Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Tulsa #1387887 01/08/18 09:46 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
So you can't pass a field sobriety test walking a straight line but you can run as fast a Reggie Bush? Is that into a light pole?

Okay the picture in my mind of William Perry as a gazelle is really funny! laugh

Edit: I was never interested enough before to even watch the arrest video. So I just did. Baker only got 3 steps, hardly enough time to build up any speed, when glazed donuts took him down because he had the angle on him.

A really stupid decision but a drunk 21 year old making a stupid decision isn't that shocking.

It just occurred to me that we've been reduced to breaking down tape of players' drinking binges.

So.... I think the takeaways here are that he lacks recognition skills; if he could have read what he was facing, he'd have scrambled away better. The fact that JellyDonuts caught him also re-frames his athleticism - clearly it isn't as elite as his hype videos would have you think.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
So you can't pass a field sobriety test walking a straight line but you can run as fast a Reggie Bush? Is that into a light pole?

Okay the picture in my mind of William Perry as a gazelle is really funny! laugh

Edit: I was never interested enough before to even watch the arrest video. So I just did. Baker only got 3 steps, hardly enough time to build up any speed, when glazed donuts took him down because he had the angle on him.

A really stupid decision but a drunk 21 year old making a stupid decision isn't that shocking.

It just occurred to me that we've been reduced to breaking down tape of players' drinking binges.

So.... I think the takeaways here are that he lacks recognition skills; if he could have read what he was facing, he'd have scrambled away better. The fact that JellyDonuts caught him also re-frames his athleticism - clearly it isn't as elite as his hype videos would have you think.

I will agree that he didn't go through his progressions and made the decision to scramble based on information that clearly didn't include JellyDonuts. But to say 'we've been reduced to' is a bit harsh when I was actually thinking this could be a step up.

#GMSTRONG
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Baker Mayfield

Link Copied to Clipboard