Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm about to finish the main quest of Horizon.

I also just got my Switch! Zelda is gorgeous.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Click to reveal..
Did you do use the kill switch on the Boss's #2? I did, but I think I might replay the final mission and avoid that. I'm hoping that it makes the final battle better or longer. Did you do all the SAM memory nodes? If not, I'd suggest that you do it. It's a pretty big cliff hanger for the next game, but worth it.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I'm about to finish the main quest of Horizon.

I also just got my Switch! Zelda is gorgeous.

That last battle was pretty fun!! Enjoy it.

Legend
Legend
ME:A plot spoilers below. Meant for CHS and people who've completed the game ...

Click to reveal..

I didn't have a kill switch. I probably ended up rejecting it when I told the Primus Kett to shove it in that one mission.

I did all the SAM nodes, and the big reveal was pretty cool. One of the better moments in the game.

There are quite a lot of questions to be answered for the next game too:

- Do we find the Quarian Ark? (Did you talk to everyone in Hyperion after the final mission?)

- What happens to mom?

- Am I going to regret giving the Krogan so much power?

- Is making <insert leader here> going to come back and bite me, or are they just going to pull an ME3 and put the guy they want in power anyway?

- Do we find out more about the Jardiin(Remnants) and the Scourge which was apparently a weapons used against them?

- If it was a weapon, then who used it?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
ME:A plot spoilers below. Meant for CHS and people who've completed the game ...

Click to reveal..

I didn't have a kill switch. I probably ended up rejecting it when I told the Primus Kett to shove it in that one mission.

I did all the SAM nodes, and the big reveal was pretty cool. One of the better moments in the game.

There are quite a lot of questions to be answered for the next game too:

- Do we find the Quarian Ark? (Did you talk to everyone in Hyperion after the final mission?)

- What happens to mom?

- Am I going to regret giving the Krogan so much power?

- Is making <insert leader here> going to come back and bite me, or are they just going to pull an ME3 and put the guy they want in power anyway?

- Do we find out more about the Jardiin(Remnants) and the Scourge which was apparently a weapons used against them?

- If it was a weapon, then who used it?

Excel and CHS,
Expert use of the click-to-show thingy. thumbsup

I'm about halfway through the game, I'm guessing. I may or may not have gotten to the big plot twist (when you save the Angaran lady from the Kett on Voeld).

So far, I'm somewhere in the B-to-C range on the game. I'm not as up in arms about the animations as some people are... it's the dialogue and writing that really throws me off sometimes (and bugs in dialogue and the journal).
I was in a mission where I need to talk to an arch-enemy. The story has built up the hatred this group has for me. I fight through his troops to get to him. I hand him the quest item, and next thing we're off as a team...? I'm thinking to myself, "I just slaughtered all your buddies, you tell me that you have this deep-seeded hatred for me... but I hand you an old, busted piece of armor (that I picked up off the ground), and that gets you on board to help me out?" Lazy... to the point that I begin to question the amount of time I'm putting into this game. I'll finish it, and get as close to 100% completion as these journal/quest bugs will allow... and I'll probably enjoy it, overall.... but I'm just saying that it sometimes gets bad.

Last edited by oobernoober; 04/13/17 02:50 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I'm about halfway through the game, I'm guessing. I may or may not have gotten to the big plot twist (when you save the Angaran lady from the Kett on Voeld).

I think that's still pretty early in the game, but I guess a lot depends one what order you do the Priority Ops versus the Allies missions. There's some bigger twist revealed towards the end though.

Quote:
So far, I'm somewhere in the B-to-C range on the game. I'm not as up in arms about the animations as some people are... it's the dialogue and writing that really throws me off sometimes (and bugs in dialogue and the journal).
I was in a mission where I need to talk to an arch-enemy. The story has built up the hatred this group has for me. I fight through his troops to get to him. I hand him the quest item, and next thing we're off as a team...? I'm thinking to myself, "I just slaughtered all your buddies, you tell me that you have this deep-seeded hatred for me... but I hand you an old, busted piece of armor (that I picked up off the ground), and that gets you on board to help me out?" Lazy... to the point that I begin to question the amount of time I'm putting into this game. I'll finish it, and get as close to 100% completion as these journal/quest bugs will allow... and I'll probably enjoy it, overall.... but I'm just saying that it sometimes gets bad.

Which mission was that one? Sounds similar to one of the crew members loyalty missions, but it's not.

I agree though, the story-telling is a little clunky in spots. I think they kind of bit off a little too much as well. It's kind of difficult to keep up with all the story plots they are trying to throw at you at times. I started my second play-through, and I'm already catching things I didn't the first time because I'm familiar with the general plot lines now.

O
Legend
Legend
O
IIRC, it's part of getting the vault working correctly on Havarl (getting that third monolith functioning again).

The dialogue is similarly clunky. Early on in the game, you can have discreet "visits" with Peebee. After the deed is done, you exit the conversation with a "Well, nice talkin' to ya!" I laughed so hard when I saw that.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
In my opinion, I thought the plot got a little better the further into the game I went. Maybe it was because I was starting to understand all the players and such, but things did start to make a lot more sense. Plus there are a few key plot reveals. By the end of it, I felt like I was playing a Mass Effect game again.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Click to reveal..
Oh. Did you have to fight the guy at the end of the game? I took the option, just in case, I wanted to. Which I did,
because I finished it at 11 and was just trying to go to bed.

The Sam stuff was a top 2 moment for me. My respect grew for Liara after that. I knew she was the shadow broker, but dang she was knowledgeable. I'm also going to suspect it's her that ordered the coup. Who else has the money that the Shadowbroker has? They'll probably just add a rich Salarian who is behind it all. The Salarians on the Ark are real pieces of work, the ones in the Milky Way were much more willing to work with the Krogan, seemed much nicer.

I can't wait for the Quarian Ark. I always forget about them. It'll be fun seeing Elcor again, they're my favorite alien race. Haha.

I guess Mom must be still sick? I bet that'll be a main mission next game.

Nah, the Krogan are cool. I just wonder why I didn't give it to the Angara.

I think the Jardaan are the people who created the Remnants and created the Scourge? I'm guessing some Quarian-Geth shenanigans went down between the Jardaan and the Remnants

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Keep us updated. ME is the next game on my list, but if it isn't like the originals - I may think about Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is on sale on Amazon today. I decided I'd give it a try.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Keep us updated. ME is the next game on my list, but if it isn't like the originals - I may think about Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is on sale on Amazon today. I decided I'd give it a try.

I saw it for 34 bucks and almost pulled the trigger on it... but eh, it's time for a gaming break for me. Between Battlefront and jamming out on Horizon like I did, just a bit burned out.

Let us know bro your initial reactions to it after a hour or so of game play! I'm hearing it's a pretty fun game.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I finished Horizon this past weekend. The final mission was fun, the three parts were interesting, and the last two sequences really put me through the paces. I hope the incoming DLC further expounds on the ending.

-----------------------

I love my switch, and Zelda is incredible. I'm only a few hours in, but the depth of Zelda blows me away.

At first I felt like it slogged in pace due to coming off of Horizon, but now the game started to pick up.

The Switch exists as a fantastic feat of engineering. Nintendo can't keep them in stock, either!

Mario Kart comes out this week, and I'm buying it again despite already owning it on WiiU. MK8 rocks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I love my switch, and Zelda is incredible. I'm only a few hours in, but the depth of Zelda blows me away.

At first I felt like it slogged in pace due to coming off of Horizon, but now the game started to pick up.

The Switch exists as a fantastic feat of engineering. Nintendo can't keep them in stock, either!

Mario Kart comes out this week, and I'm buying it again despite already owning it on WiiU. MK8 rocks.

Zelda BOTW is easily one of my favorite games of all time. I just finished it a few weeks back after 70 hours of gameplay. I haven't played a Zelda game since the 8-bit and 16-bit days and this game blew past any exceptions I had. Phenomenal game.

The Switch itself has also been great and has really renewed my gaming experience. Being able to play console level games anywhere has been huge now that I have kids. I bought an extra dock as well so i can play on our basement tv or our living room tv.

Eat it Phil...
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Call of Duty is going back to the wwII era.

Star Wars Battlefront II will also be out later this year. I'm tempted because it is Star Wars. But it's also EA. After the garbage the last one turned out being(even for the $25 I paid for it) I'll at least wait until it's on sale.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
O
Legend
Legend
O
One game I haven't heard much about is Shadow of War (sequel to Shadow of Mordor, the LoTR spinoff brawler based on the combat from the recent Batman (Arkham) games.

I loved the first Shadow of Mordor. It was a great game, and the whole thing with the different orc officers that was constantly changing was really cool and creative. The end sucked, but oh well.

-PrplPplEater
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Just purchased Madden 17 off the Playstation store. I thin they have an online special going this weekend because of the NFL draft, game was going for around 25 dollars. Normally I'm so busy I don't have time to play much anymore but I heard this edition of the game is supposed to be pretty good, so I'm excited about it. Love playing as the Browns in franchise mode.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Zelda is a time sink. I put at least 6 hours into it so far during this weekend.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Just purchased Madden 17 off the Playstation store. I thin they have an online special going this weekend because of the NFL draft, game was going for around 25 dollars. Normally I'm so busy I don't have time to play much anymore but I heard this edition of the game is supposed to be pretty good, so I'm excited about it. Love playing as the Browns in franchise mode.

I like it. the stuff outside of actually playing football is pretty good. Drafting players was fun. I think this Madden is more challenging than the last few.

I got NHL 17 recently. Loving it so far. I like to create my guy and see how many goals and penalty minutes he can stack up.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Squires
Call of Duty is going back to the wwII era.

nanner nanner nanner nanner

So excited.

I don't really like the super-jumping, jet-packing and wall-walking aspects of the recent FPS's. It will be fun to play a basic FPS (online and off).

I did recently finish Doom. Not bad for $20.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is amazing. Go buy it, and go buy a Switch!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is amazing. Go buy it, and go buy a Switch!

I own it on WiiU. Loved the game though. I'm gonna buy Zelda for WiiU as well. We'll see what other games come out for Switch.

Splatoon1 had potential but there was no main story and not enough variety in terms of levels in the internet play. So I'm very unsure of Splatoon 2.

Besides, Zelda, Mario Kart, and Splatoon 2, is there anything else out? Mario comes out in December, but I don't see myself buying a system for one single game.

I got fooled on this with the WiiU. There just weren't enough games. Bought the thing in like 2013 or 2014 with Zelda in mind and waited until Spring 2017 for Zelda to ever come out, and then I was stuck feeling pressured to buy another Nintendo System. So I'm not going to fall for this.

I'm going to buy Zelda for my WiiU, like I always planned on, enjoy that, and wait for more games to come out on the Switch before I make the commitment to buy another Nintendo Product.

I always have this feeling in the back of my mind that Zelda got pushed back because of the Switch, and that really pisses me off. The game was supposed to come out in Early 2015. It was delayed two years. I felt totally duped on buying my system. I wanted Mario Kart, Zelda, and I assumed a real Mario game woudl come out. Not Mario 3D World, and not a 2D Platforming Mario. Basically, the Mario that is supposed to be coming out this Holiday on the Switch.

There's just some bitterness that I have to get over with when it comes to Nintendo before I buy the Switch.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bought Zelda yesterday for the WiiU. I was playing Twilight Princess HD and it just wasn't do it for me, so i bought Breath of The Wild.

So far, about 3 hours of play probably, I'm enjoying it. But I dunno if I'd call it the game of the year or anything. I'm not enjoying it like I enjoyed many of my favorite games from the start (Skyrim, Fallout, MGS: 5, Mass Effect, and many more)

Who knows though, maybe it'll catch on with me. Otherwise, there's still a big list of games to play after. Mainly Horizon and MassEffect: Andromeda (although i'm nervous about that one)

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 05/11/17 10:12 AM.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I was out by the plaza today riding the motorcycle and just had an impulse ordeal and I went into Walmart and bought Wildlands. Straight cash money (just kidding I used my card haha.)

So far, it doesn't look the skills you can unlock are really any good. The play is exactly like The Division though so. We'll see after I put some time in, the map looks quite enormous.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Laying in bed and playing MarioKart 8 on the switch is amazing.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
So I've played some Wildlands and yeah... just not getting into it much. Had some time the other day and I played Battlefront instead.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Started playing Shadow of Mordor this week. Really fun awesome game. Even better that I found it for like 14 bucks on Amazon.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Started playing Shadow of Mordor this week. Really fun awesome game. Even better that I found it for like 14 bucks on Amazon.

Yeah, that was a fun one. Can't wait for the new one to release!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Laying in bed and playing MarioKart 8 on the switch is amazing.

lol, if you had your WiiU close enough to your bed, you could do that too ya know.

I think the range is something like 30 feet or something like that. I was able to do it.

I wake up earlier than the wife on weekends, so the morning is when I get to play games. She always would be upset to wake up and not see me there, so I decided to play WiiU in bed. She got sick of that real quick when I wouldn't stop moving, etc. She said she was over it and if i was gonna play videogames, i could go to the couch, lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

Yeah, that was a fun one. Can't wait for the new one to release!!

That was def a fun one. Not enough replay though IMO. Good deal for like 15$ though. I did the Gamestop, buy pre-owned, beat in a week, and return for full refund move on Shadows Of Mordor.

Loved killing the like Clan Leaders or whatever they were. Def liked it more than batman, although the new batman was kind of cool because of the batmobile

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The resolution of the screen is amazing. A 720p screen blows a 480p screen out of the water. The colors show a bit more vibrant, and the screen shows a much bigger image.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The resolution of the screen is amazing. A 720p screen blows a 480p screen out of the water. The colors show a bit more vibrant, and the screen shows a much bigger image.

Oh, agreed. I'm just saying, i've had that game since it launched in 2014.

I was fooled by Nintendo on the WiiU. I'm just starting to feel some value for the thing with Zelda.

No third party games and Nintendo charging big bucks for 2D Platformers just rubbed me the wrong way. Eventually they made teh "Nintendo Selects" stuff, but they're still charging 45$ for Smash Brothers on WiiU. And 50$ for old Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (which isn't that HD at all). They never lowered the price of the WiiU neither.

Mario Kart 8 is one of the only games on that system I really felt was worth it (until Zelda came out).

I'm just gonna take my time and be absolutely sure before I jump onboard with the Switch. Maybe the new Mario will win me over. But i've already played a ton of Mario Kart 8, and Splatoon 1 had potential but, like Nintendo does, underachieved due to lack of options and no real single player mode. Tough for me to risk it for Splatoon 2

Guess I'm just being salty though. I do hope you enjoy your system. I probably should get one because it would make so much sense with my job, I'm just still bitter at Nintendo and told myself about a year ago that I wouldn't buy another Nintendo System (and hence I'm being stubborn).

EDIT: Over three years later, and I just checked Amazon, Mario Kart 8 is still 48$ on WiiU, sold by Amazon (so it's not a third party). Xenoblade Chronicles X is 45$ and that's a year and a half old. I buy new releases on Amazon for 48$......... All this time later and they never drop the prices of games. That kind of stuff just pisses me off with a system that brought no third party support. Uncharted 4 is 30$, that one came out a year ago. Halo 5, 21$. Gears of War 4, 27$. It just makes you bitter when you buy a system for only first party games, and Nintendo never ever lowers the prices it seems, while SONY and Microsoft do

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 06/05/17 02:21 AM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As someone who owns the Wii U and the Switch and actually really liked the Wii U (obviously would have liked it more with a longer life cycle and 3rd party help) the 2 can't be compared, the Switch is flat out amazing. I know the jury is still out when it comes to 3rd party support and don't blame you for being salty about the Wii U but the Switch is fantastic and truly blows the Wii U out of the water (not saying much I know).

I personally am going to have a hard time going back to the PS4 and being locked into one spot to play my games. I have 2 docks with the switch and obviously handheld mode and it has changed the way I get to play vids now with a wife and kids for the better.

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
As someone who owns the Wii U and the Switch and actually really liked the Wii U (obviously would have liked it more with a longer life cycle and 3rd party help) the 2 can't be compared, the Switch is flat out amazing. I know the jury is still out when it comes to 3rd party support and don't blame you for being salty about the Wii U but the Switch is fantastic and truly blows the Wii U out of the water (not saying much I know).

I personally am going to have a hard time going back to the PS4 and being locked into one spot to play my games. I have 2 docks with the switch and obviously handheld mode and it has changed the way I get to play vids now with a wife and kids for the better.

That's good to hear.

I'll probably get teh Switch, I just felt so screwed over by Nintendo with the WiiU. I dunno if it's their business model or what, I just felt conned on the whole thing. Especially with how Zelda was delayed soooo long, so long in fact that it launched with the Switch.

But, I've got an XboxOne, a PS4, a 2DS, used to have a Vita (sold it for the 2DS), a Wii, and Xbox360,PS3, PS2, Xbox, and so on, lol.

I imagine at some point I'll buy the thing. Seems to just be a pattern that I buy all the systems

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hear ya, that's how I am, I have more video games and systems than I do time. I just bought an Atari 2600 woody last week that came in yesterday so hoping to get into that this week.

Eat it Phil...
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll eventually get the Switch, but not until they get through the first generation and maybe a price drop.

I bought a WiiU on the cheap, and made it into a classic game console. WiiU can play just about every single Zelda game since #1.

-PrplPplEater
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
steam summer sale has started.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Any golf gamers in here? Just picked up The Golf Club 2 (PS4). It's been a good 6 years probably since I've had a golf game, this seems much better than Tiger though, a lot more challenging and realistic than Tiger was.

Eat it Phil...
S
Legend
Legend
S
Started playing Doom this week.

Not disappointed. I really hope they make another one.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Splatoon 2 is awesome.

Legend
Legend
Is it worth it to spend let's say 200$ just to play The Show?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard