Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
I can't think of anything the Browns should do less. If they ever want to have a winning season any time soon that is. That strategy has been tried about 12 times over already. It is a surefire recipe for failure.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 09/17/17 07:10 PM.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Squires
Originally Posted By: bigdatut
Because it's Week friggin' 2 of the season,

People probably said this last year too and we all know how that turned out.

Not even close to compareable.

This thread is stupid

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Week 2.. is this a record?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
no, i said fire pat shurmur at his opening press conference smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Ask Terrelle Davis, who went into a game with a migraine, even though he couldn't see anything about "headaches"

Why ask him? I don't care about him. I couldn't care less to be honest.

I care about the fact our QB took himself out of the game. Hue didn't look at him and say. "Hey Bro, I can tell you have a headache".

Kizer's a wimp. I don't need to see any more.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I try to forget about Mr. 'We Battled.'

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I try to forget about Mr. 'We Battled.'
brownie

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

For reference....

Percy Harvin: On August 19, 2010, he passed out during practice due to a migraine attack and was taken to a local hospital in an ambulance.

Link

Reports: Ohio State QB Cardale Jones taken to hospital with migraine

Link

‘You Can’t Put Ice Over a Migraine,’ a Lurking Malady in the N.F.L.

Article

Kubiak, 55, was taken to a hospital by ambulance Sunday because of flu symptoms after the Broncos’ 23-16 loss to the Atlanta Falcons at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. He was hospitalized overnight and was diagnosed with “a complex migraine condition that caused extreme fatigue and body weakness,”

Article

No concussion, but DeShone Kizer has migraine history

Article

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Ask Terrelle Davis, who went into a game with a migraine, even though he couldn't see anything about "headaches"

Why ask him? I don't care about him. I couldn't care less to be honest.

I care about the fact our QB took himself out of the game. Hue didn't look at him and say. "Hey Bro, I can tell you have a headache".

Coach said he took him out

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: RememberMuni
Furthermore, why didn't Hue throw the challenge flag on the Duke Johnson touchdown? I guess he figured our rookie qb would have no problem punching it in... I mean, the guy threw a challenge flag last week on a far riskier replay and cost us 2 crucial timeouts in the process - he might be the worst hc we've had here since Pat Shurmur Honestly.

Also, How nice must it be to be a steelers or ravens fan, knowing that year in and year out you get to play the biggest laughingstock in football. I mean the stupidity that goes along with this team is never-ending. We're 0-2 and the best we can hope for this year is 2-3 wins. Have a nice season watching this joke. This is the last game I'll watch this year.

On Johnson's run, the Ravens called a timeout. There was plenty of time to review replay and throw the flag but none of the views showed his outside foot, so the call would have stood.

B
Legend
Legend
B
In the end, sure, the coach takes him out.

I didn't know Kizer had a history of migrains.....great.

I thought migrains lasted a long time? Maybe someone who suffers from them can fill me in. He was out maybe 2 series, the 2 series where we actually scored points.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
LOL, OCD! I am just remembering the stickum scene in the movie The Replacements. That was funny. Thanks for the grins; you get an assist.

I really want to know: Have we run analytics on Coach J? His game handling stinks fairly regularly. I see a lot of learning mentioned, but I don't see learning. We looked worse this week, and the Rats aren't vastly superior.

Just aggravated I am.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
In the end, sure, the coach takes him out.

I didn't know Kizer had a history of migrains.....great.

I thought migrains lasted a long time? Maybe someone who suffers from them can fill me in. He was out maybe 2 series, the 2 series where we actuaglly scored points.

Migraines are pretty awful. I get blurred vision, nausea, and it's hard to concentrate at all. Physical exertion makes them much worse for me. Luckily I don't get them often.

Kizer was out a while given that he missed at least most of the 2nd and part of the third. I'm guessing they have him some IV fluids and pain killers. That may be why he came back.

Legend
Legend
I suffer from cluster headaches, which are not exactly what Kizer claimed to have, but the same symptoms.

Anyways, they can last for as little as 30-90 minutes ... so there is a chance Kizer's symptoms did subside, especially with the aid of medication (I'm sure they have access to the best/fastest working).

When I get a severe headache it pretty much knocks you down ... wanting to throw up, sleep, or even die. IF that's what he was feeling, then by no means can he play effectively or at all.

D
Legend
Legend
D
My sis in law gets them 3 - 5 times a month. They usually last 8 - 24 hours ... she lays down in complete quiet with her eyes closed ...

Sometimes she can feel them coming on and takes pills and stays still and quiet for 30 mins she's fine ...

Maybe thats what happend ... who really knows, the human body is so complex and were all just slightly different ... who knows ...

I feel bad for the kid ...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
My sis in law gets them 3 - 5 times a month. They usually last 8 - 24 hours ... she lays down in complete quiet with her eyes closed ...

Sometimes she can feel them coming on and takes pills and stays still and quiet for 30 mins she's fine ...

Maybe thats what happend ... who really knows, the human body is so complex and were all just slightly different ... who knows ...

I feel bad for the kid ...

I'd like to add...I've had migraines as well. Bad ones. Completely debilitating. I used to get a few with aura, which essentially created a huge blind spot in one of my eyes. It was really weird. I started reading something and then all of a sudden, I couldn't read the words on the page. After that, worst headache ever came.

They can be legit.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I know they are legit. I just thought they lasted a long time. Not 30 minutes.

I guess I am lucky. I would get a headache now and then as a kid, but it's probably been 50 years since I have had one.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Don't knock DK for taking himself out. If he had a migraine, and I believe he did, he could not have played. My father got them and they are awful to deal with. Debilitating is the word.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not advocating firing him, but maybe it's time to bring in an OC and let him extend his focus to the entire team and to the game on all sides when the offense is, or isn't playing.

We're so bad right now.

Let's be real... Hogan gave us a chance and was stripped away by it.

Legend
Legend

This is the type of knee jerk reaction I expected.

These types of games are going to happen with a rookie quarterback and a young team.

What is important is to see how they react.

Once this team was handed over to Kizer to lead; you have to accept that games like this will happen.

This team should improve as weeks goes by.

If you don't see that then we have a problem. This year is part of a process.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mine I get a shimmering light that starts covering part of my field of vision. It continues to grow, this is before any headache begins. Take meds quickly drink gatoriade and I can avoid most of the pain.

Problem is, it takes a few hours before I get through the nausea, eyes clean, and pain stops but even after that, the brain doesn't process like it normally does. Your brain works differently, its slower, you may pickup the tv remote and put it in your pocket instead of your cell phone.

The eyesight and decision making part is really bad for a QB. You gotta process all that's happening and with a migrane, you just aren't doing it. That slow brain process lasts for days afterwards.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Hue has left me scratching my head sometimes.

Young inexperience players, and all the shifts and formations etc. why is Britt still playing and getting time? Where has Kasen Williams been? His play calling and time management is questionable to say the least at times.

HOWEVER - I do not think we can deny that the players seem to love playing for him, and that we are moving in a positive direction under him. I think he BADLY needs to hire an OC to take some of that off his plate.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: bonefish

These types of games are going to happen with a rookie quarterback and a young team.

Once this team was handed over to Kizer to lead; you have to accept that games like this will happen.

Completely agree with this. Kizer came back in the game because he is the STARTING QB. Musical QBs never works, you would think we as fans of this team would understand that by now, but I guess not.

We are def going to have games like this, and probably worse. We just need to stick with Kizer and FOR THE LOVE OF PETE get him some HELP THIS OFFSEASON!

Legend
Legend
To early for such talk....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I know they are legit. I just thought they lasted a long time. Not 30 minutes.

I guess I am lucky. I would get a headache now and then as a kid, but it's probably been 50 years since I have had one.
I have had them last a day or two, and I have then last 30 min to an hour. It just depends. But I can say, there have been times I have missed work they were so bad, and all I do is sit at a desk. Trust me, you cant play football with one.

One time I had one so bad, I was literally hitting my head against a wall. You cant even move other times.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I haven’t had a painful headache since I was drinking maybe ~ 9 years ago. (hangover- which was curable by drinking again and not stopping)

But more recently - the last couple years - I’ve had some severe head pains.

1) A very tough ear ache that radiated to my jaw.
2) A sore throat that sucked wicked all night long. Every swallow was pain (of saliva - maybe every 30 seconds).
3) Dental pain. Not a regular tooth ache. But back molar pain brought on by drinking warm fluids and I drink a potfull of coffee everyday. This was debilitating. For maybe 60 seconds after a swallow of coffee, I could not do anything except wince in intense pain.

And of course thinking about the state of my beloved Browns.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I agree with Muni:

We should contact Tressel, Meyer, Nick Saban, and all of the other superior coaches. All of their squads could beat the Cleveland Browns.

I'm sure even Bernie Kosar could coach Kessler into a HOF QB!

All Pro
All Pro
I have seen nothing, I mean nothing to indicate that Hue is head coach material. He was just a QB coach a few years ago. He shows me absolutely nothing. It was a very dark day when I heard them name him head coach. To me he is just an imposter loving the celebrity status and is way over his head with too much on his plate. Out coached in many games. 1-17 isn't a lie. This guy will never be a winning coach. Just sayin! I'd fire him if we lose to Indy!!!!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Some people have overestimated what a team with so much young talent will accomplish. It's an annual ailment around here that the fans have predicted the outcome based on their hearts and not their heads. As such we end up with emotional threads based not on critical thinking but raw feelings.

Vers called this one and I expected no less.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 09/18/17 01:02 PM.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree these games are going to happen because of our youth and inexperience. Team and coaches need to hang in there and keep fighting and we need to support them. NO one should get fired. We may need to give some players a little more playing time and a couple less IMO.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Lot's of blame being directed at Hue for the team's performance, but I haven't seen anyone question the FO and ownership for the team's performance.

That seems odd...

Look.......losing should have been expected. We blew up the roster. A complete tear-down. The vast majority of posters were okay w/that mindset. Not sure how you can expect better play this soon?

But, people didn't want to hear it when a few of us questioned the plan and how the continuous losing can wear on everyone associated w/the team, including the fan base.

We decided to blow it up. I wouldn't have gone about it that way, but it's in the past. I think the best thing we can do now is give the FO and coaching staff a minimum of 3 full years before even considering their job security. I'd like to see them all get 4-5, but we should at least give them 3.

It's much too early for all of this negative talk.

All Pro
All Pro
It is foolish to think we will ever be good as long as hue is the head coach. He is worse than Mangini, shumer, petine, Davis and Palmer. Don't even think about playoffs with this coach. Sorry to burst your bubbles. Can we beat Indy?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. +1

TONY #1317475 09/18/17 01:21 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: TONY
I have seen nothing, I mean nothing to indicate that Hue is head coach material. He was just a QB coach a few years ago. He shows me absolutely nothing. It was a very dark day when I heard them name him head coach. To me he is just an imposter loving the celebrity status and is way over his head with too much on his plate. Out coached in many games. 1-17 isn't a lie. This guy will never be a winning coach. Just sayin! I'd fire him if we lose to Indy!!!!
You realize he has coached before as a HC right? He was 8-8 with a pretty bad OAK team

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I am getting close, this guy keeps making stupid decisions.

Add in we need a new offensive coordinator, and we need to questions Hues love afair with Kizer? Hogan was moving the team and scoring points after the "Kiz" left with a headache.

A headache, are you kidding me???

The "Kiz" only came back after he saw Hogan moving the team.

A headache??? Are you kidding me?? LOL

Coach....I have a headache.....seriously, is that a wimp or what? A friggen headache....

Bench him....he sucks

It was fairly obvious to me that Kizer suffered a concussion and should not have come back in. A migraine is NOT a headache. A migraine can put you on your knees with the pain and even temporarily make you blind or lose bodily functions. It can humble even the strongest men.

You can tell he was suffering a concussion though because he was scared and jittery after he came back. There was also a VERY noticeable decline in his processing speed which was already slow to begin with. He also was very clearly suffering a loss of depth perception with how bad his throws became.

The fault lies in the Docs not taking his arse out of the game.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
All Pro
All Pro
The FO passed on Tribiky, Wentz, Watson, prescott and Goff. Got rid of key players that could have contributed. The D has potential and can be really good but we are screwed on offense! Kizer is not our guy. Play Hogan or Kessler and draft a QB. Fire Hue! I don't want to fire anybody either but if you will never win with this guy, why torture the fans for 3 more years. I see nothing from hue! Nothing!

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
willi above:

Quote:
You realize he has coached before as a HC right? He was 8-8 with a pretty bad OAK team

And they got worse.

If he had been a good coach, he'd still at Oakland.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
willi above:

Quote:

And they got worse.

If he had been a good coach, he'd still at Oakland.

yep... 1-17 isn't going to keep you a job very long, rebuild or not NFL

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
All Pro
All Pro
I realize that but that doesn't mean he knows what he is doing. He is not even mediocre. Maybe a good Dad and nice guy but not a head coach by any stretch of the imagination. What have you seen that tells you he is the guy? I see nothing whatsoever!!!!!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Ravens 24 FIRE THIS COACH

Link Copied to Clipboard