Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1352028 11/12/17 05:49 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
--Whether Hue or Kizer called that idiot play at the end of the first half, that's on Hue. Kizer should not have been allowed to change the play.

--Worst collection of receivers I've ever witnessed watching football. Other than Treggs and Higgins, no one can actually catch, including our first round TE. Draft a TE in the first round who can't catch? Browns are gonna Browns.

--Myles Garrett is the only first round pick since Joe Thomas that actually impacts a game. Then he gives up the penalty that leads to the nail in the coffin. Browns are gonna Browns.

--That interception was 100% on Louis. Didn't even try. What a loser. The sooner guys like Britt and Louis are off the team, the better. Why does Louis continue to get playing time when he can't catch?

--Wasn't sure if the Browns would cover today considering the bye week, but they didn't disappoint.

--The more I think about it, the more I hope they keep everyone. Make them own this debacle and make them dig themselves out. The fans will come back if the Browns start winning.

T
Legend
Legend
T
What are the final 7 opponents, What games do the Browns have a realistic chance of avoiding 0-16 with!

E
Legend
Legend
E

We lost. It sucked. BUT they looked so much better this week. This was Kizer's best game. We had a lot of good drives and got to the redzone a lot. That never happens. So the improvement made it a lot more fun to watch.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Jacksonville
at Cincinnati
at San Diego
Baltimore
Green Bay
at Chicago
at Pittsburgh

Next week ... maybe at Cincy .. maybe at Chicago

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Kizer played his best today IMO

Our defensive secondary is atrocious

Stafford gets the ball out too quickly to defend

Devalve with an awful day

Ogbah looked good

Sucks about Collins

Our Wrs are straight trash

Njoku looks so bad at times ... legitimately awful

Run game worked, we still lost

0-9

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
1-24 under Hue. The guy has to feel like a fool when trotting out before games and after to talk to the coaches on the other team.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Our defensive secondary is atrocioous

Over the last 5-10 years.

TJ Ward. TaSahun Gipson, Mike Adams, Joe Haden, Buster Skrine. and Jordan Poyer.

Browns didn't keep "any" of them.

And most of the times the Browns didn't even,

Oh well, I'm sure some of them are out of football.

The Secondary is atrocious!

The game was tied at 24 to start the 4th quarter.

Browns lost by 14.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Kessler is worse than I remember. Kizer is not near ready yet. Hue still needs an OC, but will probably need to watch the tape. Hue sees the double secret probation improvement that is wasted on fans. Our secondary is atrocious. Some plays should be removed for the rest of the year. They haven't worked well and he can't leave them alone.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
G
2nd String
2nd String
G
I thought Kiser played better. He is showing toughness and improvement. I'm not ready to give up on him but the WRs and TEs leave a lot to be desired. I thought Hue stayed with the run more today but i would like to see more. The defense played well at times then broke down and were gashed at times. This team continues to be their own worst enemy. Hue has them playing hard for the most part but at some point they have to grow up.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
G
2nd String
2nd String
G
I thought Kiser played better. He is showing toughness and improvement. I'm not ready to give up on him but the WRs and TEs leave a lot to be desired. I thought Hue stayed with the run more today but i would like to see more. The defense played well at times then broke down and were gashed at times. This team continues to be their own worst enemy. Hue has them playing hard for the most part but at some point they have to grow up.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Oh and shoutout to the running backs, as they did well today also.

This game made me feel like we could have something if we can get past our mistakes.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Is this double talk? Seems very similar. LOLetc.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
Browns rushed for 209 yards and lost by 14?

What do they have to do to win, rush for 400 yards?

I used to think Kessler could be a long term backup.

After today, I can see why he was inactive the first 6 weeks.
Ricardo Louis, a few weeks ago was neck and neck with Britt in production.

And I thought Britt was having a bad year.

I mean, it's one thing if they didn't go out and get Treggs, (which gets' playing time that I don't know why)

but not only Treggs

But Treggs, and Kassen, and Higgans had a 90 yard day when they signed him for 1 week.

Corey Coleman is going to come back at some point, and so maybe Gordon, (if ever).

T.Pryor would be nice to have back, (hoping to win)

Maybe healthy scratch Ricardo Louis for a couple weeks, that's just what "I" would do.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...Being a U fan, I never really cared for Njoku (yeah he has a lot of upside) But I think he's more of a Ben Troupe...project with great workout numbers...But hoping he turns out well for us, as we can use some talent that actually translates and emerges.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
1-24 under Hue. The guy has to feel like a fool when trotting out before games and after to talk to the coaches on the other team.

I think Hue shoulders a large amount of culpability for what we witness on a week to week basis. There are 2-3 head scratching calls every game. He's constantly helping the other team win.

But the trash this team trots out there at WR is appalling. And no, Terrelle Pryor's presence would not make this unit less trash. He's also trash. We literally have no one who can catch the ball. It's insane. Never seen anything like it.

Maybe that's on Hue for not "coaching them up", but we all knew before the season that it was probably the worst football unit in the entire league.

The play at the end with Louis should result in him being cut. Seriously, that kind of effort just can't be tolerated on an 0-9 team.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Our defensive secondary is atrocioous

Over the last 5-10 years.

TJ Ward. TaSahun Gipson, Mike Adams, Joe Haden, Buster Skrine. and Jordan Poyer.

Browns didn't keep "any" of them.

And most of the times the Browns didn't even,

Oh well, I'm sure some of them are out of football.

The Secondary is atrocious!

The game was tied at 24 to start the 4th quarter.

Browns lost by 14.

+1 good post!

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns have all the pieces in place!~

They started out 10-0 that's 10 unanswered points.

They scored 14 unanswered points coming out of halftime to go up 24-17.

They have all the pieces in place.

Legend
Legend
like him, hate him, think he sucks, think he's got a future ... Hue Jackson has to be just miserable

D
Legend
Legend
D
Same old Browns that I remember watching. Endless flags. Fumbles. Stupid offensive play calling including a QB sneak on 3rd and 3. Just stupid.

Collins with a knee injury is hurt, nice INT though. Pressure from MG on that.

But again, the flags and penalties are outright horrible.

Kizer looked to play his best game though.

Very strong start.

Nice run game with Crow and Duke.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

--Kizer looked much better. I think the bye week did him good. He was more accurate, threw it a bit quicker, made some good runs. Yeah, he made mistakes, but he looked better and it's too early to give up on him.

--What happened to S. Coleman. #77 was playing RT for a good part of the game. He's huge, but slow.

--Classy move by Hue to say he made the goal line call when he didn't.

--Njoku and Devalve are the worst blockers. Sheesh. And Njoku keeps dropping balls.

--Speaking of dropped passes, how many drops does Louis have now? Goodness.

--Britt played pretty good today.

--Crow and Duke both played very well. Our RBs are not the problem.

--I thought the OL had a nice game. Zeitler had a good game. So did the center. I can never remember his name.

--It's hard for me to even look at Kessler. He stinks so bad. So blah!

--Is Peppers ever going to make a play?

--It's a mistake to put our safeties in coverage. LOL....Kindred was easily torched by Ebron.

--Our front four guys had some good moments. Myles and Ogbah got some outside pressure.

--Kirksey really struggles to get off blocks.

--I didn't think McCourty was very good last year, but he is playing well in Cleveland.

--Our punter has a good leg.

--We may have played our best game and we still lost by 14.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
like him, hate him, think he sucks, think he's got a future ... Hue Jackson has to be just miserable

I honestly give two craps about how Hue Jackson is feeling. I feel bad for the fans and some of the players. If Hue doesn't like the way it feels, then he should do something about. He's in a position to do something about it so a start would be to cut out the 2-3 plays a game that help the other team win.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Coleman left with a concussion.

Legend
Legend
I missed the game.. Just watched the highlights, and downloading the full game now...

From the highlights, it looks like Kizer had a decent showing. Then it looked like the secondary didnt have enough speed to keep up with the Lions offense. Too many long plays given up.

What the heck was that call before the end of half though? QB sneak from like the 2/3 yard line?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
M
Legend
Legend
M
- Another week. Another loss.

- The Browns are the only team in NFL history to start back-to-back seasons 0-9

- The QB sneak from the 3 yard line to end the half was a classic.

- The Browns moved the ball up and dow the field. Only 50% in red zone scoring, however.

- As quickly as the Browns could get a lead, they'd give it right back.

- Ogbah had a nice game.

- Kessler missed a wide open Treggs by 15 yards. Kessler stinks.

- The running game was a bright spot.

- In the end, it was another double digit loss.

7 more of these things to go.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Great start by the D on the first two Detroit drives.

Good start to the Browns - 10 up.

Bad calls by Hue - I didn't agree with going for it on 4th down. Insanity on the last call of the 1st half ... although no doubt there will be a bunch of speculation on how and who called that.

God awful officiating.

Detroit are a good team. Stafford is a really really good QB. Coming off a by - the Browns played very well, once again they couldn't get out of their own way and made it much harder on themselves .... but there are some really good signs. Running game was working today and the play calling for the most part was excellent. For the first time this year since week 1 against the Steelers I honestly think we're going to win a couple of games this year.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Devalve already said that Kizer changed the play call on the last play of the half.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
What a disappointment. They actually played 3 good quarters and Kizer looked good.

....and then the 4th quarter happened. frown

Any news on Jamie Collins?

Legend
Legend
MCL injury ... severity not announced

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Great start by the D on the first two Detroit drives.

Good start to the Browns - 10 up.

Bad calls by Hue - I didn't agree with going for it on 4th down. Insanity on the last call of the 1st half ... although no doubt there will be a bunch of speculation on how and who called that.

God awful officiating.

Detroit are a good team. Stafford is a really really good QB. Coming off a by - the Browns played very well, once again they couldn't get out of their own way and made it much harder on themselves .... but there are some really good signs. Running game was working today and the play calling for the most part was excellent. For the first time this year since week 1 against the Steelers I honestly think we're going to win a couple of games this year.

I agree. When we went up 24-17, I thought we were going to win - we had a ton of momentum...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If we remain healthy until JG or Coleman return then we could possibly win multiple games. But only if Kizer doesn't get injured.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
MCL injury ... severity not announced

Ugh.

Burgess played decent but, he is no Collins and he also got hurt.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
- The Browns are the only team in NFL history to start back-to-back seasons 0-9

The Oilers and the early Buccaneers are the other two teams that started 0-9 in consecutive seasons. Not good company to be in, but we're not the only ones.

Kizer actually gave me hope for his future today. Peyton Manning led the league in INTs his rookie year, and still holds the record. Don't take this to mean I'm comparing Manning to Kizer, because I'm not. I'm just stating they both sucked in their rookie year, and I'm trying to be hopeful.

Good job by Crowell and Johnson today. Keep it up.

Good job by the DL. Keep it up.

It would appear we need some edge speed, as the lions were too successful running outside. It appears we're still in need of some heatseeking LBs.

Boddy-Calhoun makes some impressive hits, but he needs to wrap up when his little tiny body doesn't bring down a RB, TE, or WR that has 100lbs on him. I know I'm exaggerating his weight, or lack thereof.

Will Peppers have a decent punt return this year?

Hopefully Coleman and Gordon can show the youngins how to catch the ball. Hopefully Gordon will show Coleman, if he makes it to week 13.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Question for anyone: I stopped into the game day chat -briefly - and saw a few posts blasting the refs. How bad was the officiating?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It was typical. Missed some calls, blew others, called things in their imagination. Not much more crappy than other weeks, but nothing blaring in my opinion.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Question for anyone: I stopped into the game day chat -briefly - and saw a few posts blasting the refs. How bad was the officiating?

It appeared they were wearing blue tinted glasses as all the holding they could see was from the orange spectrum.

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Kizer played his best game. He made several great throws.

The running game was great.

Our blitzes never get home. We often call blitzes and the offense seems like they know exactly what is coming (not just this game).

There is more, but I don't care to expand at this point.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Just got back from the game. Some thoughts.....

Browns need a new head coach plain and simple. That debacle at the end of the first half is a fireable offense. You call a QB sneak with no time outs left, really, I mean really. If the Browns had a halfway decent head coach they win this game.

Seth DeValve should never see the field again. Browns are driving and there's a catch by DeValve for a first down....wait a minute, the ball is stripped and it's a scoop and score for Detroit. There is no excuse for
that!

Browns can't play with a lead, up 10-0 and here come the drive killing penalties, next thing you know it's tied 10-10. Up 24-17 and here come the stupid mistakes, next thing you know Browns are trailing by two touchdowns. This team lacks discipline big time. Once again that's a reflection of the coaching.

Too bad Kizer got hurt and left the game for a while. Kessler over threw a wide open receiver down the sideline that would have been six. By the time Kizer came back it was to late.

Browns outplayed the Lions most of the game but stupidity, bad coaching, a turnover, and drive killing penalties, cost them this game. Sorry for the book, I have a lot to get off my chest.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One call I didn't understand was when Duke dove for the first down and extended the ball out in front of him and they had to measure it to make sure he got it. Detroit challenged the 1st down call and replays showed that the refs spotted the ball almost a yard short of where it should have been and the Ref when he announced that the replay stood acknowledged that Johnson's knees weren't down and that he got the full extension with the ball yet they never moved the ball up.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Kizer's best game IMO ... and our running game's best performance

Devalve's fumble and the abomination at the end of the half sealed our fate

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Browns need a new head coach plain and simple. That debacle at the end of the first half is a fireable offense. You call a QB sneak with no time outs left, really, I mean really. If the Browns had a halfway decent head coach they win this game.

Bitonio said that Kizer audibled to the QB sneak.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Lions 38 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard