Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Landry also catches EVERYTHING underneath by DESIGN in Miami.

Beckham is also a POS loud mouth distraction.

Beckham also believes he should be the HIGHEST paid player in the league. Including QB'S. And with Cousin's making 28 Million a year?

That makes Beckham not only DELUSIONAL, but IGNORANT at the same time.

Quite a feat for the Loud Mouth PUNK.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
OBJ is much better than Landry.

OBJ has 313 catches for 4424 yards in 47 games, Landry has 400 catches for 4038 yards in 64 games.

I don't think Landry is better than OBJ, but there is a saying that goes something like this: the best ability is availability.

I will say it is somewhat amazing that these two guys were teammates at LSU and were in the same draft class.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

OBJ has 313 catches for 4424 yards in 47 games, Landry has 400 catches for 4038 yards in 64 games.

I don't think Landry is better than OBJ, but there is a saying that goes something like this: the best ability is availability.

I will say it is somewhat amazing that these two guys were teammates at LSU and were in the same draft class.

I remember some guys on this board loved Mettenburger and would get all buttsore when I mentioned that he had Landry, OBJ and Hill and the offense was still terrible.

But that arm strength!

Legend
Legend
Question becomes "How much would a buyer pay someone to poison their watering hole?"

I don't want him at any price, much less two firsts and maybe a wee bit more. Just crazy.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's a negotiation, they definitely aren't getting two 1st and they know it.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I think I’d pass on OBJ. Talented, but with what issues?

Legend
Legend

It is almost fantasy football to imagine Beckham with the Browns.

Very tempting. Just thinking about OBJ, Gordon, and Landry, Njoku. TT at the helm with Hyde, Duke, and maybe Barkley.

Talk about a different offense than last year.

Damn.

Reality, no way they give up two first rounders.

That will never be on the table. Coleman would have to be part of the deal to take some of the "give".

So maybe next years number one, Coleman, and a second.

I would not give up any of this years first rounders.

Swap picks? That all depends. They would have to be ok with losing Darnold. I am not.

If they were ok with the other three and had assurance that the Giants would take Darnold then it is possible.

We pick at two, give up Coleman and maybe the last second rounder.

I just don't see it. They would have to sign Obj to a mega deal.

He is good. No doubt about that but he is not essential to this lineup.

Where is Coleman? So far a big disappointment. But he may still turn out to be what they had hoped for.

So given that I just can't see the Browns doing what it would take to get him.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Yea, I see that value but I really have a problem with the “me me” type of guys and that’s what he seems like.

E
Legend
Legend
E
A couple of decades ago there was a WR was taken (franchise tag) and 2 first rounds were given up...Speedy guy maybe even an Ohio State guy. All I remember it didn't turn out well for the team going for that deal. ??? Cowboys?

I do claim WRs are important for football play but as INDIVIDUALS they are way over rated. I think we have Fantasy Football to thank for that. That is why they are the most traveled top of their game players in FA. Just not worth the mega millions being asked for. You don't get to keep them long cause sooner or later when the CAP SPACE gets used up its the first place teams look at to cut!

jmho - please Dorsey don't do this deal, stay away from the temptation and he doesn't seem to be the kind of GM that will over spend on WR.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Give up a ridiculous draft pick haul and pay a ridiculous amount of money for a big mouth me guy who gets hurt a lot? Never going to happen. Not while Dorsey is GM. Doesn't matter how talented OBJ is. And thank your lucky stars. Mind boggling this is even being seriously discussed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Talent aside, OBJ would be another Manziel for the team in that all the talk every week would be on that one player. It would be OBJ this, OBJ that on a constant basis all season long. He and his antics would instantly become the face of the franchise. Screw that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Haus
jc

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-odell-beckham/

Quote:
Report: Giants asked for two first-round picks for Odell Beckham

Giants co-owner John Mara said on Tuesday that the Giants are not “shopping” wide receiver Odell Beckham, but said he can’t stop teams from calling about a trade and said there was no “100 percent guarantee” that Beckham will remain on the team.

Wednesday brings a report about what the Giants have told any teams that have inquired about acquiring the wide receiver. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Giants have asked for “at least” two first-round picks in return for Beckham in any trade.

That’s a high price tag for any player and would fit Giants General Manager Dave Gettleman’s comment that you don’t “quit on talent,” although Josh Norman and Steve Smith might dispute how strictly Gettleman sticks to that mantra.

The price tag is especially high for a player coming off a season-ending ankle injury who is heading into the final year of his contract. That doesn’t mean that one of the other 31 teams in the league won’t be willing to pay it, but it would seem to make a trade unlikely.

A 4th and 7th for Jarvis Landry, an uber-talented receiver who is going to need a new contract? Solid trade.

Two first round picks for OBJ? rofl

OBJ also has had better QB play.

Are we sure about that? Look at what happened to Eli when OBJ was hurt.

Bottom line. Would you give up two 1st round picks and a 50+ million contract for him?

Hell no.... no wide receiver is worth two first round picks... especially when you've won one game in the past two years...

<><

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Talent aside, OBJ would be another Manziel for the team in that all the talk every week would be on that one player. It would be OBJ this, OBJ that on a constant basis all season long. He and his antics would instantly become the face of the franchise. Screw that.

How does that affect winning?

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
OBJ tilts the field.
Elite player.

I would give enough to make the deal work but not 2 firsts.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have to say ...

The idea of pairing Beckham Jr. up with Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry and David Njoku is an exciting idea. We instantly have the best set of skill players in the entire league in my own opinion, especially when you factor in Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde.

I do not like the idea of paying him $20 million a year though, or whatever he's actually looking for. We have not even locked up Gordon or Landry long term.

With that being said.

I would be willing to trade the following:

Swap from #1 to #2
2nd rounder this season (#64).
5th rounder this season
4th round pick in 2019
WR Corey Coleman
CB Jamar Taylor

He's an elite player when healthy and as I said before, adding him to this skill group instantly gives us the best in the entire league in my opinion.

Last edited by MrKelso; 03/30/18 10:33 AM.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
T
Legend
Legend
T
I disagree, and most years I'm the only one clamoring for adding wr's when others want other.

OBJ, is long in the tooth, overrated, and wouldn't stay on the Browns very long. (18 months?) and would cost 10's of millions more unable to give to other players.
Though good he's not as special as NY hype tells you he is.

Corey Coleman, should be given more time to succeed and may be the better option for the Browns success, because of his potentially longer career with the Browns and continuity.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

With me the question isn't do you want OBJ on your team. The question becomes is the investment worth the player? The asking price is far too high for the player.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
NOOOOO he's a pain in the A##

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: edromeo
OBJ tilts the field.
Elite player.

Gordon + #4

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: TONY
NOOOOO he's a pain in the A##

Sig: Long long long suffering browns fan.

Not even sure how to being.

D
Legend
Legend
D
My stance on OBJ hasn't changed... they just want too much and it's as simple as that. We're not a "wr away" from winning, so no use to even think about OBJ and the price tag being asked.

Truthfully, even if a team was a wr away from winning, I still don't justify what they're apparently demanding. That's ludicrous.

Legend
Legend
It's not just the draft capital needed to acquire him, it's the HUGE contract he'll require afterwards

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Originally Posted By: edromeo
OBJ tilts the field.
Elite player.

Gordon + #4

That's insane.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If you go into the offseason with Jarvis still unsigned for next year, do you just scrap the plan and throw money at OBJ instead?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
It's not just the draft capital needed to acquire him, it's the HUGE contract he'll require afterwards

Yeah, it's just really damaging to a team's immediate future in both draft picks and cap because of the outright investment OBJ will be. It's clear the man like Revis and he'll likely just play anywhere the $ is.

NYG is insane for asking two first round picks (if true.)

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Yeah, it's just really damaging to a team's immediate future in both draft picks and cap because of the outright investment OBJ will be. It's clear the man like Revis and he'll likely just play anywhere the $ is.

The only thing more insane would be if someone actually gave them 2 firsts

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O

The only thing more insane would be if someone actually gave them 2 firsts

That's the negotiation starting point, they'll move him for a 2nd and a 3rd. I'd give our late second this year, the third next year and off Coleman in trade.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Well maybe we will see them franchise tag him which would carry 2 first round picks compensation. Curious on whats going on with Dez Bryant???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't give one 1st for OBJ, much less the absurdity of them asking for two.

We'd be better served waiting until he is either released or becomes a FA and just sign him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I still wouldn't sign him, he will want an outrageous contract and the guy is another T.O./Ochocinco....a diva. Gordon stays straight plus Landry and the rest of our WR corp we are looking pretty good.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Knight
I still wouldn't sign him, he will want an outrageous contract and the guy is another T.O./Ochocinco....a diva. Gordon stays straight plus Landry and the rest of our WR corp we are looking pretty good.

Dj Moore =]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Knight

Dj Moore =]
I'm sorry, I don't understand. Are you suggesting we draft DJ Moore instead of signing OBJ, or are you saying DJ Moore falls into the same category as OBJ/TO/85?

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
D
Legend
Legend
D
No need to be sorry, I was extremely vague. But trading back into the first and grabbing Dj in the mid'ish to later first. Not necessarily an "instead of OBJ" but overall for the success of the WR core. We don't have any threats outside of Landry to bank on.

JMO

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is the kind of stuff that just drives me crazy. Why would anyone want to think that waiting on Coleman to see if he improves is a better option than getting a player like OBJ who at 50% is heads and heals better than Coleman? How can anyone justify packaging picks to move back into the 1st round to draft a rookie that will cost nearly 25 million with a 99% chance of being less of a player than OBJ yet just fine with giving draft picks for a rookie but not an established pro Bowl WR?

Look, this is simple economics for the Giants. At only 6.7 million in cap space, the Giants cannot sign OBJ to an extension and sign their draft picks without some major restructuring which they have no plan to do at this point. I also think their cap problems get fixed next year when they release Manning and go with the cheaper rookie they draft this year or next.

Second and more importantly, the Browns would actually have some major control over what they pay OBJ. The guy is a top 3 receiver in the NFL and should get paid but within reason. A long term deal at 4 years is not unreasonable and at 17-19 million will be less than if you wanted to go after him next year - bank on that. He's going to play no matter what because he needs the resume going into FA status next year to get his huge payday. However, if he won't sign the extension, he's actually very cheap this year and the Browns could use the Franchise Tag on him next year and it would still be a huge bargain for the Browns over a 2-year period. Ahhh, this also gives the Browns that 2-year window to decide or see if Gordon stays out of trouble too at minimal cost.

As it stands now, if Coleman continues his bust status and Gordon falls off the wagon, who the hell are the QB's going to throw the ball too on the Browns? Opponents wouldn't even have to play a safety against the Browns because Landry is not a deep threat. Heck, bring back Quinn because we instantly become a dink and dunk team with no running game because of the defense having 8 in the box.

The Browns have to get off their wallets and start putting playmakers on this team. They cannot keep missing on their 1st round picks and then fielding serviceable players sitting on 90 million dollars in cap. Does OBJ have some issues - yup! Is he the best talent at WR the Browns would have had in 20-years - YUP!

Here's my offer to the Giants for OBJ:

GIANTS GET:
Browns 2018 2nd round #33
Browns 2018 2nd round #64
Browns 3rd round in 2019
WR Coleman or RB Johnson

BROWNS GET:
WR OBJ
Giants 2018 4th round #108

So what does this give us considering most mock drafts:
WR OBJ (Pro Bowler)
#1 QB Darnold
#4 DE Chubb
#32 RB Guice (Trade with PHIL giving #35 and #108 from Giants for pick #32) Note: this gives the Browns the 5th year option by getting Guice in the 1st round - huge move.
#114 4th Rd S Elliott (Texas)
#150 5th Rd T Harrison (W. Georgia)
#175 6th Rd G Welsh (Iowa)
#188 6th Rd LB Hamilton (Alabama)

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
One thing that cannot be denied is your passion to get OBJ to the Browns.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Would you want OBJ and what would it take to get him?

Link Copied to Clipboard