OP Offline
Legend
ill-timed penalties
ill-timed turnovers
dropped passes
bad special teams
bad secondary

weeks 1-17

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
ill-timed penalties
ill-timed turnovers
dropped passes
bad special teams
bad secondary

weeks 1-17

That about sums it up. They tried to give us this game. They really did.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
T
Legend
Legend
T
I think Hue ran out of new ideas in September of 2016!

D
Legend
Legend
D
0 - 16 ...

NUFF SAID!!!

We lost to there back ups ... THERE BACK UPS ...

As if 0 - 16 isn’t bad enough ....

THERE BACK UPS!!!!

Ridley wasnt even in the league a month ago ....

THERE BACK UPS!!!

Legend
Legend
It went pretty much how I thought it would. We kept it closer than I thought though, towards the end. Coleman blew it, but even if he caught it there was potential for disaster (like an interception/whatnot) after that, so... you know.

I'm glad the season is over.

Next year I hope we have a new vet QB.

Legend
Legend
turnovers and special teams... Lost for words.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Diam,
They were not all backups but alot of them were. And what diff does that make when our team is full of rookies and 3nd year players??

Just a rough year.

1st String
1st String
Kizer did a goo job today as our...... best runner! Huh!

Groza76

Go Browns, WIN or lose, forever!
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
JuJu Smith OWNED us this game, I mean, that's just sad

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The youngest player in the league ate our lunch. He didn't seem to have much trouble and with a nearly entire second team offense! It's a young man's game and either our young men stink or are ill prepared.

T
Legend
Legend
T
You only play 16 games

How many back up, 2nd string, quarterbacks could Hue Jackson not game plan to beat this year.

at least 3 before today, now Add todays result to the number!

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
There is plenty of blame to go around for everybody in this organization. From Haslam to Brown, to Jackson to the players on the field.

Pointing one out over the other is like pointing out which hole in the ship is causing the boat to sink....they all are! It's not just the one.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
picks 1 and 4

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
ANYTHING DIFFERENT WOULD BE A POSITIVE!!

I'D EVEN BE EXCITED IF PEP HAMILTON WERE NAMED HEAD COACH.

I'D EVEN BE EXCITED IF SASHI BROWN WERE NAMED HEAD COACH.

ANY

THING

DIFFERENT

WOULD HAVE TO BE LOOKED AT AS A POSITIVE AT THIS POINT!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
ANYTHING DIFFERENT WOULD BE A POSITIVE!!

I'D EVEN BE EXCITED IF PEP HAMILTON WERE NAMED HEAD COACH.

I'D EVEN BE EXCITED IF SASHI BROWN WERE NAMED HEAD COACH.

ANY

THING

DIFFERENT

WOULD HAVE TO BE LOOKED AT AS A POSITIVE AT THIS POINT!

No, now it will just look different.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Yeah, we lose to the likes of Landry Jones, Brett Hundley, Jacoby Brissett, and Case Keenum

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I saw Joe Haden get absolutely torched by Gordon...was nice to see.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Can't wait to see Eotabs what I saw thread where 7 people reply

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't want to think about it right now I am embarrassed watching this team lose to the Steelers backups frown

Last edited by PastorMarc; 12/31/17 05:38 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
R
Legend
Legend
R
0-16 was never in any doubt.

I see 0-16 next year as well, especially if Hue is back.

In Sashi's departing shot, he said something to the effect of "I'll be smiling when the Browns turn it around". Well, I hope he was watching Coleman on that last play. And smiling. What a buffoon.

I see no hope for the future. Rosen doesn't want to play here and is injury prone. Darnold, don't know what people see in that guy. I've never seen the guy execute one professional concept and I watched about 4 games. He's a project. Everyone else is also a project. The forced marriage of Hue and Dorsey is doomed for disaster. Haslam still owns the team and is involved with day to day team business. No, 0-16 is a real possibility next year.

Coleman isn't the reason why we lost the game. He's also not the reason the Browns are 0-16, but when will Browns players make an important, impact play. These guys are supposed to be professionals. The NFL should dismantle the team, send the players off to other teams, and go to 31 NFL teams.

The Browns covered.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I don't want to think about it right now I am embarrassed watching this team lose to the Steelers backups frown

They lose to the Steeler backups every year. You should be numb to it by now.

A tradition like no other.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We lost to backups...LOL!!!!!!!!!!

0-16 Forever!

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
How come the Browns can't draft impact rookies like the Steelers can ?

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Remember when some of the national writers said the 1 15 and 0 16 season was a possibility and the posters on here took offense

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
The youngest player in the league ate our lunch. He didn't seem to have much trouble and with a nearly entire second team offense! It's a young man's game and either our young men stink or are ill prepared.

I wouldn't feel too badly about that, the kid is going to be amazing. He just put up 193 yards on somebody a few weeks ago.

A good game and about what I expected. But Cleveland's offense did carve up the Steelers D more than I was expecting. Obviously, the key mistakes a crucial times killed them.

Last edited by Pittfan43; 12/31/17 05:46 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
- Browns lose to the Steelers JV squad for the second year in a row.

- 0-16

- There is actually going to be an 0-16 parade in Cleveland

- Hue is patting himself on the back for his fortitude over the past two years

- Haslam proudly supporting the idea of returning 1-31 for a third season

- The message sent is that 0-16 is now acceptable

- There are no standards anymore for this franchise. The bar is laying on the ground.

- Corey Coleman having that ball doink off his hands and face put a nice bow on this season.

- The players tried super hard.........again.

- Thankfully, The Browns season is over.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Landry Jones is lifetime 2 0 vs the Browns

B
Legend
Legend
B
We are making progress....our starters are almost as good as the Steelers back-ups.

Happy New Year!!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Landry Jones is lifetime 2 0 vs the Browns

He always wins his yearly start.

S
Legend
Legend
S
There's no reason to fully break down this entire game.

I am glad this season is over. I will not be renewing my subscription to Sunday Ticket. I don't really watch all the other games, the Browns being horrible definitely puts me off, but it's just not worth the money. I am going to try and invest in a firestick or some other option for next season. Last year I paid all kinds of money, and the only time I saw a win, I was in Cleveland, and not even using my subscription. This year? Well you know the rest.

Deshone Kizer played a good game. As the broadcasters said, only Heyward was left out of the lineup for the defense. He held his own. That's nice, but as a whole, Kizer's season wasn't good enough, even for a rookie, and some of that is by his own fault, but a lot of that lies on his coach, who is supposed to be really good with quarterbacks.

I love Duke Johnson. Yeah, that fumble as on him (heck ofa play by the db though), but he's fun to watch. You can really tell how good he is by the respect he gets from the opposition. Seems like he is respected by the entire league.

Our pass rush needs to be better. The defense had no excuse today. Pittsburgh sat all their good offense players aside from JuJu.

I know JH has been firm with keeping Hue, but I just don't buy it. I do buy that maybe they are bluffing with trying to get Cincinnati to make an offer, but they really just need to stop worrying about a damn draft pick, and let the guy go, and do a full search, and let your damn GM do his job.

This whole coach reporting to owner, GM being an almost equal to the coach doesn't work when you are as bad we are. I think there needs to be an Owner>GM>Coach hierarchy until a coach comes here and proves he deserves more than 1 or 2 seasons.

I can't believe we have picks 1 and 4. That's crazy. There is some great talent coming out this spring. The Browns better cash in.

Corey Coleman needs to take a good long look in the mirror and challenge himself to be a better player. I think there is a good player somewhere in there, but I've been underwhelmed, and I think there have been too many red flags with him. This is going to be a huge offseason for him.

Hang in there guys. There are better days ahead.

E
Legend
Legend
E
We might have played against backups....but....

This game was very fun to watch. We actually scored points.

Kizer made some great throws. But he also really wanted to throw it to the Steelers.

We had a chance. That's more than I can say for most of the season....

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
- There are no standards anymore for this franchise. The bar is laying on the ground..

- Thankfully, The Browns season is over.

Just gotta shake my head. There are no words...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
This game was very fun to watch.

Did you change bars, Eve?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Good news!

I'm still alive.

Quote:
by me:

If I had to bet my life on this game, I'd take Cleveland +6.

But it was close.

All Pro
All Pro
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

When Lord, When do I get to see the sailboat!

---------------------------------------------------------

#gmstrong

We are not called on to be successful. We are called on to be faithful.
Rookie
Rookie
I just can not see the progress in the team . It is said that a well coached team gets better and shows progress as the year goes on . I can't see the progress , if anything I see regression in every QB that Hue has coached for us . I just don't see how we can bring Hue back.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/947549484598296578

Kizer has caused more divots with throws in the dirt than @budshaw in a 9 hole round.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: 79Jacketdog
I just can not see the progress in the team . It is said that a well coached team gets better and shows progress as the year goes on . I can't see the progress , if anything I see regression in every QB that Hue has coached for us . I just don't see how we can bring Hue back.

Nope.

If this team were losing, but you still saw development, and guys playing good disciplined football, that's one thing, but you are constantly seeing unforced errors, blunders on special teams, and pure stupidity.

I don't really understand what's so great about Hue Jackson. Forget the whole offensive mind thing. I think most of us believe this guy does know offense, and can call plays, but that doesn't mean you should be a head coach. I think most would agree this guy is a pretty good coordinator. Take what you have seen over the last two years, the only positive I can think about with Hue Jackson is that the players seem to love him. But of course they do. They can play undisciplined, and it's still ok.

A lot of fans have thrown around the term "culture of losing" when it has come to the Browns, and I think a lot of those times, that's unfair. I think Mike Pettine did everything he could. Romeo Crennel, respected throughout the league, multiple times super bowl champion as a DC, did everything he could, I don't think those guys built some culture of losing. It just didn't work out.

THIS is a real culture of losing. These guys love coach because he tolerates them not being at their very best. I don't think he challenges his players enough. I don't think he's gotten everything out of his guys.

It's a scary thought that this could continue into next year. Someone within that organization needs to stop Jimmy Haslam from making a horrible mistake.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 79Jacketdog

I do think the Oline gelled nicely as the season progressed, even with the injury to Thomas. Sadly, Hue has not been able to bring along a QB in his system...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
[quote=79Jacketdog]

THIS is a real culture of losing. These guys love coach because he tolerates them not being at their very best.

I don't think that is true at all. nobody likes losing...nobody.

especially people used to winning.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Steelers 28 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard