Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
if sashi was still gm he would kept all 3 qbs.status quo.
he will go down as worst GM in history in winning%

Right. But he wasn't really trying to win... So...

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
D
Legend
Legend
D
17 spots is about the same margin as there was between Tom Brady (Pats) and Spergon Wynn (Browns) in the 2000 draft. The only thing that fouls up the narrative is that Spergon Wynn was taken about 17 picks before Tom Brady. What the hell were we thinking? Its the ouch that keeps on giving.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
17 spots is about the same margin as there was between Tom Brady (Pats) and Spergon Wynn (Browns) in the 2000 draft. The only thing that fouls up the narrative is that Spergon Wynn was taken about 17 picks before Tom Brady. What the hell were we thinking? Its the ouch that keeps on giving.
so you're saying we'll turn Hogan into Brady brownie

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
because the draft is still 3 weeks away and we have not had anything more to talk about other than rehashing the same old things .. cool

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

So, likely the final crazy trade proposal pre-draft is upon us.

Rumors are stirring that the Seahawks are interested in, um, well, Josh Allen. And Wilson's agent wants to know why. The interest has apparently reached the, "Anything we need to know?" stage - which is basically the final check before a prospect will consider being drafted. With Seattle picking 18th, it wouldn't shock me if Allen is still on the board - nor is it unreasonable to think Seattle could move up a few slots if they are interested.

With Wilson coming off contract, it isn't shocking that the Seahawks would be scouting talent. Just in case, same logic as Green Bay trading for Kizer to develop while Rodgers' gets his new contract. The difference, however, is Green Bay made the move for Kizer while aggressively trying to get Rodgers locked down. Seattle, however, is reported to have not really yet engaged in contract talks with Wilson, per JLC.

Things have been oddly shaky with Wilson and Seattle. The last contract negotiation was notoriously difficult for a franchise quarterback. Now there is actual thought that Wilson could potentially be moved - the Seahawks are overturning their roster, which could lead to a rebuild, which could lead to significant change.

Another big concern for Wilson is age. He's approaching 30, and while that's extremely young for a quarterback, there are questions about the longevity of a 5'10" scrambling quarterback. Will he age the way the bigger, less-mobility-reliant quarterbacks age? Will he experience the typical decline in mobility, and how much will that impact his game?

Jim Trotter, of NFL Network, says the Seahawks have no interest in trading Wilson this year but are receptive to moving on if this year doesn't pan out as planned. However, people are starting to wonder what might happen if the Browns considered using some of this ammunition to try and lure Seattle in to moving Wilson immediately.

It is almost certain that nothing comes of this. Likely just both sides playing hard ball via media before eventually coming to an agreement; it's none the less interesting to speculate. It's the height of the silly season while we drool over the upcoming draft, so we play ball.

However unlikely, one does wonder if Seattle has a price for their willingness to move Wilson - especially when the Browns carry a plethora of selections with a GM who has already shown his willingness to make bold trades.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah...out-josh-allen/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/could...ost-2018-split/

http://www.king5.com/article/sports/nfl/...r/281-535733655

D
Legend
Legend
D
I didn't know where else to put this and didn't feel it was warranted for a new thread, but since a lot of us (me included) was once/still maybe are considering a trade for Luck, it really seems like Andrew may have some damage there playing hurt like he was years ago. Looks like this guy's recovery is going to be lengthy.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I heard that Luck is still not throwing a full size football. If I was a Colt fan I'd be concerned.

Legend
Legend
I heard that Luck is still not throwing a full size football. If I was a Colt fan I'd be concerned.
if I was a colt fan I'd wonder if Mayfield is a possibility

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

It makes you wonder why they took the deal with the Jets.

D
Legend
Legend
D

It makes you wonder why they took the deal with the Jets.

Not pretending that I've watched all the Indy games - but that Brisset guy didn't play bad for them. NE groomed. Just held on the ball for way too long which after 15 games of action, maybe they have faith he's on the verge of correcting that mistake over the offseason.

Interesting trade though, they had to of been aware of Luck's recovery timeline.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 04/10/18 08:12 PM. Reason: grammar
Legend
Legend
yeah, Brissett was sufficient for them too.

Theyre problem is the cast around the QB (OL sucked, D sucked). They are missing way more parts than we are

Legend
Legend

Theyre problem is the cast around the QB (OL sucked, D sucked). They are missing way more parts than we are

That's why they took the jets deal.... too many holes... they aren't a qb away

<><

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'll buy into that logic.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: jaybird

That's why they took the jets deal.... too many holes... they aren't a qb away

And they're switching defensive systems from a 3-4 to an attack 4-3. In need of Edge on the DL, need MLB and WSLB, CB, RB, WR as well. DT is a wildcard, but could be upgraded. Safety and TE are question marks as well. I think they go with Luck and Brissett and bring in a couple UDFAs after the draft (McGough, Barrett, Shimonek if they don't get drafted). I've learned more than I care about the Colts by having them in the board mock.

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Why i would answer the call from buffalo.
Rumors are churning about them wanting to move up to 4.
Yes trade 4 to buff for 12,22,65 &2019 1st .now trade 65&35 to Seattle for 18.
My big reason why is rookie contracts.
1st rd picks get 5 year rookie contracts instead of only4 years.
4 highly impactfull players under 5 year rookie contracts.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgwood

That would give us 1, 12, 18, 22, 33, 64 and most likely 2 top 5-15 picks in 2019 ... I would be ok with that. thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
1. Sam Darnold QB
12. Derwin James S
18. Calvin Ridley WR
22. Darious Guice RB
33. Jaire Alexander CB
64. Jamarco Jones OT

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Why I wouldn't take that offer.

We have the 1 & the 4. IF QBs go 1,2,3 we get essentially 2 #1 picks. When will we ever again be in such an enviable position? We can take two impact players. One will redshirt, but will hopefully be the face of our franchise for 10+ years. The other will make an immediate impact today, tomorrow etc.

Also, we have traded down SO many times in the past and it just hasn't worked out for us. Not saying it wont this time, especially with the guys we have running the show. BUT....the percentage of draft picks who pan out is hit or miss. Sure, the more we take, the more we may hit, but we also could miss and just add more "guys", which has been our strategy for so long AND miss out on that generational player who could transform our team, now.

Take the two we have focused on at 1 and 4 and don't look back. I am, however, assuming that the 4 will be Barkley or Chubb. The more I think about Chubb on our line the more I like him at 4 and will focus on a RB at 33/35. If they have scratched those two guys off their list and desperately want Ward/James/Fitz or an OL then, well....I guess do the trade and make sure you hit on every player. Our franchise can't afford to go through another botched Julio Jones trade or another group of WRs we took a couple years ago and pretty much missed entirely on.

Just my .02 cents.

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
1) baker mayfield
12) derwin james,mike mcglincey or vita vea.
18) calvin riddley, colton miller or da'ron payne
22) marcus davenport,jaire alexander orrashaan evans.
33) darrius guice,isiaha olliver
64) sonny michel,malik jefferson

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
1. Sam Darnold QB
12. Derwin James S
18. Calvin Ridley WR
22. Darious Guice RB
33. Jaire Alexander CB
64. Jamarco Jones OT

If these guys are not available at these spots then you are "just picking guys". Again.

I'm hesitant simply because of our past screw up picks after trading down. But, we'll see.

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Again it's the 5th year on a rookie contract for a 1st rd selection.
4 of them this year and 2 more next.
When else could it be remotely possible for that many 1st round picks?
Cirtanly in 5 years we won't extend a couple of them & get comp picks from fa.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

Why I wouldn't take that offer.

We have the 1 & the 4. IF QBs go 1,2,3 we get essentially 2 #1 picks. When will we ever again be in such an enviable position? We can take two impact players. One will redshirt, but will hopefully be the face of our franchise for 10+ years. The other will make an immediate impact today, tomorrow etc.

Also, we have traded down SO many times in the past and it just hasn't worked out for us. Not saying it wont this time, especially with the guys we have running the show. BUT....the percentage of draft picks who pan out is hit or miss. Sure, the more we take, the more we may hit, but we also could miss and just add more "guys", which has been our strategy for so long AND miss out on that generational player who could transform our team, now.

Take the two we have focused on at 1 and 4 and don't look back. I am, however, assuming that the 4 will be Barkley or Chubb. The more I think about Chubb on our line the more I like him at 4 and will focus on a RB at 33/35. If they have scratched those two guys off their list and desperately want Ward/James/Fitz or an OL then, well....I guess do the trade and make sure you hit on every player. Our franchise can't afford to go through another botched Julio Jones trade or another group of WRs we took a couple years ago and pretty much missed entirely on.

Just my .02 cents.

The only difference between this and other trade downs is that this trade down would simply be to get more good players in a deep draft vs kicking the can down the road for another year. Past years were about accumulating draft picks in later years, this time it would be to take advantage of a deep draft.

I'm still torn on pulling the trigger on a deal like that. In our position, you really shouldn't be passing on blue-chip talent, which is what we'd probably be doing by dropping out of the top10.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd agree, but only if we have targets in mind for trading down out of that 4th spot.

The 5th years in those extra contracts are valuable only if we pick the right guys.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Anybody else hear the rumor about the Giants offering us Ereck Flowers + a 2nd rd pick to move up so they can take Darnold? We give them #1 + a 6th rounder? It was being kicked around yesterday.

IF, Darnold is our guy I say no way to that offer. But, if they are focusing on Allen/Mayfield or Rosen then why not? That said, their line wasn't good last year and they just brought in Solder. Does Flowers suck?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Flowers was/is terrible. It’d be punishment to have to take him in a trade.

He got consistently beat like a drum last year. I thought there was even talk of benching him.

NYG wants Darnold so bad.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

He got consistently beat like a drum last year. I thought there was even talk of benching him.

Cam Erving 2.0?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
To get Flowers, I'd be willing to trade pick #4 and a 6th round pick to the NYG in exchange for #2 overall. ooo

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Does Flowers suck?

Yes. Flowers sucks. He's worse than Coleman and Drango.

Not sure why we'd every take that deal.

Sounds like something Giants fans made up to give them hope to get their guy

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I hope we do not trade the 4th pick. Take Barkley or Chubb.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
I hope we do not trade the 4th pick. Take Barkley or Chubb.

I'd agree. I want elite players.

The fourth pick should net us the best non-QB in the draft. That's very enticing to me

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
M
Legend
Legend
M

Cam Erving 2.0?

Yes.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Cam Erving 2.0?

Yes.

Reminder:

We got a fifth round pick for Cam Erving.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Cam Erving 2.0?

Yes.

Reminder:

We got a fifth round pick for Cam Erving.

A great heist. Right up there with getting something for Gilbert.

Legend
Legend
Flowers is probably even worse than Erving in that he's been a jerk and bad lockerroom guy

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Browns are expected to make CB Jamar Taylor available for trade if they draft a corner early.

DC Gregg Williams blamed a lack of talent at corner for his inability to construct a competent pass defense last season, and new GM John Dorsey responded by bringing in three corners during free agency and trading for Damarious Randall, who is expected to play safety in Cleveland but can also help out at corner. Those additions put the future of Taylor and SCB Briean Boddy-Calhoun in question, and those questions will get louder if Cleveland adds another corner in the draft. Both Taylor and Boddy-Calhoun are quality players who should be easy to move if the Browns put them on the block.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Apr 24 - 10:42 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?ls=roto:nfl:morenewstop

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
what could we get for Taylor? Swap of 6th round picks>

D
Legend
Legend
D
what could we get for Taylor? Swap of 6th round picks>

A 5th round pick tops imo. He's so inconsistent.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Does Flowers suck?

Yes. Flowers sucks. He's worse than Coleman and Drango.

Not sure why we'd every take that deal.

Sounds like something Giants fans made up to give them hope to get their guy

Ian Rappaport had something this morning about the G-men trying to move Flowers. Giants probably just going fishing

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Also, saw something this morning about this being maybe a record year for trades at the top of the draft just because of how different teams are looking at the qb's and some are falling in love.

But, I think for us to fall, we would have to really fleece somebody. I want difference makers

Legend
Legend
Flowers has been bad AND a problem in NY ... nobody moves a 23 year old former 1st round pick for no reason

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Trades Continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard