Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
Legend
Legend
E
Well this is turning up in my theme for 2018, everything is finally turning up roses for our Browns!

Timing is everything. He plays the entire season for the first time since when? We actually have a QB he is going to get monster numbers.

He is be a RFA next season so that we will Tender him and surely somebody will make an offer hopefully it will be the tender that gets us a First Round pick if we choose not to match the signed contract. Although I really think the kid has finally seen the LIGHT!

Weed is not that hard to beat. I remember Freshman year in college...All these kids nick named "Space Man" and so forth.
One by one instead of flunking out of college just stopped cold turkey usually after break time and they came back with their heads hanging as their parents brought them in with new Hair cuts and all!

Nobody can tell me that these guys can't quit. They simply have to want to.

I think Gordon now WANTS to. Don't know what he'll do after his football career. But I got a feeling he will mature and because of his decision to just say NO he will be set for life!

jmho - Here's to a HOFer career here on in!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Eo, I follow him on Instagram, and see him a lot on social media, and I think he's finally come around. He has some kind of clothing thing going, with "Flash" theme. Tee shirts, sweats, and stuff like that. But most of his posts are him working out. That hasn't always been the case with him. The whole thing seems different, like he finally realizes what he could achieve, and the money he is going to make.

New addiction making money, and creating a career for himself again on the field. If this kid stays straight, he is going to be very good, and make huge money. Hope he does it.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Eo, I follow him on Instagram, and see him a lot on social media, and I think he's finally come around. He has some kind of clothing thing going, with "Flash" theme. Tee shirts, sweats, and stuff like that. But most of his posts are him working out. That hasn't always been the case with him. The whole thing seems different, like he finally realizes what he could achieve, and the money he is going to make.

New addiction making money, and creating a career for himself again on the field. If this kid stays straight, he is going to be very good, and make huge money. Hope he does it.

Maybe Karlos Dansby taught him something... didn't that dude have a male soap, cologne and etc line?

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
All that dude does now is watch anime and workout. Today he posted an instagram video of him working out in Berea. OTAs are only a few weeks away too. I cannot wait to see what he can do this year.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Want to....maybe, Gordon has stepped up to the plate BECAUSE he's a parent....hope he MARRIES somebody, preferably the Mother of his child... or is it children.....hope he provides for the children he's fathered....AND remains in their lives....he won't make the money he can thru football selling cars....bottomline, I pray he's good father and plays good to great football to provide for his family......GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
D
Legend
Legend
D
You guys all make valid points in attempting to justify the hopeful new condition/mindset of Josh Gordon... no sarcasm whatsoever - but the second I start to lean your guy's way, accept the points being made, I just can't. I think JG has scarred me lol.

I just can't trust him or buy into him. At least I'm NOT rooting for him being traded or axed anymore, so give me some slack.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Keep putting in the work Josh Gordon! I'm rooting for you to become the WR GOAT!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Gordon has stepped up to the plate BECAUSE he's a parent

maybe he couldnt keep up to his habit by selling drugs and needs the money?

maybe he getting sued by one of the many drive by shootings he did and needs the money?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I've hated on Gordon, he has/did let himself and all Cleveland Browns fans down....can't change the past....hopefully, he's turned the corner, will be good parent.....and citizen, wishing him all the best.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
As I would like to wish on any human struggling with life.
Not just Josh but I'd like to believe that anybody who WANTS to turn the corner can.
Quite possibly Josh has.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He was caught-up in a circle of friends he'd had all his life going back to childhood. He couldn't break free of that because he didn't want to. I think now maybe he has moved away from that.

I hope so.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Drive by shootings?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
If we could get a 1st or a 2nd rd, trade him now.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
why would you trade the most talented WR on the roster?

hell, one of the most talented players in the league?

we're an 0-16 team. getting rid of talent is something we do not have the luxury of doing.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
While you do have a point, to this juncture that talent has kept himself sidelined more than he's kept himself on the field. There's a huge risk/reward consideration when it comes to Josh.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
whats the risk? he gets suspended again and we don't have to pay him?

bro im just tired of seeing the few talented players we get here in cleveland go to other teams and ball out.

dawson
Ward
Gipson
Mack
Gabriel
Sheard

at some point we gotta keep talent here. and atleast Gordon made it back, unlike justin blackmon.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
After his rookie year ... i told a good friend of mine thats a 9er fan ... he told me he wished they’d trade for him ... i told him he’d regret it if they did ...

If Josh can stay straight ... and thats a HUGE IF ... at this point ... i think trading him would be MORONIC ...

His upside is off the charts ... and if he gets caught again we won’t have to worry about him anymore ... he’ll be out of the league for good ....

So at this point ... with his upside ... i’d Keep him right here ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish

bro im just tired of seeing the few talented players we get here in cleveland go to other teams and ball out.

dawson
Ward
Gipson
Mack
Gabriel
Sheard

at some point we gotta keep talent here. and atleast Gordon made it back, unlike justin blackmon.

lol, Gabriel is not like the others. He had one decent season. The next year wasn't good. Then, he was cut in training camp. Taylor Gabriel is a solid WR for Kyle Shannahan. He hasn't been solid for anyone else

EDIT: I'm incorrect. He was mediocre last season.

But I maintain, his season with DeFilipo as OC here, he sucked. He wasn't looking good in training camp when Hue Jackson had just become coach either. He was injured and dropping passes if I remember correctly

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 04/06/18 02:43 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Swish
why would you trade the most talented WR on the roster?

hell, one of the most talented players in the league?

we're an 0-16 team. getting rid of talent is something we do not have the luxury of doing.

This will probably make you throw up in your mouth a bit, but I agree with you.

Why trade what could be a great player/has been a great player (when he's played).

He's ours. He screws up again, he's done in the nfl forever (more than likely) Big deal. Trade him, he stays true to what he has been/will be, what do we get? A draft pick.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I really wasn't advocating trading him, but I can see how an argument could be made for it.

IF this FO felt the odds of him being suspended again was high, it would make sense to get something for him now rather than come up empty handed later.

However, I would want a lot based on his talent and I can't see anyone in their right mind giving us what I would want for him based on his track record and being only one strike away from being banned from the league.

And Swish, no other player that has ever been on this team has put themselves in the position Gordon has. I understand what you're saying and really don't disagree with you. But Gordon has placed himself where he is in concerns of being questioned about his future.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Its ok to do this... fingerscrossed

and understood. wink

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We should rename this thread, because it does have a negative connotation. No need to stress people, this is positivity.

I will triple down my faith for JG, you guys need not worry about #12, and it's pretty simple to me. He is 26 years old, and a young 26 at that. We were all there at some point, some form or fashion. I believe he has matured, and will become the player we know he can be.

Sometimes we need to take a leap of faith. We have every reason to be skeptical, I'm giving you a reason to believe.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend

Yeah, it's all hype, but man - it's easy to marvel at the sheer talent. When you watch what Josh Gordon does well, it goes well beyond the freekish athleticism. Try to watch this vid and just focus on how well he tracks the football (uncanny), especially while leading his defender to a false sense of security. He make's some "body catches" while being so nonchalant that the defender doesn't realize the pass is coming. He initiates play on the football, contact with the defender, etc... All this and plays an economic brand of "veteran" type ball... Taking his 35 yd gain instead of taking contact to try to make it 38, etc...

Truly a special player, I hope we get to watch him quickly rise to his pinnacle. There's no question in the talent department.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
If he makes it through half the year with a season like that, I break the bank for this guy.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE

Yeah, it's all hype, but man - it's easy to marvel at the sheer talent. When you watch what Josh Gordon does well, it goes well beyond the freekish athleticism. Try to watch this vid and just focus on how well he tracks the football (uncanny), especially while leading his defender to a false sense of security. He make's some "body catches" while being so nonchalant that the defender doesn't realize the pass is coming. He initiates play on the football, contact with the defender, etc... All this and plays an economic brand of "veteran" type ball... Taking his 35 yd gain instead of taking contact to try to make it 38, etc...

Truly a special player, I hope we get to watch him quickly rise to his pinnacle. There's no question in the talent department.

Thanks for posting this, it was awesome to watch.

P.S. I hope & pray he can stay clean & sober.

All Pro
All Pro
Wow, that was fun to watch. Forgot how good he was. We just need a QB who can get him the ball. With Jarvis and Coleman, things should really open up for Tyrod. Go Browns.

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
Legend
Legend
I still believe that the reward part of the equation will help him get grooved in. Plenty of the stick (self-inflicted!), but the carrot part is what it is about. Be about your business and be a man doing it. He has shed some of the problem people.

JG still has a ton to prove on the field and off. I have trashed him, but I am pulling for him as well.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
This kid could be one of the best ever. Those wanting to dispose of him are fools. He is playing for peanuts, and if he stays straight, will be worth the money he demands.

I think he has turned the corner.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
E
Legend
Legend
E
and he's in much better shape now. Needs to work on stamina.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
and he's in much better shape now. Needs to work on stamina.

Well, you know the old saying... there's being in shape and then there's "game shape". No question though, he's always been in shape and is a workout junkie. Stamina? I think people may always be a bit miffed that he doesn't run back to the huddle and seems to take a few plays off... I think that's mostly just Josh and not necessarily "stamina". But yeah, Josh... it's time to put 100% into being ready to "ball".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
After his rookie year ... i told a good friend of mine thats a 9er fan ... he told me he wished they’d trade for him ... i told him he’d regret it if they did ...

If Josh can stay straight ... and thats a HUGE IF ... at this point ... i think trading him would be MORONIC ...

His upside is off the charts ... and if he gets caught again we won’t have to worry about him anymore ... he’ll be out of the league for good ....

So at this point ... with his upside ... i’d Keep him right here ...

Agreed. 100%

The raw talent is like nothing we've had in decades.

Another thing to add to your list: if he flames out again, we're still only on the hook for his rookie contract- a hit Browns can afford to take.

I'll say one other thing: I'd love nothing better than to see this kid's story turn out well. And not just for the Browns, though that would be huge. One of my favorite human interest themes is 'redemption'... when the subject rises from disappointment/personal failings to reach success. Ordinary people can get inspiration from those stories.

Dude's still a huge gamble. This 'new him' is uncharted waters for all of us rofl so I don't blame any folks who are still skeptical.

#fingerscrossed

p.s. When I clicked on this thread, it said '36 unread.' My heart seized up just like Bard's.

wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While you do have a point, to this juncture that talent has kept himself sidelined more than he's kept himself on the field. There's a huge risk/reward consideration when it comes to Josh.

Which is exactly why nobody in their right mind would give us a first or second for him... maybe if he toes the line and balls out this year, that might be an offer next year... but if he does that, then why trade him?

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
this thread is giving me so much indigestion ...

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Pretty simpele. The risk is.... if he's suspended again he's gone forever and we lost out on high draft pick in the 2018 draft.

This years wr pool looks really good. May as well get on track with some fresh new blood that hasn't screwed us up big time like Josh has and is a risk to do it again. It's the best time to get something for Josh and to cut him loose before that happens again. He gets a fresh start and so do we.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Which is exactly why nobody in their right mind would give us a first or second for him...

Not true. He'd bring interest in the 2nd or possibly 1st rd if the FO plays their cards right with Josh. They need to let other teams know we're shopping him to let him have a fresh start elsewhere. Too much water under the bridge is all.

– Jackie Robinson
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Which is exactly why nobody in their right mind would give us a first or second for him... maybe if he toes the line and balls out this year, that might be an offer next year... but if he does that, then why trade him?

We'd be lucky to get a 4th for him.

Legend
Legend
I personally wouldn't trade him either. The upside of him staying clean is too high.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A couple of 200 yard plus games and he's worth a 1st rounder plus again. Another failed test and we'd be hard pressed to get a 6th or 7th rounder for him.

Right now, a 4th sounds about right.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
A couple of 200 yard plus games and he's worth a 1st rounder plus again. Another failed test and we'd be hard pressed to get a 6th or 7th rounder for him.

Right now, a 4th sounds about right.

I disagree, I think a team like NE or any team that is close to a Super Bowl would offer a #1 right now ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
L
Legend
Legend
L
We're keeping the lad.

Too much talent, although we have to plan like he might have another major issue.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon

Link Copied to Clipboard