Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Against stacked boxes and running between the tackles, I'd rather have Guice.

I want Sony Michel in the 2nd, even above Guice and/or Barkley. I think that he's going to be special.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No Fitz?

Oops meant to include him.
Add one more spot to my previous post.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Barkley at 1 or 4 and don't look back. Id take anyone of the four top QBs even though I prefer Mayfield. So not taking a QB at one wouldn't anger me as long as Barkley is on the team. Just my 2 cents, I know QB at one is the wiser move.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Barkley at 1 or 4 and don't look back. Id take anyone of the four top QBs even though I prefer Mayfield. So not taking a QB at one wouldn't anger me as long as Barkley is on the team. Just my 2 cents, I know QB at one is the wiser move.

I am so thankful that you are not running the draft. wink

Darnold at 1, and Chubb at 4. Get a stud for each side of the ball, and you can still get a great RB at 33 or 35.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Against stacked boxes and running between the tackles, I'd rather have Guice.

I want Sony Michel in the 2nd, even above Guice and/or Barkley. I think that he's going to be special.

Sony would be my choice after Guice, (if he fell to us which I don't think he will). I hope we get one of them, but I'm not counting on it. superconfused

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I think that we take Chubb at 4, if he is there. If he is not, I think we trade back a few spots.

My thinking as well except we might be able to drop 1 spot and still get Chubb. We are going to get offers for #4, which might force Denvers hand to move up 1 slot.

Especially if Barkley is still there..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Trade 1 to giants.
Trade 4 to Denver.
Both trades for their 1st pick next year.
We get Mayfield and Chubb and 3 1st rd picks next April, something to ponder

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It takes two teams to make a deal. Picking up an extra first round pick to go from 4 to 5 sounds nice, but there's no way the Broncos would give up that much.

1 to 2 is a bit more complicated. I don't think the Giants would be interested in giving up that much to move up to 1, pre-draft rumors notwithstanding.

I'm not even fond of the idea for the Browns. Don't mess around at #1. Take your best QB and don't look back. Now if two guys are extremely close or you strongly believe you can still get your guy at #2... well, maybe.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Why would we want to push out cashing in all our draft capital? The draft to cash in is this one. One of the best QB drafts in a while, as well as plenty of other blue-chip talent available as well.

The talent might not be there next year.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Why would we want to push out cashing in all our draft capital? The draft to cash in is this one. One of the best QB drafts in a while, as well as plenty of other blue-chip talent available as well.

The talent might not be there next year.

In his scenario we still get our QB and one of the best players in the draft. It's cashing in and cashing out with some big money left in the bank for next year!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
[quote=OldColdDawg]Barkley at 1 or 4 and don't look back. Id take anyone of the four top QBs even though I prefer Mayfield. So not taking a QB at one wouldn't anger me as long as Barkley is on the team. Just my 2 cents, I know QB at one is the wiser move.

I am so thankful that you are not running the draft. wink

Darnold at 1, and Chubb at 4. Get a stud for each side of the ball, and you can still get a great RB at 33 or 35.

I agree with this. I think Barkley will be good but we can get another back later on with little drop off in production. Pairing Chubb with MG and EO is too tempting to pass up. It may be the way to go.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm just repeating the facts laid out by everyone's player rankings in the draft. Not me but its them that have Barkley as #1...I've seen a draft sight that has Nelson as the #1 player.

Especially when QBs are involved not often is the overall ranked player taken #1. Actually last year was one of the few in last couple of years that the #1 player was actually taken #1. And it was us taking him wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
I only said it was something to ponder over.
Nobody knows what's actually going to happen.
Would be great if it could work like that.

D
Legend
Legend
D
The "Browns trade Cody Kessler" thread is locked, so I'll put this here. Jags worked out Kellen Clemens and Austin Davis today. So maybe don't count on that coveted 7th round pick for Cody. Oh Noes!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/02/report-jaguars-work-out-kellen-clemens-austin-davis/

Rookie
Rookie
I'm taking Chubb at #1, Mayfield at 4, JMO

LETS GET THIS RIGHT FELLAS...ENOUGH LOSING IS ENOUGH!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: LittleDAWG
I'm taking Chubb at #1, Mayfield at 4, JMO

What? Why?

Take whichever QB you want at #1, then take Chubb at #4.

QBs are very likely going 1, 2, and 3. Grab the top QB at 1 and then #4 can go a number of ways.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
The "Browns trade Cody Kessler" thread is locked, so I'll put this here. Jags worked out Kellen Clemens and Austin Davis today. So maybe don't count on that coveted 7th round pick for Cody. Oh Noes!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/02/report-jaguars-work-out-kellen-clemens-austin-davis/
maybe they finally looked at actual film of kessler

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D

Probably saw a few of his "deep" throws...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

maybe they finally looked at actual film of kessler

Maybe they worked him out, asked him to throw a 15-yard out, and he checked down to the RB in the flat.

Last edited by Dave; 04/02/18 07:27 PM.
Legend
Legend

We probably should of held out for that extra bucket of chicken.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

dang .. I was hoping for a bucket of chicken breasts, the thighs, legs and wings have less meat on them.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Maybe a Ham Sandwich instead?

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Legend
Legend
D
delete... didn't mean to post here.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 04/02/18 09:04 PM.
Pdawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Adam Schefter
‏
Verified account

@AdamSchefter

Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Adam Schefter
‏
Verified account

@AdamSchefter

Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.

Guess they really like that Kenny Britt or something hahahahahaha.

Legend
Legend
maybe Pats make a run at OBJ now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Pats now have plenty of ammunition to move up for a quarterback

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-a-quarterback/

If we tried to bargain with them for Jimmy and got ignored, then I say the phones are on silent if NE calls us about #4. Or ask something so ridiculous that makes Bill and company have stomach issues for the rest of the night.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
If we tried to bargain with them for Jimmy and got ignored, then I say the phones are on silent if NE calls us about #4. Or ask something so ridiculous that makes Bill and company have stomach issues for the rest of the night.

Oof. I dunno. Making business personal is often bad for business.

They do look pretty geared up to make a run at a QB though. Maybe they expect Brady for one more season, max two seasons

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
sounds like they are trying to move up to go after a QB --- Josh Rosen is the speculation

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

They do look pretty geared up to make a run at a QB though. Maybe they expect Brady for one more season, max two seasons

I agree. Don't burn bridges.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Especially since the pendulum is tipping in our favor after the Danny Shelton gift...

Last edited by FATE; 04/04/18 12:27 PM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
Legend
Legend
C

Wasn't OBJ's price two first round picks?

Legend
Legend

I agree but then again, I can't think of too many things New England has that I would give up the #4 pick for... unless they would send us Belichick.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
Trades guys trades! there is a whole forum on the Draft wink

btw any info on the Pats trade? They picked up another first round? or did I miss it on this thread???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Legend
Legend
D
There not done .... i expect one of these picks to go with a player or a pick early next year for them to move up to around 10 or so ... then from their they can get higher if they need be ...

Either that or on draft day you’ll see them get a head of the bills for most likely Jackson or Rudolph .... if Allen lasts that long ... him ...

They key with both the Jills and Pats is .... do they want to climb into the top 4 to get one of the top guys according to most ... or is their target Jackson or Rudolph ...

This has been by far the most wild off season with trades ... HUGE NAMES going left and right ... I expect the draft to be the same ....

I think their could be movement on draft day for Allen, Jackson and Rudolph ....

If Allen’s gone ... watch for Rudolph to go to the Donks ... he seems like Elways and Kubiak’s type of QB .... Kubiak is a consultant .... and i will add that Kubiak is also a very underrated offensive mind ... he did some really good things with some piles of crap ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
The pats traded Brandin Cooks to the Lambs for the #23 pick i believe ... they also got another late rounder ....

E
Legend
Legend
E
Agreed there Fate...I think Dorsey has mended the fences with BB. Cause we certainly didn't come out as the over all winners in the last couple of trades we made with the Pats.
Too little too late as we lost out on the JG trade. But hey, I like the position we are in now...so it just might be our fate...see what I did there... lol wink

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

I don't factor in any past (non) deals, but realistically, the price to move from 23 to 4 would be far more than Belichick would be willing to pay. Plus moving down that far would probably give a few Dawgs around here a stroke, so let's just take this idea off the table completely. poke

E
Legend
Legend
E
Not that it will come up, but just say no to a Gronk trade. The kid has retirement written all over him.
Maybe one more MONEY Year and then he retires. His body has taken a beating over the years. As well as his head.

I think the Pats are right there for the 2nd tier of QBs.
Mason Rudolf or Lamar Jackson. At #23 looks good.

They need a guy to learn and become good within 2-3 years. I think Mason Rudolf might be the perfect QB. Yeah they can rumor about Josh Rosen all they want they are not coming close to sniffing him. Neither will the Bills and they got much more to offer!

Still to trade a WR is so so smart also fits right into my theory about WR being the most over rated position in the NFL. They get a first for a kid that they would only have for one more year cause of his 2nd contract coming up and Pats know that's fool's gold - WR.

Cook is a good one. But still its WR man... once again the Pats fleeced the Rams.

They will have a good player - They did lose some of their DB strength, so they can get a good one or they also can get the next best RB not named Barkley. And of course there is that kid Davenport who might be a 2 point guy for their 3-4 Defense.

Hopefully PATS and BILLS try real hard for our #4 so we can fleece #40 from the Bronco's to move back one spot wink

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Haus

I don't factor in any past (non) deals, but realistically, the price to move from 23 to 4 would be far more than Belichick would be willing to pay. Plus moving down that far would probably give a few Dawgs around here a stroke, so let's just take this idea off the table completely. poke

Count me in that group. No doubt the mad scientist<(meant with affection) is got something brewing for Draft day.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Trades Continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard