Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Vambo #1375716 12/18/17 02:48 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Fun stat: Jimmy Garoppolo is now 5 and 0 as a starter.

Vambo #1375718 12/18/17 02:51 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Vambo

So why didn't Hue wake them up why wasn't he going into press conferences saying get me JG I want JG please get me JG?

I mean that's so obvious right .... first line in any HC job description is "Monitor and keep on top of GM to make sure the GM is doing his job".

I don't understand your obsession with trying to release the FO from 100% of the blame for not doing enough to get JG here.

Player personnel, acquisition, drafting, contracts = GM (Sashi)

Coaching the team = HC (Hue).

When you have one guy try and do the other guys job (FARMER) really bad things happen.

Hue has a lot of issues and carries a 1-28 record. Criticize him all you want for game mismanagement or calling 2:1 pass plays vs run plays .... bad coaching challenges ... whatever you like. Laying the blame for him coveting JG then not doing enough to make Sashi sign him is asinine.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
slick #1375722 12/18/17 02:52 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: slick
And to think people laughed at me when I said we should make him one of our first round picks that year.

I was ready to give up 12 and 2 2nds (reported offer, which basically means we give up 12, Kizer, and only have 2 2nds this year)

I honestly feel with JG, here for the entire TC and whatnot, even with our WR problems, we'd be at least on the Wild Card “bubble”

I know that time is linear and things change when things change, but imagine Week 1 against Pitt, a game we lost by 3, with JG at QB instead of Kizer.

Now imagine we are on the WC “bubble” and then we add Gordon to the team..

Jimmy throwing to Josh? It’s what dreams are made of.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
ThatGuy #1375726 12/18/17 02:54 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah.......when I was watching him yesterday and marveling at his accuracy and how his receivers don't even have to break stride, I was thinking about imagine Gordon running crossing routes w/JG.

Man! That would have been sweet!

Legend
Legend

It would be interesting if someone would go back and prove who was pro Garoppolo.

Razor, I know you were. I know Vers was. and I know I was. It is all in archives.

But when all the speculation about trading for Garoppolo last year was on the Board.

What I remember is all the posters saying "Garoppolo has done nothing". He is not worth a first rounder etc. etc.

Now all of sudden everybody loves JG.

It's like Manziel. Selective memory of those who wanted him bigly. Now Manziel is like taboo to those who before wanted him.

I posted a scouting profile that I wrote a month ago on all the top QB prospects in this draft. I am on record for each guy. I spent time doing the research on each guy. Watching numerous game films etc.

They are in Tailgate Forum. Read those and compare to what is being said now by the media and the Board.

I am not trying to be braggadocios. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of many. Because when the results happen in time;
a bunch will say they wanted a certain guy.

That is why I started a Thread "Make Your QB Case."

M
Legend
Legend
M
I was pro JG - but not to the tune of multiple 1st round picks which is what was alleged it would take at one time. I think I was happy with #12 and a 2nd rounder. But I don't think that would have pried him away from NE at the time. I really think NE wanted to persuade JG to stay - Brady being as good as he's been this year and possibly not retiring for another 3 years is the issue for JG. If Brady showed some signs of slowing this year - maybe he'd have felt differently about staying with NE.

V
Legend
Legend
V
bonefish, you are respected for your qb analysis by those who count on here. Don't let those other guys get you down. I actually love reading your QB takes, even if we sometimes disagree.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns’ “dream scenario” would be trading the 12th overall pick for Garoppolo after using the first overall pick on pass rusher Myles Garrett.

That, however, would probably not be enough for the Patriots to give up Garoppolo. They reportedly would want a first-round pick this year as well as a conditional pick that could be as good as another first-rounder in 2018. That might be more than the Browns are willing to deal.

But there’s more to the Garoppolo trade than just whether the Patriots and the Browns (or some other team) can agree on compensation. There’s also what Garoppolo wants to do. Publicly, Garoppolo is saying it’s out of his hands, but the reality is he can exert an enormous amount of influence over his future. If he wants to leave New England and go somewhere he can start, he could start speaking publicly about being unhappy as a backup. Bill Belichick doesn’t like having guys in the locker room who don’t buy into what the Patriots are doing, so if Garoppolo started making noises about wanting to leave, Belichick would likely move him. Conversely, if Garoppolo doesn’t want to go to Cleveland (or any other team), he can announce that he will not agree to a long-term contract extension with any team that trades for him without his consent. That wouldn’t prevent him from being traded, but it would make a trade unlikely, as teams don’t want to trade first-round picks for players who are going to leave in free agency a year later.

Until we know whether or not Garoppolo wants to play for the Browns, we can’t know how likely a trade is. But it sounds like a trade the Browns would like to make."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...immy-garoppolo/

mgh888 #1375734 12/18/17 02:59 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yes, you were pro-JG. I remember that.

Vambo #1375735 12/18/17 03:00 PM
Legend
Legend

So why didn't Hue wake them up why wasn't he going into press conferences saying get me JG I want JG please get me JG?

Please..The entire NFL including the fans knew BB had to get a backup QB that was ready to pug into his system for insurance in a trade for JG. SF had the guy, we didn't. So stop this endless bickering there was nothing Sashi, Haslem, or Hue could have done to get JG. Enough already.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Hue is 1-29

Dorsey is 0-2

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Please..The entire NFL including the fans knew BB had to get a backup QB that was ready to pug into his system for insurance in a trade for JG. SF had the guy, we didn't. So stop this endless bickering there was nothing Sashi, Haslem, or Hue could have done to get JG. Enough already.

Vers and other Sashi Haters don't believe this.

Vambo #1375741 12/18/17 03:04 PM
Legend
Legend
Any team that wanted JG would trade for him regardless of working out an extension, they would of had him this season, and at least two more after it with Franchise Tags. And by that time a deal would most likely have been worked out if the team was successful.

I’ve said all this before.

And it doesn’t even matter now obviously.

I’d almost offer one of our firsts this year to SF for JImmy. And guess what, they probably wouldn’t take it. Because they have their QB now. Good for them.

Probably end up winning the NFCW next year.

Sigh.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
mgh888 #1375744 12/18/17 03:09 PM
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I was pro JG - but not to the tune of multiple 1st round picks which is what was alleged it would take at one time. I think I was happy with #12 and a 2nd rounder. But I don't think that would have pried him away from NE at the time. I really think NE wanted to persuade JG to stay - Brady being as good as he's been this year and possibly not retiring for another 3 years is the issue for JG. If Brady showed some signs of slowing this year - maybe he'd have felt differently about staying with NE.

I agree on New England desperately wanting Jimmy to stay. When it became clear that Brady wasn't slowing down, they pulled the trigger.

I also think that, for whatever reason, Jimmy didn't want to be a Cleveland Brown or the Patriots didn't want him in the AFC. There is just no way the Browns wouldn't have matched or bettered the offer than SF coughed up. I believe they could have got two second round picks, minimum, from Cleveland.

ThatGuy #1375745 12/18/17 03:11 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Any team that wanted JG would trade for him regardless of working out an extension, they would of had him this season, and at least two more after it with Franchise Tags. And by that time a deal would most likely have been worked out if the team was successful.

I’d almost offer one of our firsts this year to SF for JImmy. And guess what, they probably wouldn’t take it. Because they have their QB now. Good for them.

Sigh.

So like a Washington Kirk Cousins type of situation?

Legend
Legend

What is frustrating is the BS remarks some make.

I don't expect people to agree with me. In fact I like a respectful discussion.

If somebody wants a guy then come with game as too why. Instead we get comments like Kizer will be out of league in 3 years and Hue is a moron and is the reason JG is not a Brown.

Then when it comes to "Making a QB Case" they have nothing other than take Mayfield he will win a Super Bowl.

The Board has some thoughtful and knowledgeable people.
At the same time some????

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

JG is not worth even a 5th round pick, as he has shown nothing.

No QB has left NE and accomplished anything.

Billy boy would not trade anyone away who was worth anything.

*sigh*

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Vambo #1375750 12/18/17 03:21 PM
Legend
Legend

Sigh.

No.

Because Jimmy is actually good. wink

Vambo #1375752 12/18/17 03:24 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Hue is 1-29

Dorsey is 0-2

Oh so relevant on a JG thread. notallthere

Fixed it

Last edited by mgh888; 12/18/17 03:26 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
j/c:

*sigh*

Shown nothing? Won five straight on a team that was heading for the #1 pick. That certainly shows something.

Belichik wouldn't trade anyone away who is worth anything? We gave Collins a contract and we're missing him on D.

You're 1-2, bro-heem. JG has a better record. brownie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
mgh888 #1375755 12/18/17 03:29 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

Hue is 1-29

Dorsey is 0-2

LOL. And the whole Dorsey record. Is he 0-2 because he released Britt? Or Tregg? What else has he done?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
CalDawg #1375759 12/18/17 03:31 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
j/c:

*sigh*

Shown nothing? Won five straight on a team that was heading for the #1 pick. That certainly shows something.

Belichik wouldn't trade anyone away who is worth anything? We gave Collins a contract and we're missing him on D.

That was all sarcasm.

This last off season I was pushing for us to trade for JG, and what I spewed above is what others were saying.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sorry, Cap. You forgot the purple. tongue

We should've just drafted him. Coming out, the only knock was small school. His release was almost Marino quick. His accuracy now is a thing of beauty. Oh well...

Rosen, Rosen, Rosen!

#gmstrong
CalDawg #1375762 12/18/17 03:33 PM
1st String
1st String
j/c:

*sigh*

To be fair he's only started and won 3 straight games with the 49ers.2 of his 5 wins where last season with the pats I believe.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
CalDawg #1375763 12/18/17 03:33 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sorry, Cap. You forgot the purple. tongue

No worries, I forgot the purple. I do that too often. Should be my default, I am sarcastic more often that not.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yup, you're right. 5-0 overall, not just with the 49ers. I knew that but brain farted. Thanks for the correction!

#gmstrong
CalDawg #1375765 12/18/17 03:36 PM
1st String
1st String
thumbsup

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Vambo #1375766 12/18/17 03:37 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c:

Hue is 1-29

Dorsey is 0-2

Dorsey is 0-0 IMO he didn't picked any of these guys ... superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
ThatGuy #1375775 12/18/17 04:06 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sigh.

No.

So you are saying Kirk Cousins isn't good?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

If somebody wants a guy then come with game as too why. Instead we get comments like Kizer will be out of league in 3 years and Hue is a moron and is the reason JG is not a Brown.

Then when it comes to "Making a QB Case" they have nothing other than take Mayfield he will win a Super Bowl.

At the time before the trade dead line I was saying I would give TWO #2s for him not TWO #1st...

mgh888 #1375779 12/18/17 04:15 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

Hue is 1-29

Dorsey is 0-2

Fixed it

At this point in time is a JG thread relevant?
Is complaining going to get him or change anything?

Legend
Legend
I still would like to see him here. Wanted him in draft; just thinking how good that might have been.

I think we need a vet to play, crush film, mentor two rookies, until one beats the turtles out of the other for the job. This mystery date approach of see what we've got, play them, and such is insane. Find a reason to put them on the field again. I don't think Kizer has "gotten" it. How many more game losses for his learning curve. Some stuff is better. Some things that matter, not much at all. He needs to sit awhile. He has earned it.

Might have managed a few wins with a vet playing say a half. Making him the starter doesn't make him a starter.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Vambo #1375783 12/18/17 04:20 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree that it isn't going to change anything. But I think as long as you have people that stick up for Sashi while harping about Hue, you're going to keep hearing about JG.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1375787 12/18/17 04:25 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I agree that it isn't going to change anything. But I think as long as you have people that stick up for Sashi while harping about Hue, you're going to keep hearing about JG.

I've stated in several threads it all their faults, they were supposed to have worked together in the decision making.

Vambo #1375849 12/18/17 08:02 PM
Legend
Legend

Sigh.

No.

So you are saying Kirk Cousins isn't good?

I think Cousins is above “acceptable starting QB in the NFL” level. Like. He’s better than an Andy Dalton.

He’s not a guy I’d want to hitch my wagon to specifically.

And does not IMO have the same level of potential that Jimmy G has.

Vambo #1375863 12/18/17 08:39 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
[

At this point in time is a JG thread relevant?
Is complaining going to get him or change anything?

So you are the board police now?

Instead of answering any question the only thing you EVER do is DEFLECT. Deflect deflect deflect.

immediately after Dorsey's first draft - every player the Browns didn't draft is now off limits? Every FA we didn't sign is a banned subject? Free agents that left the Browns and go elsewhere are now a non-subject .... boy, Mac is going to be upset with you.

willynilly

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I understand. Believe me, I understand. LOL

Dude has been stalking me for years. It's annoying, but you are better off ignoring him and those like him. I wish I could follow my own advice. LOL......

I do pretty good at ignoring them, but man, thread after thread after thread of the same nonsense and I snap and fall to their level. I always feel bad afterwards.

Just keep posting your stuff on QBs, my man. You always have good takes and the better posters on this board recognize that.

PitDAWG #1375877 12/18/17 09:10 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Except some people are blindly blaming sashi for not getting garoppolo. I guess maybe if they keep saying it it'll eventually become true.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Was it Hue's job to make trades or Sashi's?

I get your little group won't give up, but do you think rational people actually buy into this junk?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Except some people are blindly blaming sashi for not getting garoppolo. I guess maybe if they keep saying it it'll eventually become true.

Just wondering? Whose fault is it?

Do you think Jimmy G just wasn't available to us period? There was no way we could get him from the Patriots?

That's what I'm not buying into. Everyone is available. Everyone has a price. And teams do what's best for them first.

Like I've said. Jimmy could come here and be malcontent or whatever. That's his problem. It would also reflect real poorly on him.

But he's a RFA after this year and the year after that we could throw a transition/franchise tag on him.

He went for a 2nd round pick. I would have given more. How about a 2nd and a 3rd. How about two 2nds. You don't think that New England would have said, "Sorry Jimmy, Cleveland threw in another early pick, so you're going there" even if he didn't want to come here?

So yeah, I blame Sashi. Who else am I to blame? It's the same way that I blame the President of UConn Susan Herbst for our terrible Sport Conference Situation. I don't want excuses, I want results. Get the deal done

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum More Garrapolo

Link Copied to Clipboard