Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#1400757 02/01/18 12:54 PM
C
clwb419 Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
C
The other thread locked, so I figured I'd open another. I'm guessing until he officially signs somewhere, there will be people wanting to talk about him.

Quote:

Originally Posted By: eotab

no I hit reply to the person Im talking to if not I put j/c.

Its ok for u to have an opinion.
All I know is I watched at least 6 full games. I was very impressed with his arm strength, accuracy, command of the playbook, leadership n comfort in the pocket. If he was 6'3" + he would be the front runner for overall #1 pick. I love him but I cannot rationalize taking him #1 why I say he is not slotted for us to get him in the draft. I do see him dropping because of his height. FA QB pick up could have us target him.

You know who will end up taking him?

NE Patriots...wont surprise me at all.

Stating u dont want him over n over doesnt cut it with me. Not cause of disagreement but because u didnt state why. Note I dont know what u did just in that reply u didnt.

Device does over do it but at least he is pationate on who he wants.

Coolio, I refered to him in my post directly before your reply, so I was just checking.

As per saying I don't wanting him in the first round over and over not cutting it, I can appreciate that. I watched 4 or 5 of his games this year, and a couple in previous years.

What I like:
+His production is unquestionable.
+He's a passionate dude
+From what I've seen and read, he's liked by his teammates and coaches
+Accuracy
+Good enough arm
+Very good athlete
+pretty good pocket awareness, and shows the ability to get out of trouble

What I question:
+His size
+Mechanics and footwork need improvement (but I think they're coachable)
+Immaturity reminds me of Manziel-lite
+Not sure him being somewhat of a gunslinger will translate
+While not a Mike Leech offense, his offense was very QB friendly

What I don't remember:
+his ability to lead receivers
+time under center
+can he read defenses and adjust

I think he's part Manziel, part Russell Wilson, part Jeff Garcia. If he's more of the latter 2, whatever NFL team gets him will be at least content, if not happy or very happy. If he's more of Manziel, then he may have a short career. Because of the above, I wouldn't take a chance on taking him at 1 or 4. Late first maybe, second or later yes.

I like your NE pick, I can see that. The other team I can see is New Orleans.

Legend
Legend
CHAD JOHNSON SAYS KIRK COUSINS WILL SIGN WITH CLEVELAND BROWNS, JOE THOMAS SAYS TEAM IS THE FAVORITE

http://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/sport...te/95-513539574

I trust Ocho Cinco.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1400941 02/01/18 09:13 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
CHAD JOHNSON SAYS KIRK COUSINS WILL SIGN WITH CLEVELAND BROWNS, JOE THOMAS SAYS TEAM IS THE FAVORITE

I trust Ocho Cinco.

I had 10 seconds of hope.

I was all happy and then that nagging thought of the 80's playoff games where John Elway and the Broncos bite us in the butt in the final seconds crept in.

I'm all sad now. banghead

Swish #1400943 02/01/18 09:21 PM
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I trust Ocho Cinco.

I still think too many people are unfairly critical. I die a little inside when people in the media, and social media, complain that Cousins wants to join a winner and thus the Browns aren't an option - but the 5-11 Jets and Broncos are?

Give me a break.

I'm right there with Ocho. The Browns have an already-exciting young foundation to work with. Gordon, Johnson and Njoku are not only excited, but they'll undoubtedly be boosted by additional skill options for a quarterback to utilize.

I'm also there with Thomas. What the Browns have, that no other team offers, is an incredible capacity to build upon the existing talent. It's a young team with cap space and draft picks to do something special. I'd take that over the 5-11 teams with an older roster and far fewer assets to build with.

Why not us? The stigma is worse than the reality. Anyone can stare at the record and see a team going nowhere. I think anyone objective is going to see a team with incredible potential and exciting options to grow into a window of contention with.

It doesn't mean we will sign Cousins, but I'm not buying the idea that the Browns have zero chance.

Swish #1400944 02/01/18 09:22 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

I trust Ocho Cinco.

I always liked Chad ... rofl

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Swish #1400951 02/01/18 09:47 PM
Legend
Legend

I trust Ocho Cinco.

Brian Russell hit him harder than I thought.

Swish #1400963 02/01/18 11:05 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I trust Ocho Cinco.

A sentence I have never heard before, or seen in print before.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
I forgot about that hit! Lol, thanks for the reminder.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

I trust Ocho Cinco.

Brian Russell hit him harder than I thought.

Swish #1401011 02/02/18 05:11 AM
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I trust Ocho Cinco.

Regarding the Ochocinco tweet, someone noticed that Allen Robinson liked it on Twitter. Just checked for myself, and he indeed did.

An elite, free agent receiver liking a tweet about a pro-bowl, free agent quarterback going to Cleveland? Mhmm.

Christian Kirksey also retweeted Ochocinco's tweet, saying, "definitely would have talent around him."

BDU #1401013 02/02/18 05:37 AM
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I would literally ROTFLMAO for 24 hours if it came out that Cousins Accepts LESS $ to Sign with CLEVELAND.

Cousins isn't my primo choice but if he is, so be it.

I IMMEDIATELY Move the #1 pick to Denver for a HAUL and instruct the person responsible for handing in the CARD to put 3 names on it at 4 and 5.

IN THIS ORDER.

Barkley
Minkah-Fitzpatrick
Chubb

kwhip #1401014 02/02/18 05:48 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That'd be a great spot to be in!
The promise of primo talent coming in would almost certainly be a factor.

I'm still thinking Chad Johnson doesn't have a clue what's on Cousins mind...

BDU #1401016 02/02/18 06:50 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Christian Kirksey also retweeted Ochocinco's tweet, saying, "definitely would have talent around him."

Dear Christian,

There is no talent on this team. See my opening press conference.

With love,
John Dorsey

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:

Dear Christian,

With love,
John Dorsey

Must be Groundhog Day....

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1401029 02/02/18 08:18 AM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:

Dear Christian,

With love,
John Dorsey

Or these guys think it's April Fool's Day!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
mac #1401039 02/02/18 08:46 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Now you know the feeling! thumbsup

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I still haven't decided whether or not I want the Browns to sign Cousins. I finally figured out why I am indecisive about this decision.

I really, really want the Browns to draft Rosen w/the first overall pick and I feel that we won't do that if we sign Cousins.

On the other hand, I am not real confident in the Browns choosing Rosen even if they don't sign Cousins and I would much rather have Cousins than any of the other qbs in the draft. The prospect of the Browns taking either Allen or Mayfield at #1 is like a nightmare.

Oh, and these are only my opinions and I understand that there are people who don't like Rosen and love either Allen or Mayfield.

L
Legend
Legend
L
If we can land a guy like cousins, then you can go after Fitz and Barkley with the first two picks or maybe trade down for more picks, pickup a mayfield, allen or rudolph later Thats going to go a long way to the rebuild. I like Rosen and Darnold but its a devil you know vs the devil you don't, Cousins has proven he can play in the NFL, Rosen is fragile and I think Darnold is a year or two away. If Rosen didn't already have concussion issues I'd say yeah no brainer(no pun). The great thing is we have a ton of capital to change this overnight. Next year should be exciting, I think we probably are looking for 5-6 players from this draft, I think we need to draft some special teams headhunters in the later part of the draft and not projects. WE have enough of those.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
if we land cousins, they can either go BPA, or sell the #1 to the highest bidder.

but i wouldn't budge at #4.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I still haven't decided whether or not I want the Browns to sign Cousins. I finally figured out why I am indecisive about this decision.

I really, really want the Browns to draft Rosen w/the first overall pick and I feel that we won't do that if we sign Cousins.

On the other hand, I am not real confident in the Browns choosing Rosen even if they don't sign Cousins and I would much rather have Cousins than any of the other qbs in the draft. The prospect of the Browns taking either Allen or Mayfield at #1 is like a nightmare.

Oh, and these are only my opinions and I understand that there are people who don't like Rosen and love either Allen or Mayfield.

I get the overall feeling of what you're saying. I think Cousins is a top notch QB that improves this team tremendously and allows the Browns to build other positions in the draft. That being said, I think many of us have that QB coming out that we just have to have on the Browns and don't want to see him go somewhere else and be a 15 year superstar. It's a question of a bird in the hand or 2 in the bush. For me that guy is Darnold. Like others with their guy, I just have a feeling about him. It's more than that, too. I love what I see in how he just seems to lead a team, doesn't get rattled, and has risen to the occasion often. He reminds of Brett Favre (both the good and the bad). I guess time will tell in all cases.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't dislike Rosen, it's just that he scares me more than Darnold, why, well he has a history of concussions for one and also his attitude (if reported correctly), that's why I would rather draft Darnold, if we pick Rosen I wouldn't be disappointed ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
That'd be a great spot to be in!
I'm still thinking Chad Johnson doesn't have a clue what's on Cousins mind...

I'm thinking Chad Johnson doesn't know whats going on in his OWN mind. '

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...
1. If we get Cousins I expect to for us to trade back from #1. Now it might be just to #2 as the Giants would want to prevent someone from jumping them for Rosen, I would expect their 2nd round pick. Or a boat lode of picks making #4 our first pick???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Cousins

trade back from #1 to a team who wants Rosen

keep #4 and draft Fitzpatrick .. end up with a TON of picks

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Reported Cousins wants top QB money.

We know Cousins is a good QB. The question for me is whether or not Cousins is good enough to pay ~30 mil per? At Cousin's ,reported, asking price is there still enough left to build a championship team?

Last edited by edromeo; 02/02/18 10:45 AM.
Swish #1401080 02/02/18 10:43 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Agree 100%.

I think trading down from 1 could net us the 5th or 6th pick and a hatful of other picks including next year's 1 .... And we'd be very likely to snag Barkley and Minka at the top of the draft and then have a ton of ammo to move back up for more top talent in this draft.

Signing Cousins potentially could mean:

Starting QB. A #1 CB. An elite RB. A future #1 next year and collateral to move up this year and take more top talent in a deep draft class. It's a hell of a remedy to get good quickly.

No matter which Quarterback you like in the draft, they all come with risk. There is potential for some of them to be great. But there is equal potential for some of them to be busts including the one you think is a can't miss prospect

The more things change the more they stay the same.
eotab #1401084 02/02/18 10:45 AM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
If we traded down any lower than to 5 w/ Denver, I would have a stroke.

E
Legend
Legend
E
for a team with 110 mil in cap space and ONE TOTAL WIN in 2 seasons. I dont think the 30 mil or close to it will be an issue.
You are talking about justification...we would most definitely justify it.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1401094 02/02/18 10:53 AM
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: eotab
for a team with 110 mil in cap space and ONE TOTAL WIN in 2 seasons. I dont think the 30 mil or close to it will be an issue.
You are talking about justification...we would most definitely justify it.
IF Kirk is on the table forecasting his salary in terms of team building is something the FO will have to factor in their decision making process.

And maybe the answer is yes, they believe there is enough to pay Kirk his reported ~30 mil per and still build a championship caliber team.

But lets make no mistake.....this team is not a QB away and has many areas that need to be addressed with all that cap space.

Last edited by edromeo; 02/02/18 10:54 AM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: CBFAN19
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:

Dear Christian,

With love,
John Dorsey

Or these guys think it's April Fool's Day!

With Cleveland sports, every day is April Fool's day!

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Kirk is in his prime and he is a proven QB. You pay him whatever it takes and to hell with cap numbers. If we don't have to draft a QB then we have two top five picks that can both gain us game changing talent.

There are also some very good CBs hitting FA so say we get saquan and fitz then we have an explosive offense and quite possibly an extremely dominant defence for a VERY long time.

to me if they don't do everything possible to make SURE they get Cousins they are crazy. If we just can't land him then we can't land him. But I better hear we offered him the most money in the NFL for a QB in the history of football with the cap space we have. If that ain't good enough then he can go where the sun don't shine.

I think he signs with us or the Cardinals. We can out pay them by a LOT though.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: edromeo

Cousins: I'll prioritize winning over money if I hit free agency

https://www.thescore.com/news/1476655

He's actually been saying this consistently.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
To me, I don't know why I should assume that we are going to get the same production of Cousins as he gave in Washington...

To me Cousins is like going 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 over the next 3 years.... whereas if we take the best quarterback in the this draft, it could be like going 5-11, 9-7, 13-3.

I'm taking the latter.

Last edited by devicedawg; 02/02/18 11:59 AM.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Yet his agent has made it clear to Washington that he was looking for ~30 mil and he wouldn't have accepted the same deal that Washington gave Smith.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Kirk @ ~30 mil

or

Vet of your choice + insert your rookie QB here

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Cousins: I'll prioritize winning over money if I hit free agency

https://www.thescore.com/news/1476655

He's actually been saying this consistently.
so we have the least amount of chance to land him ... NYJ, DEN (who I think have the best shot), AZ, JAX all have better chances

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
clwb419 Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
C

We know Cousins is a good QB. The question for me is whether or not Cousins is good enough to pay ~30 mil per? At Cousin's ,reported, asking price is there still enough left to build a championship team?

If we win games it is worth it, simple as that in my opinion.

I'd offer the exact deal Matt Stafford signed in Detroit. But with some front loading.

Stafford signed a 5 year, $135,000,000 contract, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $92,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $27,000,000. Stafford’s cap hit in year one was $16,500,000.

I'd offer Cousins the same deal, but front load some of the guarantees (first year roster bonus for example) say $25m or so, making his first year cap hit around 42 million. With a reported 118m avaialble, we'd still have 76m to play with. This also releives future salary caps.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet his agent has made it clear to Washington that he was looking for ~30 mil and he wouldn't have accepted the same deal that Washington gave Smith.

That could very well mean he doesn't wish to remain in Washington. I don't know. But let's face it, he's done about everything humanly possible to show Washington he doesn't want to sign long term with them.

All I can tell you is what Cousins has been saying about his plans as a FA. According to him his decision will not simply be based on the top bidder.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well that's really not what I'm trying to say. With the FO we have in place and Haley as our OC, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Dorsey can make certain guarantees to Cousins that could entice him to come here. I'm not saying that's a strong possibility but stranger things have happened.

My position is that those saying that all we have to do is throw the most money at him doesn't in any way line up with what Cousins has said about signing with a team in free agency.

#gmstrong
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I think the Browns are in the hunt for Kirk.

Kirk wants to a team to want him to be 'their' guy, he wants to win and he wants market value.

I think Kirk is a good short term move and wins games soon; I wonder about where it puts the organization long term team building though.

It is hard for good organizations to pay elite QBs max money and still field a championship level team.

Just another facet of the Kirk decision that may or may not resonate.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cousins Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard