Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Originally Posted By: Squires
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Another loss under Hue Jackson.

When is this going to end? 4-50?

It will end after the mess Sashi created is cleaned up.

You mean the 12 draft picks five in the first two rounds and $100,000.000 in cap space?

good start for a expansion team he made us into...

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Everyone wanting to blame GW, not sure what they want him to do with PS players in secondary, missing ogbah, missing collins, Shelton , boddy-Calhoun. Defense is top ten while offense is dead last, not hard to see where the issue is

yep.. top three defense... in points allowed. rofl

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We're either young and inexperienced and lack talent or we're not. That'd be across the board for me, not just the offense or defense. Not for Kizer and not for Garrett. It's a fact but it seems it's just a giant excuse being used now. I won't give Hue a pass using that reasoning and in the next sentence say Williams sucks. Can't hold Hue or Williams totally responsible if you want to roll with the young excuse.

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 12/11/17 05:54 AM.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Swish
Yea. That was a straight up inexcusable drop.

It was...little plays matter...even though that was a big play at the time.

I'll give Kize credit. For the most part he did a good job. He still has to learn that taking a sack isn't always the worst thing, as evidenced by our last offensive play.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This explains the suspensions or lack of suspensions very well.

I can't suspend him. He's one of the untouchables. wink

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Kizer gave us the death blow.

But make no mistake. This L is on the defense.

Albeit a pretty banged up Defense.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Kizer gave us the death blow.

But make no mistake. This L is on the defense.

Albeit a pretty banged up Defense.

And young and lacking talent. The offense blows and Hue gets that free pass so the D and Williams can surely use the same excuse. Right?

Legend
Legend
My thoughts? Well, John Dorsey will have the Money and the Draft Picks to Change almost everything about this team in April..

I'm just riding out the year waiting for next year.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue does not play QB, or make the bone headed plays.

Right now Kizer is China Boy, cracks under pressure.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but did anyone else notice that Hogan was the back-up to Kizer yesterday and Kessler was inactive?

A minor move, but interesting timing.

Link

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, before the game, I saw Kessler was inactive. The timing was interesting.

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
McCourty - Sleeping on the first TD
Nacua - Stupid
Garrett - offside, every game
Kindred - missed tackles x 2 on the blitz
Coleman - holding at key times
Jordan - hands to the face
Refs - PI on Gordon in the end zone
Gordon - False start
Hue - Stupid challenge
S Teams - Punt return
Kiser - in OT

This is a snapshot of every game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
We blitz more than any other team in the league and we never get pressure (I say this every week).

Brian Spoon
@BrianSpoon
#Browns DC Gregg Williams dialed up the blitz on 62% of Packers QB Brett Hundley’s dropbacks (highest rate in the league) but pressured him on just 22 percent.

Tweet

B
Legend
Legend
B
My thoughts? Well, John Dorsey will have the Money and the Draft Picks to Change almost everything about this team in April..

That's my attitue as well. I didn't like the Sashi deal, but I do like Dorsey. In the end I think we will be better.

I don't really like Hue as coach, but I do have to admit he lacks talent on the field, or leadership, or some combination. It's not going to kill me or anyone else to wait it out with him in to next season with a few more players he can lean on. Then we will see where it goes. Blowing up the coaching staff is harder on a team then is replacing 1 in the FO. That doesn't really impact the players ability to perform on the field.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's my attitue as well. I didn't like the Sashi deal, but I do like Dorsey. In the end I think we will be better.

I don't really like Hue as coach, but I do have to admit he lacks talent on the field, or leadership, or some combination. It's not going to kill me or anyone else to wait it out with him in to next season with a few more players he can lean on. Then we will see where it goes. Blowing up the coaching staff is harder on a team then is replacing 1 in the FO. That doesn't really impact the players ability to perform on the field.

Wow a lot of common sense on these posts. I am not sure that is allowed on this board!

Joe Thomas #73
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
his arm was hit causing the flutterball. He was a relatively inexperienced rookie qb desperate to make a first down and he panicked. Not the first time a rook qb has done that and it will not be the last.
did we target any wideouts besides Cory and josh? I do not remember any others being passed to. overall I thought deshone had a decent. If we had corners that could cover anyone we would have won easily.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Wow a lot of common sense on these posts. I am not sure that is allowed on this board!

Dorsey now has a worse win percentage than Sashi Brown. Fire him! tongue

This was about as a "Team Loss" as you can get. I don't know why everyone has to search out for their personal scapegoats and lay all the blame at their feet, but the truth of the matter is that we're an extremely young team that can't afford to make mistakes ... yet we always seem to do it in spades.

Kizer played alright yesterday. He had the one bad pick at the end where he was trying to do too much, but the dude is a 21 year old kid that's going to make mistakes.

Here's some stats for you:
205 Att - 54.6 Comp% - 1089 Yards - 5 tds - 7 ints - 5.3 Yds/att - 63.6 Rating
373 Att - 53.9 Comp % - 2252 Yards - 9 tds - 17 ints - 6.0 Yds/att - 61.2 Rating
575 Att - 56.7 Comp % - 3739 Yards - 26 tds - 28 ints - 6.5 Yds/att - 71.2 Rating

Player A is Jared Goff, Player B is Kizer and Player C is Manning. Yes, Kizer has marginally worse stats than the other two, but you also have to consider two things: Manning and Goff were 22 their rookie seasons, while Kizer is 21. And second, Manning and Goff had Marshall Faulk and Todd Gurley running behind them to help take the pressure off. Manning had Marvin Harrison to throw at and Goff had a Kenny Britt playing for a contract.

We are so quick to bury our own players if they aren't All-Pros on Day One. Had we drafted Goff in 2016, we probably would of wrote him off as a bust by now.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

Because retaining Hue means that the next season is to throw away. Hue has no wiggle room, so most probably he will be fired on the start of the next season when we are 0-4 or 1-5.

Firing Sachi meant the end of this project, anything that delays it is a waste of time.

Hue is a mediocre coach, he is going down in history has the worst coach of the Browns and most probably of the NFL history.

Time to close this sad, sad story.

And by the way Sachi deserved to be fired also, he should had fired Hue last season..

Last edited by rastanplan; 12/11/17 12:04 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C

https://twitter.com/mgbode_WFNY/status/940216877594435584

We gave the Packers' receivers a huge cushion most of the game despite the fact that they threw nearly no deep passes.

Is it possible for a defense to be ultra conservative and hyper aggressive at the same time?

V
Legend
Legend
V
We blitzed a lot, so I get why you would back your corners off.

What concerns me is how often we blitz and how seldom we get there. We need some guys to start making sacks.

Legend
Legend

We gave the Packers' receivers a huge cushion most of the game despite the fact that they threw nearly no deep passes.

Is it possible for a defense to be ultra conservative and hyper aggressive at the same time?

I was looking for this..

Now the way teams adjust to Cody Kessler aka short ball shorty, why the heck could we not adjust to Hundley???!!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
How does a player push an official and not get a flag or thrown out? It was first quarter when we got unsportsmanlike called against us on 3rd down. The packers receiver pushed the official with both hands!

I saw that too. It should have at least been offsetting penalties.

O
Legend
Legend
O

This was how we decided to lose yesterday.

M
Legend
Legend
M

What's crazy is that Hundley only completed only 1 pass of more than 10 yards in the air and he completed 35 passes. At some point, you would think Gregg Williams may try something new than continually give the 6-10 yard cushions.

To answer your other question, it appears so.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
How does a player push an official and not get a flag or thrown out? It was first quarter when we got unsportsmanlike called against us on 3rd down. The packers receiver pushed the official with both hands!

I saw that too. It should have at least been offsetting penalties.

I hate the NFL. I watched three games yesterday, and the officials turned the tides in all of them. I don't care what others think, but to me it is evident that teams that are considered elite get away with so much.

I watched the Rams game and an identical hit to the one Peppers was fined for didn't even draw a flag. They were actually saying what a great play it was.

Juju from the Steelers lays out Burfict. It was a cheap shot as he went high. Meanwhile Gronk runs three yards after the play and dives full body and plants a forearm in the back of a guys neck laying facedown. Same punishment for both. Gronk should have been suspended for the rest of the season. He was intentionally trying to hurt the guy who probably was relaxed thinking the play was over. Juju made a high hit in the middle of the action. No similarity at all.

Watching Garrett getting damn near strangled play after play with no call, and the same officials call Coleman instantly. They are both holds, but only we are called for them, this happens weekly.

It isn't just Browns games, I see it constantly in all games. IMO, it is time for the league to allow challenges on these bad calls. The technology is there, use it. Maybe some consistency will finally be achieved.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

What's crazy is that Hundley only completed only 1 pass of more than 10 yards in the air and he completed 35 passes. At some point, you would think Gregg Williams may try something new than continually give the 6-10 yard cushions.

To answer your other question, it appears so.

I could gameplan for this defense and be successful. Every team we have played has used the same tactics to beat us. If someone needs fired, I go with Williams.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

I could gameplan for this defense and be successful. Every team we have played has used the same tactics to beat us. If someone needs fired, I go with Williams.

He like Hue doesn't have the players to win with.

Legend
Legend

He like Hue doesn't have the players to win with.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Here's another head scratcher.....

Jordan Zirm Verified account
@clevezirm
so it's 4th & 1. Packers are not a big play offense with Hundley. Browns have a safety behind McCourty, too. unsure why he's playing almost 10 yards off Cobb. this is an automatic 1st down

Tweet

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

We play that safety so deep, then we left the deep portion wide open on GBs first TD...

Ricardo Louis...Man can't wait for him to be gone...Does not sustain his downfield blocks, we know how bad his hands are...And he had multiple chances to make that tackle on that late punt return...yet tries to two hand touch him....I'd keep Higgins over him.

Nassib disappears way too much...did have a nice batted ball though

Kizer...played a lot better, some sharp throws...then some really dumb ones as well...but seemed to be cutting down on error, minus that huge blunder in OT.

If Duke Johnson had a little more speed...he'd be really dangerous...But plays well week in and out.

Julius Peppers is near 38 years old...and is better than anyone on our DL.

Garrett...When Hundley scrambled away for a 1st down in the 3rd quarter...Garrett was out hustled by DT Coley...Shame man, got out hustled by a fatty...Even though neither of them made the play...It just stood out to me...two things scared me about Myles Garret (Iffy motor, and health) Both are showing true...Though I wanted him the whole way at #1 overall.

Crow ran downhill and tough...which is nice

Njoku...Use your hands please

As iffy as Jabrill Peppers was playing...he's clearly better than what we put out ther yesterday....Horrible safety play.

C
Legend
Legend
C

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S

Allowing short passes to happen with ease, and causing a big void of defenders if a back breaks the line of scrimmage. Too much bend, is giving the opponent to much break.

Legend
Legend

Single SUPER high safety, man coverage playing soft.... We're telling their offensive coordinator that we'll allow them to have first downs all day as long as their receivers can catch the ball.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Single SUPER high safety, man coverage playing soft.... We're telling their offensive coordinator that we'll allow them to have first downs all day as long as their receivers can catch the ball.

It probably works fantastic in practices ... whistle

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I don't like Gregg Williams all that much, but will you guys please stop pretending you know more about schemes than he does.

Legend
Legend
last game I heard the commentator state how far our safety was playing from the LOS ... that was the first I'd heard that narrative in a while

Had we moved away from that philosophy and returned to it, or did people just stop talking about it?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I don't like Gregg Williams all that much, but will you guys please stop pretending you know more about schemes than he does.

All that matters is that the opponent's play-caller knew/knows more about how to exploit schemes than does GW. That has been evident all year long. The proof is in the results.

Our "imposing" defense is a fraud. When other teams want something, they take it.

We are a poorly coached team in all three phases...hence the W/L record.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Browns run press coverage on 26.5% of their plays - lowest rate in NFL

In press: 4 TD, 3 INT, 75.7 passer rating - 8th best.
No press: 22 TD, 3 INT, 117.3 - dead last.

https://twitter.com/PFF_JohnKosko/status/940804732871901185

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Squires
Another loss under Hue Jackson.

When is this going to end? 4-50?

It will end after the mess Sashi created is cleaned up.

You mean the 12 draft picks five in the first two rounds and $100,000.000 in cap space?

I mean the 24 draft picks he made plus multiple free agents signed that can't win a single game this year.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I think what you are seeing is a reflection of Williams lack of confidence in our corners’ ability to cover receivers. give him a couple of young aggressive corners next year and you will see a totally different plan. you will also see him bring the free safety back into the same zip code as the rest of the team.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Packers 27 Post game thoughts.

Link Copied to Clipboard