidentiality is violated.

Even the process of testing is purposely mysterious.For example, last year James Harrison was told he could not video a mandatory drug test in order to maintain the "integrity of the protocols and protect against the possibility of manipulation of the process at the time or during future tests.”

In theory, the public would never have known about the diluted samples and subsequent ruling of positive tests if Foster and Peppers had not revealed them. However, every team and draft decision maker already knew. Although commendable to come forward and provide information, it wasn’t truly "coming clean” since the important people already had the information.

The testing at the NFL Scouting Combine is similar to testing for veteran players, with strict protocol. Each player is directly witnessed while providing each sample. Only under this stringent process would the league be able to impose a first strike for the substance abuse policy.

The first question is why a dilute sample is considered a positive result. In the drug testing world diluting a sample is considered to be a way of cheating or decreasing the chance of getting caught by "watering down" the specimen. Sometimes this is done with diuretics, masking agents, altering the sample or drinking lots of water. (Missing a test is also considered a positive.)

Many have chimed in asking why a player would not just be allowed to resubmit a sample.

Joe Thomas and other NFL players have said that happened to them and they were allowed to wait and supply more urine.

Joe Thomas
&#10004;
@joethomas73

Question to all of my NFL brothers... have you ever had a dilute sample in the NFL where they just made you pee again? I have...
8:00 PM - 24 Apr 2017

The answer lies in whether the test is for substances of abuse or performance enhancing drugs. Players are allowed up to four samples under the PED test but only one sample without repeat for the test for “street” drugs.

Why are there two testing systems?

The PED test is done randomly throughout the season to catch players trying to assist their performance. The substance abuse test is done only once per year, unless a previous positive puts a player in the program for random testing. The two tests look for different drugs and have different purposes, rules and penalty structures. Substances of abuse is governed by a 41-page document agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA, while PED follows a separate 35-page mantra.

Does the Peppers explanation make sense? Peppers’ representatives said he “has a history of cramping” and drank “eight to 10” bottles of water before he went to bed since he would be performing both linebacker and defensive back drills. However, a player with a history of cramping would know to drink an electrolyte-rich fluid like Gatorade or Pedialyte instead of water, as electrolytes are much more effective in alleviating cramping.

Does the Foster food poisoning explanation make sense? Typically diarrhea, cramping and not being able to keep anything down results in concentrated urine. It is unlikely Foster drank so much water in an attempt to "flush out " his system that it resulted in going to the other extreme of being diluted. First, drinking enough water to dilute urine usually means a person wakes up in the middle of the night to empty a full bladder, thus normalizing future specimens. Second, urine in the morning (when drug tests are typically administered) is naturally more concentrated in the morning.

Some players are known to drink water to be heavier at weigh-ins. However, drug testing typically happens early, often well before (even a day before) weigh-ins. Chugging water can add pounds temporarily. With healthy kidneys, that effect is minimized after just hours.

Will we know what each player might have tested tested positive for? Assuming confidentiality is maintained, no. It is entirely possible the tests were not actually positive for any substance of abuse, but a dilute test by rule is considered a first positive.

Will this affect their draft stock? Potentially, yes. But due to a “character” concern. General managers are not so naive to believe their players don't smoke marijuana – whether for pain relief or for recreation. After all, the once-a-year substance abuse test has been called the "intelligence test.”

The issue is less whether a player smokes, but more that they can't do it after they are in the program. It takes up to six weeks for pot to clear from urine, and the likelihood of a random test occurring during this time is high. Further positives lead quickly to fines and mandatory suspensions.

Aside from the character issue, teams worry about escalated discipline and future game absences. The moral for players is to stay away from a first positive.

Once in the program and subject to random testing, there is a zero-tolerance policy to any substance of abuse. For example, if an original test was positive for Adderall, a first-time detection of marijuana would still trigger a second positive. Both Peppers and Foster now find themselves in this precarious situation.

The real question: How will this be viewed in the minds of each team’s decision makers?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spor...0427-story.html
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 01:50 AM
I hear you, but he already got caught.

He did?

What did he get caught with in his system?

Link?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 02:18 AM
Is that a serious question or are you just trying to be difficult?

He is in Stage One. The link is at the top of the page. The NFL does not release the details of the suspensions under the Confidentially rule, which is tied to Hippa. I provided the information on that in the Gordon thread.

I think it might be a mistake to automatically believe the word of the player and his sources.

All we know for sure is that he is already in Stage One. Are you going to deny that?
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:02 AM
Yes he is in stage one and that certainly isn't the best way to start but it seems as though he has a lot of enthusiasm and ambition to play. It also sounds like he loves the game. Hopefully these traits will override anything wrong he may have done and keep him straight in the future. If he does we may have a real good player and team leader on our hands.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:38 AM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Yes he is in stage one and that certainly isn't the best way to start but it seems as though he has a lot of enthusiasm and ambition to play. It also sounds like he loves the game. Hopefully these traits will override anything wrong he may have done and keep him straight in the future. If he does we may have a real good player and team leader on our hands.

Ambition to play, but not to participate in minicamp? An article posted above makes it sound as though that hasn't happened since 2005. The fact that there are no drug tests without the participation agreement makes this fishy. Might be a coincidence, but is suspicious.

I hope nothing comes of this and he gets out of stage one.

I suppose the NFL is run by Buckeye fans, huh?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:47 AM
I admit that I am even more concerned now than when we drafted this player.

As far as I know, teams (and/or the combine) don't release the results from drug testing, so we almost have to take their word for how they tested when a violation is reported. Was it really a diluted sample? Was it an outright failed test? Who knows? The player controls the release of the information.

I have to admit that I might be more worried about Peppers than I am about Brantley. I am just getting a bad vibe from Peppers.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 04:02 AM
I also want to add that this holding off from signing his paperwork required to participate, (and the drug test that goes with it) is a concern for a guy who failed a drug test at the combine.

Peppers is represented by CAA. Their site says that they have represented many NFL players.

From their site:

Representing many of the most successful players in the NFL, helping to guide both their on- and off-field business strategies
Clients include more than one-third of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL, 10 of the last 15 NFL MVPs, 24 players selected to the 2017 Pro Bowl, and the #1 or #2 overall selections in the NFL Draft for eight of the past 13 years. In the past 16 years, CAA Sports agents have represented more than 100 First-Round picks, more than three times the next closest competitor.

http://sports.caa.com/football.aspx

So, why, when they have had all of these other guys participate without issue, would they hold out Peppers?

Yeah, I am concerned.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 08:06 AM
something doesn't seem right to be either. maybe i'm just snakebitten by Haden and Gordon's situations
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 09:29 AM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Might be a coincidence, but is suspicious.

Very suspicious. I don't believe in coincidences...
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 10:14 AM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

I agree.

I was already angry about the trade down. This just makes it even worse.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 10:57 AM
Just feeling odd about this. Sign papers and suit up. Stage one and a failure to get processed in may be odd coincidence, but it points the wrong direction IMO, and it's a surprise given all the talk about the love of the game and such.

I had some reservations about his pick, but hoped for good stuff. Another potential sideshow in the making? Hope not.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 11:40 AM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

Add in Sashi's comments about Peppers needs to be careful about what he puts in his body. That doesn't sound like water....LOL

Hopefully, he learned his lesson and will stay clean moving forward. Everything will be fine if he does that.
Posted By: mac Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 12:22 PM
NFL intelligence test = a rookie's first urine sample/drug test.

Not signing the participation agreement..someone tell me what this means, because I'm thinking Peppers is now worried that he will test dirty..again?

...is that what we are talking about, here?
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 01:24 PM
Originally Posted By: mac
... I'm thinking Peppers is now worried that he will test dirty..again?

...is that what we are talking about, here?

That would be the implication...yep.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 01:33 PM
Not a good look to start the career, whether this is poor decision making, coincidence, ignorance, or a combination of all
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 01:33 PM
massive cover up from FO to he janitor.

They knew he was dirty, firing of that ESPN reporter that broke the story was obviously sent down from on high from the browns, to remove that lane to the story.

Hue being so dismissive of him not signing the participation agreement lends credence that he is also aware and part of the cover up.

This fish stinks from the head on down
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 01:40 PM
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg

They knew he was dirty, firing of that ESPN reporter that broke the story was obviously sent down from on high from the browns, to remove that lane to the story.

Hue being so dismissive of him not signing the participation agreement lends credence that he is also aware and part of the cover up.

Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 01:43 PM
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

so you don't think the FO knew about this? Who is ignoring the obvious here? They knew then and they know now... he is dirty
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 02:02 PM
I admit that I am even more concerned now than when we drafted this player.

I also want to add that this holding off from signing his paperwork required to participate, (and the drug test that goes with it) is a concern for a guy who failed a drug test at the combine.

No question about it. It's making me a little weary that it was something more than just overloading on water and quite frankly with Manziel, Gordon, Armonty and etc - I'm sick of these druggies.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 02:37 PM
Tony Grossi&#8207;Verified account
@TonyGrossi

Following
More
Per Browns, Jabrill Peppers will practice today. Signed participation agreement.

--------

wonder what change from yesterday lol
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 02:37 PM
Those drugs left his system quick:

Quote:
Browns say Jabrill Peppers will be a full participant in rookie minicamp today. He signed his participation agreement this morning.

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/863402621343870978
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 02:48 PM
Maybe he wanted a test done my a lab hired by him to get the results in hand before the NFL conducted theirs.

Maybe he wanted to know how much water he could drink without it being a dilute sample? Not much could be gained in 1 day if he was trying to flush his system.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:10 PM
NBC Sports - ProFootballTalk: Jabrill Peppers signs
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/13/jabrill-peppers-signs-participation-agreement/
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:11 PM
so his 90 day window begins today
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:16 PM
what changed - he passed the test when he self administered it, so he is good to go, for now.

lets se how long it lasts.

hope it does, but I doubt it will
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:25 PM
Well, it's easy to see you already have your mind made up, he's dirty. I don't think he is, otherwise he wouldn't have passed this one.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
Well, it's easy to see you already have your mind made up, he's dirty. I don't think he is, otherwise he wouldn't have passed this one.

how you know he passed?
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:29 PM
far as I know he didn't take one yet, he now only eligible to be subject to one.
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:36 PM
Okay, he opens himself up to testing. I don't much care for the dude either, but he is a Brown and I might even buy his jersey, I don't know why some of you want to hammer him into the ground. Let him play ball first.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:40 PM
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
Okay, he opens himself up to testing. I don't much care for the dude either, but he is a Brown and I might even buy his jersey, I don't know why some of you want to hammer him into the ground. Let him play ball first.

well he went to what collage? rofl

i dont see anyone hammering him.
Posted By: Wyo1975 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:43 PM
It's ridiculous that some people want to allude to "facts", however, the amount of negative SPECULATION seems to run rampant when agenda's are concerned.

FACT: A dilluted sample means there was no definative result that says one way or the other that he was positive or over hydrated.

FACT: He is now on NFL stage 1 of there policy because of this dilluted sample.

FACT: He didn't sign a participation agreement and missed 1 practice on the field but obviously didn't miss the class room or other rookie activitys.

SPECULATION: He was drugged out of his mind and had to hurry and cover it up at the combine.

SPECULATION: He must have tested for something of substance to be on the NFL stage 1.

SPECULATION: He missed his first practice cus he is still using from the combine and he is gonna be Josh Gordon and never play for us thus being a bust.

It cracks me up when I see and hear about how dismissive posters on this board are when people don't state facts, yet everything you read are opinions and expert analysis on subjects most are unqualified to make. I fall in that category aswell I am by and far not an expert unless it comes to construction but the holier than thou attitudes are laughable.
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 03:45 PM
You don't see the constant belittling of a player, (also with no proof) as not hammering. Ok carry on. I'm done with you
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 04:26 PM
Mary Kay Cabot&#8207;Verified account @MaryKayCabot 23m23 minutes ago
More
#Browns Jabrill Peppers says signing agreement today had nothing to do w/ drug testing. "Don't know why you guys think of me that way"
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 04:31 PM
Mary Kay Cabot&#8207;Verified account @MaryKayCabot 9m9 minutes ago
More
#Browns Jabrill Peppers said he stressed to his agents how much he wanted to sign agreement & practice today. Hue Jax urged him to do so
Posted By: GwarriorScumDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 05:17 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 05:28 PM
Quote:
It's ridiculous that some people want to allude to "facts", however, the amount of negative SPECULATION seems to run rampant when agenda's are concerned.

You sure learned how to insult posters real quick. Who called you out? Which posters?

I saw posters offering their opinions w/out attacking or belittling other posters.......then you and bleed have to go and make things personal.

Do you think you can defend Peppers w/out belittling other posters?
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 05:43 PM
well he signed and for me that's an important step... so I can give him some benefit of doubt.

To me he is in the show me stage.... I will not rag on him as long as he stays clean for the next 90,.. I am hoping he will, but ...meh 'nuff said
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 05:46 PM
nah Vers, most can't disagree without making it personal, I rarely respond to them as its just a waste of time.

At least when you and I disagree its about the issue not the poster, but that's the way things are... pity
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 05:47 PM
Who's making things personal? I just think we need to give a Player ( A rookie at that) the benefit of the doubt on this.
There is no proof what so ever and the media just runs with what ever comes down the pike. I would like to think we all can be adults about this.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 05:48 PM
actually I am just concerned that PBlack and me are on the same side of the issue, poke

That may be a first
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 05:50 PM
actually I am just concerned that PBlack and me are on the same side of the issue, poke

That may be a first

lol
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 05:50 PM
bleed.......I have no problem w/you supporting Peppers. I haven't got on your case for doing so. I just think we should keep it about the topic at hand and not throw words around like "agenda" when we don't agree w/the opposing view.

The board has been running much more smoothly lately and there has been far less bickering and personal attacks on posters. It's been more about the topics and I for one, find that enjoyable.

And to be very clear...........I have absolutely NO problem w/anyone who wants to defend Peppers.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 06:22 PM
1. He’s back: Safety Jabrill Peppers was on the field for the first time after missing Day 1 because he was advised by agent Todd France to not sign the standard participation agreement. The unusual move by Peppers prompted speculation by Profootballtalk.com that perhaps Peppers was holding off to delay the inevitable drug test that comes upon signing the agreement and participating in minicamp. Peppers explained the delay as an oversight on his part to sign the agreement “in light of my excitement” of being at his first camp. When questions persisted about the appearance of having a diluted test at the NFL Combine followed by this delay, Peppers, for the first time, got a little impatient with the tone. “I don’t know why you guys think of me like that,” Peppers said. “Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. What you guys think of me is no skin off my teeth. I’m not worried about anything but being the best football player and the best person.” Asked if the speculation alone led to him getting on the field, Peppers chuckled derisively and said, “No, no. I’m not worried about that. Stop asking me questions about that.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland/post/...r-missing-day-1
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 06:38 PM
So I've been thinking, is it the agents responsibility to make Peppers aware and follows proper protocol in regards to drug tests? If the agent don't make sure Peppers is aware and follows protocol, wouldn't that be a fireable offense?

Or his agent told peppers the protocol, and peppers decided not to, for whatever reason.
Posted By: Wyo1975 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 06:42 PM
Exactly whom did I belittle? Are you afraid that I listed the known facts of this issue then proceeded to lay out the generalized speculations being put forth attacking and dismissing this young man?

I am sorry if you didn't like hearing the fact that the tone in which some throw out speculation seems to be defended astho they are factual statements. That is not a personal attack on anyone. I realize this is a message board based primarily on opinions and not necessarily facts but don't you think recklessly speculating on a persons character is a bit much?

If you want to call me out in my posts at least reference the whole body of what I said. Thanks!! smile

I do apologize for the term "agenda" that seems to have an evil overtone instead I should have said "personal bias" because that describes the topic moreso because everyone has them.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 07:02 PM
Got it. If we don't agree w/your take, we have an agenda or a "personal bias."

Farewell.
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 07:16 PM
hi just want to say i live in jackson hole and did not fine what you said offensive in any way
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 07:18 PM
Got it. If we don't agree w/your take, we have an agenda or a "personal bias."

Farewell.

Posted By: Wyo1975 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 07:25 PM
Haha If that is what you got out of that then so be it BUT I am fairly sure you know and understand exactly what I said. BTW what does "farewell" mean? Does that mean because I don't agree with your take I am being ignored from now on? HAHA wow if so.
Posted By: Wyo1975 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 07:27 PM
Should I also throw a fit because you are implying I am a jackass? Kinda proves my point doesn't it?
Posted By: Wyo1975 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 07:32 PM
Jackson Hole is a pretty part of the state at least we have scenery to look at unlike most of the others around these parts.
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 07:36 PM
Also the best fishing in the world have had many a happy day on the crazy woman river.

That said I really like this draft.
Posted By: Wyo1975 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 07:42 PM
I haven't gotten to fishing yet in my life. I am still trying to get my kids grown up and out the door with their busy schedules to actually rest and relax. One of my boys is currently in Yellowstone for school this weekend.

I am excited to get to the preseason to see how we look with our last 2 drafts. The addition of Williams as DC wants to see just how dynamic we look this year with the major focus on defense last couple years especially on the line.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 08:16 PM
Quotes to know from all 10 Browns draft picks - 5/12

DB Jabrill Peppers:

On his response to recent comments by someone questioning his explanation of the dilute sample during the Combine and stating he was using illegal substances:

“People are going to say whatever they want to say. This is my first time in Cleveland since they flew me out here. I do not know what she is talking about. I think people just say what they want to say to make stories. I do not really buy into that. I came here to play football and to get this great organization get back to promise so that is what I am going to do.”

On if it bothers him that the dilute sample places him into NFL processes and testing:

“They are just doing their due diligence. I was informed when it happened. I am not really bothered by it. It is what it is. I will just do what I have to do to get out and to be the best ball player I can be.”

On if he has been told how get out of the testing program:

“Just do what I have been doing and stay clean. There is nothing more than that.”

On if it is difficult to deal with public scrutiny before even having an opportunity to play in the NFL:

“That is just society. I have been pretty much in the spotlight since I got to Michigan so I am built for it. That is just society. Those who don’t like me use things like this to further their agenda and other people speculate. I can only control what I can control, and that is being the best ball player and best person I can be.”

On assuring people that he has never used the substances someone claimed he did:

“Absolutely not, never in my life [have I used those substances]. Whatever drugs she says I have done, I have never done in my life.”

On what he needs to stress early in his career:

“Just to gel with the team, learn from the veterans and follow their lead. It is a new world order, a new attitude and I am just going to follow suit.”

On what mark the 2017 Rookie Class will make on the Browns:

“We are not worried about the kind of mark. Everyone pretty much knows what we have to do and that is just come in here and learn, be the best people we can be, be coachable and contribute to the team in every way we can, whether it is on offense, defense or special teams.”

On if he has received clarity as to if he will play multiple positions:

“Not right now. Nothing is set in stone for anybody. You have to come in and compete and earn your spot every day. That is what I intend to do.”

On if his entry into the NFL occurs as at ideal time with the rise of hybrid players at the professional and college levels:

“I was asked to do a lot when I was in college, and that is what I did. I am a team guy. Whatever I can do to help my team win, that is what I am going to do. I am not worried about being a hybrid. I know what position I play – hybrid] is what the media says I am – but at the end of the day, I am just a guy who you can plug wherever you see fit and I am going to give the best effort I can give and try to affect the game someway, somehow.”
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 08:38 PM
I would like to back up one sec...

My understanding is that holding out on signing a contract and not signing the participation agreement are two totally different things. You can sign the participation agreement (thereby making you eligible for drug tests) and still hold out on signing a contract (Bosa last year).

If that's the case, then this is very unusual... and I'm worried about picking this guy. The last thing we need with a guy that may or may not fit a position is that same guy turning out to have Josh Gordon Syndrome. Him having a dilute sample at the combine or "forgetting" to sign a super routine document that everyone else signs without issue (other than the guy that had PED problems before and after being drafted(Merriman)), starts painting a bad picture. Either of those things happening, on their own, isn't enough to start suspecting anything (could be a coincidence). More than one weird occurence should cause suspicion.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 11:31 PM
Jabrill Peppers says signing form late unrelated to drug testing: 'I don't know why you think of me like that'

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/jabrill_peppers_signing_form_l.html

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns safety Jabrill Peppers said Saturday that not signing his participation agreement on Friday and missing the first day of rookie camp had nothing to do with avoiding a drug test.

"I don't know why you think of me like that, but everyone is entitled to an opinion,'' he said at the podium before practice. "What you think of me is no skin off my teeth. I'm not worried about anything but being the best football player and person I can be."

Profootballtalk.com had speculated that perhaps Peppers didn't sign the agreement right away to avoid being tested by the NFL. He's in Stage One of the drug program because of his dilute sample at the NFL Combine, and subject to random testing once he signs the participation agreement or his rookie contract.

"No. No, I am not worried about that,'' he said. "Stop asking questions about that."

On Wednesday, former ESPN Cleveland Contributor Sabrina Parr, who was let go by the station that night, said on the air that Peppers on "the Lean and the Molly,'' two popular illegal recreational drugs.

On Friday, Peppers denied the allegations.

Peppers: 'I've never done' those drugs 'in my life'

He maintained that his dilute sample came from overhydrating before his combine workout to avoid cramping. A hybrid player, he ran first among linebackers and safeties.

"I mean, people can say whatever they want to say,'' he said. "I just think people want to say what they say to make stories. I can't do anything about that. I came here to play football and help this great organization get back to prominence."

Peppers attributed not signing the agreement, a rarity in the NFL, to "just some things with paperwork. In light of my excitement, I forgot there is also a business aspect. Fortunately, we were able to get it handled today, and I get to be out there with the guys."

He acknowledged that coach Hue Jackson urged him to sign the form and get on the field.

"He stressed that to me (Friday),'' said Peppers. "I stressed my want to be out there, but we both understood it's a business, too. You do hire an agent for a reason for things like that. It sucks, but at the end of the day, this is my profession now, so some things come with the job."

He also said he told his agents, who had advised him not to sign the paper according to the Browns, how imperative it was for him to practice the final two days of rookie camp.

"Absolutely,'' he said. "I definitely think that was part of the reason they got it squared away for me today. You pay them for a reason for things like that. They handle the business aspect of it. I just try to perform my best on the field."

Peppers said fear of injury wasn't the reason he sat out Friday.

"There are no concerns,'' he said. "Whatever God's plan is for each and every one of us, that is His plan. You just have to go 110 miles per hour every snap, every play. Injuries don't happen when you play 100 miles per hour. That is what I was taught."

To keep pace, he watched film of Friday's practice alone and with teammates.

"It was the first day. There were a lot of hiccups, a lot of mistakes but that's expected,'' he said. "What's expected is to minimize those mistakes and not make the same ones, but if you make new ones, make them 100 miles per hour. I think we are all doing a good job of processing the defense and understanding what (defensive coordinator) Coach (Gregg Williams) wants us to do. That is what I am going to try to do today."

As for starting week one, he said, "you can't really worry about things too far ahead. I have to come out here and prove myself today, prove myself tomorrow and prove myself throughout the weeks to come. I'm definitely going to make my case, but I'm just going through the due process. I'm about the team. I'm a competitor.

"At the end of the day, they want the best 11 guys out on the field. If I'm one of them, I'm one of them. If not, I'm not. I can contribute to the team in other ways."
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 11:42 PM
Quote:
"I mean, people can say whatever they want to say,'' he said. "I just think people want to say what they say to make stories. I can't do anything about that. I came here to play football and help this great organization get back to prominence."

Well said young man.. The coaches are excited about him and so am I.. Can't wait to see a bad ass defense out on the field.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 11:48 PM
Tanks Vambo
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/13/17 11:57 PM
Agreed. JP is saying all the right things. Let's hope he means them and backs it up with good play. I for one am in his corner and wish him the best as I do all our players.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 12:26 AM
Quote:
JP is saying all the right things.

Personally, I wish he would have admitted that he made a mistake, learned from it, and vowed to never have it happen again.

I've listened to Gordon and Manziel make excuses for their issues and then they just turn right around and do more dumb things. On the other hand, Crow made a mistake. He apologized and actually went out of his way to make amends w/those he offended. That tole me he really got it.

Now, there is no one that Peppers has to make amends with, but I do wish he would have owned up for his mistake instead of deflecting things and putting the emphasis on other people.

Not asking you to agree and I am NOT belittling your viewpoint. I am simply expressing my opinion.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 01:50 AM
Quote:
Now, there is no one that Peppers has to make amends with, but I do wish he would have owned up for his mistake instead of deflecting things and putting the emphasis on other people.

As of now the only proof of any mistake is that he over hydrated. It is known that he has a tendency to cramp, which would be a reason to hydrate more often.

Here's a little bit of an article of a lady who does Athletes pee tests...

"We always try to get there at 5:30 a.m. and start at 6," says Binkley, a 34-year-old mother of two boys who is eight months pregnant with a third son. "You want the first urine of the morning."

That's because early-morning samples tend to be most concentrated. If a specimen is too diluted, it can't be tested.

"Just drink normally, do not over-hydrate," Binkley says. "Some kids will drink a gallon of water, and that's not the thing to do."

Binkley does an initial concentration test on the specimen, and when it's too diluted that can signal the start of a long day.

Her lengthiest ordeal was with an athlete at Southeast Missouri State who needed seven hours before producing a concentrated sample.

To get rid of excess hydration, Binkley will tell the athlete to get on a stationary bike or elliptical trainer.

"By that time, they're really hating me," she says.

Other tricks of the trade are sending the athlete outside to run in the cold air, doing jumping jacks or having the students lie down and raise their feet.

Binkley's tips for people who know they're going to be tested: Have a greasy breakfast with bacon or sausage, drink a normal serving of orange juice or munch Nutri-grain bars.

Also, remember not to make that usual trip to the bathroom in the morning.

"We tell them to tape their toilet shut, put a sign on it that says 'Do not pee,' whatever they have to do to remember not to go," Binkley says.

pee test

It's even mentioned just one glass of OJ can be enough to dilute. Seems it may be easy to have an honest diluted test. I had it happen to me. The lady doing the test got crappy with me.. It was 2:30 in the afternoon.

I told her " do you work out in the heat like I do ?..I drink lots of water to keep from dehydrating "
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 02:01 AM
I respectfully disagree w/your facts. I believe you are basing your facts off of what Peppers and his "source" have told the media. I have not seen an official release from the NFL. If there is one, I will gladly apologize.

I know of one fact. Peppers is in Stage 1 of the Drug program.
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 02:31 AM
I respectfully disagree w/your facts. I believe you are basing your facts off of what Peppers and his "source" have told the media. I have not seen an official release from the NFL. If there is one, I will gladly apologize.

I know of one fact. Peppers is in Stage 1 of the Drug program.

Been on a few different pages and stated on NFL network that it was for a diluted sample same as the kid from Bama. He failed cause of a diluted sample now why it was diluted well that's open for interpretation. Training really hard or sick are always the 2 biggest excuses neither of which are likely ever truthful. I mean its not like they wait until 2pm to test u at the combines. they wake u up at like 4 or 5 and u go pee. If your sample is diluted at that point, u probably been trying to thin your sample as much as possible.
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 03:13 AM
peppers to me looks like a more athletic version of ward.
second year starters will probably make the most impact because they have 14 months in the system.
I look for Coleman and Ogbah to play with more pace and or speed.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 04:38 AM
Quote:
JP is saying all the right things.

Personally, I wish he would have admitted that he made a mistake, learned from it, and vowed to never have it happen again.

I've listened to Gordon and Manziel make excuses for their issues and then they just turn right around and do more dumb things. On the other hand, Crow made a mistake. He apologized and actually went out of his way to make amends w/those he offended. That tole me he really got it.

Not asking you to agree and I am NOT belittling your viewpoint. I am simply expressing my opinion.

What mistake do u need him to admit to? Drinking too much water? Or doing drugs?

I totally relate to thinking back to manziel when I hear JP. Saying the right things means Jack chit. That said, think it would be hard for him to admit to doing drugs ..... If he didn't then he can't admit anything. If he did, other than making u feel better I don't see a single benefit.

I'm much more wary about this pick than I was a week ago. Ugh
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 07:41 AM
Well, I am glad that Peppers, evidently, passed his pee test, and reported for the 2nd dat of rookie camp.

I hope he becomes what some here think he can. If nothing else, he sure should help on special teams.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 11:03 AM
Well, I am glad that Peppers, evidently, passed his pee test, and reported for the 2nd dat of rookie camp.

I hope he becomes what some here think he can. If nothing else, he sure should help on special teams.

In a perfect world, this is something we'll forget mid-season or just not care about (due to his performance on the field.)

"Perfect world"
Posted By: King Of Kings Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 03:19 PM
Art Briles
Cheater Greg Williams
Josh Gordon
Crowell
The loser they just drafted that hit a woman
Jabril Peppers....

Sadly it is a recurring theme with Sashi and Hue Jackson that low character degenerates are acceptable and high character winners aren't welcome around the Browns.

It is sad how Paul Browns namesake is being treated.
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 03:33 PM
Originally Posted By: King Of Kings
Art Briles
Cheater Greg Williams
Josh Gordon
Crowell
The loser they just drafted that hit a woman
Jabril Peppers....

Sadly it is a recurring theme with Sashi and Hue Jackson that low character degenerates are acceptable and high character winners aren't welcome around the Browns.

It is sad how Paul Browns namesake is being treated.

No. 1 There's no proof he hit anybody, just a gold digger trying to collect some moneyNo.2 Peppers is innocent until he's proven guilty

Where do you come off slamming the Browns? Sashi has already stated that anyone that gets out of line will be gone. Everybody that we have drafted has not be shown to be guilty of anything at all. It's all media bs at this point. I have an idea.....If it bothers you that much, maybe you should just step back for awhile and let it be.

edit: Briles was not here long after more things started to come out. Williams is NOT a cheater. He has served his time and learned his lesson and is always looking for a way to be better, the same as any other DC or OC for that matter.

Posted By: King Of Kings Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 05:44 PM
Where do I get off? Where do THEY get off.

Art Briles covered up multiple rapes. This was well known LONGE BEFORE he was handed a personal invite by Hue Jackson.

Greg William isn't "just a DC trying to improve his teams." Give me a break. The guy IS a cheater who paid players on his own teams as well as other players in the NFL to harm offensive players and headhunt. That is called playing dirty and CHEATING to gain an upper hand. He is a lowlife scumbag, just like Art Briles. Just like....

Racist dirtbag Crowell posting photos of White cops being lynched. Just like...

Josh "Man of 75 chances" Gordon who Sashi says the Browns aren't in a position to cut despite spending 3 years suspended. Just like...

The apparent choirboy you're trying to bestow Sainthood on who beat the crap out of some girl. What a guy, what a champ.

Or Jabril Peppers, who gave a chick STD's, failed a drug test and stalled on signing paperwork to start his career in Stage 1 of the drug protocol until he could clear a urine test. I know, poor Peppers. It's all some Alex Jones conspiracy to hold the kid back. Let me guess, cause he's going to be THAT good that the entire World wants to hold him back, right? Please.

It is a pattern of behavior by Peppers just as it is a pattern of behavior that Sashi and Hue are treating this team like the Bengals and filling it with the losers and dregs of humanity.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 09:40 PM
Posted By: hitt Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 11:22 PM
JMHO, whatever happened, happened- just hope he stays clean for 90 days and gets out of Stage One. Time will tell IF he's clean and wants to contribute as a Brown.....I hope the FO did enough background to justify taking him in first round- again, time will tell....GO Browns!!!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 11:32 PM
Seems like a reasonable approach.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/14/17 11:38 PM
I'm glad he signed the participation thing, so we are moving forward. As was said, keep clean for 90 days and this is all behind him. Spent a first round pick on him so it's now up to him to prove it was a good move.

He is a Brown, he's one of "my guys," ... until he isn't.

The kids want to get to a game this year and we are thinking of opening day. I would love, absolutely love, to see Bell take the hand-off, do that hesitation thing he does, pick a hole that looks open, just to have Peppers meet him in the hole at the LOS and knock him on his behind. Set the tone for the game.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 12:08 AM
You do know that the original police report from that night had Caleb Brantley listed as the victim, right? And that they have sworn affadavits from the bouncer and the club manager that he never hit her, right? And that her lawyers have accused the police of falsifying the report, right?

Do a little research before you post.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
You do know that the original police report from that night had Caleb Brantley listed as the victim, right? And that they have sworn affadavits from the bouncer and the club manager that he never hit her, right? And that her lawyers have accused the police of falsifying the report, right?

Do a little research before you post.

Let's not let facts get in the way of extreme speculation.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 12:13 AM
Guys no one is impressed with your ability to be patient and take life one day at a time. You fence sitters need to make a hot take right now. So get ready to call Jabrill a saint or drug addict and don't even think about defending Caleb Brantley, because well, you know.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 12:31 AM
A drug addict with the heart of a saint? Sounds like a Lifetime Channel Orignal movie.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 02:18 AM
Guys no one is impressed with your ability to be patient and take life one day at a time. You fence sitters need to make a hot take right now. So get ready to call Jabrill a saint or drug addict and don't even think about defending Caleb Brantley, because well, you know.

Where do you come up w/this stuff?

Would you care to make a chart and put the comments of posters in to the categories you are talking about?

I get it. You love you some Peppers...........and now you feel the need to make fun of anyone who doesn't anoint him as a future HOFer.

Some of us actually like to keep an open mind.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 11:54 AM
Well, Peppers was on the field and Hue Jacksons face lighted up with asked about him.

If it's fact that he needed to be tested again after he signed his agreement, and he was on the field, then I suspect he passed his drug test.

ALL speculation to the contrary should be over and done with.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 11:54 AM

Would you care to make a chart and put the comments of posters in to the categories you are talking about?

rofl rofl rofl

Quote:
Some of us actually like to keep an open mind.

Surely you meant to use purple font there? In recent days you have accused Peppers of taking drugs when there is no evidence or history to support that. Only agenda.

The best part is that CHSDawg was being sarcastic...but your kind of "open mind" completely missed it. My sides hurt.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 12:25 PM
Well, Peppers was on the field and Hue Jacksons face lighted up with asked about him.

If it's fact that he needed to be tested again after he signed his agreement, and he was on the field, then I suspect he passed his drug test.

I don't think results come that quick....... The actual testing of the urine is probably all done through labs and stuff like that with procedures and all kinds of lawyer stuff. Procedures and lawyers are also done with the collection, which is probably on site. They don't test with a Walgreens Take-Home-Kit. We have no clue if he passed his test or not I bet.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 12:48 PM

I don't think results come that quick....... The actual testing of the urine is probably all done through labs and stuff like that with procedures and all kinds of lawyer stuff. Procedures and lawyers are also done with the collection, which is probably on site. They don't test with a Walgreens Take-Home-Kit. We have no clue if he passed his test or not I bet.

You would be surprised just how quickly they can get results if they want them.

I can and have gotten same day results on guys that I test for Drugs. It costs me a little more but if I need it to get a guy on the job, I pay it.
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 01:12 PM
With all the tests they have now-a-days, wouldn't surprise me if they could have a result with-in an hour. Think about that. I've had test done that used to take 2-3 days on a scan, and now they post on a web site 3-4 hours later.
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 01:17 PM
This thread is amazing... rofl

His only offense is that he had a diluted sample. This was leaked or its allowed as we got wind of two players including Peppers who had diluted samples right before the draft.

There is no confirmation of ANY DRUGS in the system just not enough for a definite offense to the drug policy as in Diluted THC. No mention or speculation of that occurring.

But my goodness this guy is being scrutinized here MORE THAN GORDAN was in any of his Failures of the Drug Abuse Program.

Even this Participation Agreement (which I assume has Insurance policies as well???) He did not sign it for ONE DAY of practice he was there the 2nd day. From what I read it was his agents that were holding up this process.

All this HE IS DIRTY conspiracy is without any evidence. Just Curious...has he EVER had remotely any connection with Drugs or PED's from college? Anything...usually these guys have a history or at least some allegations prior to coming here and failing not a Drug test but failing via the amount of Water found in his URINE.

As Joe Thomas came to his rescue and stated he has been found with Diluted samples but the way the NFL handles that is they give him a couple of days to re-take the test. Probably find a heck of a lot of Protein in that 2nd sample.

But just what has this kid done??? Yeah he is on Stage ONE which is to be a secret but this was let out prior to the draft as the news goes to all teams of the NFL...one or more leaked it out to the News Hounds with connections.

I see no wrong that has been done...I see nothing FISHY. I can't believe the Witch Hunt going on here...again worse than Anything I've seen on Gordon.

If he fails another. If any reports come out that there were slight traces of THC or other drugs but not enough to be considered an out right abuse due to the diluted sample? Then I can see this outrage...to doubt of him being clean...

I find it rather amazing. I wonder sometimes if we took the House favorite Malik Hooker and he came up with the diluted sample we would be having the same convo here. I know some will take that the wrong way...but think about it. Be true would the responses be the same? I think not.

jmho
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 01:19 PM
Quote:

I agree w/that part. wink
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 01:21 PM
At least you are consistent as you have been AMAZED at the lack of damnation for Gordon's offenses in the past.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 01:26 PM
I better expound on my feelings about this situation, because there is a certain poster speaking for me.

I have no idea if he has done drugs in the past or not. It seemed pretty damning when he didn't sign the participation agreement and I think I said "I am getting bad vibes" about the dude. However, he signed the next day so that is a very positive thing in my mind.

I do wish he would have just said something like: I made a mistake at the Combine and I have learned from it and I promise that nothing like this will ever happen again.

That's just my opinion and I didn't like all the deflection.

The bottom line for me is this: I hope that he doesn't do anything to move into Stage 2 and this all goes away.

I just don't think my position is as unreasonable as one poster is making it out to be.
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 01:27 PM
Let Me first say I agree EO. I don't care for the guy but since he's a Brown now I will support him. Might even buy his jersey.
BUT.....Once bitten Twice Shy wink
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 01:29 PM
At least you are consistent as you have been AMAZED at the lack of damnation for Gordon's offenses in the past.

Vers certainly has been vocal about that. lol

But that's something else and there's a decent explanation as to why we give Gordon such a break.

We've been snake bitten by Gordon but can't let him go. Peppers we're a little more nervous about (because of how Gordon hurt us). It's like we're in an abusive relationship
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 01:30 PM
I agree,, Jumping to conclusions around here is like a job.

Some folks "gotta make the donuts" LOL
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 03:09 PM
It's like we're in an abusive relationship

Browns fans in an abusive relationship? Never tongue
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 03:43 PM

His only offense is that he had a diluted sample. This was leaked or its allowed as we got wind of two players including Peppers who had diluted samples right before the draft.

"Leaked". LOL. Didn't seem intentional, eo, but that was funny.

I imagine that it was the two players who got the word out. They both automatically are in stage one due to the dilute sample (which counts as a fail. We know it was a dilute sample, what we do not know is exactly why those two guys over-hydrated. Face it, only two guys out of how many at the combine? It is not as common as some like to state).

Anyway - if it gets out that they are in stage one, then that raises questions. It is better, I think, if the guys just came out and said that they got dinged for a dilute sample. Get ahead of the news that they are in stage one.

If the news of stage one comes out before anyone hears about the reasons behind it, it is not the same perception.

Just speculating.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 03:47 PM
Quote:
I imagine that it was the two players who got the word out. They both automatically are in stage one due to the dilute sample (which counts as a fail. We know it was a dilute sample, what we do not know is exactly why those two guys over-hydrated. Face it, only two guys out of how many at the combine? It is not as common as some like to state).

How do we know it's a dilute sample? Especially if they're the ones who leaked the story?
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 03:52 PM
Quote:

I can and have gotten same day results on guys that I test for Drugs. It costs me a little more but if I need it to get a guy on the job, I pay it.

But are your tests taken on-site or at a lab (like at a Quest Diagnostics facility)

At least with my work, they're taken on-site, and then they are sent out for testing. Maybe there's a lab close enough that they don't have to be sent, but they at least need to be dropped off.

Plus it's a bunch of guys. Although, who knows, if it's just Jabril, maybe it's no big deal.

But for example with a UFC fight, sometimes results come back after the fights happened (for tests that were taken before), maybe because it's not drugs and it's for steroids, etc
Posted By: Wyo1975 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 04:59 PM
Well that's the thing really we don't know exactly how and what they are testing completely. My understanding as a guy who has taken plenty and have had to be the guy who takes employees to get tested this is how it is done for us....

We use a local doctor's office and we pull in x amount of employees and we travel on down. Now for us we just use a basic 9 screen UA designed for basic illegal drugs mj/amphetamines/opiates etc etc you get the idea. They each go in fill their cups and generally before they walk out of the room they know if they have passed or its a non pass due to dilution or just hot. They are given a paper and it is delivered to me waiting in the lobby then we go from there. You either get a long drive back to work knowing you are guilty and on your way home or you are annoyed you wasted the morning for nothing but still being paid for taking the dumb test.

I suspect being it is the NFL they probably do a 9 screen and a 12 screen to get what they need immediatley and to get a bigger spectrum which can take a few days. The idea that these tests for urine can take them days when the combine is over a weekend wouldn't make too much sense imo because these teams and the NFL want to know now thru physical and interviewing process's....
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 05:14 PM
Quote:

How do we know it's a dilute sample? Especially if they're the ones who leaked the story?

Petey - excellent point. We don't know.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 05:17 PM
Quote:
They each go in fill their cups and generally before they walk out of the room they know if they have passed or its a non pass due to dilution or just hot.

I'm confused. So..... Just from peeing you can tell if the person passes or not. I don't think so........ There's a temperature thing on the cup to make sure the pee is the correct temperature, but beyond that, they can't actually test the pee without examining it with something.

The way i've always done it (and I've taken many drug tests), you pee in the cup, they check the temperature, fill up two separate tubes. The tubes are sealed and tape is put over the two tubes to maintain the integrity of the seal. Then, you initial and date both tubes (to prove that these are the tubes of pee that you took). If one tube fails, they test the other to make sure that it's a match. After both fail, it's verified and that's a failed test.

How would they even be able to measure dilution in a cup? Based on how yellow your pee is? That's just up to someone's eye, not to any scientific anything.

Even with a Walmart Take-Home THC Test, it takes like five or ten minutes of the testing strip stick being in the cup before you can have an answer.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but i've taken plenty drug tests, and that has generally been the procedure at all of them. The piece of paper you get really is just a receipt saying that you took the test
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 05:17 PM
Quote:

Petey - excellent point. We don't know.

How do we know the players leaked the story?
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 05:19 PM
How do we know the players leaked the story?

No clue who leaked it. Just know that Peppers is answering it as if the diluted story is the truth.

For all we know, he might have failed for crack. Just gotta have faith in the FO to make the best decisions
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 05:46 PM
Quote:

But are your tests taken on-site or at a lab (like at a Quest Diagnostics facility)

At least with my work, they're taken on-site, and then they are sent out for testing. Maybe there's a lab close enough that they don't have to be sent, but they at least need to be dropped off.

Plus it's a bunch of guys. Although, who knows, if it's just Jabril, maybe it's no big deal.

But for example with a UFC fight, sometimes results come back after the fights happened (for tests that were taken before), maybe because it's not drugs and it's for steroids, etc

Really doesn't matter at all. Lab or onsite and delivered to a lab, just doesn't matter. My guess is that there is a Quest facility near berea.. In fact I know there is. And further, there are several such labs within a couple of miles of Berea.

Wouldn't surprise me if a Quest (or some other companies) tech comes on site in Berea to take tests and then run them over to the lab.

You are looking for reasons to assume that they can't do the test and get the results back quickly. Or at least it feels that way.

But how do you know that the reason he didn't sign the agreement the day before is because they hadn't gotten the results back yet?

More importantly, how do you think they did that with all the rookies coming in.

I assure you, it's not only possible, it's actually probable.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 06:05 PM
Quote:
You are looking for reasons to assume that they can't do the test and get the results back quickly. Or at least it feels that way.

But how do you know that the reason he didn't sign the agreement the day before is because they hadn't gotten the results back yet?

More importantly, how do you think they did that with all the rookies coming in.

This is a possibility. That he didn't sign the agreement because they hadn't received results. Maybe the club wouldn't offer that agreement until he proved he could test clean

I guess we're just arguing semantics or whatever. Let's just hope that there is no issues with Peppers
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 09:37 PM
We know it was a dilute sample, what we do not know is exactly why those two guys over-hydrated.

Cap I don't know why the Bama LB over hydrated.

But what I do know about Peppers is that he has had problems getting cramps. Don't know and don't really care about the not feeling good after the flight. But also he was going to work out with both DBs and LBs so double duty at the combine...So he drank a lot of water.

It would be different if they found some substance in the sample but cause of dilution not clear. I don't know how that can be found but for some reason all this little info somehow gets out about the details now a days...Don't understand the "LEAK" reference being funny...does it have anything to do with Vambo's Avitar? lol
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 10:27 PM
we can test employees on the spot with the saliva stick, if they test positive they are sent for more in depth testing... guess they cant do that in the NFL
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 10:54 PM
They're tested on weigh in day during the day.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/15/17 11:28 PM
Quote:
But what I do know about Peppers is that he has had problems getting cramps.

Do we really know that? Or, is that what Peppers and his "source" told the media after he was placed in Stage One?

I'm sorry, but Sashi's comments about being careful about what he puts into his body does not mesh w/too much water.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 12:26 AM
I take that Sashi comment as generic. but also perhaps sending a message to peppers, other rookies or any player: be careful with your body and what you put in it. I could be wrong but that was my initial take.
Hopefully there are no more issues with jabrill.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I take that Sashi comment as generic. but also perhaps sending a message to peppers, other rookies or any player: be careful with your body and what you put in it. I could be wrong but that was my initial take.
Hopefully there are no more issues with jabrill.
Agreed.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 12:44 AM
I don't know, bro. This doesn't sound "generic" to me. It sounds to me as he is directly speaking about the Peppers' situation. Look at it again:

Quote:
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 12:52 AM
Quote:
Quote:
But what I do know about Peppers is that he has had problems getting cramps.

Do we really know that? Or, is that what Peppers and his "source" told the media after he was placed in Stage One?

H.S. football: Paramus Catholic's Jabrill Peppers trying to overcome muscle cramping

PARAMUS – Read the recruiting reviews and watch the highlight videos of Paramus Catholic senior Jabrill Peppers and you’ll likely come away thinking he’s an unstoppable force of nature so powerful he could run through an entire defense.

But for every Superman there is a Kryptonite.

"Yeah, the cramping," Peppers lamented. "I’m going to have to figure that out."

That comment by the No. 2-rated football recruit in the nation bound for Michigan came following Paramus Catholic’s season-opening win against Gilman (Md.).

Yet there he was six weeks later hobbling to the Paladins’ sideline, his right calf in a knot, his team trailing Don Bosco by seven points with less than two minutes remaining, facing fourth-and-10 on the Ironmen 30. All Peppers could do was stretch his legs on the sideline and watch as the ensuing pass was intercepted and the Paladins ultimately lost their first game of the season.

Peppers’ cramping has become a recurring issue for him and Paramus Catholic. He missed time in four of the first six games because of cramps and usually had to come out on multiple occasions in those games.

"Obviously it affects you when your top guy can’t be in the game or is limping around," Paramus Catholic coach Chris Partridge said. "But we couldn’t worry about it. We had to call plays around it."

Peppers had blood work done to diagnose why he was suffering from recurring cramps and determine what vitamins his body was lacking. He started taking B-Complex and D vitamins. He’s been drinking coconut water. He’s on a new carbohydrate-heavy diet.

In the past two games, he hasn’t left the game because of cramps.

"I wasn’t fueling my body right," Peppers said. "I knew that. But it’s kind of hard to say no to a McDonald’s burger."

The change in diet and decrease in cramps doesn’t surprise Dr. Jordan Metzl, a nationally known sports medicine doctor at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan.

"In athletes who play sports like [Peppers], cramping is more commonly a nutritional issue," said Metzl, who has never treated Peppers. "If this has been a consistent problem, my guess is he’s losing too much salt. When you lose too much salt, the muscle goes into spasm."

Peppers agrees on the nutritional side, though he has an additional theory on what’s contributing to it.

"I practice hard all week long and I’m fine, no cramps," he said. "But game day, I don’t know, I think I get my mind and my body so worked up and I exhaust a lot of energy in the pregame."

The next challenge is Saturday at Bergen Catholic (1 p.m.) as the Paladins try to balance how much to use their multitalented superstar early so he doesn’t cramp late.

"It’s been very frustrating," Peppers said. "It hurts my team. That’s the most important thing. They count on me a lot in tough situations. For me not to be able to perform in those clutch situations because of these cramps, that’s what I think hurts the most."

From a tactical standpoint, it has hurt Paramus Catholic, too. Like a young baseball ace on a pitch count, Paramus Catholic’s coaches have limited Peppers’ touches on offense to keep the dynamic cornerback/safety/running back/wide receiver/quarterback fresh as long as they can.

Through eight games last year, Peppers had 93 carries for 891 yards and 12 TDs. He finished with 172 carries for 1,552 yards and 18 TDs, earning The Record offensive Player of the Year honor. Through eight games this year he has 66 carries for 527 yards and three TDs.

"I definitely think what I’m doing now for the cramps is helping," he said. "Once we get this figured out, it’s going to be up from here."

Where nothing can stop him, not even Kryptonite.

[url=H.S. football: Paramus Catholic's Jabrill Peppers trying to overcome muscle cramping]Cramps[/url]

Posted By: lampdogg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 12:54 AM
Yeah, I see what you're saying, but part of that IMO is Sashi responding to the peppers situation, which he had to do because that's the crux of the situation, but I also don't necessarily think Sashi was admitting his athlete was guilt of intentionally masking. In my opinion - lord knows I could be wrong - He was sending a message: be careful, smart and don't mess up.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:00 AM
Seems he has a history of cramps going back to HS
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:17 AM
Thanks for the article. Nice find
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:27 AM
We know it was a dilute sample, what we do not know is exactly why those two guys over-hydrated.
.Don't understand the "LEAK" reference being funny...does it have anything to do with Vambo's Avitar? lol

We're talking about diluted pee tests, I found the use of the word "leak" amusing. Lack of sleep contributes as well
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:29 AM

I'm sorry, but Sashi's comments about being careful about what he puts into his body does not mesh w/too much water.
From this article, dated 4/24/17 (before the draft); "The NFL has notified teams that Michigan's Jabrill Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the scouting combine, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter."

The news was announced by the NFL, not leaked by Peppers or his agents. There has never been any evidence that he tested positive for drugs. A diluted sample is treated by the NFL as a positive.

The source was for Peppers explanation, which makes sense to me. If you have chosen not to believe, that's your prerogative. I am inclined to consider him innocent until proven guilty. And so far, there is no evidence that he tested positive for drugs.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:33 AM
I was talking about the cramping, but thanks for questioning whether I am objective or not. It's always appreciated when I express an opinion and someone questions my motivation.

Thanks again.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:35 AM
Thank you .. Just trying to find some facts. I'm excited to have him on the team.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:37 AM
Yeah, I appreciate you taking the time to find that article. I take back my statement whether or not we know or not. We do know, thanks to your research.

Thanks again for providing facts to alter my opinion rather than insults. thumbsup

Oh, and there is NO sarcasm in this post. I meant every word of it.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:41 AM
The sentence I highlighted looked like you might have the timeline confused. I wasn't questioning your ability to be objective. Everyone has opinions, mine is different from yours.
Posted By: JPPT1974 Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:44 AM
Yeah as it is about agreeing to disagreeing on opinions. But look forward to this kid thriving in the league.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:50 AM
Sure
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 04:05 AM
I don't know why people think that the sports media would only have one source when it comes to things like drug tests. Just because the NFL can't tell why someone failed a drug test, doesn't mean people within the NFL can't tell under the guise of anonymity. I know the media is crap, but reporters are still competing with each other to break real stories first. No one is just going to post a story because they talked to an agent. They're going to make sure that the story is correct so at least their own ass is safe.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 12:12 PM
Quote:

This is a possibility. That he didn't sign the agreement because they hadn't received results. Maybe the club wouldn't offer that agreement until he proved he could test clean

I guess we're just arguing semantics or whatever. Let's just hope that there is no issues with Peppers

Petey, I'm with you 100% on the hope there is nothing to this.

given that he's never been a problem on or off the field, if I were a betting man, I'd go with he's clean and will stay that way.

Now, Can he play? LOL Let's hope so.
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 12:59 PM
It was stated as a fact in an article I read from a reputable news place. No mention of quotes from Peppers just a recant of rookie reports for the draft from what I got from it.

The only thing I read from Peppers is that he was feeling a little sick after his Air ride coming to the Combine and he drank more than normal. That is the Peppers spin if any...the cramp thing was from a none bias reporter.

jmhrecollection
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 01:02 PM
You were right. Diesel posted an article about he was cramping in high school.

I hadn't heard about that. My bad.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 03:00 PM
j/c

At this point, I'm willing to believe him when he says he's never done drugs. I have no reason to believe otherwise. He can be removed from Stage One in as little as 90 days, should everything go well. We should have our answer shortly after, I would think.
Posted By: eotab Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 08:28 PM
Did you check behind his back if his fingers were crossed? nanner
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/16/17 10:06 PM

He has had problems with cramping since High School, HOWEVER only time is going to tell if we need to worry or not.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/17/17 11:54 AM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

He has had problems with cramping since High School, HOWEVER only time is going to tell if we need to worry or not.

Of course, but again, never an issue prior to this incident. Not one reported. My guess is this is much ado about nothing.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/17/17 12:42 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Of course, but again, never an issue prior to this incident. Not one reported. My guess is this is much ado about nothing.

Spot on.

In the three weeks that he's been a Brown he has been subject to:

A Cleveland area reporter claiming he was probably high on draft day and does two different drugs with slang terms I cannot remember;

Fan message board hysteria that he didn't sign his participation agreement because we KNEW...we just KNEW...he would fail his drug test;

And additional calls for him to man up...admit his mistake...and stay/get clean.

It's like the poster child for battered Browns fan syndrome.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Peppers Begins in Stage One - 05/17/17 02:34 PM
Did you check behind his back if his fingers were crossed? nanner

Yes, and they weren't. thumbsup brownie
© DawgTalkers.net