Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
My post game thoughts are simple:

1. A picture of Hue Jackson needs to be put in the dictionary to describe "QB Career Killer" he has pretty much ruined Deshone Kizer...i'll be very suprised if Kizer ever recovers now....Kizer is 21 year old starting his 4 ever NFL game and our idiot of a coach benches him...THIS is why i wanted the Browns to keep Osweiler. Rookie Qb are going to makes mistakes, thats what they do! Once you go with the rookie you CANT turn back under any circumstances...Jackson is a fool and he is ruining Kizer's career....

2. Our Front Office is a joke...all those draft picks and the only playmaking talent they have to show for it is Garret....Garrett is like the only guy that they have drafted in two years that would start elsewhere...god does this FO suck.

I have seen enough...i was firmly in Jackson's corner until today when he benched his rookie QB in a 3-0 game at half time...guy is clueless...he needs to be fired with the rest of our front office at the end of the year.

this is the WORST Browns roster in history...there isn't a winnable game on the schedule now...they will go 0-16...i'lll predict it...i don't give a damn....there isn't a winnable game on the rest of the schedule...they will get crushed from here on out.

Time to get a new coach and a new front office, we are going no where with these people...these people are worse then Savage, Worse then Romeo, Worst then Chris Palmer FFS...even Palmer won more then a game LOL!!!!!!

this is just pathetic...

E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm pretty sure that gutting the team set us back YEARS. We are worse than an expansion team. I doubt we win any games in the next 2-3 years.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And you know he wasn't involved in the Haden decision how?

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

1. A picture of Hue Jackson needs to be put in the dictionary to describe "QB Career Killer" he has pretty much ruined Deshone Kizer...i'll be very suprised if Kizer ever recovers now....Kizer is 21 year old starting his 4 ever NFL game and our idiot of a coach benches him...THIS is why i wanted the Browns to keep Osweiler. Rookie Qb are going to makes mistakes, thats what they do! Once you go with the rookie you CANT turn back under any circumstances...Jackson is a fool and he is ruining Kizer's career....

2. Our Front Office is a joke...all those draft picks and the only playmaking talent they have to show for it is Garret....Garrett is like the only guy that they have drafted in two years that would start elsewhere...god does this FO suck.

I have seen enough...i was firmly in Jackson's corner until today when he benched his rookie QB in a 3-0 game at half time...guy is clueless...he needs to be fired with the rest of our front office at the end of the year.

this is the WORST Browns roster in history...there isn't a winnable game on the schedule now...they will go 0-16...i'lll predict it...i don't give a damn....there isn't a winnable game on the rest of the schedule...they will get crushed from here on out.

Time to get a new coach and a new front office, we are going no where with these people...these people are worse then Savage, Worse then Romeo, Worst then Chris Palmer FFS...even Palmer won more then a game LOL!!!!!!

this is just pathetic...

General thought: ^ I agree.

General thought:

If you think I don't want to fire this coach?
I think they do need to fire this coach!

Chris Tabor interim HC? ---Sure why not! nanner

At this point! I'm so Flippin outraged! I'm giddy!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I'm waiting for all the pro-Sashi rah rah crew to show up and defend the front office so far

T
Legend
Legend
T
Me! Do you think Chris Tabor wouldn't give you just as much chance to win the next two games vs Houston and Tennessee, as Hue Jackson is going to give you???

Do you??

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Too many posters on this board put way too much emphasis on winning.

Relax and enjoy the game.

October weather is beautiful. Let other team fans worry about winning.

There's more important things to worry about than playing football for a few million dollars.

Winning is for losers.

The Browns are true winners.

R
Legend
Legend
R
--The FO drafted a FG kicker. That was dumb to waste a draft pick on a kicker. Parkey is a good kicker.

--They then engineered a sham competition.

--I thought Parkey won the competition. The FO predictably backed the guy they drafted.

--Hue always does a few things every game that just hurt the team. The play call to run an option to Crow. Even if they had converted I would of said it wasn't a good call. Turns out to be a turnover because of poor execution.

--Timeout with 44 seconds left in the first half, just outside the redzone, two timeouts in your pocket, you can pretty much control whatever you want. The interception was brutal. But Hue left enough time on the clock for the Jets to get the normal Browns opponent touchdown before the half. A tradition unlike any other.

--I thought, other than the option call, Hue called a good first half. As soon as he felt Hogan could run his pass heavy offense, he completely abandoned the run in the second half. I guess it was working too good.

--Hue needs to build moral with this team. Tying the score at 10-10 and giving everyone the feeling they had a chance would have been huge. I, therefore, fully expected Hue to go for it.

--Carson Wentz is going to be a star. He was not good enough to play in Cleveland. They believe in quantity over quality. But in the NFL, quality at the QB position trumps quantity because the QB raises the level of everyone's play. You don't need a thousand first round picks. This team is treading water. You cannot start a rebuild until you have a QB. All they had to do was turn in the cards on Wentz and Watson. But they thought they were smarter than everyone else. Quantity over quality. The Browns are the only team in the NFL that look a gift horse in the mouth and turn their nose up.

--Weren't the Browns supposed to be 3-0 over this stretch?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I'm pretty sure that gutting the team set us back YEARS. We are worse than an expansion team. I doubt we win any games in the next 2-3 years.

Said LAST YEAR!

Get a different HC and maybe things turn out.

Hue Jackson has had 7 quarterbacks
RG3
Josh McCown
Charlie Whitehurst
Cody Kessler

Deshone Kizer
Brock Osweiler
Kevin Hogan

7 quarterbacks, and, today, Got to feel good for Josh McCown, 3 wins in a row for the first time in his career.

Except he played for the OTHER TEAM! thumbsdown

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We would have won if we had a kicker that could make a 39 yard FG...39 yards!!!!!!!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: HarleyDawg51
We would have won if we had a kicker that could make a 39 yard FG...39 yards!!!!!!!

He needs replaced right away. I don't even care who, but I have more faith in just about anyone than Zane.

Man, least we didn't burn a 2nd rounder on him.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

He needs replaced right away. I don't even care who, but I have more faith in just about anyone than Zane.

Our FO will do that next year smile lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dang, if you want him replaced because he missed a 39 yard FG we might as well not even have a Kicker cause they all miss once in a while.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
IMO our defense looked good today until we got a little gassed ... sadly, our offense looked bad today from the coin toss

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Parkey has very limited range as a field goal kicker. Zane is a rookie and cleveland stadium takes a bit to get used to for kickers so don't over act. We lost today because Kizer started and because Hue went for it on fourth down twice instead of taking very easy field goals. Those 6 points would have won the game.

That being said, you know Hue was going for it to show the offense he had faith in them and is trying to build up an aggressive attitude. You could tell he was pi$$ed that plays were not being executed well.

Lets just hope Hogan is starting next week. Kizer needs to earn his job instead of having it handed to him again.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Would have been nice if we signed Micah Hyde to be our FS this off-season...guy has been everything Buffalo wanted. Heck Jordan Poyer has been playing very well for them as well.

Last edited by tru_dawgs; 10/08/17 06:19 PM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: dawg66

Dang, if you want him replaced because he missed a 39 yard FG we might as well not even have a Kicker cause they all miss once in a while.

Uhh, have you been paying attention? He's been missing them dude.

T
Legend
Legend
T

How do we know.

This game was not as close as the 17-14 score

With 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter; The Jet's team know's there is no 10 point play in football

The Jet's were up 17-7 with 3 minutes or less to go.
They probably didn't play very hard on defense as if the game had been closer.

They didn't care that Duke Johnson scored on that play, Because after the onside kick failed, all they had to do was take a knee.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Parkey has very limited range as a field goal kicker.

Parkey has already made a 54 yard FG this year.

In his career Parkey has never missed a FG over 50 yards. He is 6 for 6.

Link

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
we left 20 1st half points on the field 20

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Parkey has very limited range as a field goal kicker. Zane is a rookie and cleveland stadium takes a bit to get used to for kickers so don't over act. We lost today because Kizer started and because Hue went for it on fourth down twice instead of taking very easy field goals. Those 6 points would have won the game.

That being said, you know Hue was going for it to show the offense he had faith in them and is trying to build up an aggressive attitude. You could tell he was pi$$ed that plays were not being executed well.

Lets just hope Hogan is starting next week. Kizer needs to earn his job instead of having it handed to him again.

Well parkey has better range than Gonzales. He’s 5/5 this year with a long of 54

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

this is just pathetic...

General thought: ^ I agree.

General thought:

If you think I don't want to fire this coach?
I think they do need to fire this coach!

Chris Tabor interim HC? ---Sure why not! nanner

At this point! I'm so Flippin outraged! I'm giddy!
Tabor isn't worth a flip. Gregg can be interim coach until we lure Matt Nagy away from the KC Chiefs!!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's missed 3 FGs from 39 yds, 48 yds and 52 yds. He's also made 2 and he's a rookie Kicker, give the guy a chance. Heck all you guys saying we should have kept Parkey seem to forget that he missed 3 in one game for us last year. Every kicker misses once in a while and Cleveland stadium takes a bit to get used to the wind currents.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
E
Legend
Legend
E

He's missed 3 FGs from 39 yds, 48 yds and 52 yds. He's also made 2 and he's a rookie Kicker, give the guy a chance. Heck all you guys saying we should have kept Parkey seem to forget that he missed 3 in one game for us last year. Every kicker misses once in a while and Cleveland stadium takes a bit to get used to the wind currents.

OR we could have found an average kicker on someones practice squad, and they would be better than either.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's also 12 for 20 lifetime between 40-49 yds.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hue should be fired just because he didn't go for the tie ... Bad decision that cost us the game ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
But he battles.

Enough of the nonsense. Explain why we get so stupid in the red zone. Why is Kizer locking on the first read and waiting so long? I am just not sure he is viable yet. This is blind game planning IMO. This should have been ours!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
L
Legend
Legend
L

Hue should have kicked the field goal to tie the game in the fourth quarter. I get the aggressiveness, but even if we had converted on fourth down it wasn't a smart call.

Kizer is not ready yet. It is obvious that he needs to sit for awhile. Hogan has to play next week.

MG with two sacks but it looked like his ankle wasn't 100 per cent.
Crowell ran hard.
We got inside the 10 and got no points. Three times we did that. Unacceptable.
Overall, we took a tiny step forward today.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I wouldn't fire Hue. If The owner and FO deem any change is necessary and I'm not saying they do, they should ask Hue to hire an O coordinator. That might help take the pressure off. I think being HC and OC is too much for anyone and we need as much hands on with our O as anyone. JMO

Legend
Legend
having the ball inside the 10 that many times and never scoring is pitiful ... I mean, we would have been better off kneeling and taking the 9 points

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I wouldn't fire Hue. If The owner and FO deem any change is necessary and I'm not saying they do, they should ask Hue to hire an O coordinator. That might help take the pressure off. I think being HC and OC is too much for anyone and we need as much hands on with our O as anyone. JMO

That is something that should be done immediately if he stays ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Went down to the Factory with my Dad for our first game since 9/8/2013 ! We used to make sure to get to at least one game a year but sat the last 3 seasons out due to the bad football. This year we decided to go back and bought tickets a few weeks ago while there was still some hope and the losses started to rack up haha.

1) Was great to see Myles Garrett get a sack on that first drive and then another sack later in the game. We were sitting in row 8 of section 134 which isn’t too far away from the browns bench and I couldn’t help but notice that Garrett was on the sideline for a lot of snaps. Are they trying to ease him in? I wonder if his presence would have been game changing in some of the other games. Could we have beat the Steelers?

2) Defense was playing good today. I was pleased. They really shut down the Jets for a significant amount of time. After a certain amount of offensive and special teams blunders the defense seemed to let up a bit. I wasn’t surprised. Nonetheless I thought they had a good day. Had the offense and special teams not been totally inept the Jets would have put up far fewer points. How much better would they have been with Collins out there?

3) Field Goal kicking was painful. Missing 2 in a row is really unacceptable in the NFL. We didn’t lose a playoff game because of him so I have a feeling he will still be with the team. Plus the Browns drafted him. But even though they drafted him they didn’t take him with a high pick. 7th round. 224th pick in the draft. He wasn’t even the first kicker taken in the draft. He hit several 50 yarders in college and a very good college kicker. I don’t know what the problem is but he will have to fix it quick I think...

4) Watching Hue Jackson blow second half timeouts is extremely frustrating. They always end up needing them at the end of the game and then they don’t have them.

5) Going for the TD instead of the FG was rough. The thing that was weird was it really seemed like the crowd really wanted the Browns to go for it and then suddenly the Browns took a timeout and then they changed and actually did try to go for it. I thought “they didn’t just go for it because the crowd wanted it did they??” At least that was my perspective from where I was sitting. The thing that really aggravated me on this was why didn’t they just try and run the ball when it was 3rd and 4?

6) Kizer’s redzone turnovers were a killer. I like Kizer I think he has a lot of potential and tools and he is young. Good arm and can be quite accurate. Has been given a horrible WR group to work with and the WR group has also had a lot of movement with roster changes and injuries. But he has to be more careful with the football in the redzone. That pitch play was terrible. I don’t really know if I agree with benching him. What does that mean for going forward? Does it destroy his confidence? He already had to deal with that sort of stuff in college. Who knows how this will play out.

7) This team isn’t really going to win much this year. Maybe a game or two. They obviously need time to gel and grow. Nothing is going to change drastically over the next couple weeks. Playing 1 more hour of pro football and a few more days of practice isn’t going to result in massive changes between now and next week so I’m not expecting to see it. Maybe a little bit.

8) I hope the things they continue to patch things like stupid useless penalties. Try and fix mental mistakes (including coaching staff). The Browns have a lot of assets available next year so I hope they use them wisely so we have something decent to watch then. Until next year this team will be garbage and I expect nothing else.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Has there ever been an instance in the NFL where the coach/playcaller was relieved of his play calling duties by an Offensive Coordinator mid-season?

Was that part of Hue's being hired here that he calls the offensive plays? I doubt Hue's ego would allow him to have is play calling duties taken from him.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Thanks for the bird's eye view. wink.

What were your thoughts on Hogan?

Hue shoulda kicked the fg. When you can tie a game early in the fourth quarter - especially when your defence has been solid all day, and when you have a young team trying to learn how to win - you take the easy 3.

Last edited by lampdogg; 10/08/17 08:37 PM.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Hue shoulda kicked the fg. When you can tie a game early in the fourth quarter - especially when your defence has been solid all day, and when you have a young team trying to learn how to win - you take the easy 3.

Agreed. The chip shot should have been kicked and we’d have tied the game and saved a TO. We ended up missing out on both. I think Hue is in over his head with responsibility. He needs to off-load to an OC and as far as him being a QB guru, he’s sold us Kessler and Kizer and I’m beginning to believe he’s Kooky.

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
OK,
I will be the Hue fan to a point. Yes, he made some mistakes in his play calling. It seems like every game, he has a play or two that make you yell at the TV. Going for it was a good call. But the play he called makes you scratch your head. That should have been a play action on that call.

Also, For all the Kizer haters. HE IS A ROOKIE. They make mistakes. Remember, Aikman & Manning had terrible first years. Is it painful watching him, YES. Does Hogan get the ball out quicker or reads his progression quicker.. YES. But if you want the kid to learn, you either play him now or you sit him for the whole season. The Rams had the SAME problem last year but look at Geoff now!

This was a winnable game no doubt and Hue/Kizer should be grilled.

Legend
Legend
Kizer haters? Do you really believe that anyone is hating on Kizer or is it more that people don’t feel he’s ready to be out there and Hogan is the one who gives us our best chance to win? He can be our QB one day, but that day isn’t today.

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
I like Kizer. I see a lot of potential in him.

But he is broken. On the way to ruined.
Whatever promise he showed in the preseason is evaporated.

He has gone down hill.

He is playing panicked.

Let me say that again.

He is playing panicked.

He needs to sit and take a breather.

And watch some film. And get some coaching. And practice.

Hogan was leap years ahead of him today.

Please let Kizer sit and mature.

He will be back. But not yet. If they have any sense.

No Craps Given
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Hogan was able to make plays. He seemed more effective than Kizer. He is able to run and scramble better than Kizer. Maybe he just has better awareness. Kizer definitely is able to put more zip on the ball. Hogan can throw the ball down the field but not as fast as Kizer. But Hogan’s throws seemed easier for the receivers to catch — possibly because of the slower speed. But honestly I may not know what I’m talking about I am not a pro I am just a fan and that was my observation. The Jets obviously didn’t prepare for Hogan. But also Hogan didn’t have much time to prepare with the first team offense. The Team was able to move the ball with Kizer today ... he just had those horrible turnovers. Hogan’s interception seemed like a bit of a high throw but seemed like the WR could have caught it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
We get it, sweety smile

gmstrong

-----------------

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Jets 17 Postgame thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard