Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Criticized? You mean day in and day out like some crazed, psycho stalker after their prey? Because in case you missed it, that's what's going on here. lmao

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good Luck with that WSU.

Some guys get a little too upset when you start messing with their fantasy world.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Wah.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Your group has ruined this board. I hope that the majority of posters are happy w/losing good posters and being left w/the likes of you.

Enjoy.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Your group has ruined this board. I hope that the majority of posters are happy w/losing good posters and being left w/the likes of you.

Enjoy.

Oh my god? ! Does this mean you're finally leaving this board after all those time you've said this exact same thing insinuating that you're finally leaving?

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody likes whiners.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Nobody likes whiners.

Then why do you keep whining?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
According to @mortreport on ESPN just now, John Dorsey’s known who he was going to take for “about six weeks.”

Dorsey told Haslams “about a month ago.”

“Finally told his head coach Hue Jackson two days ago.”

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/989583368949063682

Seems to correlate pretty closely to when the Mayfield to the Browns at #1 reports started to come out.
Just saying

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo

bahahaha... rofl

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo

I’m sure if you swapped faces Hue might agree. He just got his professional career tied to a Jason White/Colt Mc Coy QB mashup.

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Jester
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
According to @mortreport on ESPN just now, John Dorsey’s known who he was going to take for “about six weeks.”

Dorsey told Haslams “about a month ago.”

“Finally told his head coach Hue Jackson two days ago.”

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/989583368949063682

Seems to correlate pretty closely to when the Mayfield to the Browns at #1 reports started to come out.
Just saying

Except Dorsey refuted that by saying he only made the decision this week and that it was a unanimous decision that everyone was on board with. He also pointed out how hard Hue was working and that he was of course in the loop.

Look Hue and Dorsey seem to be in a great working relationship unless they are lying to us. Their body language is very relaxed with each other but Dorsey is clearly the Alpha which is NORMAL because MOST GMs are the big boss of the team. You guys are just not used to seeing a normal and functioning front office.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Nobody likes whiners.

That is why I don't like Hue.

Go listen to his after game press conferences....I get it....I get it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
listen to his after game press conferences....I get it....I get it.

His presser after the first round.. he doesn't smile much.. Dorsey seems excited but Hue doesn't... just the way I took it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Hue's fate was sealed yesterday when Dorsey failed to get one of the 2 franchise QB's in the draft (Darnold/Rosen) then failed to get one of the 2 best position players (Barkley/Chubb).

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
B
Legend
Legend
B
If it works out that way, i would say it is Dorseys fate.

Hue's fate is already sealed.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Sealed with a kiss

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Sealed with a kiss

yep.. going to be here at least two more years..

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

Sealed with a kiss

yep.. going to be here at least two more years..

Dorsey is smart to keep Baker off the field altogether this year. Can’t judge a pick if the pick never plays. Dorsey buys himself at least a year before his frat boy proves his pick was the wrong one.
JMHO

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Sealed with a kiss

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Well I like Hue a lot. He well respected throughout the NFL as a football guy.

He was the first HC in a long time (Butch) that was both noted as the best candidate out there for HC and was our first choice as our HC.

In the past Decade or so we would end up getting our 3rd, 4th or 5th choice of a HC and make ado about it.

We got our guy.
We got the best ASST. that we have had in both OC n DC Good Coaches want to work with HUE.

I know 1-31 but Hue has kept the team believing in the organization and working hard for the goal. A few malcontent FAs were set free.

Hue has helped create an environment that had us being able to hire the most capable GM SINCE OUR, heck since Paul Brown if you think about it!

Hue was assessed and not fired. Hue has relinquished control of the team to Dorsey. There is no confusion on who has the POWER and final say. There is no POWER Void. Hue runs the Football on the field side and Dorsey controls all other aspects so that Hue can concentrate his effort for one thing...WINNING FOOTBALL. All wish to evaluation Hue on his work with a team that was NOT BUILT TO WIN.

But I see him keeping all fired up looking to be winners. You all see a bad QB in Kizer. I see a kid who made amazing strides in the season last year as a QB just to answer the question of: How important is it for your starting QB to be ACCURATE! How many times near the end of the season did we hear the football analyst on TV coverage say how this kid Kizer is getting everything down - NOW HE JUST HAS TO GET MORE ACCURATE! Well Hue had control of those variables improved on...but there is just so much a coach can do on Accuracy.

So he is an excellent coach to bring along a QB, especially the RIGHT QB.

He got his DC and now his OC. We finally got the GM who brought in the right amount of vets to help the young players who are maturing anyways.

In this pick of Baker. We find out that during the Pro Day at OU is where Hue came away with the thought process and said to Dorsey, "This is MY GUY"

So all this big leak to the media cause Hue is a blabber mouth is spoken from those who just simply HATE Hue. Cause how many thought Hue was a Baker guy up till maybe the last day before the draft.

I'm glad we got Hue and once we start winning this season. His presence here is only going to get stronger and stronger.

We finally got a good HC and a good GM and there is no power struggle. Bot will do their job and get it DONE!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I think Hue's daughter hijacked Eo's account lol.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tab...Hue has to win 31 games with no losses to even be at .500 for wins and losses...if he keeps losing without winning he will be an absolute failure as a HC....

Not sure whats going to happen...but I'm not even close to calling him a good HC...motivate and talk all you want,,,but it's the W's and l's that everyone looks at..

here's a list of Coaches wins losses and percentage rankings.... find Hue...

Hues ranking

D
Legend
Legend
D
Haha, I don't even want to see that list. Nope nope nope hahaha.

V
Legend
Legend
V
This board is so freaking dumb. The guy who handled the roster [Sashi] is being praised and is not being held responsible for the record and the guy who was handed the terrible roster [Hue] is being slammed and is being held responsible for the record.

Y'all suck!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Y'all suck!

kind of like your post and Hues 1-31 record...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Tab...Hue has to win 31 games with no losses to even be at .500 for wins and losses...if he keeps losing without winning he will be an absolute failure as a HC....

Not sure whats going to happen...but I'm not even close to calling him a good HC...motivate and talk all you want,,,but it's the W's and l's that everyone looks at..

here's a list of Coaches wins losses and percentage rankings.... find Hue...

Hues ranking

Oh my friend....he already is a failure as a head coach.

Hue could go 10-6 for the next 8 years before he got the record to 79-79.

He is a misfit now.

Everybody in the building is gearing for the future, except Hue. Hue is coaching game to game.

He didn't care about Kizers development, he won't care about Mayfields.

Hue is already a coach in name only. Nobody takes him seriously.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
That might be a tad unfair. Maybe more than a tad.

I have a couple concerns about Hue, but I don't think he isn't taken seriously by Dorsey and the players, or his assistants. You don't like him and that's cool, however, you do see the crap talent he was given in the past two seasons, right?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
however, you do see the crap talent he was given in the past two seasons, right?

Is that the same crap talent I see still on the roster except for a few changes... If the team loses is it going to be because Joe Thomas retired ?

L
Legend
Legend
L
A "few" changes?
Really?? Just a few.....

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
You don't like him and that's cool...

...Yep!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
That might be a tad unfair. Maybe more than a tad.

I have a couple concerns about Hue, but I don't think he isn't taken seriously by Dorsey and the players, or his assistants. You don't like him and that's cool, however, you do see the crap talent he was given in the past two seasons, right?

I don't know, I think I worked the numbers right.

As for the misfit comment, possibly so if taken without context, which I tried to provide. Right now, Hue isn't concerned with a long range plan. He is concerned with winning football right out of the gate. That part is good. The bad part is he knows he can't survive many losses so he is going to do what is best for him.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I feel ya dawg ... I really do ... here’s some things ya’all need to consider ...

- Hue does not have the same job he had last year .. hes in an ENTIRELY NEW POSITION when it comes to his time and what he is responsible for ... i don’t know if his duties as OC/Playcaller took up 20% or 40% of his time ... but hes no longer OC ..

HUGE RESPONSIBILITY LIFTED ...

- He has a well respected very good OC ... Haley’s a HUGE ADDITION .... now U have Hue and Haley together ... thats a lot of Offensive brain power ...

- we have also added TT, Landry, Hyde and Chubb to the O ... and hopefully Josh will be here all off season and the entire season ... thats just not 3 new starters there MAJOR MAJOR UPGRADES ... and if Josh makes it through thats 4 MAJOR UPGRADES just on O ...

On D were gonna have 3 if not 4 new starters in the secondary including a real CB in Ward ... we still need help here IMO but its going to be a night and day difference from last years ...

And lets be honest last years record and Sashi getting fired revolved around 1 thing and 1 thing only ... NO QB .... Kizer had many flaws but the one that cost us was his inability to not only finish a drive but not even get points .. the TO’s in the other teams territory literally KILLED US ...

I’m not sure what u guys expected wins wise last year ... but with the qb play coupled with Joe’s injury (we would have won that game if he didnt get hurt ... ) ... and the fact we literally didn’t have a secondary and ALL THE INJURIES ....

I’m not going to sit here and say Hue did a good job coaching the team last year ... he has his WARTS ... but dude had the deck stacked against him ... 1 - 31 is not on him ... being bad was baked into the plan ....

And one of the things that really hurt him was the losing ... he could not handle it ... the 1st year U could see the losing affecting him in his face .. u could see the life being sucked right out of him ... i mentioned it after more than one game two years ago ....

the losing led to some irrational decisions IMO at times topped off by the AJ bye week debacle .. he wanted to win so bad and hated losing so much he was willing to give up a KINGS RANSOM for a guy thats not very good just to win a few games over the last 1/2 of the season ...

I think it affected all aspects of his coaching ...

And add to that the fact he did not get along with the FO at all ... that’s ANOTHER LOG ON THE FIRE NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT .... prolly cause we didnt know til the bye week last year ...

But think of that ... its got to take its toll ... having zero trust and not getting along with the person who has your fate in their hands ...

I just thought of that ...

End of the day ... HUES IN A NEW JOB ... WE HAVE A NEW TEAM ... he now has a chance to SUCEED ... where as before ... HE DIDN’T ...

Hue proved he couldn’t be HC/OC of last years QBless team ... lets see how he does being the HC of this team ...

And dawg .... I EXPECT 6 WINS MINIMUM ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Excellent post... Great points made.. It really tells a true tale of the 2 years previous..

I hope this all changes Hues circumstances to win and succeed as a HC.. I just get a little frustrated with the Talent he had is why he couldn't win..

I believe there was enough talent on the team to pull out more than 1 win in 32 tries... Big factor that you mention was his double duties as HC/OC.

No way I want to see this team start off losing just to see a HC change.. I want nothing more than to start off strong and finish with a very good record..

Wouldn't it be nice to see a HC with a 1-31 record turn it into a 10-37 record and having the team into the playoffs this season...lol

Always appreciate a good read that makes me think of the situation and how I feel about it...I may not like Hue.. But it doesn't mean I want to see failure..That's been seen to long around these parts..

Legend
Legend
Good points on Hue. i'm willing to give him the year to see what can be accomplished. No doubt we have MUCH better players than a year ago, and at KEY positions.

We have added talent, experience, and future upside. Plus, we've taken a lot off of his plate

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This board is so freaking dumb. The guy who handled the roster [Sashi] is being praised and is not being held responsible for the record and the guy who was handed the terrible roster [Hue] is being slammed and is being held responsible for the record.

Y'all suck!

I don't get the Sashi love either. He dropped the ball on the qb situation and let some talent go for nothing in return. He and Hue both were responsible for 1-31, and Hue should have been kicked to the curb right along with Sashi.

I hope we're not left wondering what might have been if we didn't waste all this time giving the all-time losingest coach in NFL history another chance.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
So if he only goes 11-5 next season...he should be fired cause after all in 3 seasons he is 12-36 a horrible record?

And yes this is what you all are saying.

I know make fun of me for sticking up for Hue, don't get the daughter bit but you all liked it. I know it was no compliment.

1-31 we did not fire him. He had a team that was not built to win. He had a team that was broken down to the bare necessities.

Now we have actually built this team to compete. It is here I want to see how he performs as a HC. When he came here we played a 3-4 Defense, he wanted a 4-3 but sometimes you take what you can get. When one of the better 4-3 DC's became available he jumped on it.

We had no QB he ran the O and tried to make ado about it. Who cares if we felt that we should have won 3 games instead of -0- The team was not built to win. I don't want to know how many wins he can make with a team not ready to win.

I want to know that he can win with a team that is built to compete. This is the first year. To me he starts 0-0. I don't care about the record book. And by your accounting, 11-5 just doesn't cut it. He should be fired. Is that what you are saying?

So there is no defense for Hue. According to you guys he is a lame duck. Heck even 16-0 just not good enough and he should be fired cause when all is said and done he is nothing but a .354 winning percentage HC and that just is not good at all. I think you don't really have this in perspective.

You are evaluating him on his record only for a team that was not built to win but to rebuild and cut to the bone. How is that remotely fair in assessing his value as a HC?

But ok, make fun of me for looking at it logically. Logically you say? Yeah, cause we did not fire him at 1-31. Which means we wiped the slate clean. Made this team competitive and now will judge Hue on the product.

I don't know lately all I seem to have is conflict with all. Is it me cause I'm just positive? And yet I keep looking at the fact we did not fire Hue at 1-31. If you don't fire a HC with 1-31 how can you look at it any other way? Evidently my thought process was pretty similar to those making the decisions; Dorsey/Dee/Jimmy.

I can only assume they saw what I saw. And you know what Dorsey has even stated it. Hue kept the team together. I saw Kizer vastly improved, I trust him with the QB situation. Not my problem if you all couldn't see the improvement with Kizer. He still sucked as a QB cause Accuracy is the most important variable and that is a variable he just did not possess.

Instead of lauging at me and mocking me. How bout actually break down what I stated and prove me wrong.

Can you think of a reason why we would not FIRE the HC after 1-31 if it wasn't for the fact that we don't believe that defines him as a HC?

I know I'm just a dumb old guy, I wish I was heavily sedated.

Wife's company changed their Insurance company. Here I need 3 pills a day for probably 2 more months. They come on board and I go to fill my script and they tell me I am only allowed 7 pills for the month and will not fill my script for 90. So I'm sitting here literally with a hole in my Ankle bone in excruciating pain as I fight these Dimwits who don't even hold a college degree let alone a Doctors degree. Arrggghhh.

Thanks for the vent...guess I should leave and go back to the fight again! You guys aren't even close to my biggest worry. But think about it. We fired the GM? Why not the HC? Maybe I happen to be correct which does not mean I'm ok with losing. I am saying we know what he can do with a team that is not built to win...now lets see how he does with one built to compete!

later.

But yeah, our QB sucks, we should not ask our players to abide by the NFL Rules. Our HC sucks. Our pick of a shut down CB was just Stupid. But wait, I'm a Homer so my opinion just should not count.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
I don't get the Sashi love either. He dropped the ball on the qb situation and let some talent go for nothing in return. He and Hue both were responsible for 1-31, and Hue should have been kicked to the curb right along with Sashi.

I hope we're not left wondering what might have been if we didn't waste all this time giving the all-time losingest coach in NFL history another chance.

A lack of Sashi-hate does not equal Sashi-praise. To my eyes, no one is praising Sashi while putting 100% of the blame on Hue. There is plenty of blame to go around. If Hue were 2-14 and then 3-13 the 'lack of talent' argument - and we had a serious lack of talent - would hold more water. 1-31 is epic and historical...no surprise that a big-talking HC will get some continued flack for such a record.

The talent is being upgraded, all the QBs from last year are gone, the Chief Tie Breaker is gone. The last guy in the blame-game is still here...it's not hard to see why he still gets hammered.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
... here’s some things ya’all need to consider ...

Good post all around Bro. This board is too full of haters.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
How bout actually break down what I stated and prove me wrong.

I copied this part... I left the part before this out because it was a ridiculous statement...

Quote:
And yes this is what you all are saying

Lets get something clear here..If you are replying to me directly then I will reply to what I have stated ..and the you alls can make their statement you.. like vers it seems people like to put you alls into posts assuming we all say and think the same thing because it is a different opinion of another

So lets continue this conversation as you were directing the reply directly to me...

Quote:
So if he only goes 11-5 next season...he should be fired cause after all in 3 seasons he is 12-36 a horrible record?

That wasn't even close to what I was implying... I stated that Hue would have to win 31 games without any losses to be at.500. If the losses were to continue and the wins didn't come then yes..he would be a terrible HC.

I would love to see an 11-5 season and would hope the seasons thereafter would be just as rewarding.

Quote:
I know make fun of me for sticking up for Hue, don't get the daughter bit but you all liked it

Once again you ar assuming I'm laughing at you...Why do you think that way ? and again I never made any statement on what Hues daughter said...again..the you alls can reply to you on that.

Quote:
You are evaluating him on his record only for a team that was not built to win but to rebuild and cut to the bone. How is that remotely fair in assessing his value as a HC?

There were other factors involved with assessing Hue other than the very important W/l record... It has all been discussed...

Quote:
we did not fire him at 1-31. Which means we wiped the slate clean. Made this team competitive and now will judge Hue on the product.

We don't know if this team is competitive yet..On paper it looks great..on the field it's a wide open assumption... I can't wait to see how Hue does..

Quote:
Heck even 16-0 just not good enough and he should be fired cause when all is said and done he is nothing but a .354 winning percentage HC and that just is not good at all. I think you don't really have this in perspective.

I believe your the one who doesn't have it in perspective..You keep bringing up the percentage after having a perfect season... Kind of reminds me of Jack Del Rio after his 3 seasons in Oakland...

Quote:
Who cares if we felt that we should have won 3 games instead of -0- The team was not built to win.

I would think the players would have cared...Might of gave them some confidence that they could win instaed of always losing...

Quote:
I don't want to know how many wins he can make with a team not ready to win.

Isn't it the HC's job to make a team ready to win ?

Hope all turns out well with your pain and meds...I'm not laughing or mocking you... I respect your post and enjoyed some conversation with you...get well soon Tab.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Will Cleveland Browns' Hue Jackson be a coach in name only? Bill Livingston

Link Copied to Clipboard