Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Well, Peppers was on the field and Hue Jacksons face lighted up with asked about him.

If it's fact that he needed to be tested again after he signed his agreement, and he was on the field, then I suspect he passed his drug test.

ALL speculation to the contrary should be over and done with.

I don't think results come that quick....... The actual testing of the urine is probably all done through labs and stuff like that with procedures and all kinds of lawyer stuff. Procedures and lawyers are also done with the collection, which is probably on site. They don't test with a Walgreens Take-Home-Kit. We have no clue if he passed his test or not I bet.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Well, Peppers was on the field and Hue Jacksons face lighted up with asked about him.

If it's fact that he needed to be tested again after he signed his agreement, and he was on the field, then I suspect he passed his drug test.

ALL speculation to the contrary should be over and done with.

I don't think results come that quick....... The actual testing of the urine is probably all done through labs and stuff like that with procedures and all kinds of lawyer stuff. Procedures and lawyers are also done with the collection, which is probably on site. They don't test with a Walgreens Take-Home-Kit. We have no clue if he passed his test or not I bet.

You would be surprised just how quickly they can get results if they want them.

I can and have gotten same day results on guys that I test for Drugs. It costs me a little more but if I need it to get a guy on the job, I pay it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
With all the tests they have now-a-days, wouldn't surprise me if they could have a result with-in an hour. Think about that. I've had test done that used to take 2-3 days on a scan, and now they post on a web site 3-4 hours later.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
E
Legend
Legend
E
This thread is amazing... rofl

His only offense is that he had a diluted sample. This was leaked or its allowed as we got wind of two players including Peppers who had diluted samples right before the draft.

There is no confirmation of ANY DRUGS in the system just not enough for a definite offense to the drug policy as in Diluted THC. No mention or speculation of that occurring.

But my goodness this guy is being scrutinized here MORE THAN GORDAN was in any of his Failures of the Drug Abuse Program.

Even this Participation Agreement (which I assume has Insurance policies as well???) He did not sign it for ONE DAY of practice he was there the 2nd day. From what I read it was his agents that were holding up this process.

All this HE IS DIRTY conspiracy is without any evidence. Just Curious...has he EVER had remotely any connection with Drugs or PED's from college? Anything...usually these guys have a history or at least some allegations prior to coming here and failing not a Drug test but failing via the amount of Water found in his URINE.

As Joe Thomas came to his rescue and stated he has been found with Diluted samples but the way the NFL handles that is they give him a couple of days to re-take the test. Probably find a heck of a lot of Protein in that 2nd sample.

But just what has this kid done??? Yeah he is on Stage ONE which is to be a secret but this was let out prior to the draft as the news goes to all teams of the NFL...one or more leaked it out to the News Hounds with connections.

I see no wrong that has been done...I see nothing FISHY. I can't believe the Witch Hunt going on here...again worse than Anything I've seen on Gordon.

If he fails another. If any reports come out that there were slight traces of THC or other drugs but not enough to be considered an out right abuse due to the diluted sample? Then I can see this outrage...to doubt of him being clean...

I find it rather amazing. I wonder sometimes if we took the House favorite Malik Hooker and he came up with the diluted sample we would be having the same convo here. I know some will take that the wrong way...but think about it. Be true would the responses be the same? I think not.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

I agree w/that part. wink

E
Legend
Legend
E
At least you are consistent as you have been AMAZED at the lack of damnation for Gordon's offenses in the past.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V
I better expound on my feelings about this situation, because there is a certain poster speaking for me.

I have no idea if he has done drugs in the past or not. It seemed pretty damning when he didn't sign the participation agreement and I think I said "I am getting bad vibes" about the dude. However, he signed the next day so that is a very positive thing in my mind.

I do wish he would have just said something like: I made a mistake at the Combine and I have learned from it and I promise that nothing like this will ever happen again.

That's just my opinion and I didn't like all the deflection.

The bottom line for me is this: I hope that he doesn't do anything to move into Stage 2 and this all goes away.

I just don't think my position is as unreasonable as one poster is making it out to be.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Let Me first say I agree EO. I don't care for the guy but since he's a Brown now I will support him. Might even buy his jersey.
BUT.....Once bitten Twice Shy wink

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
At least you are consistent as you have been AMAZED at the lack of damnation for Gordon's offenses in the past.

Vers certainly has been vocal about that. lol

But that's something else and there's a decent explanation as to why we give Gordon such a break.

We've been snake bitten by Gordon but can't let him go. Peppers we're a little more nervous about (because of how Gordon hurt us). It's like we're in an abusive relationship

Legend
Legend
I agree,, Jumping to conclusions around here is like a job.

Some folks "gotta make the donuts" LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
It's like we're in an abusive relationship

Browns fans in an abusive relationship? Never tongue

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

His only offense is that he had a diluted sample. This was leaked or its allowed as we got wind of two players including Peppers who had diluted samples right before the draft.

"Leaked". LOL. Didn't seem intentional, eo, but that was funny.

I imagine that it was the two players who got the word out. They both automatically are in stage one due to the dilute sample (which counts as a fail. We know it was a dilute sample, what we do not know is exactly why those two guys over-hydrated. Face it, only two guys out of how many at the combine? It is not as common as some like to state).

Anyway - if it gets out that they are in stage one, then that raises questions. It is better, I think, if the guys just came out and said that they got dinged for a dilute sample. Get ahead of the news that they are in stage one.

If the news of stage one comes out before anyone hears about the reasons behind it, it is not the same perception.

Just speculating.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I imagine that it was the two players who got the word out. They both automatically are in stage one due to the dilute sample (which counts as a fail. We know it was a dilute sample, what we do not know is exactly why those two guys over-hydrated. Face it, only two guys out of how many at the combine? It is not as common as some like to state).

How do we know it's a dilute sample? Especially if they're the ones who leaked the story?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I can and have gotten same day results on guys that I test for Drugs. It costs me a little more but if I need it to get a guy on the job, I pay it.

But are your tests taken on-site or at a lab (like at a Quest Diagnostics facility)

At least with my work, they're taken on-site, and then they are sent out for testing. Maybe there's a lab close enough that they don't have to be sent, but they at least need to be dropped off.

Plus it's a bunch of guys. Although, who knows, if it's just Jabril, maybe it's no big deal.

But for example with a UFC fight, sometimes results come back after the fights happened (for tests that were taken before), maybe because it's not drugs and it's for steroids, etc

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Well that's the thing really we don't know exactly how and what they are testing completely. My understanding as a guy who has taken plenty and have had to be the guy who takes employees to get tested this is how it is done for us....

We use a local doctor's office and we pull in x amount of employees and we travel on down. Now for us we just use a basic 9 screen UA designed for basic illegal drugs mj/amphetamines/opiates etc etc you get the idea. They each go in fill their cups and generally before they walk out of the room they know if they have passed or its a non pass due to dilution or just hot. They are given a paper and it is delivered to me waiting in the lobby then we go from there. You either get a long drive back to work knowing you are guilty and on your way home or you are annoyed you wasted the morning for nothing but still being paid for taking the dumb test.

I suspect being it is the NFL they probably do a 9 screen and a 12 screen to get what they need immediatley and to get a bigger spectrum which can take a few days. The idea that these tests for urine can take them days when the combine is over a weekend wouldn't make too much sense imo because these teams and the NFL want to know now thru physical and interviewing process's....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

How do we know it's a dilute sample? Especially if they're the ones who leaked the story?

Petey - excellent point. We don't know.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
They each go in fill their cups and generally before they walk out of the room they know if they have passed or its a non pass due to dilution or just hot.

I'm confused. So..... Just from peeing you can tell if the person passes or not. I don't think so........ There's a temperature thing on the cup to make sure the pee is the correct temperature, but beyond that, they can't actually test the pee without examining it with something.

The way i've always done it (and I've taken many drug tests), you pee in the cup, they check the temperature, fill up two separate tubes. The tubes are sealed and tape is put over the two tubes to maintain the integrity of the seal. Then, you initial and date both tubes (to prove that these are the tubes of pee that you took). If one tube fails, they test the other to make sure that it's a match. After both fail, it's verified and that's a failed test.

How would they even be able to measure dilution in a cup? Based on how yellow your pee is? That's just up to someone's eye, not to any scientific anything.

Even with a Walmart Take-Home THC Test, it takes like five or ten minutes of the testing strip stick being in the cup before you can have an answer.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but i've taken plenty drug tests, and that has generally been the procedure at all of them. The piece of paper you get really is just a receipt saying that you took the test

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Quote:

Petey - excellent point. We don't know.

How do we know the players leaked the story?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
How do we know the players leaked the story?

No clue who leaked it. Just know that Peppers is answering it as if the diluted story is the truth.

For all we know, he might have failed for crack. Just gotta have faith in the FO to make the best decisions

Legend
Legend
Quote:

But are your tests taken on-site or at a lab (like at a Quest Diagnostics facility)

At least with my work, they're taken on-site, and then they are sent out for testing. Maybe there's a lab close enough that they don't have to be sent, but they at least need to be dropped off.

Plus it's a bunch of guys. Although, who knows, if it's just Jabril, maybe it's no big deal.

But for example with a UFC fight, sometimes results come back after the fights happened (for tests that were taken before), maybe because it's not drugs and it's for steroids, etc

Really doesn't matter at all. Lab or onsite and delivered to a lab, just doesn't matter. My guess is that there is a Quest facility near berea.. In fact I know there is. And further, there are several such labs within a couple of miles of Berea.

Wouldn't surprise me if a Quest (or some other companies) tech comes on site in Berea to take tests and then run them over to the lab.

You are looking for reasons to assume that they can't do the test and get the results back quickly. Or at least it feels that way.

But how do you know that the reason he didn't sign the agreement the day before is because they hadn't gotten the results back yet?

More importantly, how do you think they did that with all the rookies coming in.

I assure you, it's not only possible, it's actually probable.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
You are looking for reasons to assume that they can't do the test and get the results back quickly. Or at least it feels that way.

But how do you know that the reason he didn't sign the agreement the day before is because they hadn't gotten the results back yet?

More importantly, how do you think they did that with all the rookies coming in.

I assure you, it's not only possible, it's actually probable.

This is a possibility. That he didn't sign the agreement because they hadn't received results. Maybe the club wouldn't offer that agreement until he proved he could test clean

I guess we're just arguing semantics or whatever. Let's just hope that there is no issues with Peppers

E
Legend
Legend
E
We know it was a dilute sample, what we do not know is exactly why those two guys over-hydrated.

Cap I don't know why the Bama LB over hydrated.

But what I do know about Peppers is that he has had problems getting cramps. Don't know and don't really care about the not feeling good after the flight. But also he was going to work out with both DBs and LBs so double duty at the combine...So he drank a lot of water.

It would be different if they found some substance in the sample but cause of dilution not clear. I don't know how that can be found but for some reason all this little info somehow gets out about the details now a days...Don't understand the "LEAK" reference being funny...does it have anything to do with Vambo's Avitar? lol

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
we can test employees on the spot with the saliva stick, if they test positive they are sent for more in depth testing... guess they cant do that in the NFL

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
They're tested on weigh in day during the day.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
But what I do know about Peppers is that he has had problems getting cramps.

Do we really know that? Or, is that what Peppers and his "source" told the media after he was placed in Stage One?

I'm sorry, but Sashi's comments about being careful about what he puts into his body does not mesh w/too much water.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I take that Sashi comment as generic. but also perhaps sending a message to peppers, other rookies or any player: be careful with your body and what you put in it. I could be wrong but that was my initial take.
Hopefully there are no more issues with jabrill.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I take that Sashi comment as generic. but also perhaps sending a message to peppers, other rookies or any player: be careful with your body and what you put in it. I could be wrong but that was my initial take.
Hopefully there are no more issues with jabrill.
Agreed.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know, bro. This doesn't sound "generic" to me. It sounds to me as he is directly speaking about the Peppers' situation. Look at it again:

Quote:
"We talked to Jabrill about that,'' said Brown. "That's a concern for us. He understands it needs to be something that he's accountable for and responsible for what he puts in his body and understands that piece of it.''

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Quote:
But what I do know about Peppers is that he has had problems getting cramps.

Do we really know that? Or, is that what Peppers and his "source" told the media after he was placed in Stage One?

H.S. football: Paramus Catholic's Jabrill Peppers trying to overcome muscle cramping

PARAMUS – Read the recruiting reviews and watch the highlight videos of Paramus Catholic senior Jabrill Peppers and you’ll likely come away thinking he’s an unstoppable force of nature so powerful he could run through an entire defense.

But for every Superman there is a Kryptonite.

"Yeah, the cramping," Peppers lamented. "I’m going to have to figure that out."

That comment by the No. 2-rated football recruit in the nation bound for Michigan came following Paramus Catholic’s season-opening win against Gilman (Md.).

Yet there he was six weeks later hobbling to the Paladins’ sideline, his right calf in a knot, his team trailing Don Bosco by seven points with less than two minutes remaining, facing fourth-and-10 on the Ironmen 30. All Peppers could do was stretch his legs on the sideline and watch as the ensuing pass was intercepted and the Paladins ultimately lost their first game of the season.

Peppers’ cramping has become a recurring issue for him and Paramus Catholic. He missed time in four of the first six games because of cramps and usually had to come out on multiple occasions in those games.

"Obviously it affects you when your top guy can’t be in the game or is limping around," Paramus Catholic coach Chris Partridge said. "But we couldn’t worry about it. We had to call plays around it."

Peppers had blood work done to diagnose why he was suffering from recurring cramps and determine what vitamins his body was lacking. He started taking B-Complex and D vitamins. He’s been drinking coconut water. He’s on a new carbohydrate-heavy diet.

In the past two games, he hasn’t left the game because of cramps.

"I wasn’t fueling my body right," Peppers said. "I knew that. But it’s kind of hard to say no to a McDonald’s burger."

The change in diet and decrease in cramps doesn’t surprise Dr. Jordan Metzl, a nationally known sports medicine doctor at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan.

"In athletes who play sports like [Peppers], cramping is more commonly a nutritional issue," said Metzl, who has never treated Peppers. "If this has been a consistent problem, my guess is he’s losing too much salt. When you lose too much salt, the muscle goes into spasm."

Peppers agrees on the nutritional side, though he has an additional theory on what’s contributing to it.

"I practice hard all week long and I’m fine, no cramps," he said. "But game day, I don’t know, I think I get my mind and my body so worked up and I exhaust a lot of energy in the pregame."

The next challenge is Saturday at Bergen Catholic (1 p.m.) as the Paladins try to balance how much to use their multitalented superstar early so he doesn’t cramp late.

"It’s been very frustrating," Peppers said. "It hurts my team. That’s the most important thing. They count on me a lot in tough situations. For me not to be able to perform in those clutch situations because of these cramps, that’s what I think hurts the most."

From a tactical standpoint, it has hurt Paramus Catholic, too. Like a young baseball ace on a pitch count, Paramus Catholic’s coaches have limited Peppers’ touches on offense to keep the dynamic cornerback/safety/running back/wide receiver/quarterback fresh as long as they can.

Through eight games last year, Peppers had 93 carries for 891 yards and 12 TDs. He finished with 172 carries for 1,552 yards and 18 TDs, earning The Record offensive Player of the Year honor. Through eight games this year he has 66 carries for 527 yards and three TDs.

"I definitely think what I’m doing now for the cramps is helping," he said. "Once we get this figured out, it’s going to be up from here."

Where nothing can stop him, not even Kryptonite.

[url=H.S. football: Paramus Catholic's Jabrill Peppers trying to overcome muscle cramping]Cramps[/url]

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah, I see what you're saying, but part of that IMO is Sashi responding to the peppers situation, which he had to do because that's the crux of the situation, but I also don't necessarily think Sashi was admitting his athlete was guilt of intentionally masking. In my opinion - lord knows I could be wrong - He was sending a message: be careful, smart and don't mess up.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Seems he has a history of cramps going back to HS

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for the article. Nice find

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We know it was a dilute sample, what we do not know is exactly why those two guys over-hydrated.
.Don't understand the "LEAK" reference being funny...does it have anything to do with Vambo's Avitar? lol

We're talking about diluted pee tests, I found the use of the word "leak" amusing. Lack of sleep contributes as well

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I'm sorry, but Sashi's comments about being careful about what he puts into his body does not mesh w/too much water.
From this article, dated 4/24/17 (before the draft); "The NFL has notified teams that Michigan's Jabrill Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the scouting combine, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter."

The news was announced by the NFL, not leaked by Peppers or his agents. There has never been any evidence that he tested positive for drugs. A diluted sample is treated by the NFL as a positive.

The source was for Peppers explanation, which makes sense to me. If you have chosen not to believe, that's your prerogative. I am inclined to consider him innocent until proven guilty. And so far, there is no evidence that he tested positive for drugs.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
V
Legend
Legend
V
I was talking about the cramping, but thanks for questioning whether I am objective or not. It's always appreciated when I express an opinion and someone questions my motivation.

Thanks again.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thank you .. Just trying to find some facts. I'm excited to have him on the team.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I appreciate you taking the time to find that article. I take back my statement whether or not we know or not. We do know, thanks to your research.

Thanks again for providing facts to alter my opinion rather than insults. thumbsup

Oh, and there is NO sarcasm in this post. I meant every word of it.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 05/15/17 09:38 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The sentence I highlighted looked like you might have the timeline confused. I wasn't questioning your ability to be objective. Everyone has opinions, mine is different from yours.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
1st String
1st String
Yeah as it is about agreeing to disagreeing on opinions. But look forward to this kid thriving in the league.

June Summertime 2024!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Sure

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Peppers Begins in Stage One

Link Copied to Clipboard