Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1316468 09/17/17 02:33 PM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
1.) Our defense stops them and Baltimore makes a stupid decision to try a 58 yard field goal. They miss, we profit and get a decent drive going... 40 seconds left we get past midfield and the clock is ticking. We have 2 timeouts to use. I'm screaming "CALL A TIMEOUT" over and over. - You would think, with a young inexperienced quarterback who didn't start, who is playing well, shouldn't be rushed when he's in field goal range. He should be able to call a freaking timeout, discuss a strategy with his coach, calm his nerves, etc. Instead this idiot of a coach has this young team hurry to the line, it's no surprise that one of these young players jumps offsides with the clock running down to 29 seconds, and there we were... Instead of 40 seconds on the clock with the ball around their 40 yard line and 1 timeout we went to 29 seconds on the clock with the ball on their 45 yard line and one timeout. The young qb is now frustrated, not focused and of course throws a pick. -- Now Baltimore is certain to get their field goal that they missed less than 30 seconds earlier and even worse, given time and downs to score a touchdown. - Which they of course do. Hugh Jackson has demonstrated that he knows a thing or two about offense, but at this point he is hurting our team.
2.) He hugged one of their players in the middle of the game as we were losing 14-0. I MEAN FOR REAL! ??! What kind of garbage example is this man setting to our players. COULD ANY OF YOU IMAGINE John Harbaugh or Mike Tomlin hugging one of our players while losing 14-0. I mean seriously!

R
Legend
Legend
R
I didn't like the hug, but Hue should be given a lot more time.

Changing coaches is not the answer.

E
Legend
Legend
E
We just need an OC.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Calm down and have another beer. It's Week 2. The coach isn't going anywhere. The QB and his migraine are young. It's the first road game for these guys. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You can't fix stupid!!! We have fired coach after coach. GM after GM. How has that worked out for us?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
We are the youngest team in the NFL, you can see a change in the talent level, but this will take a little time, firing the coach after 2 years just puts us farther behind ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can live with Hue for another year or two , BUT I want an OC !

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

Last edited by slick; 09/17/17 03:04 PM.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Furthermore, why didn't Hue throw the challenge flag on the Duke Johnson touchdown? I guess he figured our rookie qb would have no problem punching it in... I mean, the guy threw a challenge flag last week on a far riskier replay and cost us 2 crucial timeouts in the process - he might be the worst hc we've had here since Pat Shurmur Honestly.

Also, How nice must it be to be a steelers or ravens fan, knowing that year in and year out you get to play the biggest laughingstock in football. I mean the stupidity that goes along with this team is never-ending. We're 0-2 and the best we can hope for this year is 2-3 wins. Have a nice season watching this joke. This is the last game I'll watch this year.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Not throwing the challenge flag on Dukes run after all the other stuff he challenges is pretty egregious.

He's growing like the rest of the team. Gotta live with those mistakes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Stay the course. Keep evaluating your QB'S determining if you need to draft one.

If anything an O coordinator could be considered.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
" considered "

Demanded !

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Stay the course. Keep evaluating your QB'S determining if you need to draft one.

Agreed

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
We are the youngest team in the NFL, you can see a change in the talent level, but this will take a little time, firing the coach after 2 years just puts us farther behind ... JMHO

Hasn't even been two years yet.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt

We have a great O coordinator. We need a head coach. The constant delay of games, the garbage discipline, hugging Lee Suggs. - Dude needs to go.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Lee Suggs played today? Lord mercy, talk about a comeback! wink

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think that is the problem. Hue has to focus so much on play calling that he can't pay attention to the big picture. I am sure that there is a coach assigned to looking at that and suggesting things but either that guy needs to be replaced, the communication process needs to be fixed or this guy doesn't exist and Hue is trying to do too much on his own.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Jester #1317053 09/17/17 04:59 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

That took long. rofl

See my sig.

Legend
Legend
I'm not for any changes in the future. Just let Hue do it. Let Kizer keep learning. Today was a ROUGH day. But we've had those before. Let's hope it gets better.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: RememberMuni
1.) Our defense stops them and Baltimore makes a stupid decision to try a 58 yard field goal. They miss, we profit and get a decent drive going... 40 seconds left we get past midfield and the clock is ticking. We have 2 timeouts to use. I'm screaming "CALL A TIMEOUT" over and over. - You would think, with a young inexperienced quarterback who didn't start, who is playing well, shouldn't be rushed when he's in field goal range. He should be able to call a freaking timeout, discuss a strategy with his coach, calm his nerves, etc. Instead this idiot of a coach has this young team hurry to the line, it's no surprise that one of these young players jumps offsides with the clock running down to 29 seconds, and there we were... Instead of 40 seconds on the clock with the ball around their 40 yard line and 1 timeout we went to 29 seconds on the clock with the ball on their 45 yard line and one timeout. The young qb is now frustrated, not focused and of course throws a pick. -- Now Baltimore is certain to get their field goal that they missed less than 30 seconds earlier and even worse, given time and downs to score a touchdown. - Which they of course do. Hugh Jackson has demonstrated that he knows a thing or two about offense, but at this point he is hurting our team.
2.) He hugged one of their players in the middle of the game as we were losing 14-0. I MEAN FOR REAL! ??! What kind of garbage example is this man setting to our players. COULD ANY OF YOU IMAGINE John Harbaugh or Mike Tomlin hugging one of our players while losing 14-0. I mean seriously!

Worst. Post. Ever.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am getting close, this guy keeps making stupid decisions.

Add in we need a new offensive coordinator, and we need to questions Hues love afair with Kizer? Hogan was moving the team and scoring points after the "Kiz" left with a headache.

A headache, are you kidding me???

The "Kiz" only came back after he saw Hogan moving the team.

A headache??? Are you kidding me?? LOL

Coach....I have a headache.....seriously, is that a wimp or what? A friggen headache....

Bench him....he sucks

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Add in we need a new offensive coordinator, and we need to questions Hues love afair with Kizer? Hogan was moving the team and scoring points after the "Kiz" left with a headache.

Coach....I have a headache.....seriously, is that a wimp or what? A friggen headache....

Bench him....he sucks

Even Worse. Post. Ever.

GO ROCKETS
O
Legend
Legend
O
Definitely don't fire him but get him an OC. And buy some stickum!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Legend
Legend
R
"When the fans booed me, it really hurt my psyche."

Legend
Legend
Ask Terrelle Davis, who went into a game with a migraine, even though he couldn't see anything about "headaches"

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: bigdatut
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Bench him....he sucks

Even Worse. Post. Ever.

Sorry man, that doesn't even make sense. What are you trying to say? Give it a second try.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Keep this coach. Cut Britt. Hogan.

Kizer is a turnover factory.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Oh great one, you who elevates yourself and has a much higher intellect than those you choose to judge. Please enlighten us oh great one. Why are mine and 'Peen's post not keeping in your standards of high quality posts?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue could have stayed with Hogan and saved face as a migraine would be a viable excuse to use to keep the kid on the bench.

Legend
Legend
Kizer sure looks like an inaccurate and overrated starter.

I keep wondering if Kizer equals Kessler the Inactive V. 2. Overrated, underprepared IMO.
I expect reasonable mistakes while learning. Worse this week by far. Now we argue who is the worst. QB controversy of the worst kind.

Get an OC. This cluster of mistakes is beyond learning curve. Kizer sits.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Because it's Week friggin' 2 of the season, to comment any further would simply be a waste of key strokes.

And then for a grown man to mock any kind of pain someone else is dealing with is even worse - hence, "Even worse" post ever.

And please, cool it with the snarky name calling.

GO ROCKETS
V
Legend
Legend
V
And if Hue had stayed w/Hogan [after it was already announced that Kize was cleared to return] and we got our butts handed to us...............people would be screaming about how could Hue ruin his rookie QBs confidence and how he was ruining the kid.

I wanted Hogan to stay in because the team moved the ball better w/him. He doesn't hold the ball forever like Kize does. However, no way could Hue do that. He had to return to Kize.

Some of us [guys like Deputy and me] recognized the dangers of naming Kize the starter during preseason. They pretty much have to roll w/him now.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Bard, you are very cool............but this loss had ZERO to do w/not having an OC. ZERO!

B
Legend
Legend
B
I saw it as well. The guy isn't ready, Hogan is.

Bad choice by the coach.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I agree with you that it's only week 2 however, we were lucky to win ONE game last year and lost a couple on account of bad coaching. With a better head coach, we could be 2-0 right now, certainly 1-1. Based on the idiocy I saw today, my patience is gone. If we're 4-2 in about a month, you have my permission to recall this post and shove it in my face. Now don't go calling this the "3rd worst post ever".

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I said it in preseason too, let DK sit awhile he's too young. Let him sit until mid-season or so and learn then ease him in for the 2nd half. I still believe he can be our QB of the future it will just take time. Also, there is no need to fire Hue. He's got growing pains too and is learning along with his players. Patience.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

That took long. rofl

See my sig.

Well in fairness, it's just one guy Vers, the thread creator. The overwhelming amount of posts that followed are in favour of Hue continuity.

In any demographic of people, you are gonna get muppet behaviour. I'm only surprised i didn't see this thread last season wink

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: bigdatut
Because it's Week friggin' 2 of the season,

People probably said this last year too and we all know how that turned out.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No benefit to firing a coach two games into the season..... At least let him play it out.

I have been thinking about how I'd like us to get an offensive coordinator though. Not necessarily one calling plays, but at least someone in charge of the offense. I was thinking that when I saw the Bengals O-Coordinator get fired. Hue's gotta know someone though.

As for Kizer. It's one bad game. And you couldn't just keep playing Hogan. Kizer said he could play, then he has to play. Better or worse. Hue committed to him at the beginning of the season, and you don't want to wreck Kizer's confidence by taking away his job after a few series. He said that we were sticking with Kizer. Hasn't changed course.

Let's see how things look next week........

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 09/17/17 06:30 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Ravens 24 FIRE THIS COACH

Link Copied to Clipboard