Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Courtney Fallon‏Verified account @CourtneyFallon_ now 9 seconds ago

Source: Free Agent DB Justin Gilbert has been suspended by the Commissioner for the first 4 weeks of the 2017 season. Former 1st rd pick.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
it seems like that's one draft pick that won't pan out

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
man.....such a horrible waste of talent. not the worst, but still bad.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Free agent? The steelers let him go?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Free agent? The steelers let him go?

Yeah, he didn't even last there six months before they axed him.

Swish said it best, what a waste of talent. His NFL career is over IMO. He's done nothing in the NFL except that one INT play.

Legend
Legend
What a screw up that pick was...

<><

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
If only farmer had actually interviewed him, or got to know him.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
Legend
Legend
C
How did we get anything for him?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Did they state the offense that caused the suspension.

Unfortunately the jokes on us...he made millions without doing squat.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Finally. Gilber's Break Out Season has arrived. wink

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Finally. Gilber's Break Out Season has arrived. wink
brownie

Legend
Legend
Man that ranks right up there with the worst picks ever by any team. Very physically talented, but something between the ears or in the heart was just missing.. What a waste.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Just think about the right track we could have been on with so many years of 2 draft picks. The Gilbert/Manziel and Richardson/Weeden are just an abomination (luckily we recouped a little with the Richardson one ... only to blow it two years later)

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

Honestly, why does anyone care? Gilbert will never play in the NFL again. Why? He never played when he was in the NFL!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bugs
j/c

Honestly, why does anyone care? Gilbert will never play in the NFL again. Why? He never played when he was in the NFL!

I only care that in the sense that it was a wasted pick by us. And a high one at that.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Suspended from NOT not playing?

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: bugs
j/c

I only care that in the sense that it was a wasted pick by us. And a high one at that.

It's over! Sashi tossed to the curb whatever wasn't salvageable and then some from that era. Wasted pick no more!! It's very sad and painful. It's time to move forward.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Is there an anti bump button. Last night I was hoping for an anit bump button, and there's 3 more responses,

and now this one.

Got worried when I first read the thread title, had to try to remember who he was. I mean he wasn't even a Cleveland Brown for at least a full year, and that's before Pittsburgh cut him.

You can't be suspended from something you don't do anyways, or don't do anymore.
Like suspending Michael Phelps from the tour de france, or Lance Armstrong from professional boxing in the state of Nevada.

Maybe the ref's can lock the thread, to be an anti bump.

Or, maybe more people have more to say on this and want to weigh in.

Maybe someone should start a poll in the k9 consensus to either keep this thread going, or delete/lock it.
It is the slow season.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't know if this is true or not, but to me, Gilbert is an extra special type of bust.

Weeden, Richardson, Quinn, etc. were guys that kinda looked the part, tried hard, had their moments, but ultimately (for one reason or another) just didn't quite make it. Other teams, to varying degrees, have players that bust similarly.

In the case of Gilbert, it's just something totally different. The guy had attitude issues that (allegedly) completely took him off of other people's lists. We took him high without ever meeting with him, and his attitude issues basically keep him from seeing the field at all.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
oober, the litany of squandered first round picks the past few years can make one nauseous but the daily double of Gilbert and manziel the same year is the dregs of awful drafting. doubt there has been anything even close to that abomination.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I just recall that day when Gilbert was drafted the slobbering and drooling over Farmer and Pettine like they landed the next great CB and how Gilbert was gonna lock down Brown and Green for year's to.come
Only 2 1st Rd picks of that draft are no longer in the NFL
Care to guess who they are ?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Why do you care if people respond to him being suspended? You don't have to read it if you don't want to.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
JC
I wish the kid luck in life because he wasn't cut out for football.
All the god given talent and no heart or maybe more mental issues,
He escaped the heavy scrutiny because we had Manzel for that- Lol

If I only knew then what I know today...
Legend
Legend
And here's yet another one of our own the incompetent FO let get away. cool

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Now you posted about not posting so it won't get bumped up...and it got bumped up...lol grin

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
And here's yet another one of our own the incompetent FO let get away. cool

I find it almost impossible to believe that we got draft picks for Gilbert and Mingo, from quality organizations like the Steelers and Patriots. That really blows my mind.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Mingo at least tries/cares. (I assume)

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He walks away with 12 million gauranteed I believe. I mean that was his contract with us I believe.

I'd call him dumb, but he did make millions basically just practicing.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Damn.

Legend
Legend
I don't mean this in a super negative way.

But I wonder, 5 years later.

How much he has left.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I can be more forgiving of guys who don't live up to hype due to injury ... or even guys that, by all accounts, work hard and are good teammates

but guys like Gilbert who steal paychecks get under my skin

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
we are talking about Justin Gilbert? Gilber?

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Wonder if it was Performance Enhancing Drugs. If they helped him get out of bed in the morning it would be an improvement.

What a waste

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Riddler
Wonder if it was Performance Enhancing Drugs. If they helped him get out of bed in the morning it would be an improvement.

What a waste

PEDs to help him get outta bed, omg bro hahahaha... way too funny.

thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I mean this in a negative way:

How much does he have left? Can't be used up by any stretch of our imagination . . . .

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

What a waste

My "Performance" enhancing drugs help me get up saywhat

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

What a waste

My "Performance" enhancing drugs help me get up saywhat
I took one of those pills once, but it got stuck in my throat ... woke up the next day with the stiffest neck

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
I mean this in a negative way:

How much does he have left? Can't be used up by any stretch of our imagination . . . .

On $12M there'd be at least 10% taken right off the top for his agent. If he had a manager or management team, there'd be another 15%, so figure $9M before taxes. Then:

Tax Type.........Marginal Tax Rate...Effective Tax Rate..........Amount
Federal.................39.60%..................37.40%..............$3.365,801
FICA.......................2.35%....................2.41%............... $217,011
State..................... 5.00%................... 4.97%............... $447,168
Local..................... 2.25%....................2.25%............... $202,500
Total Income Taxes.................................................................... $4,232,480
Income After Taxes.................................................................... $4,767,520

Substract binge spending on clothes, cars, watches, sneaker collection & tattoos, mama's house, his own overpriced pad, stupid investments, making it rain & cases of Cristal, out of town trips with the posse, & leach money, and he's probably got about eighty bucks left. Maybe he put $40K away in an IRA, but who knows?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Why do you care if people respond to him being suspended? You don't have to read it if you don't want to.

I simply meant in general. It seems like another media post making fun of Cleveland.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's the way a lot of people feel these days when facts are reported. Why wouldn't it reflect more poorly on the Steelers who picked him up?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Justin Gilbert Suspended 4 Games

Link Copied to Clipboard