Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
Legend
Legend
V
bleed.......I have no problem w/you supporting Peppers. I haven't got on your case for doing so. I just think we should keep it about the topic at hand and not throw words around like "agenda" when we don't agree w/the opposing view.

The board has been running much more smoothly lately and there has been far less bickering and personal attacks on posters. It's been more about the topics and I for one, find that enjoyable.

And to be very clear...........I have absolutely NO problem w/anyone who wants to defend Peppers.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
1. He’s back: Safety Jabrill Peppers was on the field for the first time after missing Day 1 because he was advised by agent Todd France to not sign the standard participation agreement. The unusual move by Peppers prompted speculation by Profootballtalk.com that perhaps Peppers was holding off to delay the inevitable drug test that comes upon signing the agreement and participating in minicamp. Peppers explained the delay as an oversight on his part to sign the agreement “in light of my excitement” of being at his first camp. When questions persisted about the appearance of having a diluted test at the NFL Combine followed by this delay, Peppers, for the first time, got a little impatient with the tone. “I don’t know why you guys think of me like that,” Peppers said. “Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. What you guys think of me is no skin off my teeth. I’m not worried about anything but being the best football player and the best person.” Asked if the speculation alone led to him getting on the field, Peppers chuckled derisively and said, “No, no. I’m not worried about that. Stop asking me questions about that.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland/post/...r-missing-day-1

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So I've been thinking, is it the agents responsibility to make Peppers aware and follows proper protocol in regards to drug tests? If the agent don't make sure Peppers is aware and follows protocol, wouldn't that be a fireable offense?

Or his agent told peppers the protocol, and peppers decided not to, for whatever reason.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Exactly whom did I belittle? Are you afraid that I listed the known facts of this issue then proceeded to lay out the generalized speculations being put forth attacking and dismissing this young man?

I am sorry if you didn't like hearing the fact that the tone in which some throw out speculation seems to be defended astho they are factual statements. That is not a personal attack on anyone. I realize this is a message board based primarily on opinions and not necessarily facts but don't you think recklessly speculating on a persons character is a bit much?

If you want to call me out in my posts at least reference the whole body of what I said. Thanks!! smile

I do apologize for the term "agenda" that seems to have an evil overtone instead I should have said "personal bias" because that describes the topic moreso because everyone has them.

Last edited by Wyo1975; 05/13/17 02:50 PM. Reason: clarify earlier statement
V
Legend
Legend
V
Got it. If we don't agree w/your take, we have an agenda or a "personal bias."

Farewell.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
hi just want to say i live in jackson hole and did not fine what you said offensive in any way

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Got it. If we don't agree w/your take, we have an agenda or a "personal bias."

Farewell.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Haha If that is what you got out of that then so be it BUT I am fairly sure you know and understand exactly what I said. BTW what does "farewell" mean? Does that mean because I don't agree with your take I am being ignored from now on? HAHA wow if so.

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Should I also throw a fit because you are implying I am a jackass? Kinda proves my point doesn't it?

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Jackson Hole is a pretty part of the state at least we have scenery to look at unlike most of the others around these parts.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Also the best fishing in the world have had many a happy day on the crazy woman river.

That said I really like this draft.

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
I haven't gotten to fishing yet in my life. I am still trying to get my kids grown up and out the door with their busy schedules to actually rest and relax. One of my boys is currently in Yellowstone for school this weekend.

I am excited to get to the preseason to see how we look with our last 2 drafts. The addition of Williams as DC wants to see just how dynamic we look this year with the major focus on defense last couple years especially on the line.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quotes to know from all 10 Browns draft picks - 5/12

DB Jabrill Peppers:

On his response to recent comments by someone questioning his explanation of the dilute sample during the Combine and stating he was using illegal substances:

“People are going to say whatever they want to say. This is my first time in Cleveland since they flew me out here. I do not know what she is talking about. I think people just say what they want to say to make stories. I do not really buy into that. I came here to play football and to get this great organization get back to promise so that is what I am going to do.”

On if it bothers him that the dilute sample places him into NFL processes and testing:

“They are just doing their due diligence. I was informed when it happened. I am not really bothered by it. It is what it is. I will just do what I have to do to get out and to be the best ball player I can be.”

On if he has been told how get out of the testing program:

“Just do what I have been doing and stay clean. There is nothing more than that.”

On if it is difficult to deal with public scrutiny before even having an opportunity to play in the NFL:

“That is just society. I have been pretty much in the spotlight since I got to Michigan so I am built for it. That is just society. Those who don’t like me use things like this to further their agenda and other people speculate. I can only control what I can control, and that is being the best ball player and best person I can be.”

On assuring people that he has never used the substances someone claimed he did:

“Absolutely not, never in my life [have I used those substances]. Whatever drugs she says I have done, I have never done in my life.”

On what he needs to stress early in his career:

“Just to gel with the team, learn from the veterans and follow their lead. It is a new world order, a new attitude and I am just going to follow suit.”

On what mark the 2017 Rookie Class will make on the Browns:

“We are not worried about the kind of mark. Everyone pretty much knows what we have to do and that is just come in here and learn, be the best people we can be, be coachable and contribute to the team in every way we can, whether it is on offense, defense or special teams.”

On if he has received clarity as to if he will play multiple positions:

“Not right now. Nothing is set in stone for anybody. You have to come in and compete and earn your spot every day. That is what I intend to do.”

On if his entry into the NFL occurs as at ideal time with the rise of hybrid players at the professional and college levels:

“I was asked to do a lot when I was in college, and that is what I did. I am a team guy. Whatever I can do to help my team win, that is what I am going to do. I am not worried about being a hybrid. I know what position I play – hybrid] is what the media says I am – but at the end of the day, I am just a guy who you can plug wherever you see fit and I am going to give the best effort I can give and try to affect the game someway, somehow.”

O
Legend
Legend
O
I would like to back up one sec...

My understanding is that holding out on signing a contract and not signing the participation agreement are two totally different things. You can sign the participation agreement (thereby making you eligible for drug tests) and still hold out on signing a contract (Bosa last year).

If that's the case, then this is very unusual... and I'm worried about picking this guy. The last thing we need with a guy that may or may not fit a position is that same guy turning out to have Josh Gordon Syndrome. Him having a dilute sample at the combine or "forgetting" to sign a super routine document that everyone else signs without issue (other than the guy that had PED problems before and after being drafted(Merriman)), starts painting a bad picture. Either of those things happening, on their own, isn't enough to start suspecting anything (could be a coincidence). More than one weird occurence should cause suspicion.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jabrill Peppers says signing form late unrelated to drug testing: 'I don't know why you think of me like that'

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/jabrill_peppers_signing_form_l.html

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns safety Jabrill Peppers said Saturday that not signing his participation agreement on Friday and missing the first day of rookie camp had nothing to do with avoiding a drug test.

"I don't know why you think of me like that, but everyone is entitled to an opinion,'' he said at the podium before practice. "What you think of me is no skin off my teeth. I'm not worried about anything but being the best football player and person I can be."

Profootballtalk.com had speculated that perhaps Peppers didn't sign the agreement right away to avoid being tested by the NFL. He's in Stage One of the drug program because of his dilute sample at the NFL Combine, and subject to random testing once he signs the participation agreement or his rookie contract.

"No. No, I am not worried about that,'' he said. "Stop asking questions about that."

On Wednesday, former ESPN Cleveland Contributor Sabrina Parr, who was let go by the station that night, said on the air that Peppers on "the Lean and the Molly,'' two popular illegal recreational drugs.

On Friday, Peppers denied the allegations.

Peppers: 'I've never done' those drugs 'in my life'

He maintained that his dilute sample came from overhydrating before his combine workout to avoid cramping. A hybrid player, he ran first among linebackers and safeties.

"I mean, people can say whatever they want to say,'' he said. "I just think people want to say what they say to make stories. I can't do anything about that. I came here to play football and help this great organization get back to prominence."

Peppers attributed not signing the agreement, a rarity in the NFL, to "just some things with paperwork. In light of my excitement, I forgot there is also a business aspect. Fortunately, we were able to get it handled today, and I get to be out there with the guys."

He acknowledged that coach Hue Jackson urged him to sign the form and get on the field.

"He stressed that to me (Friday),'' said Peppers. "I stressed my want to be out there, but we both understood it's a business, too. You do hire an agent for a reason for things like that. It sucks, but at the end of the day, this is my profession now, so some things come with the job."

He also said he told his agents, who had advised him not to sign the paper according to the Browns, how imperative it was for him to practice the final two days of rookie camp.

"Absolutely,'' he said. "I definitely think that was part of the reason they got it squared away for me today. You pay them for a reason for things like that. They handle the business aspect of it. I just try to perform my best on the field."

Peppers said fear of injury wasn't the reason he sat out Friday.

"There are no concerns,'' he said. "Whatever God's plan is for each and every one of us, that is His plan. You just have to go 110 miles per hour every snap, every play. Injuries don't happen when you play 100 miles per hour. That is what I was taught."

To keep pace, he watched film of Friday's practice alone and with teammates.

"It was the first day. There were a lot of hiccups, a lot of mistakes but that's expected,'' he said. "What's expected is to minimize those mistakes and not make the same ones, but if you make new ones, make them 100 miles per hour. I think we are all doing a good job of processing the defense and understanding what (defensive coordinator) Coach (Gregg Williams) wants us to do. That is what I am going to try to do today."

As for starting week one, he said, "you can't really worry about things too far ahead. I have to come out here and prove myself today, prove myself tomorrow and prove myself throughout the weeks to come. I'm definitely going to make my case, but I'm just going through the due process. I'm about the team. I'm a competitor.

"At the end of the day, they want the best 11 guys out on the field. If I'm one of them, I'm one of them. If not, I'm not. I can contribute to the team in other ways."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
"I mean, people can say whatever they want to say,'' he said. "I just think people want to say what they say to make stories. I can't do anything about that. I came here to play football and help this great organization get back to prominence."

Well said young man.. The coaches are excited about him and so am I.. Can't wait to see a bad ass defense out on the field.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Tanks Vambo

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. JP is saying all the right things. Let's hope he means them and backs it up with good play. I for one am in his corner and wish him the best as I do all our players.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
JP is saying all the right things.

Personally, I wish he would have admitted that he made a mistake, learned from it, and vowed to never have it happen again.

I've listened to Gordon and Manziel make excuses for their issues and then they just turn right around and do more dumb things. On the other hand, Crow made a mistake. He apologized and actually went out of his way to make amends w/those he offended. That tole me he really got it.

Now, there is no one that Peppers has to make amends with, but I do wish he would have owned up for his mistake instead of deflecting things and putting the emphasis on other people.

Not asking you to agree and I am NOT belittling your viewpoint. I am simply expressing my opinion.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Now, there is no one that Peppers has to make amends with, but I do wish he would have owned up for his mistake instead of deflecting things and putting the emphasis on other people.

As of now the only proof of any mistake is that he over hydrated. It is known that he has a tendency to cramp, which would be a reason to hydrate more often.

Here's a little bit of an article of a lady who does Athletes pee tests...

"We always try to get there at 5:30 a.m. and start at 6," says Binkley, a 34-year-old mother of two boys who is eight months pregnant with a third son. "You want the first urine of the morning."

That's because early-morning samples tend to be most concentrated. If a specimen is too diluted, it can't be tested.

"Just drink normally, do not over-hydrate," Binkley says. "Some kids will drink a gallon of water, and that's not the thing to do."

Binkley does an initial concentration test on the specimen, and when it's too diluted that can signal the start of a long day.

Her lengthiest ordeal was with an athlete at Southeast Missouri State who needed seven hours before producing a concentrated sample.

To get rid of excess hydration, Binkley will tell the athlete to get on a stationary bike or elliptical trainer.

"By that time, they're really hating me," she says.

Other tricks of the trade are sending the athlete outside to run in the cold air, doing jumping jacks or having the students lie down and raise their feet.

Binkley's tips for people who know they're going to be tested: Have a greasy breakfast with bacon or sausage, drink a normal serving of orange juice or munch Nutri-grain bars.

Also, remember not to make that usual trip to the bathroom in the morning.

"We tell them to tape their toilet shut, put a sign on it that says 'Do not pee,' whatever they have to do to remember not to go," Binkley says.

pee test

It's even mentioned just one glass of OJ can be enough to dilute. Seems it may be easy to have an honest diluted test. I had it happen to me. The lady doing the test got crappy with me.. It was 2:30 in the afternoon.

I told her " do you work out in the heat like I do ?..I drink lots of water to keep from dehydrating "

V
Legend
Legend
V
I respectfully disagree w/your facts. I believe you are basing your facts off of what Peppers and his "source" have told the media. I have not seen an official release from the NFL. If there is one, I will gladly apologize.

I know of one fact. Peppers is in Stage 1 of the Drug program.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I respectfully disagree w/your facts. I believe you are basing your facts off of what Peppers and his "source" have told the media. I have not seen an official release from the NFL. If there is one, I will gladly apologize.

I know of one fact. Peppers is in Stage 1 of the Drug program.

Been on a few different pages and stated on NFL network that it was for a diluted sample same as the kid from Bama. He failed cause of a diluted sample now why it was diluted well that's open for interpretation. Training really hard or sick are always the 2 biggest excuses neither of which are likely ever truthful. I mean its not like they wait until 2pm to test u at the combines. they wake u up at like 4 or 5 and u go pee. If your sample is diluted at that point, u probably been trying to thin your sample as much as possible.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
peppers to me looks like a more athletic version of ward.
second year starters will probably make the most impact because they have 14 months in the system.
I look for Coleman and Ogbah to play with more pace and or speed.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
JP is saying all the right things.

Personally, I wish he would have admitted that he made a mistake, learned from it, and vowed to never have it happen again.

I've listened to Gordon and Manziel make excuses for their issues and then they just turn right around and do more dumb things. On the other hand, Crow made a mistake. He apologized and actually went out of his way to make amends w/those he offended. That tole me he really got it.

Not asking you to agree and I am NOT belittling your viewpoint. I am simply expressing my opinion.

What mistake do u need him to admit to? Drinking too much water? Or doing drugs?

I totally relate to thinking back to manziel when I hear JP. Saying the right things means Jack chit. That said, think it would be hard for him to admit to doing drugs ..... If he didn't then he can't admit anything. If he did, other than making u feel better I don't see a single benefit.

I'm much more wary about this pick than I was a week ago. Ugh

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Well, I am glad that Peppers, evidently, passed his pee test, and reported for the 2nd dat of rookie camp.

I hope he becomes what some here think he can. If nothing else, he sure should help on special teams.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Well, I am glad that Peppers, evidently, passed his pee test, and reported for the 2nd dat of rookie camp.

I hope he becomes what some here think he can. If nothing else, he sure should help on special teams.

In a perfect world, this is something we'll forget mid-season or just not care about (due to his performance on the field.)

"Perfect world"

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Art Briles
Cheater Greg Williams
Josh Gordon
Crowell
The loser they just drafted that hit a woman
Jabril Peppers....

Sadly it is a recurring theme with Sashi and Hue Jackson that low character degenerates are acceptable and high character winners aren't welcome around the Browns.

It is sad how Paul Browns namesake is being treated.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: King Of Kings
Art Briles
Cheater Greg Williams
Josh Gordon
Crowell
The loser they just drafted that hit a woman
Jabril Peppers....

Sadly it is a recurring theme with Sashi and Hue Jackson that low character degenerates are acceptable and high character winners aren't welcome around the Browns.

It is sad how Paul Browns namesake is being treated.

No. 1 There's no proof he hit anybody, just a gold digger trying to collect some moneyNo.2 Peppers is innocent until he's proven guilty

Where do you come off slamming the Browns? Sashi has already stated that anyone that gets out of line will be gone. Everybody that we have drafted has not be shown to be guilty of anything at all. It's all media bs at this point. I have an idea.....If it bothers you that much, maybe you should just step back for awhile and let it be.

edit: Briles was not here long after more things started to come out. Williams is NOT a cheater. He has served his time and learned his lesson and is always looking for a way to be better, the same as any other DC or OC for that matter.

Last edited by bleednbrown; 05/14/17 11:37 AM.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Where do I get off? Where do THEY get off.

Art Briles covered up multiple rapes. This was well known LONGE BEFORE he was handed a personal invite by Hue Jackson.

Greg William isn't "just a DC trying to improve his teams." Give me a break. The guy IS a cheater who paid players on his own teams as well as other players in the NFL to harm offensive players and headhunt. That is called playing dirty and CHEATING to gain an upper hand. He is a lowlife scumbag, just like Art Briles. Just like....

Racist dirtbag Crowell posting photos of White cops being lynched. Just like...

Josh "Man of 75 chances" Gordon who Sashi says the Browns aren't in a position to cut despite spending 3 years suspended. Just like...

The apparent choirboy you're trying to bestow Sainthood on who beat the crap out of some girl. What a guy, what a champ.

Or Jabril Peppers, who gave a chick STD's, failed a drug test and stalled on signing paperwork to start his career in Stage 1 of the drug protocol until he could clear a urine test. I know, poor Peppers. It's all some Alex Jones conspiracy to hold the kid back. Let me guess, cause he's going to be THAT good that the entire World wants to hold him back, right? Please.

It is a pattern of behavior by Peppers just as it is a pattern of behavior that Sashi and Hue are treating this team like the Bengals and filling it with the losers and dregs of humanity.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 05/14/17 05:41 PM.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, whatever happened, happened- just hope he stays clean for 90 days and gets out of Stage One. Time will tell IF he's clean and wants to contribute as a Brown.....I hope the FO did enough background to justify taking him in first round- again, time will tell....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
L
Legend
Legend
L
Seems like a reasonable approach.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm glad he signed the participation thing, so we are moving forward. As was said, keep clean for 90 days and this is all behind him. Spent a first round pick on him so it's now up to him to prove it was a good move.

He is a Brown, he's one of "my guys," ... until he isn't.

The kids want to get to a game this year and we are thinking of opening day. I would love, absolutely love, to see Bell take the hand-off, do that hesitation thing he does, pick a hole that looks open, just to have Peppers meet him in the hole at the LOS and knock him on his behind. Set the tone for the game.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
You do know that the original police report from that night had Caleb Brantley listed as the victim, right? And that they have sworn affadavits from the bouncer and the club manager that he never hit her, right? And that her lawyers have accused the police of falsifying the report, right?

Do a little research before you post.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
You do know that the original police report from that night had Caleb Brantley listed as the victim, right? And that they have sworn affadavits from the bouncer and the club manager that he never hit her, right? And that her lawyers have accused the police of falsifying the report, right?

Do a little research before you post.

Let's not let facts get in the way of extreme speculation.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Guys no one is impressed with your ability to be patient and take life one day at a time. You fence sitters need to make a hot take right now. So get ready to call Jabrill a saint or drug addict and don't even think about defending Caleb Brantley, because well, you know.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
A drug addict with the heart of a saint? Sounds like a Lifetime Channel Orignal movie.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Guys no one is impressed with your ability to be patient and take life one day at a time. You fence sitters need to make a hot take right now. So get ready to call Jabrill a saint or drug addict and don't even think about defending Caleb Brantley, because well, you know.

Where do you come up w/this stuff?

Would you care to make a chart and put the comments of posters in to the categories you are talking about?

I get it. You love you some Peppers...........and now you feel the need to make fun of anyone who doesn't anoint him as a future HOFer.

Some of us actually like to keep an open mind.

Legend
Legend
Well, Peppers was on the field and Hue Jacksons face lighted up with asked about him.

If it's fact that he needed to be tested again after he signed his agreement, and he was on the field, then I suspect he passed his drug test.

ALL speculation to the contrary should be over and done with.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Would you care to make a chart and put the comments of posters in to the categories you are talking about?

rofl rofl rofl

Quote:
Some of us actually like to keep an open mind.

Surely you meant to use purple font there? In recent days you have accused Peppers of taking drugs when there is no evidence or history to support that. Only agenda.

The best part is that CHSDawg was being sarcastic...but your kind of "open mind" completely missed it. My sides hurt.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Peppers Begins in Stage One

Link Copied to Clipboard