Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
PitDAWG #1395960 01/22/18 11:50 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yet that's not even close to what he said. A SWING and a miss!

He probably thought Jimmy took a swing at a HC and missed, but he didn't say it out loud. It's easier right now to force an OC on Hue that has some HC experience, so he can eventually replace Hue next year.

DeputyDawg #1395967 01/22/18 12:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Smack in the Pure Football Forum. I'll leave you to that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DeputyDawg #1395970 01/22/18 12:05 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Yep, he realized that agreeing with Hue was hazardous to his job security. I think he realized the talent he needs to win is at the HC spot.

or just maybe he has now time to study a lot more game film and realizes we have more YOUNG talent than he thought.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1396033 01/22/18 01:21 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Yep, he realized that agreeing with Hue was hazardous to his job security. I think he realized the talent he needs to win is at the HC spot.

or just maybe he has now time to study a lot more game film and realizes we have more YOUNG talent than he thought.

The comments were made one week apart. I guess that is enough time to watch some film, but my guess is that he put his foot in his mouth and then had to back track.

PitDAWG #1396035 01/22/18 01:22 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Certainly not enough of them.

Definitely more than zero wins enough though, right?

You do realize that even Dorsey sees the problem. Just read my sig. Maybe you should email him your complaints?

Is this your signature:

Quote:
One week after implying that the previous Cleveland Browns regime had failed in acquiring "real players," newly christened Browns general manager John Dorsey walked back that assessment.

"Listen, you guys are professional wordsmiths," Dorsey told 92.3 The Fan on Tuesday. "I am not a professional wordsmith. I'm a football guy. My intent was to say we don't have enough good football players. There's some good football players on this team.

"Are there some good young football players on this team? You bet there are. And you know what, we're going to get some more football players, and we're going to get some Ws, too."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...eal-players-jab

Well when you say what you mean and it doesn't sell, you have to do the PC thing. I mean it's a corporation. So no matter how you slice it, he knows we need more talent to win. lmao

So when he says what you like, you present it as gospel. But when he says something contrary to that he is lying?

cfrs15 #1396047 01/22/18 01:30 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you think when you backtrack on what you said, you're being more honest? Yeah, that's the ticket. lmao

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1396052 01/22/18 01:33 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
So you think when you backtrack on what you said, you're being more honest? Yeah, that's the ticket. lmao

Or you were lying the first time.

cfrs15 #1396056 01/22/18 01:35 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that's the first thing most people do when they get hired. Lie right out of the gate. Let's face it, the first thing he did was pretty much say the talent sucked. Looking at the statement you provided, all he really said was the talent sucked less.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1396057 01/22/18 01:37 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Yeah, that's the first thing most people do when they get hired. Lie right out of the gate. Let's face it, the first thing he did was pretty much say the talent sucked. Looking at the statement you provided, all he really said was the talent sucked less.

Well, he didn't lie right out of the gate. In his first press conference he said that Sashi Brown set up the team great for the future.

cfrs15 #1396072 01/22/18 01:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
He did in the way of salary cap and draft picks. But you have to use those resources properly for all of that to pay off. I mean we've been set up when it comes to draft picks the last couple of years. We sort of punted on those to set it up for the following year.

It's a great position to be in for sure. But at some point you have to spend that capital and you have to get it right. Hey, Sashi did some very good things while he was here too.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1396079 01/22/18 01:56 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That darn logic stuff isn't going to fly here!

PitDAWG #1396081 01/22/18 01:58 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hue's making a career out of it.

PitDAWG #1396084 01/22/18 02:00 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
He did in the way of salary cap and draft picks. But you have to use those resources properly for all of that to pay off. I mean we've been set up when it comes to draft picks the last couple of years. We sort of punted on those to set it up for the following year.

It's a great position to be in for sure. But at some point you have to spend that capital and you have to get it right. Hey, Sashi did some very good things while he was here too.

There is also young talent on their rookie contracts (Myles Garrett, Emmanuel Ogbah, David Njoku, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Duke Johnson, Larry Ogunjobi, Danny Shelton, Joe Schobert, and, somehow, Josh Gordon) and veterans under contract for 2018 (Joe Thomas, Joel Bitonio, Kevin Zeitler, Christian Kirksey, Jason McCourty, and Jamie Collins) to go along with the cap space and draft picks.

This team is set up extremely well for the future and it would take gross negligence to mess it up.

cfrs15 #1396095 01/22/18 02:10 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not quite so sure about that. Some of these players will improve and some will not. And there's a lot of areas in need of improvement. Our secondary is putrid at best. Let's face it, to this point Calhoun is probably a pretty good nickel back (the position, not the musical group, but he's not a legit CB. We certainly need a QB and most likely a RB. Corey Coleman hasn't developed to this point and Gordon certainly hasn't shown he can be depended on. I mean we could go further but at this juncture people can really disagree.

I see a lot of young players. Some are certainly performing well to an extent. But real impact players? Only time can give us those answers.

So if you claim it would take gross negligence to continue to find a QB and fix a flailing O, then that's all we've had for the past 18 years. Because the talent on the O side of the ball and our secondary is terrible.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1396101 01/22/18 02:22 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Because the talent on the O side of the ball and our secondary is terrible.

Agreed. I don't think I have ever said any different. But Rome wasn't built in a day.

Some would say that the two most important parts of the team, the offensive and defensive line, are basically fixed and ready to go. That is very important.

I'm not quite so sure about that. Some of these players will improve and some will not. And there's a lot of areas in need of improvement. Our secondary is putrid at best. Let's face it, to this point Calhoun is probably a pretty good nickel back (the position, not the musical group, but he's not a legit CB. We certainly need a QB and most likely a RB. Corey Coleman hasn't developed to this point and Gordon certainly hasn't shown he can be depended on. I mean we could go further but at this juncture people can really disagree.

Nickel backs are basically starting players on every team in the NFL. They are very valuable. I didn't mention Corey Coleman for a reason. I think he has talent, but he has also been injured.

WSU Willie #1396737 01/23/18 05:04 PM
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Not so sure this team is set up as well as you think for the future, I think there is some talent there, but what happens when all those young guys with talent start getting into there negotiations for there next contract, that’s a lot of contracts and money to figure out. Will we be able to keep all the players we’d like to keep?

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: dean_fairchild
Not so sure this team is set up as well as you think for the future, I think there is some talent there, but what happens when all those young guys with talent start getting into there negotiations for there next contract, that’s a lot of contracts and money to figure out. Will we be able to keep all the players we’d like to keep?

That's a great point and one that my friends and I are hot on right now. That pending issue makes the search for a vet QB even more imperative.

We aren't in "win-now" mode by any stretch...but it's right around the corner with such a lopsided roster.

Vet QB..vet WRs...vet DBs...that will change this team right now

V
Legend
Legend
V

I brought that up when Sashi made the plan. Of course, I was called clueless and it wasn't even worth discussing.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I brought that up when Sashi made the plan. Of course, I was called clueless and it wasn't even worth discussing.

Sashi is gone...you need to get over it. You bring his name up more than the rest of the board...COMBINED.

WSU Willie #1396888 01/23/18 09:01 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I thought we were discussing contracts expiring.

Oh my, are you suggesting this was Hue's plan? LMAO

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
I thought we were discussing contracts expiring.

Oh my, are you suggesting this was Hue's plan? LMAO

I certainly WAS discussing expiring contracts. I don't care about Sashi...he's gone. I don't think Hue has any control over player contracts or acquisition anymore.

Since you asked, I don't think Hue even HAS a plan.

WSU Willie #1396898 01/23/18 09:11 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
So, let me make sure I understand your rules..........when we are discussing expiring contracts, we are not permitted to mention Sashi?

Do I have that right?

WSU Willie #1396899 01/23/18 09:12 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vers is working on his next vacation I see. Well I'm off to do something else.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
So, let me make sure I understand your rules..........when we are discussing expiring contracts, we are not permitted to mention Sashi?

Do I have that right?

You have the market cornered on demanding what, where and how others post. The real rules of the Board are there for all to read...no need to ask me. Just like we don't need you hi-jacking every thread to tell people where to post.

You are obsessed with Sashi...he's gone. Let it go.

DeputyDawg #1396907 01/23/18 09:18 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Vers is working on his next vacation I see. Well I'm off to do something else.

How so?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

No. You can't keep every player. It's why teams trade a Collins or a Garoppolo. We have the most players signed thru 2020 in the league, and we also have 4 picks in the top 35 of this year's draft. If we continue to draft well, we will be fine. That's how it works.

devicedawg #1397039 01/24/18 01:04 AM
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

No. You can't keep every player. It's why teams trade a Collins or a Garoppolo. We have the most players signed thru 2020 in the league, and we also have 4 picks in the top 35 of this year's draft. If we continue to draft well, we will be fine. That's how it works.

With that many guys, and this draft haul, all under essentially the same contracts, it's going to take some astute talent evaluation to figure out who to extend and when.

Hamfist #1397102 01/24/18 09:44 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Hamfist

With that many guys, and this draft haul, all under essentially the same contracts, it's going to take some astute talent evaluation to figure out who to extend and when.

Thank God that Sashi won't be making those decisions.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Hamfist

Thank God that Sashi won't be making those decisions.

Please stop ruining every thread with Sashi Sashi Sashi posts. He is long gone. This is a thread about the roster. There is a Sashi thread somewhere on the planet - that no cares about - where you can make these posts.

WSU Willie #1397124 01/24/18 10:24 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm sorry, but "the roster" has Sashi's influence all over it. And you have permitted Diam, rasta, and many others to hijack numerous threads w/their repeated attacks on Hue.

If they can turn every thread into a "Hue sucks" thread, than I can damn well talk about Sashi in a thread about the roster, especially since he is the one most responsible for our current roster.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm sorry, but "the roster" has Sashi's influence all over it. And you have permitted Diam, rasta, and many others to hijack numerous threads w/their repeated attacks on Hue.

If they can turn every thread into a "Hue sucks" thread, than I can damn well talk about Sashi in a thread about the roster, especially since he is the one most responsible for our current roster.

Except Sashi isn't here... nor has he been here for the past 2 1/2 months.

devicedawg #1397163 01/24/18 11:33 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet is was his decisions that have assembled the current roster. So maybe it will stop coming up when someone else starts signing FA's and making the draft picks.

Like it or not, our current roster is the roster Sashi assembled.

It's funny how it's fine to talk about Hue's past record. I mean those seasons are over, right? Just like Sashi being gone, right?

If you can trash Hues past actions, why is it you seem so butt hurt that people question Sashi?

Yeah, Sashi is gone but the team he built, or didn't build is right here, right now.

#gmstrong
devicedawg #1397176 01/24/18 11:57 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

WSU Willie #1397178 01/24/18 11:58 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And Pitdawg will be the first one to sing Sashi's praises when Dorsey cashes out on all of those picks and all of that Cap space Dorsey gets to enjoy this year. rolleyes

PitDAWG #1397188 01/24/18 12:12 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

WSU Willie #1397189 01/24/18 12:15 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DeputyDawg #1397209 01/24/18 12:42 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
And Pitdawg will be the first one to sing Sashi's praises when Dorsey cashes out on all of those picks and all of that Cap space Dorsey gets to enjoy this year. rolleyes

Hey somebody has to do it. I mean Sashi could have drafted Wentz but he instead kicked the can down the road. Hopefully we have someone who can step up the plate and commit to a QB.

#gmstrong
WSU Willie #1397218 01/24/18 12:50 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Again you really need to understand what "kick the can down the road" means.

Sashi would have drafted Wentz if our QB whisperer liked him enough.

We won't have to worry this year though Dorsey will tell Hue who his QB will be just like he told him who his OC will be.

DeputyDawg #1397223 01/24/18 12:53 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Again you really need to understand what "kick the can down the road" means.

Sashi would have drafted Wentz if our QB whisperer liked him enough.

We won't have to worry this year though Dorsey will tell Hue who his QB will be just like he told him who his OC will be.

Just like Dorsey made him hire an OC and give up play calling. Apparently Dorsey didn't think Hue was doing a good job at it.

DeputyDawg #1397229 01/24/18 12:57 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you wish to blame Hue because Sashi didn't do his job. Sad really.....

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Roster

Link Copied to Clipboard