Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I know that will get both you and Vers mad at me, but I don't care. I still consider both of you good friends.

I'm not mad at you Peen. Not in the slightest. That's not how I roll unless someone makes it personal as a few on here do.

Quote:
I just don't think the guy is a good head coach. I don't like him. He's a "me" type of guy.

Again, this is just my opinion....Me, mine, I....I don't expect to change anybody elses thinking. I am not even trying. I am just expressing my opinion on a message board.

And that's fine that you feel that way. I'm not trying to begrudge anyone of their feelings. It does however bother me that you are setting up a scenario that no matter what happens, even if it's good you will give Hue zero credit for it.

As if Hue will be nothing more than a figure head and if the team does well everyone around him will receive all of the credit and and Hue will have played no part in it. So no matter what happens, you have zero ability to be wrong.

Believe me, I don't feel that Hue is some great coach no matter what comments people make on the subject. I do believe that if given some actual talent on on O he could easily grow into the role. I don't know that's true but I believe that it's possible.

I just never thought of you as a guy who would try to set up a scenario to where your mind is made up no matter what the future holds. That you would not at least be open minded to see progression in Hue if and when it does occur. That's just an angle that I didn't expect from you.

Quote:
Hope you are doing well my friend.

My family and I are doing very well Peen. I hope the same holds true for you and yours my friend.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns T Joe Thomas thinks it’s unlikely Kirk Cousins chooses Cleveland

https://clutchpoints.com/browns-news-joe...oses-cleveland/

Quote:
“I think those chances are out the window, to be totally honest with you,” Thomas said. “It doesn’t seem like the Browns are going to land Kirk Cousins.”

Quote:
“I think Kirk is looking for a team like Denver that has a really good defense that in his opinion is like a quarterback away,” Thomas said.

Vambo #1410286 02/24/18 03:42 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
That makes perfect sense.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Nope.

Hue owns his records to this point even if the FO didn't help him. That is a part of being a coach. You own the record.

If everybody else wins the games and Hue is simply a bump on a log, he owns the record.

He is the head coach....I am very eager to root for him. I don't hold anything against him except his teams don't win. If that changes, I'll love him.

We are old dogs.....we need to start winning. We don't have many more 5 year plans in our bodies. At least I don't.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Vambo #1410358 02/24/18 05:47 PM
C
clwb419 Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Browns T Joe Thomas thinks it’s unlikely Kirk Cousins chooses Cleveland

https://clutchpoints.com/browns-news-joe...oses-cleveland/

Quote:
“I think those chances are out the window, to be totally honest with you,” Thomas said. “It doesn’t seem like the Browns are going to land Kirk Cousins.”

Quote:
“I think Kirk is looking for a team like Denver that has a really good defense that in his opinion is like a quarterback away,” Thomas said.

Denver is more than a QB away. They have average RBs. From what I read this past week, Elway has soured on both Sanders and Thomas. Their OL was not good in the games I saw. Defense yes, but Talib is likely gone and their DBs were average overall. They have, last I looked about 25m in cap space, more if they cut/trade Talib, so they can be somewhat active in FA. Regardless, they're more than a QB away.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

I didn't think Cousins would want to sign w/the Browns.

We just have to hope that Dorsey and his staff choose the right qb w/the first overall pick.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Jags were touted as a possible Cousins destination.

Maybe that window has closed. They inked Bortles to a new deal.

NFL.com the source

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the actual number of teams as a viable destination for Cousins is three. Jets, Denver, and unfortunately us. Jags were never in consideration, IMO and forget the Vikes too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Unpopular Opinions: Kirk Cousins, Browns perfect for each other

By Adam Rank
NFL.com Writer
Published: Feb. 20, 2018 at 09:05 a.m. Updated: Feb. 20, 2018 at 03:07 p.m. 0 Likes | 0 Comments
Read Discuss

Listen, I don't try to live my life as a contrarian. That's not true -- I kind of do. I spend a lot of time in public houses and taverns, and I have a two-hour commute that allows me to hear a lot of the sports world's most popular opinions. Sometimes, I think it's best to take a look at the other side.

In this space, I'll be articulating a handful of positions that are the opposite of what most people think -- unpopular opinions, if you will -- and explain why, well, my unpopular opinions are right and everyone else is wrong.

UNPOPULAR OPINION: Kirk Cousins should go to the Cleveland Browns.

I know -- I hate telling people what they should do. I don't like when people tell me what to do. I'm going out to Arizona for Spring Training in a few weeks. Any time I bring it up, nearly everybody has a suggestion of something I MUST do or see or eat while I'm out there.

"Oh, you'll be in Tempe? You have to check out this place I've discovered called Portillo's."

Yes, thanks for the tip on your secret spot. Like there wasn't one on Golf Road in Schaumburg (near the mall) where I lived the first four years of my life. I know Portillo's. Back off.

So, I don't want to be That Guy ... but I'm excited for Cousins to get his opportunity to test the free-agent market. How often does a top-15 quarterback in his prime just jump into free agency? (Well, if he does. Don't laugh. The NFL is a copycat league. The Eagles just won a Super Bowl with two starting-caliber quarterbacks on their roster. Maybe Washington wants to follow suit. Unlikely, but you never know in this wacky sport. OK, maybe in this instance, we do know. But I digress.)

It's exciting for Cousins, who undoubtedly will have many options at his disposal. Although one of them won't be a reunion with Kyle Shanahan in San Francisco, as the 49ers just locked up Jimmy Garoppolo on a record-setting deal. I feel for Cousins there. His fallback date for the prom just asked out a quarterback who is younger and hotter. It's like when Zack shows up at the prom in "She's All That" and Laney Boggs is there with Paul Walker.

But, yeah, I'm sure Cousins has this free agency thing handled. He doesn't need anybody else's help.

Dude, he does want help! (And yep -- this is my new thing. I now take everything on the Internet literally. Especially Twitter. Because you people do this to me all the time.)

If Kirk comes knocking on my door, I point him in one direction: Cleveland, Ohio.

I know, I know. It's a yearly tradition to tout the Browns' upside potential in the offseason. My esteemed colleague Dan Hanzus was in earshot when I mentioned this and he nearly sprained his eyes rolling them so hard. I get it. I'm surprised there isn't a Google alert on your phone for Browns fluff.

But Kirk, we're doing Cleveland. It's time to return to your Midwest roots.

I know what most of you readers are thinking ...

Bro, he's going to Denver. Nope.

Yes, the Broncos recently enjoyed success by signing another high-profile free-agent quarterback, making two Super Bowls and winning one. So there is a history. Von Miller has been courting Cousins on social media, often with the same desperation Lloyd Dobler had when he held that boom box over his head outside of Diane Court's house in "Say Anything" years ago. (We just had Valentine's Day weekend -- it wouldn't kill you to see something other than a superhero flick. Look for this on your streaming services.)

But the expectations are too high in the Mile High City. Anything less than Lombardi Trophy hoistage will be deemed an utter failure. John Elway is a top-four all-time QB for me, right behind Tom Brady and Joe Montana and just ahead of Randall Cunningham (don't @ me). That's a lot of pressure. It's one thing to have to answer to a software giant, or a guy who built an empire of big-box retail stores. It's quite another to answer to a guy who wears a gold jacket every August. Plus, Elway ran poor Tim Tebow out of town for having the audacity to win a playoff game. The only QB he's ever loved, it seems, is Brock Osweiler.

Another option for Cousins could be the Vikings, but you don't want that, because Aaron Rodgers is back in Green Bay, and the Bears are building the next great dynasty. And let's say you did do well in Minnesota -- you'd just be a guy replacing another successful guy. Like Jason Patric in "Speed 2." Or Mark Ruffalo taking over as The Hulk. Oh wait, that was an upgrade. No matter -- don't ruin my narrative.

Arizona is intriguing because of David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, but you have no idea what that will look like with a new head coach at the helm. And the Jets? Well, they are the Jets. Sorry, Hanzus. You asked for that.

So, it's Cleveland. Joe Thomas feels me.

This isn't a money grab, either. Cleveland boasts a bunch of young talent. And draft picks out the wazoo. (See: six selections in the first 65 draft slots this April.) The offensive line is stout. You have Josh Gordon. This cupboard's anything but bare.

And you saw those celebrations in Philadelphia, right? You win a Super Bowl in Cleveland, and the Browns' parade will make Philly's celebration look like the opening of a Dollar Tree in Parma. You'll be a conquering hero. Half the 2037 graduating class at Roosevelt High in Kent, Ohio, will be named Kirk or Kirkina. The airport ... Well, it probably won't be renamed after you. But you'll have a cool display right here next to Superman. You'll be Kirk Kent, dog. You will be Superman.

This is such an easy call.

Of course, free agency's a two-way street. Player interest must align with team interest. Well ...

UNPOPULAR OPINION: The Cleveland Browns should go all in on Kirk Cousins.

Don't draft a quarterback. Put all the eggs in the Cousins basket in March, then have fun in April.

I know what you want to do, Browns. You really want to sign AJ McCarron and draft Josh Rosen. But please, can you not be the Browns for just, like, a second? Just one time. Make the smart football move here.

Sign the guy who is already a Pro Bowl-caliber quarterback. A guy you know can run an NFL offense. You've bought enough spare parts for that rusted-out beater. Instead of throwing good money after bad, just get a new car. Sure, it's been driven -- that just proves it's reliable.

Hear me out here. You sign Cousins. Then draft Saquon Barkley with the No. 1 pick. I know, clutch my pearls ... A running back first overall?? The dude is siiiiick. I've been waiting to put this guy on my fantasy teams ever since I saw him ruin USC in the Rose Bowl a couple seasons ago. And Daniel Jeremiah has him as his top prospect, if you don't want to take my word for it.

Then use the fourth pick on the best player available. Minkah Fitzpatrick, for instance. Take a run at Allen Robinson -- if he shakes free from Jacksonville -- and Jarvis Landry. Suddenly, you have a well-rounded team ready to take on the AFC North for years to come. And you don't have to worry about the quarterback you drafted becoming just another name on that fabled jersey of failed signal-callers.

But you're going to do the McCarron thing, aren't you? Hot damn it. All I can do is tell you what I think. Oh, and if you're in Portillo's in the near future, please try the Italian beef. You'll love it.

Follow Adam Rank on Twitter @AdamRank.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-for-each-other

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't take this article seriously but it is a little comic relief on a Sunday. lol

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
We should take it seriously.

We have been selling hope in Cleveland for 20 years. It's time to sell results.

If we don't put out the best offer, Dorsey needs to be canned.

We can't help it if Cousins decides to go elsewhere. We don't control that. We do control what we offer.

Let's get this show on the road.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We'll Browns this up and AJ McCarron our way into another 0-16 season. He sucks enough to force us to start a rookie that probably won't be ready.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap wise the only teams that can afford Cousins are us, the Jets, and Minnesota depending on what they do at QB. Denver, Buffalo, and Arizona all would have to rework their cap space somehow to afford Cousins.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
dawg66 #1410806 02/25/18 11:19 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: dawg66
Cap wise the only teams that can afford Cousins are us, the Jets, and Minnesota depending on what they do at QB. Denver, Buffalo, and Arizona all would have to rework their cap space somehow to afford Cousins.

It's not like it would be all that hard for those teams to do.

cfrs15 #1410843 02/26/18 12:47 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No it wouldn't but all 3 teams have a bunch of other holes to fill too and they won't be able to do that in Free Agency if they sign Cousins. Denver needs help on the OL, DL and secondary plus where ever they cut people to get the money for Cousins. Buffalo needs a OC, WRs, DL, LBs, plus a CB opposite White. Arizona has huge holes on the OL, they have no WR other then Fitz, and they need help at DL and ILB and a CB opposite Peterson.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here's a question: Are the Browns smart enough to sign Cousins and Draft Darnold or Rosen?

I've been against signing Cousins mainly because of his record and the likelihood it would prevent us from drafting a QB #1 overall. (The cost to bring him here is prohibitive too, but that's the world we live in.) I do, however, think Cousins is the best QB in the FA market, who will actually hit the market. If we were to sign him to a four year deal and still draft the best QB in the class that would put us in a great situation overall. We could win now, and allow the rookie to sit and learn, and when Cousins contract expires, we'd still have a year left on the rookie deal and would clearly know what we had in him. It also would give us the option of trading Cousins if the rookie began to outperform him at any point over the next four years. This is the one scenario where I would get behind signing the guy. I just don't know if the FO has the smarts or the stones to make that move.

I know folks will jump all over this as a chance to draft Saquon, or trade down, or any myriad of other scenarios, but passing on the best QB in the class would be the Browns thing to do. JMHO

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And it's this type of thinking that bothers me:

Cleveland Browns offseason roadmap: How would signing Kirk Cousins alter their course?

by Dan Labbe, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The NFL offseason is warming up and it’s about to hit its stride in less than a month. The combine takes place in Indianapolis beginning next week and then the real fun starts when the so-called “legal tampering” period opens on March 12 and the new league year begins on March 14 at 4 p.m.

The Browns are facing, perhaps, the biggest offseason the franchise have ever faced. They have cap space, draft picks and are as equipped as ever to completely change their fortunes.

That’s why I’ve decided to map out two hypothetical offseasons that I would consider a success. In the first hypothetical, the Browns find their quarterback of the future in the draft. You can find that here.

In this version, the opening question is simple: What if the Browns sign Kirk Cousins? That would create a ripple and likely change how the team approaches the quarterback position in the draft. Signing Cousins seems unlikely, but it's at least worth trying on for size.

Of course, a lot of this is easier said than done. The Browns aren’t exactly a prime free agent destination and 31 other teams get to participate in the draft, too. This comes with the full acknowledgement that it is, in essence, fantasy football.

The goal here, however, is to lay out an idea of areas in which the Browns need to invest and to offer an idea of what a successful offseason might look like.

Sign Cousins
(Previous: Sign AJ McCarron or one of the Minnesota quarterbacks)

Cousins is going to be expensive, but the Browns can blow him away with the money they have to offer, which would certainly help sell them over other teams that have better reputations and are more set up to win now. That said, signing Cousins changes the math for the Browns, as it would signal that they believe they can start winning quickly and Cousins is the guy who can lead them for the next four to five years at least.

Sign LaMarcus Joyner
(Previous: No change)

The Rams could opt to use their franchise tag on Joyner, but if they don’t, Joyner could be the veteran free safety the Browns covet.

At 27 years old, he has a history with defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and has played in Williams’ system. Signing him would allow Jabrill Peppers to move to strong safety, a move that would be welcomed by all parties involved. Peppers struggled with the responsibilities of the position at times last season and always looked more comfortable playing closer to the line, which is how the Browns want to use him.

The Browns should also look at cornerback Trumaine Johnson now that the Rams are set to acquire Marcus Peters from Kansas City.

Find a veteran wide receiver

I mentioned Terrelle Pryor here in the other scenario, but he struggled last year with Cousins in Washington. Would that have an impact in taking a flyer on the former Brown who gambled on himself and lost?

The place the Browns should monitor is down south in Jacksonville. Marqise Lee has caught 119 passes the last two seasons combined for 1,553 yards. He’s coming off of a season in which he caught 56 passes for 702 yards.

Another Jaguars receiver, Allen Robinson, is bound for free agency. He’s coming off of a torn ACL, but the Jaguars would be foolish to let him walk.

Assuming that, it makes Allen Hurns an interesting player to watch. The Jaguars could cut him if they keep Robinson and rely more heavily on the emerging Dede Westbrook. Despite having not come close to matching his 1,000-yard season in 2015 the last two years, Football Outsiders actually ranks Hurns ninth in DVOA among receivers and credit him with 586 effective yards, a stat that shows he might have played better than his 39 catches for 484 yards would indicate.

Extend Duke Johnson's contract

I thought about removing this based on the next entry, but I don’t think you can have enough weapons and I don’t think an extension here would be that expensive.

With quarterback settled for the next few years with Cousins, Barkley is the kind of super weapon the Browns could use. Cousins needs talent around him and, while taking a running back at No. 1 is always risky, the idea in signing Cousins is to win a lot sooner rather than later. Barkley helps you do that.

Trade the No. 4 pick
(Previous: Draft Minkah Fitzpatrick)

Here we go again. Yes, trading Top 5 picks is dangerous. Browns fans know that all too well. The reality here, though, is that the Browns can benefit from the domino effect of signing Cousins and taking Barkley No. 1. There will be a quarterback here and the return on this pick could be big and might not include all that steep of a fall. What if it’s the Jets trying to jump the Broncos? Could the Browns do this deal and still land Minkah Fitzpatrick?

If nothing else, maybe the Bills come calling with their two firsts, though I’d be wary of dropping that far.

Draft Lamar Jackson
(Previous: Not included)

The biggest wild card on the first two days of the draft will likely be Jackson. If he’s there on Day 2 in this scenario, I’d take him. Heck, if he’s falling far enough on Day 1, I’d consider using one of those second-round picks to move up and snag him.

He could simultaneously be your quarterback of the future and a weapon for your offense while he’s waiting his turn.

Draft a cornerback in the second round
(Previous: Add a young wide receiver in the late second or early third round)

The Browns need to throw resources at their secondary and this is part of the equation. Use one of those second-round picks -- however many you end up with, to find a guy who can cover.

Link

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Goodness.

BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Could the Browns do this deal and still land Minkah Fitzpatrick?

Maybe. Possibly.

Or, and hear me out, the Browns can just take Minkah Fitzpatrick and ensure we've added on of the most incredible talents in this draft with incredible leadership skills the and versatility to benefit our defense in a plethora of ways limited only by imagination?

Browns media is killing me. This isn't complicated. Minkah would be an incredible asset to our defense who could completely transform the secondary. The teams picking at #2 and #3 already have that position addressed. He's all ours.

Just. Take. Him. Dorsey.

I can understand questions at #1. If we get Cousins, who knows what we'll do with the first pick. But the fourth pick is a no brainer, in my opinion.

BDU #1411124 02/26/18 04:45 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cousins Barkley and Fitz is my best case scenario.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

I Agree. thumbsup

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

I Agree. thumbsup

I could be happy with that. I am fine with trading down to 3 from 1 to. I wonder what a trade like that would net us?

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Kirk Cousins - QB - Redskins

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Vikings will be "in very heavy" on free agent Kirk Cousins.

RapSheet's report was seconded by colleague Mike Garafolo, hours after NFL.com's Gil Brandt said the same thing. In addition to a win-now team and ample cap room, the Vikings can offer Cousins an indoor playing environment -- where all quarterbacks are historically more productive -- and an exciting young offensive nucleus of Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Kyle Rudolph, and Dalvin Cook.

Related: Vikings

Source: Ian Rapoport on TwitterFeb 26 - 5:05 PM

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yep he is Minnesota bound

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
My gut tells me Vikings nab Cousins. And the Broncos get either Keenum or McCarron.

If he proves to choose money over the right fit, I see him picking the Jets. Unless they are, you

And he never even considers us.

As I said, that's what my GUT is telling me.

Butch, out . . . wink

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Kirk Cousins - QB - Redskins

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Vikings will be "in very heavy" on free agent Kirk Cousins.

RapSheet's report was seconded by colleague Mike Garafolo, hours after NFL.com's Gil Brandt said the same thing. In addition to a win-now team and ample cap room, the Vikings can offer Cousins an indoor playing environment -- where all quarterbacks are historically more productive -- and an exciting young offensive nucleus of Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Kyle Rudolph, and Dalvin Cook.

Related: Vikings

Source: Ian Rapoport on TwitterFeb 26 - 5:05 PM

fingerscrossed Throw out three good toys for the shiny new one who has yet to win ten games. Gotta love it. I'll be honestly surprised if they give up on their others guys. Just seems silly. (I'll happily eat my words if Cousins is successful in that division.)

Case Keenum, come on down!

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
My gut tells me Vikings nab Cousins. And the Broncos get either Keenum or McCarron.

If he proves to choose money over the right fit, I see him picking the Jets. Unless they are, you

And he never even considers us.

As I said, that's what my GUT is telling me.

Butch, out . . . wink

If that's the case, I sign Bridgewater as long as he checks out health wise, and draft a guy at 1. Why not have a bridge QB who could actually turn out to be very good and is still young enough to be here a while. If he doesn't pan out, you have a top of the 1st round QB to take over. If he does, you trade one down the road and move on.

D
Legend
Legend
D
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ses-garoppolos/

Aaron Rodgers and Garoppolos contracts could really drive even higher for Kirk. Aaron is probably going to be the highest in the league.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Rodgers deserves it.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ses-garoppolos/

Aaron Rodgers and Garoppolos contracts could really drive even higher for Kirk. Aaron is probably going to be the highest in the league.

If I'm Rodgers, I don't sign until after Cousins does.

cle23 #1411914 02/28/18 12:21 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Yeah, there's no way the best QB in the league (imo) is paid less than Kirk. Unless Rodgers takes less to open up cap to be spent elsewhere but still...

E
Legend
Legend
E
wow!
That could be something Cousins going to Vikings all 3 going into FA.
Keenum, Bradford n Bridgewater out on the market. Only Bradford I heard linked to the Browns who I think would be perfect.

Interesting.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1411941 02/28/18 07:11 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
And I go after Keenum.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
eotab #1412069 02/28/18 10:56 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
wow!
That could be something Cousins going to Vikings all 3 going into FA.
Keenum, Bradford n Bridgewater out on the market. Only Bradford I heard linked to the Browns who I think would be perfect.

Interesting.

Bradford is always hurt... if the goal is to take a vet QB to play until a young, highly drafted QB is ready - then the option and history of Sam Bradford's availability is not going to assist in achieving your goal.

His knees are shot bro, especially his left one. He had what, a bone bruise and then re-aggravated it AGAIN after that last year? And yet another arthroscopic surgery on that knee, or the other knee I can't remember? Even cheaply, unless you want someone who has been in some NFL games just to talk to the rookies as a vet/locker room coach guy that's on the roster, then I'd understand it but still pass. Just me, of course!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And I go after Keenum.

The type of offense we would be running would be a terrible thing to grab Keenum.

He would fail. He needs to go on a team that would make a switch to his style of QB play. I don't see Haley switching up his playbook before he even gets it installed.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
And I go after Keenum.

The type of offense we would be running would be a terrible thing to grab Keenum.

He would fail. He needs to go on a team that would make a switch to his style of QB play. I don't see Haley switching up his playbook before he even gets it installed.

Why?

Roelisberger was not the "Big Ben" of old in Haley's offense. There were a ton of short, quick passes, that kept him from taking the abuse he did earlier in his career when he would consistently try to hold the ball forever.

What do you see in Haley's offense that Keenum could not do?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
j/c

I am actually warming up to the idea of trading for Tannehill if that's actually a thing. I'd still also consider drafting a QB @1 in this scenario.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Depending on how this whole Minnesota QB thing shakes out, I could definitely be convinced to take a shot on Bridgewater. He's the one that got away in that draft, imo.

My reasoning is this. Keenum is a flash in the pan, and that flash was last season. Let another team chase last year's performance. Bradford is always injured. Like, literally... constantly injured. Bridgewater has the injury risk, but there's still hope that what he's gone through was just a fluke. Once he really heals up, he might be good to go after that. Depending on what his demand is, it might be a savvy move to grab him on the cheap.

Last edited by oobernoober; 02/28/18 02:26 PM. Reason: weird wording

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Teddy's knees:

|\

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Depending on how this whole Minnesota QB thing shakes out, I could definitely be convinced to take a shot on Bridgewater. He's the one that got away in that draft, imo.

My reasoning is this. Keenum is a flash in the pan, and that flash was last season. Let another team chase last year's performance. Bradford is always injured. Like, literally... constantly injured. Bridgewater has the injury risk, but there's still hope that what he's gone through was just a fluke. Once he really heals up, he might be good to go after that. Depending on what his demand is, it might be a savvy move to grab him on the cheap.

Not sure Keenum is a flash in the pan. I never cared for him before, but it sounds like the VRT has helped his game and if it continues to help, it could be the wave of the future for QBs. 2 years ago I wouldn't have said this, but I think Keenum is the best of the lot and will have some success in the future.

I wouldn't mind signing Keenum and drafting Mayfield. Makes a lot of sense.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cousins Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard