Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Legend
Legend
P
Like I said earlier I love watching this Defense and if Kizer learns from his mistakes like throwing the ball away instead of taking sacks we will have a good season ... I am proud of the way they played and I am looking forward to next Sunday thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD
5 personal fouls on the Steelers today and 4 of those were helmet shots.

Maybe Williams needs to take a page out of his old playbook.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Knight
With a receiving corp like the one we have I would put Gordan back on the field in a heartbeat.

Oh I don't disagree, I'm 100% starting him when he's eligible, I just wonder what he really has to offer.

Probably more than Kenny Britt.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Lots of things stood out to me, but have already been mentioned. I was waiting all game for their LG to be flagged as he was never set prior to the snap...no flag!

I noticed that as well. Maybe he doesn't have to set before a certain time. I dunno what the rule is there, 32.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Quite honestly, the Steelers probably felt like they played pretty poorly ... Bell looked bad and out of shape. Brown bailed them out. They kill themselves with penalties (yes, all were deserved) ... they won basically because a blocked punt and Antonio Brown.

I was happy with our defense ... much improved. Our o will be up and down, but Kizer showed some promise.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
The Steelers are a dirty team. I love how much the league caters to them. The refs did not want to make that call on the blatent helmet to helmet hit on Ricardo Luis. They had to get together to make it right. The guy in the last row of the nosebleeds saw that as dirty.

I have a friend who is a steelers fan and they texted about the BS calls on those helmet to helmet flags. My replay started with: I know you guys aren't use to having those called against you ....

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
All Pro
All Pro
How much of that was the Browns playing great or the Steelers playing poorly....honestly probably somewhere in the middle.

I was not happy with the Steelers offense or its gameplan. No one not named Antonio Brown did a thing today. I can only hope this is a product of the starters not doing a thing during the preseason. They looked horrible.

BUT was it because your Browns defense looked like a fast and angry group out there. I was really surprised by the team speed on your D. Definitely looks like an improved group out there.

I liked Kizer coming out...and he did not disappoint in his first start. Hard to grade a QB after 4 quarters...but honestly he looked like the best player on the field for your Offense...thats a good sign for a rookie QB.

HACK

[Linked Image]
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I wonder what Gordon really has to offer. I remember bringing him back off suspension last time and he was awful. I get that it's now a different coach and system, but you wonder being away from the game for that long in a fast moving league like the NFL and we may have already seen the best of the guy....

https://twitter.com/OfficialAJHawk/status/894689296342503428

I think he will be a beast if he comes back with us.

D
1st String
1st String
D
Originally Posted By: SteelHack
How much of that was the Browns playing great or the Steelers playing poorly....honestly probably somewhere in the middle.

I was not happy with the Steelers offense or its gameplan. No one not named Antonio Brown did a thing today. I can only hope this is a product of the starters not doing a thing during the preseason. They looked horrible.

BUT was it because your Browns defense looked like a fast and angry group out there. I was really surprised by the team speed on your D. Definitely looks like an improved group out there.

I liked Kizer coming out...and he did not disappoint in his first start. Hard to grade a QB after 4 quarters...but honestly he looked like the best player on the field for your Offense...thats a good sign for a rookie QB.

HACK

Thanks for you honest analysis Hack.

Just the dawg in me..........
D
Legend
Legend
D
Special teams let is down today. Shocked to get any momentum started really after an ugly start like that. Better not see blocked kicks anymore, tell you that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1st time in a long time that I could go outside after a game wearing my Browns stuff and not feel a little embarrassed. (I live in Charlotte NC)

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lots of things stood out to me, but have already been mentioned. I was waiting all game for their LG to be flagged as he was never set prior to the snap...no flag!
I thought I was the only one who saw that

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Another thought:

10 years ago the Steelers played the Browns in Cleveland week 1. Browns first possession was a 3-n-out, followed by a blocked punt. Steelers won that game.

Browns went 10-6 that year and didn't lose another home game.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: kingodawg

Eh, I bet more people noticed it than you think. I did. Apparently it wasn't a penalty.........how not, I don't know, but I guess it wasn't.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I'm encouraged. Kizer showed pocket presence. He moved the ball and scored. Defense only allowed 14 points and contained Bell. Get rid of the blocked punt and you have a different game. We wouldn't have needed to go for 2...17-14. Steelers would have either scored in final minute drive or forced to kick FG to tie the game and we take them into OT. OR, we end up winning 17-14.

Not bad for a 1-15/young team going head to head against a playoff team.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Yea, that drop was a chuck your beer over the shoulder moment.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K

Their dirt bags, I'm glad Coleman popped up on the last one and the db had his bell rang for delivering the shot.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Yea, that drop was a chuck your beer over the shoulder moment.

You see that a lot with rookies who get a little bit excited over the possibility of big yards after the catch, but no vet should drop a pass like that.

Legend
Legend
another thought: Kenny Britt's drop was pretty sad

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Ohh yes...2007... Charlie Frye was replaced by Derek Anderson. I sure hope this year is as fun as that one.

I was very impressed with Kizer. He looked comfortable and in command. He is very impressive inside the pocket the first 3-4 seconds, then he needs to get better as he loses control after that and take too many sacks.

This looks like a very good year for Browns fans.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
I wonder what Gordon really has to offer. I remember bringing him back off suspension last time and he was awful. I get that it's now a different coach and system, but you wonder being away from the game for that long in a fast moving league like the NFL and we may have already seen the best of the guy....

Of course, every player can sit for years and then come right back as if they never left. And Meathead is the greatest WR of all time. He's coming back to SAVE us. *snicker* IF he ever gets it together long enough to get reinstated it won't be for long. First chance he gets he will spark up a doobie and be out again. It is his nature to be a loser. There is NO reason to think he will EVER get it together. He's had chance after chance after chance after chance..... More chances than any meathead deserves. He is not some savior returning from exile in triumph. He's the dumbest idiot on the planet and a born loser.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: The Big G
Defense held them to 14 points. Should've been enough. OL allowed seven sacks and there was no running game. Thought OL was fixed, but it was the problem.

The difference in the game.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
You know what my thoughts are?

The steelers ran that ball 17 times....for 35 yards.

That alone has me hyped up for the season.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Another thought:

10 years ago the Steelers played the Browns in Cleveland week 1. Browns first possession was a 3-n-out, followed by a blocked punt. Steelers won that game.

Browns went 10-6 that year and didn't lose another home game.

Thanks for the memories.

[Linked Image]

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

I saw that Ramon Foster was receiving calls from big ben...then I saw him slap pouncey on the leg to snap it...maybe he pointed at him but it looked odd

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I saw a defense that doesn't give up. They stopped the run,but AB is a freak.

I thought Kizer looked okay, but he had two guys open deep and overthrew them. Most of the sacks are on him, I thought the line played decent, and will get better with time. Bitonio is just coming back, and we have two, actually three new lineman starting.

Britt's drop was huge. It was a momentum killer. I believe if he makes that catch, the game changes.

The Steelers defense is good. I doubt many teams can run on them. Shazier is a dirty player. I was surprised we moved the ball at all.

Peppers is going to be a factor. They were afraid to kick to him.

Also, Haden did not look that good.

I saw a game that was lost on a blocked punt for a score.

All in all, the team looked better, and I truly believe Kiser will get better with more time.

I like our chances against Baltimore.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Leveon Bell sat out all training camp...i think that had a major effect on his play but we were crashing towards him...but he did get the runs near the end when he needed that first down...but way better than the 200 yards we gave up last year

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Their dirt bags, I'm glad Coleman popped up on the last one and the db had his bell rang for delivering the shot.

It makes you wonder if Harrison is coaching their defense.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Imagine if we had Antonio Brown...i pray we can get some weapons in here fast...Bevause our TE and WR core are below even average

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Worse...joey porter

Last edited by tru_dawgs; 09/10/17 05:36 PM.
Legend
Legend
I know people like trashing Haden on here, but I have to wonder if some of these passes Ben made would've been broken up if Haden was here.

Such as atonio brown catching over 3 defenders.

Our secondary got torched, and that was 99 percent from brown and 1 percent from Jesse James.

I would like to see more pressure dialed up, Big Ben had too much time.

But again, the run defense was beyond dominant. The only player in the secondary that had a solid game was kindred. That was good by the way because I was worried SS would be a weakness, but he held his own.

Crow had a trash game. Couldn't run, couldn't pass protect.

Our OL needs some more chemistry, but I thought they pass protected well as most sacks was on Kizer.

However, Kizer held the ball because Coleman was the only guy getting open on a semi regular basis.

Britt is trash, should've tagged Pryor. Devalve had a decent game against some good LBs.

And I like he potential of Kizer. He missed 2 down field throws but man I'm glad we finally got a guy willing to throw it, and can MAKE the throw. Can't stack the box with a guy like him.

I want to see more dayes. And Duke is definitely a weapon in the slot.

I'm excited to see us against the ravens.

Last edited by Swish; 09/10/17 05:43 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Defense held them to 14 points. Should've been enough. OL allowed seven sacks and there was no running game. Thought OL was fixed, but it was the problem.

I don't think the OL was an issue at all.

On passes, Kizer held the ball too long to many times.

On runs, the Browns just don't execute. Part of it is the play calling...the run calls are too predictable. Part of it is the disjointed offense and not completing enough passes. The absence of the passing threat is going to cause the opponent to sell out for the run. We've seen that movie many times before. Crow also did not look good today. Slow to hit the hole and showed his trademark lack of balance.

I don't understand Hue's play calling at all.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs

I saw that Ramon Foster was receiving calls from big ben...then I saw him slap pouncey on the leg to snap it...maybe he pointed at him but it looked odd

They do that every away game to combat the noise. Foster waits of for Ben to give the signal, then turns and slaps Pouncey....the snap count still changes...but its so Foster can look right at Ben to get signals.

HACK

[Linked Image]
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Worse...joey porter

They are and institution of dirtbags taught to hit with the crown of the helmet, just like Shazier led with the helmet against Kizer when he slid. And lets not forget when he took Bernards head off with the crown of his helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxNJ7h3-suU

All Pro
All Pro
Also I was very happy with Haden for week 1. He got beat a couple of times...but it looked like the safety help over the top was late getting there and Haden was in the right spot. I know Kizer froze the safety one time with his eyes and a pump fake.

Haden got a sack off the corner. For only being in town a week I was pleased.

HACK

[Linked Image]
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

Of course, every player can sit for years and then come right back as if they never left. And Meathead is the greatest WR of all time. He's coming back to SAVE us. *snicker* IF he ever gets it together long enough to get reinstated it won't be for long. First chance he gets he will spark up a doobie and be out again. It is his nature to be a loser. There is NO reason to think he will EVER get it together. He's had chance after chance after chance after chance..... More chances than any meathead deserves. He is not some savior returning from exile in triumph. He's the dumbest idiot on the planet and a born loser.

wow thats harsh. I don't think Josh is a loser, he just hasn't been around enough winners in his life. Ya know people make mistakes sometimes, folks can sometimes have things happen in their life that makes them weak and go back to something they normally wouldn't. Beating an addiction is more about circumstances and timing more then anything else.

I think Josh is past all his problems. He hasn't failed an NFL drug test in over a year, he is doing everything the NFL has asked him to do. I think he comes back better then ever.

And yes, Gordon is talented enough to step in day one and be one of the best WR in the NFL, Gordon hasn't forgotten how to play football, its in his DNA. In terms of God given talent on Megatron was maybe better. Gordon just hit a huge block in the road.

He is only 26 years old, he has plenty of good years left in him, and they should be here in cleveland.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I would rather give Gordon his 10th chance than keep Britt. Someone called Britt Bowe 2.0. Perfect.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

The line didn't allow 7 sacks, maybe a couple I remember Tretter getting blown up on one. Kizer needs to learn to get rid of the ball, he tries to make too much happen but I think he will learn he didn't do bad for his rookie start. The running game, not sure. I think Crow lacks power, he can break some good runs but just seems to go down too easy when he makes contact.

D
Legend
Legend
D

A couple of those deserved ejections, especially the one on Coleman at the goal line. A 15-yd penalty after a TD is really no deterrent at all, when its assessed on the following kickoff.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I would like to add, that our running game, IMO, is not as bad as it looked today. Pittsburgh is a hard defense to run on, I think that was the problem more than anything.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 18 Steelers 21 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard