Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:
Source tells @sportingnews that @Browns HC Hue Jackson has interest in bringing ex- @Bengals OC Ken Zampese onto his coaching staff.

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/948316678588391424

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:
Source tells @sportingnews that @Browns HC Hue Jackson has interest in bringing ex- @Bengals OC Ken Zampese onto his coaching staff.

I hope John Dorsey chokes out Hue Jackson in their meeting room.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: edromeo
I think Ryan would be a good hire at OC.

Rob or Rex?

#GMSTRONG
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
When asked this question:

Quote:
Is Jimmy Haslam letting Dorsey make changes to Hue's staff?

https://twitter.com/IcEnVeinZ/status/948322326592049158

Mike Silver responded:

Quote:
Hue and Dorsey are working together. They're in lockstep. It's awesome. Imagine that!

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/948323037589352448

Mike Silver after the 2017 draft:

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Quote:

I hope John Dorsey chokes out Hue Jackson in their meeting room.

Thank God I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I read this earlier.

I really want to give Hue the benefit of the doubt, but then things like this make me want to bang my head against the wall.

The Bengals offense started off terrible. Supposedly there was almost a mutiny against this coach.

Why can't he just give up the play calling duties, focus on the team as a whole, and let this Sean Ryan get the job?

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
O
Legend
Legend
O
Maybe this was Hue's OC selection for this past year?

You know, the guy that wasn't going to survive the season with the talent they had!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Maybe this was Hue's OC selection for this past year?

You know, the guy that wasn't going to survive the season with the talent they had!

Mary Kay said he'd be on the team an as an assistant or positional coach.

I don't think he'd be offensive coordinator fingerscrossed

I like what I've read about this Sean Ryan guy. We certainly need a change. Hue has way too much on his plate. He's lucky he's making it to year three. It's a mistake that should have been corrected year two

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Not really looking like Hue had a lot of say in this pick. He seems to go with guys that he's worked with before.

When did Hue work w/Gregg Williams?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Not really looking like Hue had a lot of say in this pick. He seems to go with guys that he's worked with before.

When did Hue work w/Gregg Williams?

I should have specified on the offensive side of the ball.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Maybe Hue just wants the best guy and is willing to trust Dorsey?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe Hue just wants the best guy and is willing to trust Dorsey?

Maybe, but you would expect a more personal connection for the guy he was protecting from getting fired.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I actually hope Al Saunders is named the OC and that Hue retains the play calling duties. Saunders is experienced and smart. He can do the daily chores of being the OC and really help w/the game plan. But, Hue is a good play caller and play designer. I don't want to lose that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I actually was expecting Al Saunders to be named the guy. That doesn't seem to be happening though.

Whoever we get should probably call the plays because Hue can't seem to manage doing that and clock management at the same time.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I actually hope Al Saunders is named the OC and that Hue retains the play calling duties. Saunders is experienced and smart. He can do the daily chores of being the OC and really help w/the game plan. But, Hue is a good play caller and play designer. I don't want to lose that.

This would be a good idea, but I think Hue's problem is he gets too wrapped in his play sheet and misses things a HC shouldn't. He needs to manage the whole team as a HC, after reading him pretty much admit he had too much on his plate, I believe it would work better for him if someone else called the plays. A HC can trump a OC if he sees that a certain play is what he wants. I'm sure that happens a lot in this league.

Maybe an Asst head Coach would do the trick. I, too, have always liked his plays. Maybe he just needs someone to help him keep track of the whole thing during the game. An extra set of eyes, if you will.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good points.

I would rather have a guy like Saunders handle the day-to-day duties of being an OC and help w/the game plan.

I would like for Hue to call the plays.

I would like for another--or others--to be in charge of time management, replays, etc. I am not so sure that isn't already the case........for example........challenges. I think they come from upstairs. Perhaps we need a new set of eyes and minds in those areas.

Legend
Legend
We are going to but heads on this one buddy. I don't want Hue to call a single play.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Did you think his play calling in Cinci was a problem? If so, why in the hell was he the hottest HC candidate just a couple of years ago?

Legend
Legend
As we both know your playing calling looks a lot better when you have the talent on offense. Cincy had that talent when Hue was there, AND I liked him at that time. But right now I think he has lost it. He is all HUE, HUE, HUE, right now and could give two craps about Cleveland.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Big deal.

Do you know how many coaches have left one spot for another? The ego thing doesn't bother me. He isn't my friend. He is a freaking coach.

We're on the right track bro. Jump on the train.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good points.

I would rather have a guy like Saunders handle the day-to-day duties of being an OC and help w/the game plan.

I would like for another--or others--to be in charge of time management, replays, etc. I am not so sure that isn't already the case........for example........challenges. I think they come from upstairs. Perhaps we need a new set of eyes and minds in those areas.

Agreed. It doesn't matter how it gets done as long as it gets done.

If challenges are coming from upstairs, that guy needs to be replaced. They don't need to fire the guy, just have somebody else managing the red flags.

Last edited by DeputyDawg; 01/02/18 09:48 PM.
Legend
Legend
Big deal.

Do you know how many coaches have left one spot for another? The ego thing doesn't bother me. He isn't my friend. He is a freaking coach.

We're on the right track bro. Jump on the train.

If you want to jump on the train then Jump on Flip's train. I told you two years ago, I told you before this season, and I will be screaming it loud and proud this off season. Flip is DA man.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Flip ran the ball less than Hue.

Bro, I get the friendship thing, but we're going to be okay.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DeFilipo? I'll agree with that about not running the ball enough.

But he was pretty good at calling passing plays. He sure did a lot with a little.

I'm a bit timid about Hue Jackson at this point.

And Al Saunders has already been on the team for two years. Why wouldn't he be our O-Coordinator already? I mean, didn't Jackson realize that this offense wasn't getting better and that he looked so disorganized on game day?

Nope. I'd rather bring in an O-Coordinator. Let Jackson run the team as a whole, direct it towards where he wants going, and start macro-managing decisions.

Delegating is a big part of being a leader. He needs to identify good support, and delegate some of his duties.

Legend
Legend

I get that., and I admit I let friendships get in the way personal decisions. Flip knows his [censored], he got the short end of the stick in Cleveland, and he and his better half deserve all the happiness they can get.

V
Legend
Legend
V
His career is trending up. thumbsup

L
Legend
Legend
L
I would love to see Flip here as OC and if Hue falters take over as HC, I think he's about at that point in his career

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
People complain about Hue not running the ball, but Flip ran it less.

L
Legend
Legend
L

most of his career was as a QB coach, i get it..but if you compare this year and 2015 the number of rushes were almost identical, but you'd have to bet he would be more balanced just by natural progression. Hes a bright guy, does well wherever he goes. He's one of those guys that is going to get it..he puts in the work. So I don't really hold 2015 against anyone, that was an ugly season by all stretches. I'm just talking in general. I like him and I think he's going to be the next great thing. His work ethic is impressive

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
Flip was quoted on more than one occasion that he would abandon the run if teams stopped it early.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

People complained about Flip not running the ball as well.

I wouldn't question abandoning the run if we weren't getting 4.5 yards a carry and forcing a rookie with accuracy problems to throw it 50 times a game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think our numbers are skewed due to trailing in games and because teams stack the box.

Hue ran the ball in Cinci.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A stacked box should skew the numbers in the opposite direction shouldn't it?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was speaking about the number of carries per game. Long runs vs stacked boxes can skew the stats, though.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
A stacked box should skew the numbers in the opposite direction shouldn't it?

A lot of plays where teams stacked the box, our personnel was two tight ends and in the I. No one is going to stack the box against a team that throws it 35 times a game unless the personnel called for a run.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Kirk Cousins or Josh Risen.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Cleveland Browns could be getting ready to beef up their coaching staff, something that is being done in “lockstep” between the head coach and general manager, according to Mike Silver of the NFL Network.

So far, there are two rumored candidates being considered for positions on the offensive staff. Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network says the Browns have requested permission to interview Houston Texans quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan for their vacant offensive coordinator job:

Ian Rapoport
✔
@RapSheet
The #Browns have requested permission to speak with #Texans QB coach Sean Ryan for their vacant OC job, Cleveland sources say. His work with rookie QB Deshaun Watson has not gone unnoticed.
7:59 AM - Jan 2, 2018
101 101 Replies 587 587 Retweets 2,223 2,223 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
In addition, Alex Marvez of FOX Sports says that Jackson has an interest in bringing former Bengals offensive coordinator Ken Zampese onto his staff.

Alex Marvez
✔
@alexmarvez
2:14 PM - Jan 2, 2018
39 39 Replies 69 69 Retweets 78 78 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
One would hope that Zampese is not being considered for the Browns’ offensive coordinator spot. He was fired from the Bengals this season after a disastrous start to the year, and things started clicking again in Cincy the second he was removed. Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain Dealer believes that Zampese is merely being considered for an “offensive assistant” role.

As for Ryan, he didn’t call plays for the Texans, but Rapoport said that his work with a young quarterback “did not go unnoticed.” Cleveland’s search for an offensive coordinator is expected to include other candidates, but the fact that people are being interviewed likely means that the team will fill the job for the first time under Jackson’s watch. Whether he gives up playcalling duties remains to be seen

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/2/1...ive-coordinator

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...remember Hue is the HC and he will want to get HIS guy at OC not some up and comer who will want his own playbook. Its common sense he is going to go with somebody who can utilize his playbook, his Language.

Hue needs help in preparing the O for EXECUTION of plays.

Its never been the play calling its the execution.

As for Hues comments about not bringing in an OC because of the talent. It was a kind way of saying nobody would have wanted to go through a QB room of Kizer, Kessler and Hogan.

I think Hue did a good job with Kizer and saw improvement from him. But it was a scenario that no first time OC would have coveted.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
j/c...remember Hue is the HC and he will want to get HIS guy at OC ...

This is worrisome to me. I want more than a simple 'yes-man', recognizing of course that they need to be on the same page. I do not know whether John DePhillipo (sic?) is that guy or not, but I would like to see him back here...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 01/03/18 07:30 AM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Legend
Legend
B
Good points.

That sounds a lot like being a offensive coordinator.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Offensive Coordinator

Link Copied to Clipboard