Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
Great pick.

What's up, some of you aren't loving our "football guy".

What gives?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Love it!!!

We finally get it right!

Happy for ya!

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I HOPE!!! He proove's us wrong.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Truth be told... I'm already over this. He's on our team now. I even supported JM when we drafted him, although that pick it took much longer to get over it.

Come on Baker, we need you to play good soooooooooooooooooo, so bad.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Knew the Browns were going to be moronic once they hired Dorsey.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He BETTER prove us wrong.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I just feel numb.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

I am not sure the FO could have screwed up 2 picks in the top 4 any worse than they did tonight.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

I am not sure the FO could have screwed up 2 picks in the top 4 any worse than they did tonight.

That's your opinion Denzel Ward is the BEST CB in this draft by far ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Love the pick or not, he's a Browns player now and I hope his success in college translates to the pros.

I just pray Hue doesn't do him like he did Kizer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm excited. Baker Mayfield. I'm even more excited that it's not Josh Allen

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No interview? Cleveland is totally irrelevant.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
This is the worst pick ever. Been a browns fan since i was 10. I'm speechless. I wanted Saquon and Chubb or Darnold and Chubb. We will see how this works out.

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Did these guy play games yet? I must've missed it.

(I say this every year.)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Great pick.

What gives?

Gee, perhaps it's because we now have the shortest and smallest QB in our division and one of the smallest in the league. SO happy about that. If only he were 5 foot tall it would be even better.

He BETTER be the next GREAT quarterback or EVERYONE is FIRED!

He better never get hurt and he better light up the league. Because our new GM just HAD to outsmart everyone else. HAD to pass on a much more sure thing. So he bet on Mayfield. He bet his CAREER on Mayfield.
If he isn't a GREAT quarterback then Dorsey should never work in the NFL again. Then we pass on Chubb for a corner? We just BLEW this draft.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Basically the Browns chose two players not in the top 5 of the draft. Essentially the top of the draft happened AROUND the Browns. The other teams got a winning lottery ticket handed to them. Only the the Browns could Brown this this badly.

[Linked Image]
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

Couldn't this have been said if they took any of the QBs?

Legend
Legend
this was a terrible half hour of my life

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Love it. Best QB in the draft.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Basically the Browns chose two players not in the top 5 of the draft. Essentially the top of the draft happened AROUND the Browns. The other teams got a winning lottery ticket handed to them. Only the the Browns could Brown this this badly.

The rest of the NFL plays chess and the Browns FO plays checkers.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
All Pro
All Pro
Joe retires and we grab the big name that didn't go to the draft...

Man, I hope my heart is right about Baker.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
O
Legend
Legend
O
Mayfield's numbers don't lie. Two inches taller and he's the only one the conversation would have been about.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The rest of the NFL plays chess and the Browns FO plays checkers.

With these guys? Somehow I doubt that. They've got solid credentials. I think you'll end up happy

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was upset, but it's over with let's hope Dorsey is smarter than all of us. I say go for an OL Or RB next.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

That's your opinion Denzel Ward is the BEST CB in this draft by far ...

You take a corner at #4 he better be the best corner in the LEAGUE! He better be a Rod Woodson type player. Especially in the modern NFL where corners aren't ALLOWED to be GREAT. I expect a LOT of interceptions THIS season. We passed on CHUBB for him. Now Garrett will be double teamed every down this season. So much for having a dominant D line.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Horrible.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You take a corner at #4 he better be the best corner in the LEAGUE! He better be a Rod Woodson type player. Especially in the modern NFL where corners aren't ALLOWED to be GREAT. I expect a LOT of interceptions THIS season. We passed on CHUBB for him. Now Garrett will be double teamed every down this season. So much for having a dominant D line.

Before his injury, Ogbah was really coming into his own last season

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
( We passed on CHUBB for him. Now Garrett will be double teamed every down this season. So much for having a dominant D line.)
Stop the QB you don't need super CBS.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Great pick.

What gives?

Gee, perhaps it's because we now have the shortest and smallest QB in our division and one of the smallest in the league. SO happy about that. If only he were 5 foot tall it would be even better.

He better never get hurt and he better light up the league. Because our new GM just HAD to outsmart everyone else. HAD to pass on a much more sure thing. So he bet on Mayfield. He bet his CAREER on Mayfield.
If he isn't a GREAT quarterback then Dorsey should never work in the NFL again. Then we pass on Chubb for a corner? We just BLEW this draft.

LOl....Dorsey picked who Sashi would have picked.....and even Sashi would have selected Chubb.

I like the Mayfield pick......the Ward pick was a big reach. He needs to be a lot like Deion where he was drafted.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: shotty66
Stop the QB you don't need super CBS.

We hope, but with the rules in favor of receivers, a top-notch corner is also of high value.

Guys like Brady are tough to stop because they get rid of the ball so fast

M
Legend
Legend
M
Wanted Darnold. Have no problem with Mayfield.

Feared the thought of Allen actually being the pick.

Looking forward to seeing Mayfield compete with Taylor in TC.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Where is kwip telling people they were stupid thinking Dorsey would draft anyone other than Darnold?

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I was disappointed when I heard baker's name but I'm coming around to it - I really have no other choice. All these top QBs have flaws.
I will say the kid has some jam.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Some of you guys need to get a grip. I know you all had your favorites you wanted picked, but Mayfield is at least one of the most football intelligent and accurate guys in the draft. Those that think we were morons for passing on Darnold, just know that the Giants passed on him when everyone said he was gone. The Jets were planning on taking Mayfield when they heard Darnold may slip and interviewed him at the last moment. Those that wanted Rosen ... he's still on the board, after Allen.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

Who is behind him? You have Ogbah, Garrett AND Chubb you can keep them fresh. You have a great rotation. But hey, we don't need no stinking Chubb. He's a bum. We just drafted the best corner in the league. Or at least he BETTER be spending the #4 pick in the draft on him. He better remind us all of Rod Woodson. He better SHUT DOWN every #1 WR he faces. Because at #4, that is AWFULLY high for a corner.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A later round pick can be behind him. Other good edge guys left.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

Who is behind him? You have Ogbah, Garrett AND Chubb you can keep them fresh. You have a great rotation. But hey, we don't need no stinking Chubb. He's a bum. We just drafted the best corner in the league. Or at least he BETTER be spending the #4 pick in the draft on him. He better remind us all of Rod Woodson. He better SHUT DOWN every #1 WR he faces. Because at #4, that is AWFULLY high for a corner.

We can trade back in a take Sam Hubbard if we think we need another edge rusher ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Great pick.

What gives?

LOl....Dorsey picked who Sashi would have picked.....and even Sashi would have selected Chubb.

I like the Mayfield pick......the Ward pick was a big reach. He needs to be a lot like Deion where he was drafted.

Sashi Brown would have traded down from #4.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Some of you guys need to get a grip. I know you all had your favorites you wanted picked, but Mayfield is at least one of the most football intelligent and accurate guys in the draft. Those that think we were morons for passing on Darnold, just know that the Giants passed on him when everyone said he was gone. The Jets were planning on taking Mayfield when they heard Darnold may slip and interviewed him at the last moment. Those that wanted Rosen ... he's still on the board, after Allen.

Fine. He's the greatest QB ever! Woo hoo. A barely six foot QB small in stature can't miss! Well, he BETTER be the greatest QB we have EVER seen in Cleveland. He better beat out TT THIS season and light it UP! If he's a bust? You might as well bulldoze that stadium right on into Lake Erie because NO ONE will EVER watch the Browns again. They just bet the FRANCHISE on Mayfield. Had they taken the safe bet, then if he failed it would have hurt but not as bad. Rolling the dice on a LONG SHOT means they HAVE to get it right. Or it's over for this franchise. We were already on the brink.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Fine. He's the greatest QB ever! Woo hoo. A barely six foot QB small in stature can't miss! Well, he BETTER be the greatest QB we have EVER seen in Cleveland. He better beat out TT THIS season and light it UP! If he's a bust? You might as well bulldoze that stadium right on into Lake Erie because NO ONE will EVER watch the Browns again. They just bet the FRANCHISE on Mayfield. Had they taken the safe bet, then if he failed it would have hurt but not as bad. Rolling the dice on a LONG SHOT means they HAVE to get it right. Or it's over for this franchise. We were already on the brink.

Insert any of the QBs names for Mayfield and most of this is still true.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Browns select Baker Mayfield with the first overall pick

Link Copied to Clipboard