Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1342911 10/29/17 12:30 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
I made the list once but don't feel like doing it again.

List all the 1st round picks the Browns have made since 2008.

Not. A. Single. Impact. Player.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Bad drafting = bad team. Drafting guys like Weeden and Manziel set this team back. Should have drafted guys in the skill position around Hoyer then look at the QB position. Now we have a young QB with minimal talent around him to help him out.

Last edited by HewDawg; 10/29/17 12:35 PM.
Legend
Legend
there's not much good to talk about. Kizer didn't turn it over I guess. We played okay in the first half.

But, we have no talent. no playmakers. no hope.

We're wallowing in crap

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Just flipped to Sunday NFL Countdown and they are ripping the Browns. FO getting clowned. Kizer getting clowned for calling the players only meeting. Good grief.

Legend
Legend
Watch people say Garrett is an impact player.

In order to be an impact player, you have to be on the field.

We once again have a bunch of trash players, trash coaching, trash FO.

This was a game we could’ve won, but again, our secondary couldn’t cover my grandma running slant routes.

We had something like 3 dropped pssses today.

Crow fumbled.

O line couldn’t block once again.

Muffed punt.

Just a massive failure from the top down. Everybody needs to be canned after the season.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
There was a lot of good today ... LOTS ...

Quit feeling sorry for yourselves ..

Bunch of quitters ...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Even more egregious are the number of first round picks since that time that are no longer even on the team or are completely out of the NFL already.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A better effort all around. But until the offense can start putting drives together, scoring, the defense will remain on the field and eventually giving up points. The 'O' played a bit better today, but simply not good enough to beat a top team...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Just flipped to Sunday NFL Countdown and they are ripping the Browns. FO getting clowned. Kizer getting clowned for calling the players only meeting. Good grief.

The guys on NFL Network were actually being nice but it felt forced. That's worse than straight up clowning. That's pity.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Yeah that keeps working for us.

Defense did ok but was on the field too long. We need secondary help.

Kizer isn’t ready.

All in all another depressing afternoon to be a Browns fan.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
I liked Hue's play calling today. Looked like he was trying to give Kizer the best chance for success. I know I will get flamed for this, but it's what I think.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Bunch of quitters ...

Only one good I saw was Kizer not turning the ball over and Drango.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Even more egregious are the number of first round picks since that time that are no longer even on the team or are completely out of the NFL already.

And even more egregious is there were multiple years where the team had multiple first round picks.

The team blows. There are no redeeming qualities with this team.

Hell, the Browns own head coach is helping the other team score before the half.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
1 win since December 13th, 2015.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
L
Legend
Legend
L

Bunch of quitters ...

There was some good. Our defence communities to show improvement, even without McCourty and garrett. just ran out of gas in second half, but at least we can stop the run most of the time.

I don't think our WRs are good at getting separation, I think our corners need upgrading... Nassib isn't a consistent pas rusher.
Kizer at least did not throw an INT, but he's gotta stop throwing them at the knees of our receivers.

Gonzales might be out of a job soon, the goof.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Drango played decently at tackle.

We’re not a million miles away on defense.

Hooker. Man, I must hate myself it’s gone. Hooker makes this D balanced.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bigdatut
1 win since December 13th, 2015.
superconfused

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
2nd String
2nd String
Starting over should not be an option. The whole team is going through growing pains from the owner down. If we keep tearing it down nothing will ever get accomplished. That being said GW blitzes waaaaayyyy too much and it hurts the pass coverage. He needs better corners if he thinks he can be successful with that style. This game was only winnable depending on the offense having long drives and when has that ever happened? Once a game is not enough. Still a young team that looks like it is too young to finish games.

Feel bad for the fans most of all.

Last edited by Xanthros; 10/29/17 12:46 PM.

Who let the Dawgs out???
M
Legend
Legend
M
Thoughts....

- Kizer played a whole game and did not throw a pick. He was asked to do very little, however.

- Defense gave another good effort until it became too much.

- Kudos to Drango

- Clock management at the end of the first half. Yikes. It'd be more concerning if we were actually a competitive team.

- Zane Gonzalez is not good.

- Turnovers continue to be a problem.

- The number of penalties are inexcusable.

- Nice kick return by Dayes

- At least Britt was benched today.

- The blitzing is rather ineffective.

- Teams show up and do as little as possible and allow the Browns to eventually beat themselves.

- This is one horrible professional product.

M
Legend
Legend
M

No doubt. I'm looking forward to hoisting yet another moral victory trophy after this season! tongue

Legend
Legend

Bunch of quitters ...

We've been hopeful since 1999. Can you really fault someone for not feeling that "this time it's different"? It's like believing that "this time, there really will be candy", and then getting into the van and suffering the consequences. Every frickin' year.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Xanthros

For the ones who stay home and don't spend a dime on this garbage yes. For those who continue to go to the games and buy gear, no. There is NO way I'm doing so and I'm happy I don't. I feel NO sorrow for those that do. I want to see as few people at home games as possible. If at all possible, only the other team's fans should show up. That would be awesome. Haslam sucks and the message needs to be sent. Your NFL product is garbage Jimmy. And you are completely clueless.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
2nd String
2nd String
Yeah I even stopped wearing any Browns gear at all. No support for a team not giving their all on putting together a successful franchise. Still don’t believe it should be blown up tho.

Who let the Dawgs out???
M
Legend
Legend
M

Bunch of quitters ...

I would agree. But it wasn't with Kizer and Crowell, IMO. Duke Johnson is such a better overall RB.

Drango had a nice game!

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We need a continued influx of talent, a lot more maturity and experience, and we desperately need to cease the blunders and penalties, but this was one of those games where you catch glimpses of what it might become. A few more playmakers and four quarters of legitimate consistency will go a long way. Gotta keep getting better. The injuries don't help. Hue hasn't lost the team. He did blow two TO calls. Execution is a problem. Getting open, getting into position, hanging onto the ball. There was success in the middle of the field. The D giving up the long drives, struggling against the run in the second half. Is that lack of talent (LB/DB) or fatigue? And I don't know if Kizer's the guy or not, but I can see what the guy and a few more playmakers could do. Gotta take the good with the bad. With the number one pick the Cleveland Browns select...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
I liked Hue's play calling today... I know I will get flamed for this...

Well you shouldn't get "flamed". It was quite effective in negating their pass rush and gave our Oline a big assist. I thought our blocking was not the reason for our loss...

L
Legend
Legend
L
Josh Gordon would help this football team right now

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: The Beast
Originally Posted By: Xanthros

For the ones who stay home and don't spend a dime on this garbage yes. For those who continue to go to the games and buy gear, no. There is NO way I'm doing so and I'm happy I don't. I feel NO sorrow for those that do. I want to see as few people at home games as possible. If at all possible, only the other team's fans should show up. That would be awesome. Haslam sucks and the message needs to be sent. Your NFL product is garbage Jimmy. And you are completely clueless.

Oh my! You are a....beast.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Josh Gordon would help this football team right now

So would Flash Gordon. I'm with you. Josh takes the lid off but I don't think the problem is wholly our receivers.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
This roster is so void of difference makers and elite talent
All the homers say yeah the future is bright
But they've been saying that since 2001.
Another double digits loss.
Who can find positives in that
Genius williams has been beat by 2 qbs who have played for a combined 10 teams

L
Legend
Legend
L
You think that loss was on Williams?

gmstrong

-----------------

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Our kicker sucks. Not that it would have made a difference in the end. But, we now have to second guess kicking the 3 or just going for it. The chances are becoming fairly even on both.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
How many points did the Browns allow today ?
Is this defense looked any better than Hortons ?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
How many points did the Browns allow today ?
Is this defense looked any better than Hortons ?

Yes it does. If you can't see that, then I respectfully disagree. We have holes but we have improved on the D side. We need some secondary help. Our run defense is outstanding. And teams are running on us.

T
Legend
Legend
T
nanner nanner WHO GIVES A RIP!! nanner nanner

Who gives a hoot!
Who gives a something!
Who gives a care
Who gives a 25th straight loss on Sunday, now surpassing the '78-'79 Buccaneers, as the bottom line on NFL network read last night.

Hue Jackson should be a politician.

Because he delivers no results...

AND EVERYBDOY LOVES HIM!

I don't understand anybody, who thinks this course is going to be better in 2018,

You can lose 16 in 2018, after you lose out the remaining 8 this year!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: HewDawg
Bad drafting = bad team. Drafting guys like Weeden and Manziel set this team back. Should have drafted guys in the skill position around Hoyer then look at the QB position. Now we have a young QB with minimal talent around him to help him out.

That way of thinking if flawed. This team hasn't won no matter who they drafted in 22 years.

Maybe it's not the draft players, maybe it's what the team does with who they have on the team, after they get here

Which players got real better after they joined the Browns.

This team couldn't win with anybody on the roster, they find a way to mis use anyone they have, and do they coach development, or game situation development?

ok, ok, There are a lot of things going right,

A LOT of things are going right; but none of that equals wins.

If the Answer is in Drafting the "right guy" next year;
then the Browns have had 22 years of trying that;
AND LOOK AT THE RESULTS!

Good teams that make the playoffs, year in and year out,
YOU DON'T EVER HEAR THEM TALKING ABOUT NEXT YEARS DRAFT,

The Browns win the Super Bowl in April; every year

And they are LAST IN THE DIVISION, EVERY YEAR, IN THE FALL!

Can't be worse than winless!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I thought Kizer played a solid game... Couple poor throws but also had a few drops and several game changing penalties that were missed.... The turn overs killed us and then late penalties on defense really hurt....

Defense was on field way too long,. Need to get off the field on third down... Several times we just barely missed a tackle that could have gotten us off the field on third... Still no idea why we play ten men on defense with our safety 20 yards off,,,

Special teams overall was poor... Had the one good return... But really poor overall in my opinion...

Overall I thought we played pretty well until late in the third... Lots of opportunities that you have to take advantage of... Minn is a solid team.. Hopefully the bye will do us good... Still need some play markers at wide receiver... Can't develop a QB if there's no one to catch the ball

<><

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: jaybird
I thought Kizer played a solid game... Couple poor throws but also had a few drops and several game changing penalties that were missed.... The turn overs killed us and then late penalties on defense really hurt....

Defense was on field way too long,. Need to get off the field on third down... Several times we just barely missed a tackle that could have gotten us off the field on third... Still no idea why we play ten men on defense with our safety 20 yards off,,,

Special teams overall was poor... Had the one good return... But really poor overall in my opinion...

Overall I thought we played pretty well until late in the third... Lots of opportunities that you have to take advantage of... Minn is a solid team.. Hopefully the bye will do us good... Still need some play markers at wide receiver... Can't develop a QB if there's no one to catch the ball

I'm sorry but they showed time of possession at some point in the first half and it was like 16 minutes Minny, 5 us.

The offense has to stay on the field. Sure the defense can be better - maybe lots better in certain scenarios.

I may be dying on my shield here but the defense is not the reason we are in the position we are. That is the lone bright spot in this ethereal darkness of being a Browns' fan.

Legend
Legend
Two fumbles in first half led to a lot of the time of possession... But I agree that we need to keep offense on field longer...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wow San Fran is bad... Pick six...

<><

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 16 Vikings 33 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard