Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Gotta sppreciate players that work on aspects of their game that are lacking.

Seems the coaching staff has given some of these guys some off season homework

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Desmond Bryant, coming off a torn pectoral muscle, was not at OTAs last week, but could make an appearance this week. The team hopes he can add to the pass-rush this season.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Desmond Bryant, coming off a torn pectoral muscle, was not at OTAs last week, but could make an appearance this week. The team hopes he can add to the pass-rush this season.

Sounds like the team is being respectful to a veteran coming off of injury. We don't even know if he is healthy yet, or if he has passed a physical.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Not speaking for ddub, but I think he liked how the team was viewing how Bryant can help the pass rush this year.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I like DB.

All I am saying is some guys we like aren't going to make the team. It's a good grouping of players and all of them aren't going to make the cut.

Again, how many D-linemen can we carry? It's not like those guys have versitility at other positions. Maybe blocking on fieldgoal kicks, but you have O-linemen to do that. They aren't like backers or DB's who can help in all areas of special teams other than snapping or kicking the ball. OK....add in holding....QB's usually get that duty. I guess you want someone who might be able to throw the ball on a fake or botched snap or hold.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
When Bryant was healthy, he was our best.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Not speaking for ddub, but I think he liked how the team was viewing how Bryant can help the pass rush this year.

Yeah that's it, if true.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I hope it is true because I think he is a very good player and he would make our team better.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: E.Ryze19
When Bryant was healthy, he was our best.

Absolutely. If healthy he can give us that inside pressure to go along with our outside rushers. Our other DT aren't really known for that, nor do they have his length.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Brock Osweiler having left knee looked at after incidental contact in team drills. Went down immediately and came up limping
https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/869957438191149061

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Mary Kay Cabot‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot 2m2 minutes ago
More
#Browns Osweiler now up practicing dropbacks, helmet on

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/869958046964867072

Legend
Legend
Brock Osweiler got up after having left knee checked by athletic trainer and practiced drop backs. Put helmet back on

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Just a little love bump lol...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Welcome to the new Browns, where even our incidental contact hits are potentially season ending.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
BROWNS NOTES Browns WR Corey Coleman could miss rest of offseason; No. 1 pick Myles Garrett doesn't practice but expected to Thursday
ByScott Petrak | The Chronicle-Telegram

BEREA -- Browns receiver Corey Coleman could miss the rest of the offseason program after landing hard last week while making a deep catch down the sideline during organized team activities.

Coleman didn’t practice Wednesday, spending time on the stationary bike and working on the side with the training staff.

“Right now I’m going to keep him out for a little while and again, that was a tough spill for him,” coach Hue Jackson said after practice. “A little tougher than I thought, but he’s making his way through. He wants to be back out there right now, but I just think now is the time if a guy is kind of banged up a little bit to make sure they take care of him so that we get him back for training camp. But we’ll see how it all unfolds here at the end.”

Jackson said it doesn’t make sense to rush Coleman back at this time of the year.

“I don’t think it’s sticking a guy out there if there is something that may be a little minor wrong with him so that all of a sudden it becomes something major and we get to training camp and we don’t have him,” Jackson said. “So we’re going to play the cautious side of this and go from there.”

Coleman was the No. 15 pick in the 2016 draft and had a disappointing rookie season. He missed six games with a broken hand and finished with 33 catches for 413 yards, a 12.5 average and three touchdowns.

Jackson has said Coleman must assert himself this season.

“I think he’s demonstrated the ability that we’re looking for. Obviously he’s got to do it in a game,” Jackson said. “He’s done a good job. He’s improved, I stand behind my statement that I made earlier that he’s got to be the guy to do it for us. That’s what we drafted him for and I’m sure he’ll do that.”

Jackson wouldn’t reveal the specifics of the injury but said Coleman doesn’t have a broken bone.

GARRETT WORKING WAY BACK

No. 1 pick Myles Garrett promised last week to be “full tilt” when organized team activities resumed this week.

But Wednesday, the rookie defensive end again didn’t practice, spending time on the side working with the training staff.

Jackson said Garrett practiced Tuesday, will practice again Thursday and is “right where we need to be.” He’s battling an injury Jackson called “nothing major.”

“I just want to take it easy, make sure that we’re getting there,” Jackson said. “Did a good job yesterday, and he’ll practice tomorrow. He’s doing good.

“He looked like Myles Garrett. Big, fast, tough. He’s everything we think he is.”

Jackson wouldn’t reveal the nature of the injury but said it’s not related to the high ankle sprain that limited Garrett in his final season at Texas A&M.

http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-notes/2...o-Thursday.html

#gmstrong
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
What's with Coleman?

I know it's precautionary.
I know it's very early in OTA's so way risk it.

I'm just getting a little tiered of this guy not progressing with the rest of the team. A portion of camp last yr. Freak hand injury, ( not his fault ). Now he falls on the ball awkwardly & that's it!

Listen, they all take knocks at practice. but out till MC for falling on the ball...please.

In the beginning people were comparing him to a Steve Smith type receiver, right now not in toughness.

I'm hoping this kid isn't glass & gets his butt out on the field for some meaningful reps. Suck it up, be a major part of this rebuild, not limping to the dressing rm. because you squished your left nut going for a pass.

If this pussiness continues into camp, the Browns should be very concerned going forward.

Is it just me, or are the new wave of #1 pick WR's all off to bad starts. Look at us, Buff, Wash, Balt, Chi, Minn & maybe Mia, all hurt with very low production.

Last edited by Demo44; 05/31/17 03:36 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I see the Browns are again holding their annual Camp Stationary Bike.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Another offseason being missed by Corey? Awesome thumbsdown

B
Legend
Legend
B
It is a bit disheartening, but if he is hurt, he's hurt.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Shelton as Red Zone lead blocker? Give him a Fridge carry? Tough to stop.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

No. That would tick me off. I have Crow in my money keeper league. I don't need Danny friggen Shelton siphoning TD carries away from Crow! tongue

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

He's missed two OTAs.

V
Legend
Legend
V
He's missed a significant amount of time in college and the pros.

The guy needs to be practicing because he needs a ton of work on perfecting his route running. I would have no problem if they kept him out of team drills where there might be contact, but the guy is raw as can be and not being on the field perfecting his craft is a negative.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

He's missed two OTAs.

Rumor has it he'll miss extended time. If he makes it to training camp, we'll have to treat him like a cupcake.

His injury issues isn't just NFL related. I'm beginning to really wonder about this pick since we burned such a high one on him. Our WR core is weak and we're relying on a kid that cannot even get passed a practice with no pads on.

L
Legend
Legend
L
It's not a big worry yet, but I get ya.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
So, every time he makes an serious effort to catch the ball, the team needs to brace themselves & hope it's not another four game stretch of recovery.

It's getting to the point of embarrassment when Sirus radio is reporting his injury in a sarcastic manner.

Come on, we could go out and play touch football & do the same thing and not miss a snap.

This [censored] behaviour is totally counterproductive to where the team is going right now. The team needs him to take every productive snap possible, not guessing when he's going to feel up to contributing.

Your not in collage anymore, your not top dog at Baylor, it's time to shine because the team needs you too. Either you start to act like a # 1 or you can join Erving as a forth yr. bust fighting for a special team job for the rest of your career.

H
1st String
1st String
H
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

No. That would tick me off. I have Crow in my money keeper league. I don't need Danny friggen Shelton siphoning TD carries away from Crow! tongue

I tend to be a homer and have a brown on my team. But a keeper? Money?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

This [censored] behaviour is totally counterproductive to where the team is going right now. The team needs him to take every productive snap possible, not guessing when he's going to feel up to contributing.

I don't get the feeling that it has anything to do w/behavior or wanting to contribute. That seems harsh at this point.

I just think he gets hurt a lot. I do wish he was able to do Individual drills and not Team drills, so he could at least work on improving his route running.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
So true. Crowell as a keeper in a money league - wow. Pickings must be slim...

D
Legend
Legend
D
AWESOME!

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...d5-28b57fdbbd86

"The sight of Desmond Bryant back out on the Browns’ practice field on Wednesday afternoon was a welcomed one."

Legend
Legend
Wow. Score. I stand by it. Fridge, Siragusa, I think. Bettis.

Whatever you need, fine. Just a consideration.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: highoman
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I tend to be a homer and have a brown on my team. But a keeper? Money?

Yes. It's a keeper league. The buy in is $300. you have 2qb;s, 3 rbs' 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 D and 1 K. You can keep any of those players from last years roster. There are 14 other players on your roster. You can keep 1. All the rest go in to the draft pool with all the rookies and other players. Then you draft your new team.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns sign RB Terrence Magee

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...2d-aa46d3fc2385

The Cleveland Browns have signed RB Terrence Magee. To make room on the roster, the team waived RB Darius Jackson with an injury designation (knee).

Magee is 5-9, 220 pounds and officially a first-year player out of LSU where he rushed for 1,330 career yards and 12 TDs. Originally signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2015, he has appeared in six career games. He spent seven weeks on the Browns’ practice squad in 2016 before being signed to Seattle’s active roster. He is a native of Franklinton, La.

Jackson was inactive for 13 games with the Cowboys last season before being claimed off waivers by Browns prior to Week 15. He was inactive all three games with Cleveland.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns' Corey Coleman's injuries include a sore hamstring, source says

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/06/browns_corey_colemans_injuries.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Corey Coleman's injuries, which could sideline him until training camp in late July, include a sore hamstring, a league source told cleveland.com.

But that's not all that's ailing Coleman.

He's believed to have suffered another unspecified injury from what Hue Jackson described as a "tough spill'' in organized team activities last week that he'll need time to recover from.

The Browns don't have to be specific about injuries in the offseason, and they haven't been to this point.

The hamstring issue is significant, however, because Coleman has a history of soft tissue injuries, and missed the first two preseason game last year after injuring one in an intrasquad scrimmage near the start of training camp.

Last week, in the first week of OTAs, Coleman went up for a pass from Brock Osweiler and came down hard on the ball. What's more, a player landed on top of him.

Coach Hue Jackson acknowledged Wednesday that Coleman could be idle until training camp in July. If so, he will have missed eight OTAs and the mandatory full squad minicamp June 13-15.

With the Browns in the midst of a heated quarterback competition, Coleman's absence will be felt.

"Right now I'm going to keep him out for a little while and again, that was a tough spill for him,'' Jackson said after practice Wednesday. "A little tougher than I thought, but he's making his way through. You know Corey. He wants to be back out there right now, but I just think now is the time if a guy is kind of banged up a little bit to make sure they take care of him so that we get him back for training camp. But we'll see how it all unfolds here at the end.''

Coleman's time off is also at least a mild concern, because Jackson had called on last year's No. 15 overall pick to step it up this season.

"It's time to make the next jump," Jackson said at the NFL Annual Meeting in Phoenix in March. "He's very talented as we all know. He's worked extremely hard thus far this offseason, and he wants to come in and prove that last year was just what it was, his first year in the league.

"Then he needed to understand what this league was all about, and I think he found out very quickly there's more to it than what he knew and he's looking forward it. I think he's going to take the next jump this year."

In addition to the setback in training camp, Coleman suffered a broken hand in practice after the second regular season game and missed the next six outings.

He never really caught up, finishing the season with 33 catches in 10 starts for 413 yards and three TDs. After returning from the broken hand, he caught only one TD pass and never had more than 41 yards receiving.

"It set him back,'' Jackson said at the meetings. "Anytime you're a rookie and you start playing and all of a sudden you don't practice, it's just different," Jackson said.
"His rookie year was OK, not great. We all have different expectations for a first-round draft pick. But we see the potential of what he can be and what he will be and he's doing the work right now that it takes to get there."

The severity of the hamstring is unknown, but the Browns will be cautious with it, especially at this time of year and because Coleman has struggled with tight hamstrings since his Baylor days.

He redshirted his freshman year because of hamstring injuries, and was still plagued by it in his true freshman year in 2013, when he was limited to 35 catches for 527 yards in 10 starts. The following year, in 2014, Coleman sat out the first three games of the season with a pulled hamstring and started only six contests. Still, he managed 64 receptions for 1,119 yards and 11 touchdowns.

As a junior, Coleman played through a groin injury the final four games of the season, combining for only 185 yards and no touchdowns in those outings. In the previous eight games, he averaged 147 yards and 20 TDs en route to numerous Baylor records. He sat out the Russell Athletic Bowl against North Carolina and underwent sports hernia surgery in December of 2015.

Given all of that and Coleman's injury history here as a rookie, Jackson understands the interest in his plight, even at this time of year.

"Nobody wants to lose a good player in a practice at any time,'' Jackson said. "But I know those things happen and again, like I said, if I wanted to push him through it, I could, but what's most important is that we get him back. He's demonstrated the ability that we're looking for. Obviously he's got to do it in a game.

"There's no games right now, and the most important thing for the whole football team is health. He's done a good job. He's improved, I stand behind my statement that he's got to be the guy to do it for us. That's what we drafted him for and I'm sure he'll do that.''

He just needs to be healthy to do it.

C
Legend
Legend
C
That is a problem.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Kind of surprising about Jackson. I thought the Browns were high on him.

Coleman? Again, I really wish he was healthy enough to at least go through individual drills. He's so stinking raw.

C
Legend
Legend
C

I wonder how severe the injury is.

A
Legend
Legend
A
That is a problem.

Kinda my thought as well.

V
Legend
Legend
V

I wonder how severe the injury is.

Good point. I was thinking about that and maybe shouldn't have written what I did. I just didn't know how to correctly get out the point that the Browns initially liked him a lot.

But, you are right...........it could be all about the injury.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Browns' Corey Coleman's injuries include a sore hamstring, source says

thumbsdown thumbsdown

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum OTA's and Mini Camp.

Link Copied to Clipboard